Into Darkness named worst Trek movie EVER

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-trek-into-darkness-named--worst-star-trek-film--073112668.html

So yeah. I think that's just a bit silly. I might not rate it as highly as First Contact or Wrath, but it still shits all over Motion Picture and Final Frontier.

Omega Vision
It was a good movie, and I don't think it deserves to be booed, but at the same time it didn't really appeal to me on a level that "real" Star Trek appeals to me.

It was almost all action driven rather than character/plot driven as good Star Trek material should be.

Edit: I give it an hour before Quan comes raging in here threatening to find the master tapes of the original movies and making a bonfire out of them.

-Pr-
I agree on that much, but I did get the impression from Abrams in the making of the movie that he was trying a more "Trek-like" approach than he had done in the first movie.

Omega Vision
He failed. The first movie, for all its Hollywood glamor and spectacle, seemed much more Trek-like to me.

DARTH POWER
Lol have these guys actually seen Insurrection, Nemesis and Generations?

Fact is as as great a series as the Next Generation was, it really did ruin Star Trek on the big screen.

Abrams has taken things back to the days of Star Trek's 2-4, when everyone loved Star Trek films.

quanchi112
Greatest Star Trek film ever. Leave it to the Trekkies to complain about Abrams revitalizing the franchise.

Kazenji
Simon Pegg Has A Message For STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Haters: "F*ck You"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=85789

DARTH POWER
I would say good on him, but I just can't take that statement seriously after all his SW PT b****ing.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
He failed. The first movie, for all its Hollywood glamor and spectacle, seemed much more Trek-like to me.

Honestly don't agree.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Lol have these guys actually seen Insurrection, Nemesis and Generations?

Fact is as as great a series as the Next Generation was, it really did ruin Star Trek on the big screen.

Abrams has taken things back to the days of Star Trek's 2-4, when everyone loved Star Trek films.

I like Generations to a point, but yeah, the movie was better than Nemesis and Insurrection by a long way.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Greatest Star Trek film ever. Leave it to the Trekkies to complain about Abrams revitalizing the franchise.

Quiet, junior red-shirt trekkie.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I would say good on him, but I just can't take that statement seriously after all his SW PT b****ing.

Huh?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by -Pr-

Huh?

Oh I just think it's a bit ironic him saying that because he was a hardcore fan of the Star Wars OT, and continuously slagged off the PT for not being like the OT.

quanchi112
Honestly don't agree.

I like Generations to a point, but yeah, the movie was better than Nemesis and Insurrection by a long way.

Quiet, junior red-shirt trekkie.

Huh? You mean bigger NuTrek fan than you Superman lover.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
Simon Pegg Has A Message For STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Haters: "F*ck You"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=85789 I agree. The hell with them.

-Pr-
You mean bigger NuTrek fan than you Superman lover.

You'll earn your blue shirt eventually; just keep at it, junior trekkie.

BruceSkywalker
As a trekkie i totally disagree with the article..

to me Into Darkness is the 2nd or 3rd best Trek film ever

-Pr-
To me it's third or fourth. It was a good movie, and doesn't even exist in the same level as Final Frontier.

quanchi112
You'll earn your blue shirt eventually; just keep at it, junior trekkie. Best Trek movie ever.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/09/19/star-trek-into-darkness-jj-abrams/

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Iron-Man-3-Blu-ray-Cant-Top-Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-Ahead-of-Release/13152

Movie is a huge success and to hell with the old Trek mentality that it stunk. Success shows it was a success just like I said.

Best Trek ever, hands down.

Q99
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-trek-into-darkness-named--worst-star-trek-film--073112668.html

So yeah. I think that's just a bit silly. I might not rate it as highly as First Contact or Wrath, but it still shits all over Motion Picture and Final Frontier.

I rather liked Motion Picture. It's one of the few Trek movies about exploring/finding out about new stuff.

