..... Team Superman Vs Team Silver Surfer .....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who Wins?
No prep...

Superman
G.L Hal
Wonder Woman

Vs

Silver Surfer
Quasar
B.R. Bill

h1a8
I think Superman vs. Surfer = split or slight edge to Surfer by red solar radiation
I think G.L Hal vs. Quaser = Hal
I think WW vs. BRB = WW due to speed, maneuverability, skill, and lasso option

I say team 1 barely

Supermex
I really feel if any is going to give SS problems its WW
She's like Thor in terms that theres not a weakness to her powers to exploit

Sure SS can do range on her thou

pym-ftw
Quasar > Supes
Bill > Diana
Surfer ~= Hal

Hal goes down eventually.

abhilegend
Lulz @ Quasar being above Superman.

pym-ftw
His powerset makes him very dangerous to Superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
His powerset makes him very dangerous to Superman.
Sure it does. Superman's powerset is very dangerous to quasar too since he is so ****ing slow that once he had to spend two years to fly to Uranus from earth and people like whizzer have blitzed him. Too bad we don't debate powersets here.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by h1a8
I think Superman vs. Surfer = split or slight edge to Surfer by red solar radiation

I say team 1 barely

So Lasso > Stormbreaker, huh?

MF DELPH
Hmm...

Depends on the first tactic. If Quasar puts the q-bands on energy vacuum mode out the gate Team Supes could be in serious trouble.

-Pr-
Team 1 more often than not.

Nibedicus
Other than GL Hal, what "feats" does the DCnU team have that gives them the win vs team 2? Especially DCnU WW.

The two years to Uranus was before his upgrade from Eon, btw. stick out tongue

pym-ftw
Originally posted by abhilegend
Sure it does. Superman's powerset is very dangerous to quasar too since he is so ****ing slow that once he had to spend two years to fly to Uranus from earth and people like whizzer have blitzed him. Too bad we don't debate powersets here.
So you agree that Quasar wins?

Cool

JBL
Team Surfer.

Golgo13
T1 for the close fight.

carver9

Is that all you do is lowball? Lets not pretend like Superman hasn't had any low showings when it comes to speed.

Mindship
Leaning...toward...1.

LeonBuco666
Going with team 2, on paper that is they should wreck the opposers, but too bad we go by straight up fts in which case team 1 for a solid majority

Nibedicus
Wait, when did DCnU WW and Superman suddenly have better "feats" than Surfer, BRB and Quasar. Did I miss something?

LeonBuco666
Oh shit its dcnu versions aint it, well then, team 2 win because they just can

pym-ftw
I think the rule of 8 is in effect on this board.

After 8 showings the character is up for debate.

-Pr-
It's usually ten, unless special circumstances apply.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Other than GL Hal, what "feats" does the DCnU team have that gives them the win vs team 2? Especially DCnU WW.

The two years to Uranus was before his upgrade from Eon, btw. stick out tongue
The only thing he got that from that upgrade was that he could now Quantum jump. He took days to get to the moon once when he forgot how to quantum jump after that.Originally posted by pym-ftw
So you agree that Quasar wins?

Cool
laughing out loud

You're the real "prep-man of marvel".Originally posted by carver9
Is that all you do is lowball? Lets not pretend like Superman hasn't had any low showings when it comes to speed.
Point out the times where Superman took YEARS to go on Uranus.

Blue Area Vet
You all stop acting like WW isn't the weak link. Team 2 with some separation. And Quantum Bands >>> GL ring.

pym-ftw
Maybe in energy absorption.

I'd put Hal above Q in a fight though.

Nibedicus
The only thing he got that from that upgrade was that he could now Quantum jump. He took days to get to the moon once when he forgot how to quantum jump after that.

So what's your point? You pointed out the time it took him to travel to Uranus as a way to put down his abilities and I simply pointed out that in the same issue (IIRC), he gained the ability to instantly cross the distance easily meaning that your comment is no longer relevant.

abhilegend
So what's your point? You pointed out the time it took him to travel to Uranus as a way to put down his abilities and I simply pointed out that in the same issue (IIRC), he gained the ability to instantly cross the distance easily meaning that your comment is no longer relevant.
Quantum jump=/=speed. I wasn't talking about his teleportation abilities which he can't do in atmosphere of the planet or devastate the planet, I was talking about his speed which sucks donkey balls.

