In totality-Are the Avengers more powerful than the Justice League!!??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Currently...

Avengers Now!!
Justice League N52

Every existing member of both current teams are front and center..
Seems like the Avengers have surpassed the League it seems to me anyway..

I'm I wrong?

I know old school class team of the Avengers and the Justice League big 7 , the League was usually that more powerful of the 2...

But now, have the scale, landscape of the way we looked at them 2 team is about to change, no?

Badabing
I closed this originally because it was a question thread and had too many characters. It was brought to my attention that I closed it before anybody responded. I'll leave this thread open for a day.

Digi
Originally posted by Supermex
Currently...

Avengers Now!!
Justice League N52

I'm I wrong?

I know old school class team of the Avengers and the Justice League big 7 , the League was usually that more powerful of the 2...

But now, have the scale, landscape of the way we looked at them 2 team is about to change, no?

What Bada said is true. You're talking about hundreds of characters. There's no way to be sure either way.

Unless we're talking strictly DCnU, in which case the answer is self-evident.

Supermex
Thanks Bada..

Yes I was talking strictly Dcnu Justice League Team
and the Avengers Now Rosters..

There's the
Avengers main team
Uncanny Avengers
Ilumanti Avengers Team
Secret Avengers
Mighty Avengers.. Luke Cage's New team in september
I think thats it right?

janus77
Too many Avengers rosters nowadays. They need to thin their numbers.

Stand them all in a line, let Hulk go and punch each one in the face (once, no point killing them). Whoever retains consciousness stays an Avenger, the rest go join Guardians of The Galaxy.

Golgo13
Thanks Bada..

Yes I was talking strictly Dcnu Justice League Team
and the Avengers Now Rosters..

There's the
Avengers main team
Uncanny Avengers
Ilumanti Avengers Team
Secret Avengers
Mighty Avengers.. Luke Cage's New team in september
I think thats it right?

So the jla and justice league dark?

beatboks
Obviously Avengers overall has a LOT more members and is therefore more powerful that JL in the DCNu

Golgo13
Jla
Jl
Jld
Jli
And soon to be jl 3000

Both teams have a lot of members.rE

Based
Justice League International got canned..
JLD really doesn't have a power house and JLA only has the Martian. I think the Teen Titans are actually better than both of the wannabe JLs but I digress.

Avengers still outnumber the JLs by quite a few..

Golgo13
Yeah, but both jl and jld has had s bunch of reserves. Andrew, deamp thing, black lightning, blue devil, etc...

Sixth_Winged
More powerful but all of them together gets punch 100000x the speed of light before captain america can say any coherent word.

In all seriousness, mn avengers got the superior numbers and seemingly more heroes leaning to the side of cosmics. They tip the balance for now.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
More powerful but all of them together gets punch 100000x the speed of light before captain america can say any coherent word.

In all seriousness, mn avengers got the superior numbers and seemingly more heroes leaning to the side of cosmics. They tip the balance for now.

If we count the past JL teams from the DCnU, it's about even from what I have seen of Marvel NOW. Cyborg just called upon a bunch of reserves in the Atlantis arc.

ODG
^ About even? I assume we're comparing the Avengers World roster to the expanded current Justice League roster.

But even then, it took the entire 1st expansion Avengers roster just to knock Starbrand over. When he was holding back. And Starbrand wasn't even hurt. And this is all before he began controlling and refining his power(s) aboard Sol's Hammer.

With Starbrand's recruitment as part of the 2nd expansion wave, along with Nightmask, Ex Nihilo and Abyss, I don't think this is even close.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
^ About even? I assume we're comparing the Avengers World roster to the expanded current Justice League roster.

But even then, it took the entire 1st expansion Avengers roster just to knock Starbrand over. When he was holding back. And Starbrand wasn't even hurt. And this is all before he began controlling and refining his power(s) aboard Sol's Hammer.

With Starbrand's recruitment as part of the 2nd expansion wave, along with Nightmask, Ex Nihilo and Abyss, I don't think this is even close.