Still, not only Final Frontier, but Insurrection, Nemesis... I think these people just forgot just how bad the actually bad Trek movies are.

roughrider
Originally posted by Q99
I rather liked Motion Picture. It's one of the few Trek movies about exploring/finding out about new stuff.

Still, not only Final Frontier, but Insurrection, Nemesis... I think these people just forgot just how bad the actually bad Trek movies are.

QFT. No Trek film is worse than The Final Frontier.

-Pr-
Best Trek movie ever.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/09/19/star-trek-into-darkness-jj-abrams/

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Iron-Man-3-Blu-ray-Cant-Top-Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-Ahead-of-Release/13152

Movie is a huge success and to hell with the old Trek mentality that it stunk. Success shows it was a success just like I said.

Best Trek ever, hands down.

lol, ok. Your trolling really is transparent, you know.

You keep trying to separate the Treks, which goes against the actual message of Star Trek. You'll learn in time, ensign.

Originally posted by Q99

I think Motion Picture is better than Frontier tbh, but I still think it lacked a lot.

And I'm still mad about never finding out about Decker.

Omega Vision

You keep trying to separate the Treks, which goes against the actual message of Star Trek. You'll learn in time, ensign.

Quan is a yeoman at best.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Quan is a yeoman at best.

thumb up

quanchi112

I think Motion Picture is better than Frontier tbh, but I still think it lacked a lot.

And I'm still mad about never finding out about Decker. The older Treks for the. Out part hate the newer, better ones. This one is my favorite movie. NuKhan is my favorite character. You don't have the same opinion. Paramount would rather have a fan like myself who spends money and supports the franchise than someone like you tbh.

-Pr-
The older Treks for the. Out part hate the newer, better ones. This one is my favorite movie. NuKhan is my favorite character. You don't have the same opinion. Paramount would rather have a fan like myself who spends money and supports the franchise than someone like you tbh.

I've spent more money on Star Trek than you have, I'm pretty sure. Though nice work on the baiting; it suits you.

Might want to format your post a little though. The start is rough.

quanchi112
I've spent more money on Star Trek than you have, I'm pretty sure. Though nice work on the baiting; it suits you.

Might want to format your post a little though. The start is rough. I doubt it. I support the NuTreks far more than you do. I guarantee you spent more on the older ones. I hated them.

I bought the special Wal Mart blu day version of Into Darkness. I bet you don't own it.

-Pr-
I doubt it. I support the NuTreks far more than you do. I guarantee you spent more on the older ones. I hated them.

I bought the special Wal Mart blu day version of Into Darkness. I bet you don't own it.

Sure, tell me what else I've done with my bank account while you're at it.

I don't live in Canada anymore, so buying a region one walmart edition would be pointless.

Though I suppose my Amazon bought copy doesn't measure up. Or the replica phaser. Or the poster. Or the money I spent renting the game. Or the gold captain's shirt. or the money I spent watching it in the cinema. Or the money I spent on the new hdmi cable just so I could hook it up to the projector in the house.

Sure, I didn't spend anything on it at all.

You keep trying to separate the Treks. You really shouldn't. That just makes you a bad Trekkie.

quanchi112
Sure, tell me what else I've done with my bank account while you're at it.

I don't live in Canada anymore, so buying a region one walmart edition would be pointless.

Though I suppose my Amazon bought copy doesn't measure up. Or the replica phaser. Or the poster. Or the money I spent renting the game. Or the gold captain's shirt. or the money I spent watching it in the cinema. Or the money I spent on the new hdmi cable just so I could hook it up to the projector in the house.

Sure, I didn't spend anything on it at all.

You keep trying to separate the Treks. You really shouldn't. That just makes you a bad Trekkie. I saw it four times in the movie theatre. I saw it the night it came out. You did not.

I don't believe you about the rest.

Most Trekkies separate them as they are clearly different. That is the point. That's why I like the new ones. JJ hated did not like the older ones as well. I agree with him 100 percent.

