DCNU Superman VS Kurse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
DCNU Superman

VS

Kurse

Kal or Kurse?

Sabro
In before a certain guy tries to explain how Superman is a billion times more powerful than Thor and therefore owns the only 4x stronger Kurse.

h1a8
This is DCNu Superman. Think next time Sabro lol.

h1a8
Kal can BFR kurse for the win at least. Also super speed with Iron wouldn't hurt either

Branlor Swift
Kurse smashes Superman badly.

Hellspont repeat

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Kurse smashes Superman badly.

Hellspont repeat

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
This is DCNu Superman. Think next time Sabro lol.

What's that supposed to mean, exactly?

JBL
Kurse stomps.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by JBL
Kurse stomps.

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
What's that supposed to mean, exactly?

It's a joke for Sabro who made a smartass comic about me.

-Pr-
Ah okay.

curryman
Superman is way too smart to lose this lineup.

Kurse can't even fly....

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Sabro
In before a certain guy tries to explain how Superman is a billion times more powerful than Thor and therefore owns the only 4x stronger Kurse.

laughing

curryman
Originally posted by curryman

Kurse can't even fly....

Matchup, not lineup stick out tongue

Blue Area Vet
It's a joke for Sabro who made a smartass comic about me.

LOL, how do you know it's not about you and about one of the 4 other members of the club? angel_not

Blue Area Vet
This one is simple: Superman cannot beat Kurse. Time to lock this one up.

Paul Calf
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet

Not on a battleboard, n-no no he can't. In a comic eventually, he probably would. Might take a few years and story arcs, but eventually Kurse would lose.

carver9

After a good fight. I'm liking this new Superman. A freaking beast.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
After a good fight. I'm liking this new Superman. A freaking beast.

What did he do that impressed you?

carver9
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419747_actioncomics23-1t9l36.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419748_actioncomics23-22lyho.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419749_actioncomics23-3pgz5d.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419750_actioncomics23-476ahl.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419751_actioncomics23-50va1v.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419752_actioncomics23-6r6bzo.jpg

carver9
Its said his suit is completely invulnerable. I guess that showing proves it.

abhilegend
Its said his suit is completely invulnerable. I guess that showing proves it.
Its not. Omega beams ripped it.

Blue Area Vet
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419747_actioncomics23-1t9l36.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419748_actioncomics23-22lyho.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419749_actioncomics23-3pgz5d.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419750_actioncomics23-476ahl.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419751_actioncomics23-50va1v.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16419752_actioncomics23-6r6bzo.jpg

Nice Wonderman-ish showing. Maybe Captain Britain.

abhilegend
Haha.

zopzop

Kurse can't even fly....
Joking aside, if Superman figures out Kurse's weakness, Kurse is dead.

Is Dark Elf weakness vs iron common knowledge?

carver9
Nice Wonderman-ish showing. Maybe Captain Britain.

Lol.

-Pr-
Originally posted by zopzop
Joking aside, if Superman figures out Kurse's weakness, Kurse is dead.

Is Dark Elf weakness vs iron common knowledge?

I don't know. How well known is it in-universe?

zopzop
I don't know. How well known is it in-universe?
I mean it's not like it's some rare strange alien rock from a distant planet (aka Kryptonite) it's part of Norse mythology and iron is common as hell.

abhilegend
Some kids in power pack knew it enough to beat him by depositing him in some iron.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
Some kids in power pack knew it enough to beat him by depositing him in some iron.

Pis

It depends own the environment though...TS didn't specify

the Darkone
If Kurse can beat the combine might of Thor w/ Belt of Strength and Beta Ray Bill he will steam roll Superman something fierce.

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
If Kurse can beat the combine might of Thor w/ Belt of Strength and Beta Ray Bill he will steam roll Superman something fierce. ABC logic much?

Kurse can possibly beat Superman
but Superman can beat Kurse if he uses speed, bfr options, iron weakness, or if Superman operates at that planet benching level.

quanchi112
Kurse stomps.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Pis

It depends own the environment though...TS didn't specify
So someone beating someone with his weakness is PIS? Sweet.

tkitna
Why is the iron weakness even brought up? How in the hell is Superman going to know about it? They fight and Kurse wins. Its that easy.

deathlife
Kurse stomps unfortunately.

ares834
Originally posted by tkitna
Why is the iron weakness even brought up? How in the hell is Superman going to know about it? They fight and Kurse wins. Its that easy.