Yeah, I wasn't counting them. Hasn't Phantom Stranger and Question been working with the JLD/JLA? stick out tongue

Golgo13
Ok, since the OP was using the splinter teams, I'll list the ones for the Justice League franchise that has appeared since the DCnU began.

JLA/JL:
Superman
Green Lantern (Hal)
Flash (Barry)
Aquaman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Cyborg
Martian Manhunter
Arthur Light
Billy Batson
Black Canary
Black Lightning
Blue Devil
Catwoman
Elemental Woman
Firestorm (Jason/Ronnie)
Green Arrow
Hawkman
Katana
Atom (Rhonda)
Green Lantern (Simon)
Stargirl
Steve Trevor
Vibe

The Justice League is also backed up by ARGUS, which houses a shit load of mystic and technological artifacts. And soon to be located in the 4th World, with New God tech.

Justice League Dark:
Amethyst
Andrew Bennett
Black Orchid
Deadman
Doctor Mist
Enchantress
Frankenstein
John Constantine
Madame Xanadu
Mindwarp
Shade
Swamp Thing
Tim Hunter
Zatanna

And if you want to include the last splinter team, Justice League International.
August General In Iron
Batwing
Godiva
Guy Gardner
OMAC/Brother Eye
Olympian
Rocket Red
Vixen

bluewaterrider
Avengers.

Unless Wondy enters her "ultra" mode.

In which case, still Avengers, but now it's an event-level fight.

pym-ftw
Probably.

LeonBuco666
I want to say avengers, but im gonna say justice league due to the fact that DC, their characters have always been typically more powerful, and marvel have always had more relate-able characters imo, both brilliant tho

deathlife
At the moment, Avengers.

Starbrand, Ex-Nihilo, Captain Universe tip the balance IMO.

Golgo13
Originally posted by deathlife
At the moment, Avengers.

Starbrand, Ex-Nihilo, Captain Universe tip the balance IMO.

Not enough feats for Universe or Nihlio.

TheGodKiller
On average: JLA.

Best vs Best: Avengers.

Golgo13
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
On average: JLA.

Best vs Best: Avengers.

I can agree with that. DCnU is still fairly new, after all. thumb up

Kstanz
Not even close, the JL is much more powerful and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot

Uriel005
Currently...

Avengers Now!!
Justice League N52

I'm I wrong?

But now, have the scale, landscape of the way we looked at them 2 team is about to change, no? are we giving constantine time for his douchebaggery.

pym-ftw
Both just the flagship teams?

Avengers currently

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Kstanz
Not even close, the JL is much more powerful and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot

You know this is just DCnU Justice League right?

Golgo13
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You know this is just DCnU Justice League right?

Kind of unfair when the OP includes the splinter teams and the League doesn't get theirs.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Golgo13
Kind of unfair when the OP includes the splinter teams and the League doesn't get theirs.

You mean to tell me you take issue with an unbalanced thread? That's ironic considering the back catalog of onesided spite threads you've created. evil face

As though including the Justice League splinter teams matters, anyway. It's still DCnU only, and there is a vast power, history and feat discrepancy between the two continuities at this point.

Golgo13
You mean to tell me you take issue with an unbalanced thread? That's ironic considering the back catalog of onesided spite threads you've created. evil face

As though including the Justice League splinter teams matters, anyway. It's still DCnU only, and there is a vast power, history and feat discrepancy between the two continuities at this point.

Like I said, I can't help it if DC is generally more powerful. There will always be a winner and a loser. evil face

srankmissingnin
Like I said, I can't help it if DC is generally more powerful. There will always be a winner and a loser. evil face

Well, you could give your thread creation some thought and consideration before you concoct your one sided monstrosities?

Golgo13
Well, you could give your thread creation some thought and consideration before you concoct your one sided monstrosities?

They're not one-sided. I've always asked for reasoning and most of the time people just stamp DC wins, because DC is more powerful. I tend not to overrate DC like some people. stick out tongue

pym-ftw
laughing out loud

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
laughing out loud

You're one of the posters who I have asked in the past.

pym-ftw
I was laughing at how this thread has devolved into nothing.

That said there are far more biased posters than you, and I always appreciate threads with b-c list characters.

