Red Betty vs She-Hulk & Ms. Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
No Whoopi Goldberg amp for Red.

How goes this?

Branlor Swift
Hasn't She-Hulk beaten her by herself?

janus77
Not seen a fight between them yet. Nothing happened in RSH's comics, can't recall any other fights either.

Branlor Swift
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Hulk24011.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Hulk24012.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Hulk24013.jpg

janus77
Yes, forgot about that bit, but nothing of consequence happened there.

A proper fight with RSH would definitely leave She-Hulk in traction.

Galan007
Nothing of consequence? It looked to me like Jen momentarily KO'd her.

Branlor Swift
laughing out loud

janus77
Originally posted by Galan007
Nothing of consequence? It looked to me like Jen momentarily KO'd her.
Your eyes are selective, check the next scan where they're at each other, in the background.

Galan007
Look at the last 2 panels of the final scan in Bran's post. Betty is on the ground with Jen standing over her. srsly

janus77
Yes and she's still conscious, unless she's calling out to Bruce in her dream?

Galan007
Jen strikes Betty the final time in the first panel of the page. Betty still appears to be KO'd in the second-to-last panel of that page, and only regains consciousness in the very last panel(hence her 'fuzzy' speech bubble.)

If Jen alone can briefly KO RSH with a few strikes, Jen+Ms. Marv should logically beat the bejesus out of her.

janus77
She wasn't KO'd so, and from the first punch that was shown, the next scan was them tussling in the background.

All you have is RSH on the floor and then calling out as Hulk leaps off to attend to Rulk.

Galan007
Yes, because when a character is on the ground not moving/talking at all for an entire page, and can only muster enough strength to utter a single word(written in a fuzzy speech bubble) in the very last panel of said page, it never means that character was briefly KO'd in the comic-world, right?

http://i.imgur.com/1sFUkr3.jpg

Not only was she down long enough for Hulk to monologue a bit, but Hulk even told Jen to stop hitting her, lol.

Either way, Jen alone was most certainly superior to RSH in their scuffle. Jen+Ms. Marv would own her spitefully.

janus77
Entire page? It's a panel and it's not animation, so what do you expect?

She's even talking right there, in the next panel!

SevenShackles
This seems like a stomp in team she-hulk favor.. Unless Betty has an upgrade.

Galan007
Originally posted by janus77

She's even talking right there, in the next panel! She was briefly KO'd. Even if you want to ignore something so blatantly depicted, the fact remains that Jen alone was still very much superior to RSH-- thus Jen+Ms. Marv would logically stomp living crap out of her.

bluewaterrider
This would depend on how serious Betty was about winning.

For starters, if she really wanted, she could simply drain gamma energy from Jen and revert her back to human, same as Bets did to her dad earlier ...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14085206

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by janus77

She's even talking right there, in the next panel!

She was out, dude. Accept it.

bluewaterrider
I am not Janus and I accept that, whatever happened in that story, Red She-Hulk got temporarily knocked out.

However, I, like, presumably, Janus, would like to know exactly what happened in that story.

For, based on her record outside of that fight, there is nothing to tell me that Jen alone can contend with Betty if Betty is serious about winning, and relatively little to tell me Jen would have better than a 50% chance with the help of Carol Danvers, either.

The track records of all 3 characters are inconsistent.

However, based on what I've seen to date, Betty is a lot less inconsistent than Jen, and, to judge from recent events in her own magazine, is able to accomplish her missions almost without regard to anything Carol does.

To wit:

Jen She Hulk takes on Red Hulk. Jen She Hulk loses. Badly. She admits to herself that Red Hulk could have taken her anytime he wanted.
She allies herself with several other powerful friends, including Susan Storm and Thundra, before she feels comfortable enough to tackle him again.

Betty? Betty fares reasonably well against Red Hulk 1st go around.
2nd round she absorbs enough excess gamma energy to revert him back to his civilian identity. Unlike Rulk, there's nothing to suggest she ever lost this ability.
If such, like her father, means that Betty can ADD to her own strength ... ?
Carol's in for the fight of her life, and, more than likely, a fight Carol loses.

carver9
Lol...I guess people forgot, the madder RSH got, the stronger she got. After that fight, a couple of issues after, RSH became extremely powerful, powerful to the point where she was able to temporarily hang with Nul.

RSH wins this.

Branlor Swift
But I thought Nul wasn't powered up, and also not at WWH levels?

Where's the feat Carver?

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
But I thought Nul wasn't powered up, and also not at WWH levels?

Where's the feat Carver?

When did I say Nul was powered up? I said she had an alright showing against Nul. Even if he was or wasn't powered up, its still a good showing.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
When did I say Nul was powered up? I said she had an alright showing against Nul. Even if he was or wasn't powered up, its still a good showing. When was this?

h1a8
Jen strikes Betty the final time in the first panel of the page. Betty still appears to be KO'd in the second-to-last panel of that page, and only regains consciousness in the very last panel(hence her 'fuzzy' speech bubble.)

If Jen alone can briefly KO RSH with a few strikes, Jen+Ms. Marv should logically beat the bejesus out of her. We look at history though. One fight doesn't mean anything. I say Betty is much stronger but Jen is a better fighter.

carver9
When was this?

Defenders #3

Its a brief tussle. They charge each other, RSH punch him in the face staggering him and Nul bites her. She then gets up to fight him again with the defenders backing her up.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
Defenders #3

Its a brief tussle. They charge each other, RSH punch him in the face staggering him and Nul bites her. She then gets up to fight him again with the defenders backing her up. Ah yes.

Betty punched Nul a few times, then Nul bit her in the arm. Then Namor came up and subdued Nul with a rear-naked choke, while Danny punched him in the heart. etc. etc.

Still a decent showing for Betty, I guess.

carver9
Ah yes.

Betty punched Nul a few times, then Nul bit her in the arm. Then Namor came up and subdued Nul with a rear-naked choke, while Danny punched him in the heart. etc. etc.

Still a decent showing for Betty, I guess.

Has to be considering what Nul did after that with a punch to a reality warping device.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.