Probably the same reason why almost everyone knows Superman's weakness to K-nite and red radiation.

wolverinos
yeah i find it funny that in every thread about superman vs someone who can matter manipulate (specially from marvel), people automatically say the other guy will know of supermans weakness to kryptonite.

as for this thread kurse wins, immune to physical damage and 4X stronger than thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by wolverinos
yeah i find it funny that in every thread about superman vs someone who can matter manipulate (specially from marvel), people automatically say the other guy will know of supermans weakness to kryptonite.

as for this thread kurse wins, immune to physical damage and 4X stronger than thor. That is common knowledge whereas this isn't.

h1a8

Kurse can get knocked into some iron from the fight.

But
Superman can beat Kurse if he uses speed, bfr options, iron weakness, or if Superman operates at that planet benching level.

tkitna
Kurse can get knocked into some iron from the fight.

But
Superman can beat Kurse if he uses speed, bfr options, iron weakness, or if Superman operates at that planet benching level.

Yeah, that would have to be a pretty lucky thing to happen. It holds no merit.

The iron weakness would be his only chance and we already established that the chances of that ever coming into play are slim to none. Speed would be a factor though, because if Superman wants to survive in any way, he better use it to to get the hell out of dodge.

Kurse wins and it should be obvious to all.

pym-ftw

as for this thread kurse wins, immune to physical damage and 4X stronger than thor.
You mean Surfer,

Who has cosmic awareness,
And can sence energy,

Yeah them damn Marvelous bastards

dmills
Superman gets tuned up.

ares834
Originally posted by quanchi112
That is common knowledge whereas this isn't.

Where? In the DC universe? In our universe?

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Where? In the DC universe? In our universe? Dc universe.

ODG
Why is the iron weakness even brought up? How in the hell is Superman going to know about it? They fight and Kurse wins. Its that easy. It's a relevant consideration. Say, if DCNU Superman during his childhood was an avid reader of fantasy novels -- and once Kurse was conveniently thrown into a construction site replete with iron and was thrashing about and screaming about his iron weakness multiple times -- then Clark could eventually surmise that Kurse was weak to iron like Lightspeed did.

Depends on the setting. And whether Clark is a LOTR/Harry Potter nerd. By my estimation Clark's quite smart, but he strikes me as being a functional retard when it comes to magic and lore. Like Reed Richards. Except worse.

Nibedicus
I once asked a mod about what the details of the environment would be, the reply was:

"We call it a featureless environment. No people or buildings. Just the ground youre standing on."

So I'm not sure how feasible the "he'll just find Kurse's weakness lying around" line of logic is going to be.

janus77
Originally posted by Nibedicus
I once asked a mod about what the details of the environment would be, the reply was:

"We call it a featureless environment. No people or buildings. Just the ground youre standing on."

So I'm not sure how feasible the "he'll just find Kurse's weakness lying around" line of logic is going to be.
Punch Kurse into the ground ... accidentally strike iron ore? shifty

Branlor Swift
What happens if Kurse punches him into kryptonite? Or if his armor was enchanted by magic or something...

h1a8
Superman still has bfr options and if he operates at anything close to that Earth benching feat then he would smoke Kurse.

quanchi112
I eat poop.

h1a8
I eat poop.
That shit is good.
Good shit Quan.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

wolverinos
I eat poop.

hmm interesting argument there....
but what if poop eats you?
can poop be bfr'd?
what strength class is poop?
too much error in your argument.

Bentley
I eat poop.

We don't... Care?

Maybe he means Thanos has been feeding on feces in some comic I haven't read or something.

Diesldude
I eat poop.

No wonder you're always full of shit.

tkitna
Superman still has bfr options and if he operates at anything close to that Earth benching feat then he would smoke Kurse.

Why do you keep saying this? First how is he going to BRF Kurse? By picking him up and flying away? No. By throwing him? No. Is Superman some kind of mage now with magical powers? No. Just not seeing a BFR.

