Bloodlust Defined

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
Please post your opinion on how bloodlust should be defined.

Obviously the characters are going all out. Does this mean that characters such as Superman vs Thor fighting would go for a kill even though that may not be in their character since both are "good guys"? Would this mean CIS, CIP and morals are not part of the battle?

Let me know how you all want bloodlust defined in the rules.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Badabing
Obviously the characters are going all out. Does this mean that characters such as Superman vs Thor fighting would go for a kill even though that may not be in their character since both are "good guys"? Would this mean CIS, CIP and morals are not part of the battle?

Yes, that.

Galan007
When a character is bloodlusted, their moral compass goes out the window entirely, and they stop consciously and/or subconsciously holding back any of their powers. Their only directive is to win by any means necessary.

This page describes a bloodlusted state perfectly, imo, and doesn't just apply to Superman in that regard:
http://i.imgur.com/eP2ieLM.jpg

Pertinent dialogue:
http://i.imgur.com/OJiedi6.jpg http://i.imgur.com/QRM3MW3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XAh3nLd.jpg

LeonBuco666
They want blood, They will do absolutely anything to end the fight as quick and as swift as possible, but vicious also.
Perfect example;
Batman's main rule is he never kills, a bloodlusted batman would kill without hesitation, second thought or even a first thought
A Bloodlusted characters instinct is to kill, if silver surfer is bloodlusted imo as soon as the fight begins he create a blackhole in his opponents stomach an turn them inside out etc

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Galan007
When a character is bloodlusted, their moral compass goes out the window entirely, and they stop consciously and/or subconsciously holding back any of their powers. Their only directive is to win by any means necessary.

thats what i always though blood lust was. would like if it kept to this. thumb up
curious is there active debate over its definition? i only ask as im curious what other possible acceptable definition could be floating around if there is any that is.

maxivitopowe
Is there a difference between blood lusted and feral?

carver9
But wouldn't that mentally change them as well? Their fighting tactic? Example...a thinking Thor would use lightning, Tornados and a lil wind in a battle but him being in a bloodlust state, he would mainly do hammer blows because he is basically in a rage and not thinking smart.

Branlor Swift
I always just used it to remove CIS. Things like stopping for humans, or not holding back in fear of killing the other. But they still fight well, as opposed to mindless. Though that might go against the definition of bloodlust, that's just how I've used it.

Like if Berserker Wolverine is beating up Superman and is about to shank him. He's not going to stop just because a little Asian girl is crying in the corner.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
But wouldn't that mentally change them as well? Their fighting tactic? Example...a thinking Thor would use lightning, Tornados and a lil wind in a battle but him being in a bloodlust state, he would mainly do hammer blows because he is basically in a rage and not thinking smart. Bloodlust-on doesn't mean the character in question starts fighting like a 'tard.

Like pretty much everyone has agreed: it is basically just another way of saying "no CIS."

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
Bloodlust-on doesn't mean the character in question starts fighting like a 'tard.

Like pretty much everyone has agreed: it is basically just another way of saying "no CIS."

Gotcha...I was just thinking that they would fight "out of character". Example, Superman during Sacrifice or Thor when he fought Maestro Hulk. Wouldnt you consider both blood lusted?

Galan007
Depends on how you define bloodlust, I suppose.

Like I said earlier: I think of a bloodlusted character as one that removes their personal 'governor'(ie. self-imposed limitations/CIS) and does anything within their means to defeat an opponent.

marwash22
blood noun \ˈbləd\

: persons related through common descent : kindred

+

lust noun \ˈləst\

: usu. intense or unbridled sexual desire

=

bloodlust

the intense desire to bone one's relatives.

you're welcome. wink

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
But wouldn't that mentally change them as well? Their fighting tactic? Example...a thinking Thor would use lightning, Tornados and a lil wind in a battle but him being in a bloodlust state, he would mainly do hammer blows because he is basically in a rage and not thinking smart. Wolverine goes berserker. The comics are clear what that means. He's basically feral. That's an attribute to a specific character. Marvel has now said Hulk's personality is based upon his emotional state before he transforms. Again, it's pretty specific to that character.

We're basically stripping a character of their morals. And it's been noted in this thread with examples.Originally posted by marwash22
blood noun \ˈbləd\

: persons related through common descent : kindred

+

lust noun \ˈləst\

: usu. intense or unbridled sexual desire

=

bloodlust

the intense desire to bone one's relatives.

you're welcome. wink Shut up. Go home. sneer

carver9
Looks more like CIS to me and CIS imo is completely different than Bloodlust. Bloodlust is a furious state imo...a state where you see nothing but red...killer instinct mode and being anywhere close to that doesn't mean you'll fight in a tactical fashion.

marwash22
Shut up. Go home. sneer I don't shut up, I grow up, and when I look at you, I throw up. ahah

carver9
Wolverine goes berserker. The comics are clear what that means. He's basically feral. That's an attribute to a specific character. Marvel has now said Hulk's personality is based upon his emotional state before he transforms. Again, it's pretty specific to that character.

