Colossus with Mjolnir vs. Thor bare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
I had a dream last night that Thor, seeking a challenge, gave Colossus his hammer to fight him.

Classic Colossus gets Mjolnir and has access only to its throwing, flying, and hitting abilities. That means he can strike with it any kind of way, take flight, and call it back. He can't affect the weather or anything else. He would use it mostly to strike and throw and not so much cheesy remote control stuff.

Thor has to fight bare handed with no lightning powers or anything else.
Thor cannot lift Mjolnir nor can he access it in any way.
Fight starts 20 feet away on a featureless environment.

Who wins?

LeonBuco666
Does colossus have experience with it? Like is he skilled with it or os he just swinging an throwing it around

Endless Mike
Thor. Interesting thread though.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
I had a dream last night that Thor, seeking a challenge, gave Colossus his hammer to fight him.
U sure do have a lot of comic book dreams.

It's a wonder u don't have much that involve threesomes with Supergirl and Sif. Or Maybe Wondy and Ms. Marvel. Or better yet Gamora and Starfire...

LeonBuco666
If it comes to close combat thor wins, but if colossus keeps him at bay he can win if he can wear him down

-Pr-
Thor wins; even with Mjolnir, the strength gap is still far too large imo.

h1a8
Colossus is skilled with it. I don't think the strength gap is that large in terms of Colossus durability vs Thor's punching strength.
Colossus has been hit my many Herald level strength beings. Thor is not going to one or two shot him. Not even close. Even Hulk said (in WWH) that he was a worthy opponent before (to Savage Hulk).

For LeonBuco666
Colossus has Thor's skills with throwing the hammer. Swinging it for a strike doesn't take much skill.

LeonBuco666
Yes ino it doesnt take much skill, but if he cant weild it efficiently then hes not gonna be able to do much with it but since hes skilled, then if it comes close quarters he could stand a chance if he keeps thor at bay he could wear him down gradually

-Pr-
Colossus is skilled with it. I don't think the strength gap is that large in terms of Colossus durability vs Thor's punching strength.
Colossus has been hit my many Herald level strength beings. Thor is not going to one or two shot him. Not even close. Even Hulk said (in WWH) that he was a worthy opponent before (to Savage Hulk).

For LeonBuco666
Colossus has Thor's skills with throwing the hammer. Swinging it for a strike doesn't take much skill.

I could close this for spite, and neither mod would complain.

There's at least something of a substantial gap. Colossus having the hammer helps, sure, but it's not a miracle worker.

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
I could close this for spite, and neither mod would complain.

There's at least something of a substantial gap. Colossus having the hammer helps, sure, but it's not a miracle worker. I understand. But durability plays a role too. And Colossus has flight and can throw the hammer at Thor from a distance.

so how do you feel Namor and Thor would fare in h2h?
Many believe Namor can hold is own against a bare Thor but will eventually lose. .

Thing is able to hang with Namor in strength on a consistent basis.
Colossus is probably superior to Thing has beaten the Hulk in a fight before. Colossus has gone toe to toe with Gladiator (created initially to be a Superman clone for marvel).

Colossus is no slouch. Of course he's not on Thor's level but I don't see Thor blowing him out of the water considering his feats against physical peers.

Silent Master
Colossus' fight against Gladiator was before Kallark was shown to be an elite top tier...in fact IIRC Colossus ended up being KO'd by a falling building.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Colossus' fight against Gladiator was before Kallark was shown to be an elite top tier...in fact IIRC Colossus ended up being KO'd by a falling building. But it's still canon. Also we have the fact that Gladiator was created to be Superman's equal. A Superman clone for marvel. At the time marvel wanted to show how well Colossus could do with Superman.

Colossus has strength feats of lifting tankers weighing at least 10,000 tons. He has beaten Hulk in a fight, overpowered Magneto, and has other feats to show he can at least hang with Thor in h2h for a while before losing.

Ulik, who is around Colossus level has hung with Thor (with Mjolnir) on multiple occasions.

Using Mjolnir gives him ranged attacks, flight, and amps his striking considerably. Let's not forget that Colossus has decent blunt force durability.

carver9
Thor wins; even with Mjolnir, the strength gap is still far too large imo.

Don't agree. Having Thor hammer would give Colossus a strength increase. Lets use Storm as an example. The hammer changed her to the point that she was able to fight evenly against Thor. Giving Colossus the hammer would do the same thing.

-Pr-
I understand. But durability plays a role too. And Colossus has flight and can throw the hammer at Thor from a distance.

so how do you feel Namor and Thor would fare in h2h?
Many believe Namor can hold is own against a bare Thor but will eventually lose. .

Thing is able to hang with Namor in strength on a consistent basis.
Colossus is probably superior to Thing has beaten the Hulk in a fight before. Colossus has gone toe to toe with Gladiator (created initially to be a Superman clone for marvel).