Earth benching feat. Do you feel this makes Superman more powerful then Kurse? Didnt Thor pickup the midgard serpent once? How heavy was the serpent? I cant remember if he was the equivalent of the earth or maybe half the weight. Anyways, if Kurse if 4X's that strong, do you think the strength of benching the earth would even come into play here? Superman needs to be stronger then that even (about twice that) for that to even be a factor.

Once again like a broken record, Kurse wins.

-Pr-
Genuinely asking: Why can't Superman BFR him?

abhilegend
Because that would make superman win. Its not like Thor has got in an extended slugfest with Kurse and held his own.

Blue Area Vet
Because that would make superman win. Its not like Thor has got in an extended slugfest with Kurse and held his own.

Because that would be taking the pu$$ee way out. And because he couldn't any more than Gladiator couldn't remove Hulk.

tkitna
Genuinely asking: Why can't Superman BFR him?

In what way could he? I'm just curious as to what method would work.

-Pr-
Throwing him far away?

Does Kurse have some sort of "anti-bfr" mojo?

tkitna
Throwing him far away?

I suppose that could happen, but how often does a fight have somebody throwing the other guy away because he knows he can't win in a standard battle? If the very slim chance of that happens, does throwing your opponent away due to the fact you know your going to die any other way, constitute as an actual win? To me, thats just prolonging the inevitable. Why doesnt Superman just throw Darksied and Doomsday away when they fight?

Anyways, if your point is that Superman could just throw Kurse away for a BFR, I guess it is possible, but I dont see it happening, The fact that Kurse wouldnt be able to do anything about it (defending himself against it) is even more mind boggling..

ODG
Does Kurse have some sort of "anti-bfr" mojo? His left and right fists.

-Pr-
I suppose that could happen, but how often does a fight have somebody throwing the other guy away because he knows he can't win in a standard battle? If the very slim chance of that happens, does throwing your opponent away due to the fact you know your going to die any other way, constitute as an actual win? To me, thats just prolonging the inevitable. Why doesnt Superman just throw Darksied and Doomsday away when they fight?

Anyways, if your point is that Superman could just throw Kurse away for a BFR, I guess it is possible, but I dont see it happening, The fact that Kurse wouldnt be able to do anything about it (defending himself against it) is even more mind boggling..

Superman bfr's villains all of the time; he just usually goes with them to continue the fight. I'm not saying that Superman will definitely BFR him, i'm just asking if Kurse has some means to prevent Superman other than his physical strength.

Originally posted by ODG
His left and right fists.

laughing out loud

Hey, I genuinely don't know much if anything about Kurse, so I had to ask.

Blue Area Vet
Throwing him far away?

You mean so that Kurse could rip his arms off?

tkitna
Superman bfr's villains all of the time; he just usually goes with them to continue the fight. I'm not saying that Superman will definitely BFR him, i'm just asking if Kurse has some means to prevent Superman other than his physical strength.

Ok, if BFR by throwing Kurse is a viable option then is everybody agreed that besides an accidental stumbling upon of iron and a cowardly BFR, that Superman gets killed?

End thread.

Diesldude
Superman wins without BFR or Weakness exploitation.

ODG
Ok, if BFR by throwing Kurse is a viable option then is everybody agreed that besides an accidental stumbling upon of iron and a cowardly BFR, that Superman gets killed?

End thread. I agree. sneer

But only reluctantly. uhuh

... biscuits

Branlor Swift

End thread. The funny thing is that Kurse's armor is enchanted by mystical shit.

Overlooking this in favor of some random iron is pretty cute

LordofBrooklyn
Superman's speed is being disregarded here greatly.

ODG
^ I agree. The speed with which Superman can flee hasn't even been mentioned by anyone. Damn lowballers. ahah

ares834
laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by ODG
^ I agree. The speed with which Superman can flee hasn't even been mentioned by anyone. Damn lowballers. ahah

BAH!

You fear the son of Krypton!

abhilegend
Because that would be taking the pu$$ee way out. And because he couldn't any more than Gladiator couldn't remove Hulk.
Yeah, because removing somebody from the battlefield is such a cowardly tactic that nearly everyone from Thor to Hercules to surfer has done it.

Superman isn't that failure gladiator. He has BFRed people like Parasite so quickly that he couldn't even react.

ODG
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
BAH!

You fear the son of Krypton! I fear the awful mess he'll leave when Kurse is through with him.