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I was laughing at how this thread has devolved into nothing.

That said there are far more biased posters than you, and I always appreciate threads with b-c list characters.

YES! Someone finally appreciates me and my obscure characters! eek! Soooo tired of debating about Thor or Superman.

Stoic
YES! Someone finally appreciates me and my obscure characters! eek! Soooo tired of debating about Thor or Superman.

Damn man I think you've caught that.. cough.. denial bug that's been going around.

Golgo13
If Constantine gets his wish, Phantom Stranger will be joining Justice League Dark, along with Zauriel and Nightmare Nurse.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/JLD_zps57f55101.jpg

JayDaDon
Isn't this just the Avengers as in the 10-15 members of the main avengers lineup against the main lineup of just the JL? No JLI, Dark or other teams? If that's the case then yes, Avengers are packing way more power right now.

Golgo13
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Isn't this just the Avengers as in the 10-15 members of the main avengers lineup against the main lineup of just the JL? No JLI, Dark or other teams? If that's the case then yes, Avengers are packing way more power right now.

The OP included the splinter teams and in the wake of Forever Evil, new Justice League teams are forming like the one I posted above. Phantom Stranger (if indeed he is drafted in the JLD) tips the scales, IMO.

celeyhyga17
Too many Avengers.
Avengers
New Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Secret Avengers
Mighty Avengers

Sure some members overlap, but that's not even counting those young avengers teams.. It's a clusterfurukk...

Golgo13
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Too many Avengers.
Avengers
New Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Secret Avengers
Mighty Avengers

Sure some members overlap, but that's not even counting those young avengers teams.. It's a clusterfurukk...

I've done a break down and it's pretty even if you include ALL the members that Cyborg drafted in the Atlantis war. And we're basically getting a new Justice League Dark team along with Luthor's.

Nothing in the current Avengers team that can stand up to Phantom Stranger or Swamp Thing in his prime.

pym-ftw
Avengers A.I.....
embarrasment

celeyhyga17
I've done a break down and it's pretty even if you include ALL the members that Cyborg drafted in the Atlantis war. And we're basically getting a new Justice League Dark team along with Luthor's.

Nothing in the current Avengers team that can stand up to Phantom Stranger or Swamp Thing in his prime.
JL prolly has the edge on the magic dept, but Avengers have a shietload of muscle...

Golgo13
I forgot about the most dangerous heroes in existence. Justice League CANADA! YAY Lemire.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/JLC_zpsb2e07fce.jpg

And the FUTURE! Justice League 3000
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/JL3000_zpsbc807899.jpg

Golgo13
JL prolly has the edge on the magic dept, but Avengers have a shietload of muscle...

Probably? That's a big thing with the DCnU these days is magic, magic, magic. Avengers best bet against the likes of DCNU's top mystic members is Starbrand, Ex Nihilo, or Thor.

celeyhyga17
Probably? That's a big thing with the DCnU these days is magic, magic, magic. Avengers best bet against the likes of DCNU's top mystic members is Starbrand, Ex Nihilo, or Thor.
Ure forgetting Dr. Strange and Wanda.

Golgo13
Ure forgetting Dr. Strange and Wanda.

Without prep, I wouldn't give Strange over the likes of Phantom Stranger who wrestled with the Spectre. And according to GOD could have destroyed all of creation.

Let's see how powerful Zauriel is, but so far it seems he can provide a lot of mystic muscle seeing he's a friggen angel from heaven and one of God's top servants.

Tony Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic)

3/4 of the JLA that you just listed have less feats...

zopzop
Or Starbrand.

Remember Ellis/Hickman retconned away it's entire history prior to New Universal! sad

Golgo13
Originally posted by zopzop
Or Starbrand.

Remember Ellis/Hickman retconned away it's entire history prior to New Universal! sad

Stranger turns the tides, yes?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by zopzop
Or Starbrand.

Remember Ellis/Hickman retconned away it's entire history prior to New Universal! sad Still potential to take out a Celestial if this Starbrand keeps doing stuff.

Also, what's with all these possible future teams that haven't happened yet? Every Death Celestial joins the Avengers in about... the future. The Avengers win easily.