Nibedicus
Quantum jump=/=speed. I wasn't talking about his teleportation abilities, I was talking about his speed which sucks donkey balls.

Again, how does him having (relatively) slow travel speed at the start of his career relevant here?

abhilegend
Again, how does him having (relatively) slow travel speed at the start of his career relevant here?
It isn't just his travel speed which sucks and where did his speed got upgraded? His combat speed sucks too. Can you cite any reflex feat for him? Quasar was blitzed by Makkari at escape velocity level speed.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/MakkariBlitzesQuasar.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/QuasarSlow1.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/QuasarSlow2.jpg

Then Makkari dragged him around the world which was a blur to him

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/QuasarPerceptionBlur.jpg

****ing whizzer was so fast to him that Quasar couldn't even see him

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/QuasarWhizzer1.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/QuasarWhizzer2.jpg

Nibedicus
It isn't just his travel speed which sucks and where did his speed got upgraded? His combat speed sucks too. Can you cite any reflex feat for him? Quasar was blitzed by Makkari at escape velocity level speed.

You're not getting what I'm saying.

What relevance is Quasar's travel speed have to do with anything?

It's kinda like me saying that Superman has crappy energy construct powers.

Why insert his reflex speed when no one was arguing it in the first place? Yes, he has human-level reflexes, super reflex speed was never part of his powerset. His powers are about energy attacks/constructs and energy absorption.

And while I would agree that he is on the lower end of the totem pole within the Surfer group, I'd like to see what "feats" DCnU WW has that would make this team battle lopsided.

Spire
Team 1.

abhilegend
You're not getting what I'm saying.

What relevance is Quasar's travel speed have to do with anything?

It's kinda like me saying that Superman has crappy energy construct powers.

Why insert his reflex speed when no one was arguing it in the first place? Yes, he has human-level reflexes, super reflex speed was never part of his powerset. His powers are about energy attacks/constructs and energy absorption.

And while I would agree that he is on the lower end of the totem pole within the Surfer group, I'd like to see what "feats" DCnU WW has that would make this team battle lopsided.
I was talking about superman's powerset which includes superspeed being too dangerous for quasar.

Nibedicus
I was talking about superman's powerset which includes superspeed being too dangerous for quasar.

Well, I can certainly agree with that. I seem to remember Gladiator giving him fits, too. Tho I wouldn't say "stomp".

Just don't understand the line of reasoning wherein you correlate his relatively low-end travel movement speed (w/c is compensated by his Quantum Jump) as some form of major disadvantage when opposed to Superman's speed. Would have been better if you used his human-level reaction time (as that would be more relevant in a combat situation). /shrug

Guess it's just how you put things. stick out tongue

Edit. I do remember him being able to Quantum Jump from within the atmosphere, will have to dig up some old Quasar comics...

LeonBuco666
The quantum bands have enough energy to sustain galactus for a millenia, as seen when surfer had them, not sure if its canon but i dont see why they would make them more, or less powerful because its not apart of marvel's main continuity.

Bentley
Quasar has a nanosecond reaction feed on the Thanos Imperative if I recall correctly.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bentley
Quasar has a nanosecond reaction feed on the Thanos Imperative if I recall correctly.
By that remark, Desaad has nanosecond reflexes too.

Bentley
I don't mind that shifty

Blue Area Vet
Quantum jump=/=speed. I wasn't talking about his teleportation abilities which he can't do in atmosphere of the planet or devastate the planet, I was talking about his speed which sucks donkey balls.

This is a battle, not a galactic race.

Blue Area Vet
By that remark, Desaad has nanosecond reflexes too.

You either accept is or you dnOriginally posted by Nibedicus
Well, I can certainly agree with that. I seem to remember Gladiator giving him fits, too. Tho I wouldn't say "stomp".

Just don't understand the line of reasoning wherein you correlate his relatively low-end travel movement speed (w/c is compensated by his Quantum Jump) as some form of major disadvantage when opposed to Superman's speed. Would have been better if you used his human-level reaction time (as that would be more relevant in a combat situation). /shrug

Guess it's just how you put things. stick out tongue

Edit. I do remember him being able to Quantum Jump from within the atmosphere, will have to dig up some old Quasar comics...