TheGodKiller
Kurse wins against the Superman who struggles to lift an aircraft carrier.

TheGodKiller
I eat poop.
This is true indeed.

h1a8
Using average characters then Superman can only win through bfr.
Using high end characters then Superman wins straight up.

tkitna
Originally posted by Diesldude
Superman wins without BFR or Weakness exploitation.

Pass the pipe. I want some of what your smoking.

curryman
Originally posted by zopzop
I mean it's not like it's some rare strange alien rock from a distant planet (aka Kryptonite) it's part of Norse mythology and iron is common as hell.

I think Superman already knows just about everything about every mythology and religion on earth. I actually consider it a safe bet that Superman knows a great deal about anything that humans have access to. He's already way past any leading human-mind in most sciences.

Only problem is that Superman doesn't know that Kurse is a black elf, because of the suit that he's stuck in. He doesn't look like anything out of norse mythology. If Superman knows that he's a dark elf however, it's a quick finish smile

They temporarily stopped him, but had no idea that it was because of the Iron.

Later, energizer had to virtually drain mjolnir and stormbreaker of all their energies in a hope to knock him out.

JBL
I think Superman already knows just about everything about every mythology and religion on earth. I actually consider it a safe bet that Superman knows a great deal about anything that humans have access to. He's already way past any leading human-mind in most sciences.

Only problem is that Superman doesn't know that Kurse is a black elf, because of the suit that he's stuck in. He doesn't look like anything out of norse mythology. If Superman knows that he's a dark elf however, it's a quick finish smile

They temporarily stopped him, but had no idea that it was because of the Iron.

Later, energizer had to virtually drain mjolnir and stormbreaker of all their energies in a hope to knock him out. Thor knows that Kurse is a transformed dark elf and all that iron from that building did not stop Kurse. Iron does not work on Kurse like it does on a regular dark elf. Superman does not have thors knowledge on dark elves. Kurse would murder superman anyway.

SevenShackles

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/no/shakes-head-no.gif
That's a mighty assumption that he knows everything about mythology and religion more so with the recent trinity war (part 1) where he had to ask 'pandora?' And needed wonderwoman to explain it to him and then didn't even believe. Nevermind him somehow having knowledge of a species he never met..and if he did research/meet dark elves they will most likely not have the same strengths, weakness and characteristics of marvel dark elves so that knowledge will mostly be useless.

Uriel005
Why is the iron weakness even brought up? How in the hell is Superman going to know about it? They fight and Kurse wins. Its that easy. if he knows what kurse is and knows mythology (not magic btw) then I guess he could know fae have a historical weakness to iron.

Nibedicus
I don't think it's "common knowledge" that Kurse is a dark elf. From the way he looks, you'd be hard pressed to even know what kind of creature he is. Maybe an armored version of "Animal" from the muppets. stick out tongue

carver9
People just don't get it. Where is Superman getting Iron from? There isn't a single item on the battle field. Wait, Superman has matter manipulating abilities, he will conjure up some Iron (WTF). This is a straight up fight...there is no Iron or Kryptonite on the battlefield. With that said, Kurse stomps.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Uriel005
if he knows what kurse is and knows mythology (not magic btw) then I guess he could know fae have a historical weakness to iron.
And Fire
And Holy Items
And...

How does superman even know he's an elf?

LeonBuco666
Kurse re enacts himself snubbing thor our like a cig, but this time supes

wolverinos
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hpa7bv7r8Ps/UDVnafmKuqI/AAAAAAAAP9E/N_Ydm3-dxDY/s1600/pdc_kurse.jpg

LeonBuco666
Uh huh!^

LordofBrooklyn
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hpa7bv7r8Ps/UDVnafmKuqI/AAAAAAAAP9E/N_Ydm3-dxDY/s1600/pdc_kurse.jpg

Superman's invulnerable hair will damage Kurse's foot if he tries that move.

quanchi112
Kurse clearly wins. Superman minus the iron has no shot.

Silent Master
Does DC comics even have any Dark Elves?

ares834
Originally posted by SevenShackles
That's a mighty assumption that he knows everything about mythology and religion more so with the recent trinity war (part 1) where he had to ask 'pandora?' And needed wonderwoman to explain it to him and then didn't even believe. Nevermind him somehow having knowledge of a species he never met..and if he did research/meet dark elves they will most likely not have the same strengths, weakness and characteristics of marvel dark elves so that knowledge will mostly be useless.