Golgo13
Celestials are cosmic hand ninjas. shifty

Branlor Swift
Celestials are cosmic hand ninjas. shifty And Spectre is a magic Rhino

pym-ftw
Future Avengers Academy are a thing in that case....

Golgo13
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
And Spectre is a magic Rhino

Not in the DCnU. At least so far. Anyway, Avengers is going to have a future team with Cage or has already came out, not sure. Justice League will also have a few and it will be interesting who the lineups will be.

Supermex
No future team plz.. They haven't happened yet..

Only current Jl team and members in the current DCnu and Avengers in Marvel now current time..

Avengers A.I are included

ODG

Nothing in the current Avengers team that can stand up to Phantom Stranger or Swamp Thing in his prime. I wasn't aware Phantom Stranger or Swamp Thing had anything to do with the Justice Leagues.

Golgo13
St was already a member and ps will be in december.

ODG
^ When was Swamp Thing a member of the Justice League?

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG

Justice league dark. He was a satellite member just like andtew bennett.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
Justice league dark. He was a satellite member just like andtew bennett.
If your're talking about JLD #'s 19 and 20 he was temporarily summoned by Constantine. I don't think he was officially part of the group. Is there something I'm missing?

Golgo13
If your're talking about JLD #'s 19 and 20 he was temporarily summoned by Constantine. I don't think he was officially part of the group. Is there something I'm missing?

Yes thats what i mean. The words satellite members is lemires words not mine. And he looks like he will be joining again

celeyhyga17
Yes thats what i mean. The words satellite members is lemires words not mine. And he looks like he will be joining again
He was summoned against his will iirc.
Pretty sure only reason why he helped was Frankenstein vouched for Constantine.

Branlor Swift
So the list is open to anyone that's ever helped out the team or splinter teams?

So how bout that every character in Marvel fighting Thanos in The End? Pretty good Avengers lineup I'd say

Golgo13
He was summoned against his will iirc.

True, but thats like,half the team. Jld isnt a traditional super hero team.

psycho gundam
So the list is open to anyone that's ever helped out the team or splinter teams?

So how bout that every character in Marvel fighting Thanos in The End? Pretty good Avengers lineup I'd say I can't comment on the accuracy of this jab cause prep-man will say I'm picking on him again

Golgo13
Unless they were statrd to be members in any way then they are game.

Golgo13
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I can't comment on the accuracy of this jab cause prep-man will say I'm picking on him again

Thats all you do.

Supermex
Unless they were statrd to be members in any way then they are game.

Yep have to be stated members

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I can't comment on the accuracy of this jab cause prep-man will say I'm picking on him again Why don't you tell him to prep for your attacks?

Or at the very least to prep his tongue to lick your butt?

Golgo13
Yep have to be stated members

There ya have it.

Golgo13
Why don't you tell him to prep for your attacks?

Or at the very least to prep his tongue to lick your butt? f

Lets keep it G.

BullwinkleMoose
Do the Great Lakes Avengers with Squirrel Girl count or just the Regular Avengers members?

Supermex
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
Do the Great Lakes Avengers with Squirrel Girl count or just the Regular Avengers members?

I don't think in Marvel Now

Supermex
What feats do JLD have in DCNU 52?

maxivitopowe
JL 3000 look cool

And has Spidey already done his team yet

Also what happened to the Avengers Academy students cos I wanted to see what happened with Hazmat

Warlord
ridiculously powerful people aside (captainn universe) avengers seem to pack too many heavy hitters currently:

Thor
Hyperion
Hulk
Blue Marvel (mighty avengers)
Dr Strange
Starbrand
Nightmask
Ex Nihlo
Abyss
Ms Marvel seamingly in Binary levels in the next avengers book
etc

by the way what kind of retcon did starbrand have and in which book?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Warlord
ridiculously powerful people aside (captainn universe) avengers seem to pack too many heavy hitters currently:

Thor
Hyperion
Hulk
Blue Marvel (mighty avengers)
Dr Strange
Starbrand
Nightmask
Ex Nihlo
Abyss
Ms Marvel seamingly in Binary levels in the next avengers book
etc

by the way what kind of retcon did starbrand have and in which book?