Quasar could potential absorb Superman's power, his lifeforce or Superman himself. He absorbed Ego and Ego > Superman. And there is little question in my mind that he could absorb Hal's energies.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
This is a battle, not a galactic race.
Its a fight and superman would blitz him.Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
You either accept is or you dn

Quasar could potential absorb Superman's power, his lifeforce or Superman himself. He absorbed Ego and Ego > Superman. And there is little question in my mind that he could absorb Hal's energies.
What is that supposed to mean? Captain America has said that too, daredevil as well. Doesn't mean much.

I don't think you know the full detail about how Quasar absorbed Ego's energies through Reed's device. He isn't going to absorb Hal's energy since its outside EM spectrum and Quasar is useless against those kind of energies. I know you have looked through marvel respect threads a lot here, but this isn't your wet dreams where Marvel>DC in everything.

quanchi112
Team Surfer wins. He owns Superman.

Supermex
Sufer can probably solo this, but think WW makes him work foe it even more..

I didn't think this before I made this fight, but now I'm leaning that way.

Blue Area Vet
Its a fight and superman would blitz him.
What is that supposed to mean? Captain America has said that too, daredevil as well. Doesn't mean much.

I don't think you know the full detail about how Quasar absorbed Ego's energies through Reed's device. He isn't going to absorb Hal's energy since its outside EM spectrum and Quasar is useless against those kind of energies. I know you have looked through marvel respect threads a lot here, but this isn't your wet dreams where Marvel>DC in everything.

"Wet dream?" LOL, hey Copernicus, none of these characters are real, so yeah, we are all in the same wet dream. My eyes are wide open about this, but you are asleep in a dream within a dream concerning your blue blow up toy. Yeah, I said it, Marvel > D.C. Any questions? Talk to my publicist.

As far as Quasar, there is no reason for me to believe that he could not absorb the GL energies because absorbtion is what he does. I'm sure you mind that Kryptonite has not killed Superman on a few thousand occassions even though it is supposed to.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by quanchi112
Team Surfer wins. He owns Superman.

Potentially, he and Quasar. Solar energy, right?

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Supermex
Sufer can probably solo this, but think WW makes him work foe it even more..

I didn't think this before I made this fight, but now I'm leaning that way.

Out of Superman, Hal and Wonder woman, Wonder woman would be the least threatening opponent to Surfer.

Supermex
I think your wrong with all due respect..

WW don't realky have a weakness to exploit..

She alittle little Thor..

I maybe wrong but its just my opinion

JayDaDon
Surfer doesn't need to rely on weakness exploitation. He has the raw power to just beat Wonder Woman straight up. Wonder Woman also is NO Thor. Hal would be far more difficult an opponent due to his similar versatility, and his own raw power.

quanchi112
Potentially, he and Quasar. Solar energy, right? Yes, that is one way. I think overall Surfer is more durable as well as more powerful to boot.

Supermex
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Surfer doesn't need to rely on weakness exploitation. He has the raw power to just beat Wonder Woman straight up. Wonder Woman also is NO Thor. Hal would be far more difficult an opponent due to his similar versatility, and his own raw power.

I know he don't need to exploit, but makes it a lot easier to go that route than any..

Wonder Woman is powerful.
She give Thor a good run before gettin beat by him..
If Thor goes toe 2tie with her..
The gap is not that great between the 2 h2h

abhilegend
"Wet dream?" LOL, hey Copernicus, none of these characters are real, so yeah, we are all in the same wet dream. My eyes are wide open about this, but you are asleep in a dream within a dream concerning your blue blow up toy. Yeah, I said it, Marvel > D.C. Any questions? Talk to my publicist.

As far as Quasar, there is no reason for me to believe that he could not absorb the GL energies because absorbtion is what he does. I'm sure you mind that Kryptonite has not killed Superman on a few thousand occassions even though it is supposed to.
Sure, buddy. That's why you are seen in every thread as championing marvel characters. I know these characters aren't real. Do you?

Quasar has outright stated that he can't absorb anything out of EM spectrum

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/QuasarElectromagntism.jpg

Hal's energies aren't in EM spectrum but pure willpower collected.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/willpower.jpg

If he goes against Superman, he would get blitzed into oblibion. Surfer would get a win against Hal but Superman would punch his face in. Either way team 1 wins.

carver9
Bad matchup, DCNU characters. Surfer and Bill would destroy them.