Reread the issue. He says, "Pandora? As in the Greek myth?" so he is clearly familiar with it. That said, yes it is a stretch he would know that the fae are weak to iron from myths. Plus it is likely meaningless as there is no iron on the BF.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Uriel005
if he knows what kurse is and knows mythology (not magic btw) then I guess he could know fae have a historical weakness to iron.

Fae? How the hell would he even know that? Kurse doesn't look remotely like anyone else. And Superman is not Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by ares834
Reread the issue. He says, "Pandora? As in the Greek myth?" so he is clearly familiar with it. That said, yes it is a stretch he would know that the fae are weak to iron from myths. Plus it is likely meaningless as there is no iron on the BF.
Ah your right! thumb up I sorta mixed supermans and wonder woman's lines up the last time I read the comic.

curryman
Originally posted by SevenShackles
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/no/shakes-head-no.gif

I'm wrong.

I was locked in pre-dcnu Superman wink

h1a8
Kurse clearly wins. Superman minus the iron has no shot.

BFR options
Also if this is high end Superman then he can just knock him out

HV may work though

Other than that I don't see Superman winning.

In conclusion, Kurse wins unless either of the following happens
1. BFR
2. HV can affect Kurse greatly
3. Superman has high end strength

pym-ftw
laughing out loud

quanchi112
BFR options
Also if this is high end Superman then he can just knock him out

HV may work though

Other than that I don't see Superman winning.

In conclusion, Kurse wins unless either of the following happens
1. BFR
2. HV can affect Kurse greatly
3. Superman has high end strength support your argument. If you can't you are going to hear two infamous words.

h1a8
support your argument. If you can't you are going to hear two infamous words. Kurse can't fly nor is he very fast. Thus has no counter against being bfred. What great heat resisting feats does Kurse have? If none then Superman can do some good damage with HV.
Also this Superman's strength has been shown to be planetary. If Superman operates with anything close to that strength then he would stomp the shit out of Kurse.

quanchi112
Kurse can't fly nor is he very fast. Thus has no counter against being bfred. What great heat resisting feats does Kurse have? If none then Superman can do some good damage with HV.
Also this Superman's strength has been shown to be planetary. If Superman operates with anything close to that strength then he would stomp the shit out of Kurse. Thor's power has hurt Galactus yet he can't beat Kurse. Superman does not routinely bfr or fight in this manner. Superman typically slugs it out with bricks. That is how he fights in character.

Prove it.

h1a8
Thor's power has hurt Galactus yet he can't beat Kurse. Superman does not routinely bfr or fight in this manner. Superman typically slugs it out with bricks. That is how he fights in character.

Prove it. Thor hurting Galactus in one comic has nothing to do with Thor in another comic. The same as Superman tanking a black hole or supernova has nothing to do with Superman getting koed by a gas station. gladiator doesnt always punch with planet destroying force in a comic.

Superman doesn't have to routinely bfr in order to do it. Superman doesn't usually lose and has no need to bfr. If he felt he needed to then he could. Superman always would have that option he can employ at anytime. Doesn't mean he would do it right away.

quanchi112
Thor hurting Galactus in one comic has nothing to do with Thor in another comic. The same as Superman tanking a black hole or supernova has nothing to do with Superman getting koed by a gas station. gladiator doesnt always punch with planet destroying force in a comic.

Superman doesn't have to routinely bfr in order to do it. Superman doesn't usually lose and has no need to bfr. If he felt he needed to then he could. Superman always would have that option he can employ at anytime. Doesn't mean he would do it right away. You just shit all over your own case. They fight in character or else this is just powerset debating and it isn't Superman or Kurse.

smile

h1a8
You just shit all over your own case. They fight in character or else this is just powerset debating and it isn't Superman or Kurse.

smile no I didn't. I never claimed superman would purposely attempt to bfr Kurse right away. He reserves the option in case he needs it later. In other words, either Superman beats the shit out of Kurse or he eventually Bfrs him.

the Darkone
Kurse

quanchi112
no I didn't. I never claimed superman would purposely attempt to bfr Kurse right away. He reserves the option in case he needs it later. In other words, either Superman beats the shit out of Kurse or he eventually Bfrs him. Based on ?

the Darkone
Kurse beats Superman so bad, Superman wishes he was dead!!

carver9
Thor hurting Galactus in one comic has nothing to do with Thor in another comic. The same as Superman tanking a black hole or supernova has nothing to do with Superman getting koed by a gas station. gladiator doesnt always punch with planet destroying force in a comic.