We're basically stripping a character of their morals. And it's been noted in this thread with examples. Shut up. Go home. sneer

I agree to an extent. I guess it depends on the person and thread starter.

Badabing
Originally posted by marwash22
I don't shut up, I grow up, and when I look at you, I throw up. ahah You didn't just say that!!!! I'm about to go Raptor on you!!!111Originally posted by carver9
Looks more like CIS to me and CIS imo is completely different than Bloodlust. Bloodlust is a furious state imo...a state where you see nothing but red...killer instinct mode and being anywhere close to that doesn't mean you'll fight in a tactical fashion. So if Batman found his parents killer, he'd go after the guy in a rage where he's be an unthinking rage monster? Shut up and leave with Marwash. sneerOriginally posted by carver9
I agree to an extent. I guess it depends on the person and thread starter. Shut up and stop trying to complicate things. Hulk doesn't normally kill. The closest we've seen a bloodlusted Hulk is the WWH arc where it appeared he was willing to kill. It doesn't mean blind with rage or in a warrior madness rage...which you're about to see first hand.

b_hulk

-Pr-
I honestly don't agree that "no CIS" and bloodlust are the same thing.

That said, if the majority wants it to be as such, then I'm not going to argue.

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-

That said, if the majority wants it to be as such, then I'm not going to argue. Well someone like KMC Rhino wouldn't suddenly be smart. But Superman wouldn't forget he had speed and such.

Oh, and shut up. sneer

That's right, I'm extra bastardly and despicable today. badawe

Newjak

That said, if the majority wants it to be as such, then I'm not going to argue. Yeah I don't think they are the same either.

CIS is essentially us controlling them

Bloodlust is the character in a rage and morals off type deal.

marwash22
cis = characters performing the way they logically should, disregarding the stupid shit they'd normally do on panel.

bloodlust = characters not holding back and stopping themselves from using deadly force. e.g. batman kills joker inside putting him in a body cast.

LordofBrooklyn
Bloodlust is defined as follows.

Absent of bloodlust I would be satisfied with watching Bada skinned piece by piece and using said pieces to make a robe.

A bloodlusted Lordofbrooklyn will simply hack up the Raptor and start the new age of freedom.

Simple.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Is there a difference between blood lusted and feral?

-Pr-
Well someone like KMC Rhino wouldn't suddenly be smart. But Superman wouldn't forget he had speed and such.

Oh, and shut up. sneer

That's right, I'm extra bastardly and despicable today. badawe

Not really what I'm thinking of.

To me, bloodlust is something like, anger at it's most, where a character stops caring about anything but the death of their opponent, but at the same time is somewhat emotionally compromised because of how angry they are. Like Superman in Sacrifice, but less handicapped.

CIS-Off, to me, is say, Superman fighting Imperiex probes or the Elite and having that cold detachment that basically ends up with him trolling his enemies by utterly destroying them more casually than he really should.

If people want to define them as interchangeable (the terms, not the mental states), though, that's fine with me.

Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah I don't think they are the same either.

CIS is essentially us controlling them

Bloodlust is the character in a rage and morals off type deal.

CIS on = forum avatar?

Originally posted by maxivitopowe

That's what we're trying to figure out.

-K-M-
Only bloodlust I know

http://www.bitrebels.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/tampon1.jpg

Badabing
Originally posted by -K-M-
Only bloodlust I know

http://www.bitrebels.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/tampon1.jpg A part of me just died. sadOriginally posted by -Pr-

To me, bloodlust is something like, anger at it's most, where a character stops caring about anything but the death of their opponent, but at the same time is somewhat emotionally compromised because of how angry they are. Like Superman in Sacrifice, but less handicapped.

CIS-Off, to me, is say, Superman fighting Imperiex probes or the Elite and having that cold detachment that basically ends up with him trolling his enemies by utterly destroying them more casually than he really should.

If people want to define them as interchangeable (the terms, not the mental states), though, that's fine with me.

CIS on = forum avatar?

That's what we're trying to figure out. Then post what you think you drunk Irish bastiche!

-Pr-
I thought I just did. Raptors CAN read, can't they?

Impediment
Originally posted by marwash22
I don't shut up, I grow up, and when I look at you, I throw up. ahah

And then your mother goes around the corner and licks it up.

I actually PMd Bada and Digi about the precise definition of bloodlust since people in the Movie Versus and All Versus have been throwing it around.