Colossus is no slouch. Of course he's not on Thor's level but I don't see Thor blowing him out of the water considering his feats against physical peers.

Don't use ABC logic, please.

Namor is above both Thing and Colossus, so the point is moot anyway.

Originally posted by carver9
Don't agree. Having Thor hammer would give Colossus a strength increase. Lets use Storm as an example. The hammer changed her to the point that she was able to fight evenly against Thor. Giving Colossus the hammer would do the same thing.

Who says Colossus is being amped?

Branlor Swift
The hammer amps you to Thor levels.

It's basically Thor hammer less vs Metal Slower Thor with Mjolnir

Though that type of shit usually gives Thor DYNAMIC STRENGTH, but still

-Pr-
I didn't know that. Really should have been specified in the OP.

Branlor Swift
It's never been shown to stack, but it's a good bet you're at basic Thor level if you're holding it

He who holds this hammer shall be granted the power of Thor or whatever the dick it says.

EDIT: Colossus gets the Loki treatment if he doesn't get Thor's strength. With it? He still might lose, but it's closer for sure.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, if he grabs Mjolnir, he'd have basic Thor level stats. Colossus would be pretty much Angrir without the mind control if not even more powerful because Mjolnir's more awesome.

I think on average Colossus should win with such a large boost and the hammer but I can easily see in a comic Thor suddenly relying on speed/skill on wining. Or having one of his heavy metal moments and just pounding him down.

Ulik, who is around Colossus level has hung with Thor (with Mjolnir) on multiple occasions.

Based on what?

LeonBuco666
What? laughing out loud rulk never had thors powers when he beat him nearly to death with it, the only thing it gives you of thors powers is the weather and the op already stated he couldnt do that, he can hit with it, fly with it and throw it

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
What? laughing out loud rulk never had thors powers when he beat him nearly to death with it, the only thing it gives you of thors powers is the weather and the op already stated he couldnt do that, he can hit with it, fly with it and throw it Rulk wasn't worthy. It was gravity exploitation (that still made no sense)

But you're probably a reliable source.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rulk wasn't worthy however. But he was able to use Mjolnir charged lighting with his attacks. I do not understand at all how that is possible but Rulk he had energy absorption powers at the time though so whatever.

LeonBuco666
I may not be a reliable source, but you have just contradicted yourself, you never said if they are worthy they get powers you said who ever holds the hammer gets thor level powers, rulk held mjonlir and never gained any of thors powers apart from the lightning attacks? But thats already been stripped from mjonlir by op, so what are you talking about

Branlor Swift
I may not be a reliable source, but you have just contradicted yourself, you never said if they are worthy they get powers you said who ever holds the hammer gets thor level powers, rulk held mjonlir and never gained any of thors powers apart from the lightning attacks? But thats already been stripped from mjonlir by op, so what are you talking about So the hammer works based on my paraphrasing?
Good to know I can write shit in canon just by this site... Thanos is more powerful than Odin based on Odin himself.

But seriously, use your head here. It's pretty common sense you have to be worthy. I shouldn't have to write those exact words for it to be true.

I forgot one line though, pretty close for not reading the inscription for years:
"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

LeonBuco666
laughing out loud i never said it works by your paraphrasing, you contradicted youraelf, dont act so smart, the power of thor? Mjonlir lets thor manip the weather without it he cant, op said colossos cannot manip the weather but do the basics of what you can do with mjonlir, nothing about thor changes weather he is weilding it or not apart from he can whack people with a hammer, fly and manipulate the weather

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud i never said it works by your paraphrasing, you contradicted youraelf, dont act so smart, the power of thor? Mjonlir lets thor manip the weather without it he cant, op said colossos cannot manip the weather but do the basics of what you can do with mjonlir, nothing about thor changes weather he is weilding it or not apart from he can whack people with a hammer, fly and manipulate the weather

Thor's weather powers are independent of Mjolnir.

But you have to be Worthy before you get the power of Thor added to your own. Otherwise the hammer is just a large indestructible paperweight.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's weather powers are independent of Mjolnir.

But you have to be Worthy before you get the power of Thor added to your own. Otherwise the hammer is just a large indestructible paperweight. thats what its being used for, already stated by op all he can do is hit, throw and fly with it

Spire
If it's a non amped Colossus then Thor wins due to being more durable/tougher and a better fighter. You can even argue intelligence, speed(lol yeah I know... but still), and endurance.

If it is an amped Colossus it can go either way, Thor can still do it due to being a better fighter.

If Thor retains knowledge of Mjolnir its even further slanted in his favor(both scenarios).