Superman doesn't have to routinely bfr in order to do it. Superman doesn't usually lose and has no need to bfr. If he felt he needed to then he could. Superman always would have that option he can employ at anytime. Doesn't mean he would do it right away.

You don't get to pick and choose where a character power level is at during a fight. Stop negleting one showing and accepting whatever showing you want to accept as fact.

-Pr-
You don't get to pick and choose where a character power level is at during a fight. Stop negleting one showing and accepting whatever showing you want to accept as fact.

You do it all the time.

carver9
no I didn't. I never claimed superman would purposely attempt to bfr Kurse right away. He reserves the option in case he needs it later. In other words, either Superman beats the shit out of Kurse or he eventually Bfrs him.

Pr...

I don't think your post fall under the 15 minute rule for editing like ours. Look like you made a mistake and quoted the wrong person...you meant to quote this guy.

Just letting you know so that you can edited your post.

-Pr-
Pr...

I don't think your post fall under the 15 minute rule for editing like ours. Look like you made a mistake and quoted the wrong person...you meant to quote this guy.

Just letting you know so that you can edited your post.

Don't push it, carter.

And no, mods have no limit on editing posts.

I could even edit yours if I wanted.

abhilegend
Do it pr. Be the heel mod carver deserves, not the heel mod he needs.

sneer

h1a8

Of course we do, otherwise why even mention a comic fight or feat? What relevance is mentioning X going toe to toe with Y if you are not assuming a power level?

Bottomline: In comics, character's power levels fluctuate. Yet some assume in every showing that the character's power level is always the same.

Now again, either Superman beats the shit out of Kurse (if he has his high end strength here) or he eventually bfrs him. Easy logic.

carver9
Of course we do, otherwise why even mention a comic fight or feat? What relevance is mentioning X going toe to toe with Y if you are not assuming a power level?

Bottomline: In comics, character's power levels fluctuate. Yet some assume in every showing that the character's power level is always the same.

Now again, either Superman beats the shit out of Kurse (if he has his high end strength here) or he eventually bfrs him. Easy logic.

We go by average showings, not "pick and choose whatever you want" showings. You tend to dismiss whatever ft you want while applying calculation to a character to make him look more impressive (lol). If you can't accept all for one character, then don't do it for the other.

h1a8
We go by average showings, not "pick and choose whatever you want" showings. You tend to dismiss whatever ft you want while applying calculation to a character to make him look more impressive (lol). If you can't accept all for one character, then don't do it for the other. Carv you know you changed the subject right? you know there is a difference between forum power level and comic power level. Our argument is about comic power level (not forum ones).

For example, you can't say Gladiator was operating at planet busting level in his fight with Colossus.

carver9
Carv you know you changed the subject right? you know there is a difference between forum power level and comic power level. Our argument is about comic power level (not forum ones).

For example, you can't say Gladiator was operating at planet busting level in his fight with Colossus.

Why would I think he was going at planet busting levels against Colossus when we know he was holding back?

I'm not changing the subject, I want you to stop ignoring showings from one character while accepting nothing but highs from the other. You bringing up Kurse loss doesn't help against Clark lows since his is MUCH worse.

That's like me saying "since Batman amped off Bane venom busted Superman lip, a punch from Kurse would take his head clean off".

Going by average portrayal from both characters, Kurse stomps.

h1a8
Why would I think he was going at planet busting levels against Colossus when we know he was holding back?

I'm not changing the subject, I want you to stop ignoring showings from one character while accepting nothing but highs from the other. You bringing up Kurse loss doesn't help against Clark lows since his is MUCH worse.

That's like me saying "since Batman amped off Bane venom busted Superman lip, a punch from Kurse would take his head clean off".

Going by average portrayal from both characters, Kurse stomps. lol you lost it. You are confusing me with someone else.