Some of those don't have enough feats to compete. JL teams have some heavy hitters including

Superman
GL
Swampy
Stranger
Deadman
Martian Manhunter
OMAC
Wonder Woman (Who is also the God of War now)
Frankenstein
etc...

Warlord
only memebers with no feats yet are ex nihlo and abyss and they wer both giving avengers a fight when they were first introduced and you keep using characters that are not official members yet

Golgo13
only memebers with no feats yet are ex nihlo and abyss and they wer both giving avengers a fight when they were first introduced and you keep using characters that are not official members yet

The only member that I'm using that's not a member yet is Stranger. Everyone else has been a member at one point in the DCnU. And I will bumb this thread once JL Canada and the new team of Justice League Dark comes out in a couple months, which isn't far off. stick out tongue

Bentley
The only thing the Avengers have going on for them is Reed with prep.

Warlord
Well he's the most powerful of the lot. Let's see if he's going to use this power unlike his pre DCnU incarnation. PS never made a great vs forum material.
In any case I should also add Monica Rambeau (one of my favorite characters - happy to have her back) and Scarlet Witch in the list.
I am not really a fan of what Marvel is doing right now (making every active hero an Avenger) but still...

Warlord
Originally posted by Bentley
The only thing the Avengers have going on for them is Reed with prep.

are illuminati considered avengers?
the only thing avengers have going on for them is Kang. he will blast JLA so he can finish Avengers on his own

Golgo13
Well he's the most powerful of the lot. Let's see if he's going to use this power unlike his pre DCnU incarnation. PS never made a great vs forum material.
In any case I should also add Monica Rambeau (one of my favorite characters - happy to have her back) and Scarlet Witch in the list.
I am not really a fan of what Marvel is doing right now (making every active hero an Avenger) but still...

He already has. He has his own series now and his best feat is probably going toe to toe with the Spectre. God I believe said that if the fight were to rage on, it would have destroyed all of creation. AKA the omniverse.

Warlord
promissing... let's see. although this kind of characcters rarely work in a team. See captain universe

Golgo13
promissing... let's see. although this kind of characcters rarely work in a team. See captain universe

Can't argue with that. If the lineup reflects the pic above the team shouldn't lose one battle. Swamp Thing, Stranger, and Zauriel? Team shouldn't loose a battle, but they are fighting the embodiment of evil itself.

Warlord
is Zauriel more powerful than pre dcnu?
I always liked him but he wasn't high herald level back then

Golgo13
is Zauriel more powerful than pre dcnu?
I always liked him but he wasn't high herald level back then

Unknown, but he's one of God's top servants I believe.

DarkSaint85
I think he is one of those I can do anything but only if God wills it type characters.

So in some stories he will have the power to erase the PS, in other's a mugger with a brick will knock him out.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I think he is one of those I can do anything but only if God wills it type characters.

So in some stories he will have the power to erase the PS, in other's a mugger with a brick will knock him out.

Did Zauriel already erase the phantom Stranger from existence or was that done by numerous angels?

ODG
Justice league dark. He was a satellite member just like andtew bennett. Yea, and he threatened to tear Constantine a new one if he ever summoned him again and only agreed to help them out that one time because Frankenstein vouched for him. Being asked to help out in one adventure doesn't make him a member. At all. Galactus has helped out the Fantastic Four a bunch of times. Doesn't make him the unofficial fifth member.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
Yea, and he threatened to tear Constantine a new one if he ever summoned him again and only agreed to help them out that one time because Frankenstein vouched for him. Being asked to help out in one adventure doesn't make him a member. At all. Galactus has helped out the Fantastic Four a bunch of times. Doesn't make him the unofficial fifth member.

Well, it looks like Swamp Thing is going to be Constantine's ***** again.

DarkSaint85
Did Zauriel already erase the phantom Stranger from existence or was that done by numerous angels?

At the end of PS 11, he erased him from history.

Golgo13
Justice League Dark's lineup is about to become beastly. It's members will surpass the main JL and Avengers.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/LOL_zps9771866f.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.