Branlor Swift
laughing out loud i never said it works by your paraphrasing, you contradicted youraelf, dont act so smart, the power of thor? Mjonlir lets thor manip the weather without it he cant, op said colossos cannot manip the weather but do the basics of what you can do with mjonlir, nothing about thor changes weather he is weilding it or not apart from he can whack people with a hammer, fly and manipulate the weather How in any way did I contradict myself?

I paraphrased an inscription, and forgot a sentence. A sentence which is common sense that you have to be worthy.

Because clearly I was absolute with that sentence and I think for a fact that you don't actually have to be worthy!!!

Use your head again.

Silent Master
But it's still canon. Also we have the fact that Gladiator was created to be Superman's equal. A Superman clone for marvel. At the time marvel wanted to show how well Colossus could do with Superman.

Colossus has strength feats of lifting tankers weighing at least 10,000 tons. He has beaten Hulk in a fight, overpowered Magneto, and has other feats to show he can at least hang with Thor in h2h for a while before losing.

Using Mjolnir gives him ranged attacks, flight, and amps his striking considerably. Let's not forget that Colossus has decent blunt force durability.

What is canon is that Colossus not only lost that fight, but he was ko'd by a falling building...btw lifting a tanker isn't very impressive for guys in Thor's strength cl and IIRC the only time Colossus' overpowered Magneto was in the Ult universe, which isn't canon to 616 Colossus.

-Pr-
Amped Colossus would win imo.

Non-amped loses.

LeonBuco666
I refuse to carry this on with you because your missing the entore point, the Op has already stated he does not have access to the weather manip, mjonlirs main power, he only has access to striking flying and throwing, thor has next to no powers without mjonlir

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Spire
If it's a non amped Colossus then Thor wins due to being more durable/tougher and a better fighter. You can even argue intelligence, speed(lol yeah I know... but still), and endurance.

If it is an amped Colossus it can go either way, Thor can still do it due to being a better fighter.

If Thor retains knowledge of Mjolnir its even further slanted in his favor(both scenarios).

Thor actually proved to be faster then Colossus in their recent fight:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16069933_Cable_and_X-Force_010-017.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16069934_Cable_and_X-Force_010-018.jpg

A little surprising since Colossus is one of the speedier and more agile bricks but Thor should be noticeably better even in speed I guess.

-Pr-
I refuse to carry this on with you because your missing the entore point, the Op has already stated he does not have access to the weather manip, mjonlirs main power, he only has access to striking flying and throwing, thor has next to no powers without mjonlir

Even I know that isn't true.

LeonBuco666
What isnt true? The godblast is not apart of mjonlir it acts as, lets say a conductor for thors life force, so thats not apart of mjonlirs powerset if thats what your thinkin pr

Spire
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16069933_Cable_and_X-Force_010-017.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16069934_Cable_and_X-Force_010-018.jpg

A little surprising since Colossus is one of the speedier and more agile bricks but Thor should be noticeably better even in speed I guess.

Which is one the the reasons why I said you could argue it.

h1a8

A little surprising since Colossus is one of the speedier and more agile bricks but Thor should be noticeably better even in speed I guess. If only Thor fought more fairly. I would love to see a fight between him and Colossus h2h. Even if he beats him soundly I would still love to see it. After all, he threw the hammer away against Hulk (who is more powerful than Colossus).

Rage.Of.Olympus
If only Thor fought more fairly. I would love to see a fight between him and Colossus h2h. Even if he beats him soundly I would still love to see it. After all, he threw the hammer away against Hulk (who is more powerful than Colossus).

Lol.

Originally posted by Spire
Which is one the the reasons why I said you could argue it.

Okay.

Silent Master
If only Thor fought more fairly. I would love to see a fight between him and Colossus h2h. Even if he beats him soundly I would still love to see it. After all, he threw the hammer away against Hulk (who is more powerful than Colossus).

What about the fight wasn't fair?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor winning, duh.

-Pr-
As a Colossus fan, I don't want to see Thor fight him; I could do with not seeing Colossus get the shit kicked out of him just for the sake of a fight, tbh.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
What about the fight wasn't fair? Thor has a weapon of mass destruction while being much stronger, faster, and more skilled than his opponent. What kind of challenge is that. He is supposed to have a warrior's heart. Diana is more of a warrior than him (only in that instance).

Would it be fair if I fought a child with a baseball bat?

h1a8
As a Colossus fan, I don't want to see Thor fight him; I could do with not seeing Colossus get the shit kicked out of him just for the sake of a fight, tbh.

You may be surprised. Comics can have anything in them. Colossus beating Hulk up was a shocker to me. It was good to see though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor has a weapon of mass destruction while being much stronger, faster, and more skilled than his opponent. What kind of challenge is that. He is supposed to have a warrior's heart. Diana is more of a warrior than him (only in that instance).

Lol.

He's also more durable too.

h1a8
Lol.

He's also more durable too.