I'll repost the conversation to get you up to speed:
Quan posted this

Thor's power has hurt Galactus yet he can't beat Kurse. Superman does not routinely bfr or fight in this manner. Superman typically slugs it out with bricks. That is how he fights in character.

Prove it.

I posted this to show that Thor hurting Galactus in one comic doesn't mean he is at the same power level in another comic (Kurse comic)

You then chimed in (without understanding me and Quan's debate) with

So when you said, "...during a fight." You mean a forum fight. But me and Quan was talking about fights that happen in comics (not a forum fight).

Again, either Superman beats him up or he bfr him (if he can't beat him up). Either way Superman wins.

the Darkone
Kurse stomps

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Kurse stomps

Superman has strength, speed, hv, and freeze breath
He either beats Kurse up or bfr him

You know bfr is a win right?

Branlor Swift
Why would I think he was going at planet busting levels against Colossus when we know he was holding back? Didn't Gladiator destroy the planet like an issue before he fought Gladiator, or in the same arc?

Mindset
Didn't Gladiator destroy the planet like an issue before he fought Gladiator, or in the same arc? Gladiator didn't fight himself, you big dumb oaf.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Mindset
Gladiator didn't fight himself, you big dumb oaf. He pretty much did. Colossus was the ultimate Gladiator at that point in time. 3 times as strong as Superman.

Igniz
Kurse wins

carver9
Didn't Gladiator destroy the planet like an issue before he fought Gladiator, or in the same arc?

Yeah. confused

Around that time, he also survived a solar system destroying blast. Swam through a gas giant and moved 100 times the speed of light.

Don Corleone
Kurse can't fly nor is he very fast. Thus has no counter against being bfred. What great heat resisting feats does Kurse have? If none then Superman can do some good damage with HV.
Also this Superman's strength has been shown to be planetary. If Superman operates with anything close to that strength then he would stomp the shit out of Kurse.

Yet Kurse has handled the hammer brothers simultaneously .

h1a8
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Yet Kurse has handled the hammer brothers simultaneously .

The hammer brothers didn't use high end Superman level strength or speed or try to bfr him.

Again, Superman either beats him down or bfr him if he can't.

Don Corleone
The hammer brothers didn't use high end Superman level strength or speed or try to bfr him.

Again, Superman either beats him down or bfr him if he can't.

Yeah, you're right I think Thor was using 30 % and Bill was using 54 % of their capabilities.

h1a8
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Yeah, you're right I think Thor was using LESS THAN 30 % and Bill was using LESS THAN 54 % of their FULL capabilities and HIGH END FEATS power level. I corrected your post slightly.

Same as with Gladiator. He's didn't hit Colossus with 1% of his planet busting power. Otherwise, Colossus would have been killed instantly or the planet in which they fought on rocked.

Superman getting koed by gas station proves that he wasn't operating at 1% of his top power either.

The Sorrow
Same as with Gladiator. He's didn't hit Colossus with 1% of his planet busting power. Otherwise, Colossus would have been killed instantly or the planet in which they fought on rocked.

Superman getting koed by gas station proves that he wasn't operating at 1% of his top power either.
Was Gladiator even a confirmed planet buster at this point? If this is the fight from the DP saga that was his 1st appearance (arc) iirc. He was even ko'd by Corsair of the Starjammers.

h1a8
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Was Gladiator even a confirmed planet buster at this point? If this is the fight from the DP saga that was his 1st appearance (arc) iirc. He was even ko'd by Corsair of the Starjammers.

Gladiator's creation was intended to be that of a Superman clone. Meaning, the fight was created for fans to see how a fight of Colossus vs. Superman would go down.

But canon is canon right? Gladiator did bust that planet. But he didn't hit Colossus or anyone afterward with 1% of that power.

carver9
He wasn't serious during that fight either.

h1a8
He wasn't serious during that fight either.

He also wasn't serious during almost every fight after the planet busting feat either. Maybe he is more like Superman than we think (holds back out of fear of killing)...

Nawww!

The Sorrow
Gladiator's creation was intended to be that of a Superman clone. Meaning, the fight was created for fans to see how a fight of Colossus vs. Superman would go down.