Is NuKhan your favorite or Into Darkness your favorite Trek movie ?

-Pr-
I saw it four times in the movie theatre. I saw it the night it came out. You did not.

I don't believe you about the rest.

Most Trekkies separate them as they are clearly different. That is the point. That's why I like the new ones. JJ hated did not like the older ones as well. I agree with him 100 percent.

Is NuKhan your favorite or Into Darkness your favorite Trek movie ?

lol, you're trying so hard. It's almost cute.

And no, to answer your question, neither NuKhan nor Into Darkness is my favourite character/movie. I'm sure you'll use that as some sort of strange ammunition, though.

The sooner you realise that Star Trek is Star Trek is Star Trek, the better.

quanchi112
lol, you're trying so hard. It's almost cute.

And no, to answer your question, neither NuKhan nor Into Darkness is my favourite character/movie. I'm sure you'll use that as some sort of strange ammunition, though.

The sooner you realise that Star Trek is Star Trek is Star Trek, the better. The sooner you realize the newer Treks are different the better and different than the older forgotten Treks.

Glad to hear you admit I'm a greater NuTrek and NuKhan fan. Don't you feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders now.

NuTrek >>>old Trek.

-Pr-
The sooner you realize the newer Treks are different the better and different than the older forgotten Treks.

Glad to hear you admit I'm a greater NuTrek and NuKhan fan. Don't you feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders now.

NuTrek >>>old Trek.

lol, you really are desperate, aren't you.

But sure, draw inaccurate conclusions, junior yeoman.

quanchi112
lol, you really are desperate, aren't you.

But sure, draw inaccurate conclusions, junior yeoman. I am standing proud and authoritatively over the older Trekkie nation.

Can't wait fly the third film. I'm sure you could care less.

Sadako of Girth
Oh so you DO care?
The phrase is: "I couldn't care less".

Your desperate rage posting is heading into comedically sad territory Quan.

( Or, as you in your troll rush would put it: )

Typical display of lack of smarts from someone who would fap so hard to new shiny Trek yet hate the classic older stuff so hard and pointlessly.

"Ysperate rage posting moose hading intocomedly sad territry Quim."

Without real Trek, these tangental arc movies of the present would not be in existence. Apologies for you now weeping into your naked-pictures-of-JJ duvet.

Omega Vision
Yeoman Manchild Quan strikes again.

-Pr-
lol, this thread is gold.

Sadako of Girth
Aye: Gold pressed latinum in the shape of a "nu-trek" fangirl's teardrop. wink

Hope it fits, Quim. It was hard to find...most of them are for guys.
http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/star_trek_red-t.jpg

Q99

And I'm still mad about never finding out about Decker.

It had some flaws, but it also had some very good parts, and the basic plot is still a good one.

Originally posted by roughrider
QFT. No Trek film is worse than The Final Frontier.

I'd rather watch FF again than, say, Insurrection. At least I can laugh at more of FF, some of the bad TNG movies I have trouble thinking of anything to recommend for them.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
It had some flaws, but it also had some very good parts, and the basic plot is still a good one.

I'd rather watch FF again than, say, Insurrection. At least I can laugh at more of FF, some of the bad TNG movies I have trouble thinking of anything to recommend for them.

I dunno if i'll say that they were very good. good, sure, but I think a lot of the movie is basically filler, and that makes it harder to watch than others.

Insurrection has its faults; it's basically a longer episode of TNG. I'd still rate it at least as good as TMP.

Q99
Insurrection was a long TNG episode with major plotholes (one doesn't sympathize with the 'primitives,' there's a dozen solutions to the problem that don't mess with anyone since, y'know, there's under 200 'inhabitants'- themselves colonists really- who are isolated in one small area). Villains were pretty two dimensional as well.