Basically, all CIS and morals are off, yes? It should mainly apply to heroes?

carver9

CIS on = forum avatar?

That's what we're trying to figure out.

This.

Badabing
I thought I just did. Raptors CAN read, can't they? It wasn't in Raptor format. Change it! sneerOriginally posted by carver9
This. Don't be a kiss ass, or I will thrash you!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/jurassic-park-raptor-jump-o_zps53de1826.gif

-Pr-
It wasn't in Raptor format. Change it! sneer Don't be a kiss ass, or I will thrash you!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/jurassic-park-raptor-jump-o_zps53de1826.gif

laughing out loud

ODG
Please post your opinion on how bloodlust should be defined.

Let me know how you all want bloodlust defined in the rules. Bloodlust should mean that the character fights however he fights in comics when he is bloodlusted. That will mean different things for different characters. Therefore, it ought to be a concept wholly divorced from CIS and CIP. And that should be obvious when it comes to seeing how bloodlust affects various characters.

If it's Wolverine, he's one step away or already in berserker rage and going for the brutal kill. It's pretty much the peak of his fighting performance, barring the odd instance where he calmly out-kung fu's some mystic martial arts assassin master at his own game or one shot pressure points Kid Gladiator. And he can go berserk against anybody, including villains and heroes. So you can see a bloodlusted Wolverine as not being inhibited by CIS or CIP.

If it's Thor, he's not holding back his punches or power and might be one step away from, or already in, Warrior's Madness. But not holding back his power doesn't mean he'll start busting out all his powers. Bloodlusted Thor ain't commanding Mjolnir to fly and speedblitz a foe repeatedly at ftl speeds even though that might be the most brutally efficient way to stomp an opponent. He'll just rush Hulk head-on and fight him on his terms. But he is the kind of character who has lost his temper against both friend and foe (usually due to plot) and has come close to killing them. So you can see a bloodlusted Thor as not being inhibited by CIP, but still being bound by CIS, i.e., not using his huge array of powers.

If it's Hulk, well... it just pushes his rage to highs from the get-go. But that doesn't necessarily mean he'll reach the peak of his power. He was pretty bloodlusted throughout World War Hulk, brutally one-shotting people, even his own cousin, She-Hulk. But it turns out he was still holding back an insane level of power. So you can see a bloodlusted Hulk still being bound by both CIS and CIP. Just less CIP than usual.

If it's Punisher, well... he's pretty much always bloodlusted all the time; this just might add a white hot rage inside him but it probably wouldn't make much of a difference. Guy's not prone to holding back, unless it's against a good guy. But that is a clear line he doesn't cross. Even when he loses his temper against Daredevil/Spidey, he's not aiming to kill. Heck, he's not even trying to maim them. So you can see a bloodlusted Punisher's typical CIS or CIP as not being affected at all by bloodlust. Same could be said for most murderous villains/vigilantes. Like any Doomsday incarnation that hasn't grown a conscience, Doomsday's always bloodlusted. You could even make the argument that a bloodlusted Punisher will be a less efficient killer, he might want the guy to suffer because he really hates him, so Castle'll eschew quick, clean headshots and go for slow, agonizing, painful deaths.

Then you got someone like Daken. Yes, he's already a brutally efficient murderer and sadistic. But when he gets especially angry? He can end up fighting sloppy. When he first fought Deadpool, he schooled Wade calmly and effortlessly. Then Wade mocked him for being a Wolverine wannabe, struck a nerve and Daken lost it. And he lost his edge against Deadpool and started getting embarrassed. So you can see a bloodlusted Daken as being affected by CIS even more than usual, if not CIP. He's not alone. Mandarin, for instance, fights like an idiot when he loses his sh1t.

There shouldn't be a homogenous single standard that transforms every character into behaving the same, relative power notwithstanding. Because that's really not how it works in comics.

srankmissingnin
I hate it when I agree with ODG. embarrasment

Galan007
Originally posted by -K-M-
Only bloodlust I know

http://www.bitrebels.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/tampon1.jpg http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lwm-bRqWDX0/Tw4KvMvGPLI/AAAAAAAAAl0/iifBMEAe0Mo/s179/afro-shaking-head-no.gif

kgkg
Originally posted by ODG
Bloodlust should mean that the character fights however he fights in comics when he is bloodlusted. That will mean different things for different characters. Therefore, it ought to be a concept wholly divorced from CIS and CIP. And that should be obvious when it comes to seeing how bloodlust affects various characters.

If it's Wolverine, he's one step away or already in berserker rage and going for the brutal kill. It's pretty much the peak of his fighting performance, barring the odd instance where he calmly out-kung fu's some mystic martial arts assassin master at his own game or one shot pressure points Kid Gladiator. And he can go berserk against anybody, including villains and heroes. So you can see a bloodlusted Wolverine as not being inhibited by CIS or CIP.