But canon is canon right? Gladiator did bust that planet. But he didn't hit Colossus or anyone afterward with 1% of that power.
Thor was created to be stronger than Hulk yet was never shown to be on panel, unless Gladiator actually showed planet destroying strength at that point it was just two strong bricks going at it, so your example falls flat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was John Bryne who revamped Gladiator and established him as an elite brick capable of operating on a planetary scale.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
It was John Bryne who revamped Gladiator and established him as an elite brick capable of operating on a planetary scale.
thumb up
H1 is wrong as usual.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's been a while since I've checked the dates but John Bryne wrote him as a homage to Pre-Crisis Superman in 1982. Although he and the Guard were based on the Legion. Gladiator was created as a Superboy tribute.

Fun fact, all of Gladiator's lowest showings were written by Claremont such as the fight with Colossus, Jahf beating his ass and Corsair one shotting him with his pistol (Pre-Bryne). As a matter of fact, even years later, he had Gladiator knocked out by Gambit's deck of cards.

Kind of weird now that I think about it. I wonder how Claremont felt Gladiator stacked up to elite strong men like Thor/Hulk. Would he have portrayed him as a peer or an underdog like Colossus?

abhilegend
Gladiator is a homage to Mon-El actually.

JBL
Gladiator is a homage to Mon-El actually. KAL-LARK is a combo of clark and kal-el. Not Mon-EL.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
KAL-LARK is a combo of clark and kal-el. Not Mon-EL.
His name was revealed much later. His costume is designed on Mon-El's costume.

h1a8
Thor was created to be stronger than Hulk yet was never shown to be on panel, unless Gladiator actually showed planet destroying strength at that point it was just two strong bricks going at it, so your example falls flat. LOL, I didn't claim Gladiator was created to have planetary busting strength. I said he was claimed to be Superman's clone and equal. This is a fact. The writer wanted the fans to see Superman fight Colossus, nothing more.

Now the fact that Gladiator busted a planet with his fists shows that he was capable of that type of power. It is all canon so it counts towards their history. So again, Gladiator didn't hit Colossus or even anyone after the feat with planetary destroying force.

Continuity is continuity. There is no such thing as pre retcon Gladiator.

Rage.Of.Olympus
LOL, I didn't claim Gladiator was created to have planetary busting strength. I said he was claimed to be Superman's clone and equal. This is a fact. The writer wanted the fans to see Superman fight Colossus, nothing more.

Lol.

It's a fact now is it? Can you back it up with evidence that Claremont intended Gladiator to be Superman's clone and equal?

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

It's a fact now is it? Can you back it up with evidence that Claremont intended Gladiator to be Superman's clone and equal?
It's common sense. Gladiator had the exact main power set as Superman.
You a writer, who are not allowed to have Superman in Marvel, want fans to see how a fight would go between a very popular strong metal character and the actual Man of Steel. So you create a Superman clone to achieve this.

Colossus has fought Hulk and won for crying out loud. So why would it be far fetched if he tangled with Superman and loss?

jitay
bump

-Pr-
What does Gladiator have to do with this thread?

quanchi112
lol you lost it. You are confusing me with someone else.

I'll repost the conversation to get you up to speed:
Quan posted this

I posted this to show that Thor hurting Galactus in one comic doesn't mean he is at the same power level in another comic (Kurse comic)

You then chimed in (without understanding me and Quan's debate) with

So when you said, "...during a fight." You mean a forum fight. But me and Quan was talking about fights that happen in comics (not a forum fight).

Again, either Superman beats him up or he bfr him (if he can't beat him up). Either way Superman wins. Kurse is beyond Thor though strength wise which isn't the case for Superman. Not at all.

h1a8
Kurse is beyond Thor though strength wise which isn't the case for Superman. Not at all. Although I believe and have good evidence that Superman is still stronger than Kurse it's irrelevant. Superman has many ways to win. HV keep away tactics, speed blitz, bfr, etc.

carver9

Yeah, during his fight against Colossus, he brought up him casually destroying planets.

quanchi112
Although I believe and have good evidence that Superman is still stronger than Kurse it's irrelevant. Superman has many ways to win. HV keep away tactics, speed blitz, bfr, etc. Scans to demonstrate how you believe he wins.

ODG
What does Gladiator have to do with this thread? Everything, -Pr-. Everything. uhuh

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>