TMP had a sense of wonder and discovering something new. Pacing was bad, but the story had a point, and V'ger was cool.

quanchi112

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
Insurrection was a long TNG episode with major plotholes (one doesn't sympathize with the 'primitives,' there's a dozen solutions to the problem that don't mess with anyone since, y'know, there's under 200 'inhabitants'- themselves colonists really- who are isolated in one small area). Villains were pretty two dimensional as well.

TMP had a sense of wonder and discovering something new. Pacing was bad, but the story had a point, and V'ger was cool.

-Pr-

quanchi112
I never said it was perfect, just that I preferred it. Sure it had plotholes, but I found it more watchable than TMP, which just crawled along.

Still you keep trying to make this divide. they're alternate universes within the same canon. Stop being so divisive for once. it's okay to like both. No, it isn't. Both Treks are divided and different. I fight for the honor of NuKhan. You can like both but you can't love Nu trek more than I do.

-Pr-
No, it isn't. Both Treks are divided and different. I fight for the honor of NuKhan. You can like both but you can't love Nu trek more than I do.

I already do. I also have more appreciation for it. The only thing I don't have is your man-crush on Cumberbatch. Though he was dreamy in Sherlock, that's true.

You trying to divide Trek does it a disservice that can't be undone until you accept the truth.

quanchi112
I already do. I also have more appreciation for it. The only thing I don't have is your man-crush on Cumberbatch. Though he was dreamy in Sherlock, that's true.

You trying to divide Trek does it a disservice that can't be undone until you accept the truth. This link is the first attack on the NuTrek fans. From what I gather it was voted the worst by just one hundred old Trekkies gathered together. Such a small company of men is such a worthless,small sampling that makes me happy the sales of the blu ray and the ticket sales both laugh in the face of. Into Darkness is a financial success and the show will go on. I can only hope the torch Abrams has started will continue much in the same vein.

-Pr-
Was there an actual point to what you just said?

Trying to get it rebranded as "nuTrek" like it's some separate entity, doesn't work, as even the fans of older Trek that still hate the new stuff, still recognise that it's in the same multiverse.

It's Star Trek. You're gonna have to just deal with it. At this point you just sound like one of those TNG fans that hated TOS until they got some sense.

quanchi112
Was there an actual point to what you just said?

Trying to get it rebranded as "nuTrek" like it's some separate entity, doesn't work, as even the fans of older Trek that still hate the new stuff, still recognise that it's in the same multiverse.

It's Star Trek. You're gonna have to just deal with it. At this point you just sound like one of those TNG fans that hated TOS until they got some sense. Are you serious ?

You act as if you are unaware of the clear distinction made by fans across the planet.

http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10006
--------
Everyone already knows by now that I have very little "love" for NuTrek. I think it was a fun and fast paced space action adventure flick, but poor Trek. I understand it was supposed to introduce non-Trek-fans to the world of Trek and therefore could not get too preachy or waste it's time with a "brainy" story. I get that. I actually like action and adventure. What I don't like is the lame attempt to attach this film to the trek universe through the use of the multi-verse theory and time travel, then the obvious trashing of 40 years of TV and movies.

So many things changed simply for the sake of change. If a non-fan can't tell the difference, why completely throw out what came before? Do sets, effects, and sounds really make or break a movie? WTF is with a $150 film not being able to maintain scale? That's a stupid mistake that many seem to not be bothered by, yet mention a four wheeled vehicle driven by Picard and everyone thinks THAT is stupid!

So... Nutrek sucks because it is Trek only because it is named Trek. It lacks the "soul" of Trek. It lacks the "brain" of Trek. And it lacks everything else that makes fans (like me) feel as if they are in a familar place. Some may say that familiarity is what doomed Trek, but I disagree. Good stories and great plots make or break a movie, not the little things like a thrumming warp core or beam type phasers.
---------

Acting like it is just me making a clear distinction when it is the fans, JJ Abrams actually admitting he isn't a fan of the older movies, etc.

It's out there whether you acknowledge it or not. NuTrek is better and is clearly different IMO.