If it's Thor, he's not holding back his punches or power and might be one step away from, or already in, Warrior's Madness. But not holding back his power doesn't mean he'll start busting out all his powers. Bloodlusted Thor ain't commanding Mjolnir to fly and speedblitz a foe repeatedly at ftl speeds even though that might be the most brutally efficient way to stomp an opponent. He'll just rush Hulk head-on and fight him on his terms. But he is the kind of character who has lost his temper against both friend and foe (usually due to plot) and has come close to killing them. So you can see a bloodlusted Thor as not being inhibited by CIP, but still being bound by CIS, i.e., not using his huge array of powers.

If it's Hulk, well... it just pushes his rage to highs from the get-go. But that doesn't necessarily mean he'll reach the peak of his power. He was pretty bloodlusted throughout World War Hulk, brutally one-shotting people, even his own cousin, She-Hulk. But it turns out he was still holding back an insane level of power. So you can see a bloodlusted Hulk still being bound by both CIS and CIP. Just less CIP than usual.

If it's Punisher, well... he's pretty much always bloodlusted all the time; this just might add a white hot rage inside him but it probably wouldn't make much of a difference. Guy's not prone to holding back, unless it's against a good guy. But that is a clear line he doesn't cross. Even when he loses his temper against Daredevil/Spidey, he's not aiming to kill. Heck, he's not even trying to maim them. So you can see a bloodlusted Punisher's typical CIS or CIP as not being affected at all by bloodlust. Same could be said for most murderous villains/vigilantes. Like any Doomsday incarnation that hasn't grown a conscience, Doomsday's always bloodlusted. You could even make the argument that a bloodlusted Punisher will be a less efficient killer, he might want the guy to suffer because he really hates him, so Castle'll eschew quick, clean headshots and go for slow, agonizing, painful deaths.

Then you got someone like Daken. Yes, he's already a brutally efficient murderer and sadistic. But when he gets especially angry? He can end up fighting sloppy. When he first fought Deadpool, he schooled Wade calmly and effortlessly. Then Wade mocked him for being a Wolverine wannabe, struck a nerve and Daken lost it. And he lost his edge against Deadpool and started getting embarrassed. So you can see a bloodlusted Daken as being affected by CIS even more than usual, if not CIP. He's not alone. Mandarin, for instance, fights like an idiot when he loses his sh1t.

There shouldn't be a homogenous single standard that transforms every character into behaving the same, relative power notwithstanding. Because that's really not how it works in comics. thumb up

kgkg
Bloodlust changes depending on characters- for better or worse that having it defined might defeat the purpose of this thread.

carver9
It wasn't in Raptor format. Change it! sneer Don't be a kiss ass, or I will thrash you!

laughing out loud

Looks painful.

pym-ftw
Does bloodlust amp appropriate characters?
(Hulk, Orion, Thor...)

Branlor Swift
I went back and looked at the forum rules. For some reason I thought bloodlust was always supposed to be on in threads, so I just adopted my own view on how it's been viewed.

For years. hmm

But yeah, if it's separated then basically supremely pissed off and willing to kill. Like Pooperman against WW for example.

Badabing
I think it was there but was edited out at some point, probably by mistake. I blame Pr. mmm

Branlor Swift
I think it was there but was edited out at some point, probably by mistake. I blame Pr. mmm Yeah, I swear I remember it being there...

That sneaky potato farmer

-Pr-
I think it was there but was edited out at some point, probably by mistake. I blame Pr. mmm

You shit-stirring mother****er...

Badabing
You shit-stirring mother****er... badawe

abhilegend
I think it should be case dependent instead of generalizing characters in a narrow definition of bloodlust. We should first check out if the character has ever given into bloodlust in a comic and that should be a reference to the things he/she would do in bloodlust. If not, OP should clarify what he means when he says about a character in bloodlust. Its mostly another way to say the character is CIS free.

curryman
I agree that no CIS and bloodlust are different.

Bloodlust is when they're specifically going for the kill, and often with little regard of their own safety. Not all characters are equally effective under bloodlust, while some might be more. They don't hold back as much, but at the same time I don't think they'll be as creative with their abilities as someone who has CIS off.

Endless Mike
A character doing anything it takes to win no matter the cost or consequences.

maxivitopowe
Is no one gonna answer the difference between feral & bloodlust

Mindset
No.

Newjak

CIS on = forum avatar?

That's what we're trying to figure out. CIS-off = forum avatar.

But yes once you remove CIS from a character you're essentially controlling the character.

Bloodlust is still the character as they are but out for blood and death.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.