Yup
Thor's a pussy ass laughing out loud

-Pr-
You may be surprised. Comics can have anything in them. Colossus beating Hulk up was a shocker to me. It was good to see though.

He didn't really beat him up.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup
Thor's a pussy ass laughing out loud

Bro, every other thread has you claiming someone speed blitz a character before they can react or something. Now Thor's less of a warrior for beating up Colossus?

Just admit that a big blonde Norwegian male robbed your virginity in the back of an alley. And now your poophole clenches up whenever you see Thor.

Branlor Swift
Just admit that a big white Marvel logo robbed your virginity in the back of an alley. And now your poophole clenches up whenever you see a Marvel character. fixed

Silent Master
Thor has a weapon of mass destruction while being much stronger, faster, and more skilled than his opponent. What kind of challenge is that. He is supposed to have a warrior's heart. Diana is more of a warrior than him (only in that instance).

Thor didn't use any of Mjolnir's abilities against Colossus, so it being a "weapon of mass destruction" is irrelevant.

As for their physical difference, unless you're fighting and exact clone; that's something that is part of every fight, it certainly doesn't warrant breaking out the "not a fair fight" excuse.

juggernaut74

Would it be fair if I fought a child with a baseball bat? Both good points. Colossus wasn't even kayoed from that 2nd hit.

Branlor Swift
yes he was

juggernaut74

Colossus has gone toe to toe with Gladiator (created initially to be a Superman clone for marvel).
The shockwaves from their punches was knocking over skycrapers. Glads no-sold Colossus' swinging that giant pillar at him with his hands on his hips and a smile. That was a good feat for Kallark because I can't see many guys doing that against Colossus.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
yes he was He was?

Branlor Swift
Even worse than knocked out, he was awkwardly knocked out.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16069935/Cable_and_X-Force_010-019.jpg.html

juggernaut74
Even worse than knocked out, he was awkwardly knocked out.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16069935/Cable_and_X-Force_010-019.jpg.html Did Rogue knock him out while taking his power when he was getting up?

Branlor Swift
That doesn't seem likely

I don't even think her power negatively effects him that much

juggernaut74
Rogue has been known to weaken Colossus when she takes his powers iirc.

Branlor Swift
hasn't he made out with her before

Silent Master
Other than wishful thinking, do you have anything that shows Colossus still being awake after he landed?

-Pr-
hasn't he made out with her before

Yes. Inconsistent writing, as they can't seem to decide which way it should be.

Though most writers don't have a ****ing clue how Colossus' powers work anyway, so there's that.

juggernaut74
hasn't he made out with her before There is only 1 instance where she hasn't effected him and like a dozen where she did. So you decide. It's likely that Rogue finished him off.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why is it likely that Rogue finished Colossus off? Is there some sort of implication that we missed?

Because the dialogue points to Thor ending Colossus.

Silent Master
Why is it likely that Rogue finished Colossus off? Is there some sort of implication that we missed?

Because the dialogue points to Thor ending Colossus.

He's a Colossus fan and the excuse makes Colossus look better.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by juggernaut74
There is only 1 instance where she hasn't effected him and like a dozen where she did. So you decide. It's likely that Rogue finished him off. And she's straight up KO'ed him with a touch before? I'm not saying she can't effect him, just that iirc her power doesn't drastically drain him like other victims.

Yes, it's likely Rogue ended him. Not the two hits from ****ing Mjolnir

carver9
Yes, Rogue has koed Colossus twice to my recollection. I posted one of the times in the ownage thread a couple of yrs back.

juggernaut74
Indeed.

Branlor Swift
With a touch? Scans please.

Although you'd think there'd be some indication that he was feeling her draining effects if he was indeed awake after Thor "didn't" KO him.

juggernaut74
Colossus has to be concious for his powers to work. So he must have been concious for Rogue to take them?

Branlor Swift
Colossus has to be concious for his powers to work. So he must have been concious for Rogue to take them? He's been KO'ed before and stayed in metal form.

In the scan you're telling me that Rogue KO'ed him, he's still in metal form.

juggernaut74
He's been KO'ed before and stayed in metal form.

In the scan you're telling me that Rogue KO'ed him, he's still in metal form. Yea, the writer is definately qualified to write Colossus, I agree.

carver9
IIRC, didn't it happen again during the time Rogue stole his powers to battle Nimrod?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by carver9
IIRC, didn't it happen again during the time Rogue stole his powers to battle Nimrod? yea, he was in quicksand and she tried to help him and accidently touched him, turning him human.

Branlor Swift
Yea, the writer is definately qualified to write Colossus, I agree. No shit. How could that buffoon write Thor needing two hits to KO Colossus?

Should have been a one shot.

juggernaut74
No shit. How could that buffoon write Thor needing two hits to KO Colossus?

Should have been a one shot. The artist isn't much better. Thor switched hand mid-swing on that 2nd hammer strike.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.