You can pretend Abrams Trek is the same formula as the older Treks but don't expect the majority of the fans or anyone else to believe as much. It isn't the same at all hence my interest in Nu trek.

-Pr-
how does any of that relate to what I said?

quanchi112
how does any of that relate to what I said? It is Nu trek and while its in the same continuity it is far different. That was the agenda of Paramount to reach new fans. It worked but in the process alienated a lot of the older fans. I love the NuTrek since it is so different to the original Trek which I always found to be boring, lame, and uneventful.

NuTrek is my playground and the Nufans are here to stay. The older ones better stay out of my way!!

-Pr-
Lol. Concession accepted.

quanchi112
Lol. Concession accepted. NuKhan does not concede and neither do I, old Trekkie.

jaden101
You know what would've made Into Darkness the best Trek film of all time?...More lens flare! And Benedict Cumberbatch over-pronouncing words and moving his mouth more when speaking.

-Pr-
NuKhan does not concede and neither do I, old Trekkie.

The sooner you learn your place, junior redshirt, the better.

Originally posted by jaden101
You know what would've made Into Darkness the best Trek film of all time?...More lens flare! And Benedict Cumberbatch over-pronouncing words and moving his mouth more when speaking.

laughing out loud

To be fair, I actually like that aspect of his delivery.

jaden101
NuKhan.

You do realise what an absolute fvcking moron you look like when you use that term?

MooCowofJustice
Not to side with the forum moron, but I actually did like the new Star Trek movies. no expression

quanchi112
You do realise what an absolute fvcking moron you look like when you use that term? I realize I am in your head among many others. Not my problem.

quanchi112
The sooner you learn your place, junior redshirt, the better.

laughing out loud

To be fair, I actually like that aspect of his delivery. I am a bigger Nufan than you are. Bigger Khan fan. You can cling to the older crap for all I care.

-Pr-
I am a bigger Nufan than you are. Bigger Khan fan. You can cling to the older crap for all I care.

You're free to believe that all you like. Doesn't make it true.

quanchi112
You're free to believe that all you like. Doesn't make it true. Concession accepted.

-Pr-
lol. You'd have to have a point for me to concede to.

jaden101
I realize I am in your head among many others. Not my problem.

So you do then?...That's nice...I suppose someone has to be a total fud...Might as well be you.

quanchi112
lol. You'd have to have a point for me to concede to. I am a bigger NuTrek fan. That's not up for debate.

quanchi112
So you do then?...That's nice...I suppose someone has to be a total fud...Might as well be you. I win.

jaden101
In your tiny mind, maybe. Probably not even there, though.

quanchi112
In your tiny mind, maybe. Probably not even there, though. I won. Move on.

-Pr-
Did anyone play the game tie-in? That shit was bad.

Kazenji
Did anyone play the game tie-in? That shit was bad.

Even JJ Abram's agree's.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/star-trek/27297/jj-abrams-star-trek-videogame-hurt-star-trek-into-darkness

-Pr-
Good, because Star Trek deserves better.

Francisco
Star Trek into Darkness is awesome because finally Khan was allowed to be truly superhuman.

focus4chumps
@PR: perhaps you should post a new 'worst star trek movie ever" poll. i only suggest a mod do this since you'll likely have to expand the pole to include all 12. would be interesting to see the results.

MF DELPH
It's gotta be Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier. That movie was terrible.

-Pr-
Originally posted by focus4chumps
@PR: perhaps you should post a new 'worst star trek movie ever" poll. i only suggest a mod do this since you'll likely have to expand the pole to include all 12. would be interesting to see the results.

I can't go above 10 for some reason, but how about I make a poll that leaves out First Contact and Wrath of Khan? Both of those are considered to be, in general, two of the best Star Trek movies.

DARTH POWER
^ First Contact was the second best of the Original 10. But not as good as the new ones Imo.