Supermex
I know he don't need to exploit, but makes it a lot easier to go that route than any..

Wonder Woman is powerful.
She give Thor a good run before gettin beat by him..
If Thor goes toe 2tie with her..
The gap is not that great between the 2 h2h

What I ment is Wonder Woman is more powerful than given credit for..

Supermex
Sure, buddy. That's why you are seen in every thread as championing marvel characters. I know these characters aren't real. Do you?

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/QuasarElectromagntism.jpg

If he goes against Superman, he would get blitzed into oblibion. Surfer would get a win against Hal but Superman would punch his face in. Either way team 1 wins.

I thought you were doing good Abhi, but you lost credit why you went on to say that Superman would punch Surfers face in..

My 5 year old agrees with.. he says yay!! Superman punch punch punch!! Superman win daddy!!

My 30 year old brother wants to know why the fu;:"k your talking about!!
He wants to know why in your head your letting SS let Superman punch him enough in the face to win? His words not mine..

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8

I say team 1 barely
thumb up

-Pr-
lol, so much lowballing.

Seriously guys, stop it.

Blue Area Vet

Oblibi what?? laughing Try to calm you heart rate.

No little Abi, Superman would not speed blitz him. That 's not the answer to all your problems. It's just not the autowin you fancy. Hell, it's not even a specific super power. Besides that, Surfer would leave him in the dust.

abhilegend
I thought you were doing good Abhi, but you lost credit why you went on to say that Superman would punch Surfers face in..

My 5 year old agrees with.. he says yay!! Superman punch punch punch!! Superman win daddy!!

My 30 year old brother wants to know why the fu;:"k your talking about!!
He wants to know why in your head your letting SS let Superman punch him enough in the face to win? His words not mine..
Lulz. That's how it would go down.Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Oblibi what?? laughing Try to calm you heart rate.

No little Abi, Superman would not speed blitz him. That 's not the answer to all your problems. It's just not the autowin you fancy. Hell, it's not even a specific super power. Besides that, Surfer would leave him in the dust.
So, no response but "Shut up, I'm right".

Why wouldn't Superman blitz Quasar if he is trying to drain superman? Surfer's combat speed is laughable. I know it pains you but its the truth kid.

Blue Area Vet
Lulz. That's how it would go down.
So, no response but "Shut up, I'm right".

Why wouldn't Superman blitz Quasar if he is trying to drain superman? Surfer's combat speed is laughable. I know it pains you but its the truth kid.

You should probably drop the practice of putting quotation marks around words that I never said. Oh, and to answer your question, trying to speed blitz Quasar and actually having the sort of autowin success with it that you seem to think he would have are two different things. First off, the draining process would weaken Superman and he might not be able to get it up. Secondly, Quasar would likely react by putting up a shield like he does ALL THE TIME. Stop clinging to the speed blitz comfort blanket.

abhilegend
You should probably drop the practice of putting quotation marks around words that I never said. Oh, and to answer your question, trying to speed blitz Quasar and actually having the sort of autowin success with it that you seem to think he would have are two different things. First off, the draining process would weaken Superman and he might not be able to get it up. Secondly, Quasar would likely react by putting up a shield like he does ALL THE TIME. Stop clinging to the speed blitz comfort blanket.

That's what you are essentially saying. What makes you think quasar is going to drain superman before superman blitzes and KTFO him since he would know that Quasar is an energy drainer? Superman also recharges just as fast as he gets drained. One moment of sunlight is enough to recharge him completely from totally drained.

Quasar isn't fast enough to do anything here and superman would break Quasar's shields easily. Its not a blanket, your auto draining process is.

pym-ftw
Because that's Quasars go to move...

Has this Superman blitzes anyone yet?

Zack Fair
LoL

Surfer ain't soloing this.

pym-ftw
I agree...

I'm thinking you weren't talking to me

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Because that's Quasars go to move...

Has this Superman blitzes anyone yet?
Not since Gruenwald stopped writing him. Honestly, how many characters Wendell beat by draining them in last decade or even before that?

Orion.

dial J for Josh
Bill solos eek!, and lol at surfer just letting Clark hit him in the face.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Bill solos eek!, and lol at surfer just letting Clark hit him in the face. laughing out loud

Golgo13
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Bill solos eek!, and lol at surfer just letting Clark hit him in the face.

Arm bar ftw?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.