I felt the TV episodes "The Best of Both Worlds," was the most epic Borg outing. Perhaps the most epic ST outing period.

-Pr-
That's fair enough. I don't think there'd be much point leaving out the new ones though, as they're more polarising and more relevant, even if they aren't the worst in the series.

MF DELPH
I liked both of the new films. I've liked pretty much all of the Trek media to varying degrees (though, like I said, Star Trek 5 was horrible).

-Pr-
Same. I prefer the new stuff to several of the other movies, and of course to most of Voyager. **** that show.

quanchi112
Into Darkness is unquestionably the best Trek yet.

-Pr-
I'd say at best it's maybe top 5.

"Unquestionably" implies fact, and we know you like to ignore those.

quanchi112
I'd say at best it's maybe top 5.

"Unquestionably" implies fact, and we know you like to ignore those. We get it already. You love the older Treks over the newer ones. I don't.

MF DELPH
Same. I prefer the new stuff to several of the other movies, and of course to most of Voyager. **** that show.

Yeah. I've been rewatching all of the shows (finished TNG and DS9, which were both great. On Voyager now) and just watched the episode where Seven of Nine has a multiple personality disorder due to a virus infecting a Borg beacon. There are some high points but by and large the show is my least favorite of all of the televised series. I like a few of the characters but a majority of them range from annoying to just not caring about them like I did characters on other series. Plus after watching DS9 and it's great recurring villains and character based storytelling Voyager leaves a lot to be desired.

Batman-Prime
The new Movies were good, some of the older were better, some were worse. It's a matter of taste.

focus4chumps
I can't go above 10 for some reason, but how about I make a poll that leaves out First Contact and Wrath of Khan?

makes sense.

of course you know this means quan won't be voting. smile

-Pr-
We get it already. You love the older Treks over the newer ones. I don't.

Swing and a miss, buddy.

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Yeah. I've been rewatching all of the shows (finished TNG and DS9, which were both great. On Voyager now) and just watched the episode where Seven of Nine has a multiple personality disorder due to a virus infecting a Borg beacon. There are some high points but by and large the show is my least favorite of all of the televised series. I like a few of the characters but a majority of them range from annoying to just not caring about them like I did characters on other series. Plus after watching DS9 and it's great recurring villains and character based storytelling Voyager leaves a lot to be desired.

Yep. That was always my thinking also.

Originally posted by focus4chumps
makes sense.

of course you know this means quan won't be voting. smile

lol, that's not my problem.

quanchi112
Swing and a miss, buddy.

Yep. That was always my thinking also.

lol, that's not my problem. I totally hit that out of the park.

-Pr-
I totally hit that out of the park.

Hit what out of the park?

quanchi112
Hit what out of the park? Figure of speech. Into Darkness is my favorite picture. Most don't agree but then again no one can say they liked this movie more than me here.

-Pr-
Sure they can. The two are not mutually exclusive.

quanchi112
Sure they can. The two are not mutually exclusive. Which trek is your favorite ?

-Pr-
Ds9.

DARTH POWER
My favorite's between Next Gen and DS9. Next Gen is the series that really got me into Trek, but then had a big thing for DS9 later.

DS9 has the better story telling and character developments whilst Next Gen has Picard and Data.

But on the big screen I only ever liked Kirk and crew.

MF DELPH
My rankings are:

1. TNG
2. DS9
3. Enterprise (more like 2B than 3. Enterprise had some very high highs despite most of the main cast being tossaway characters besides Archer, Shran, Trip, T'Pol, and Phlox. Shran alone was worth the price of admission.)
4. Voyager
5. Original Series

Q99
I can't go above 10 for some reason, but how about I make a poll that leaves out First Contact and Wrath of Khan? Both of those are considered to be, in general, two of the best Star Trek movies.

I'll comment on why I think that is- in addition to both having good writing, they each have two strong themes, one of conflict with a personal connection (Borg/Khan), the second of exploration/discovery (Genesis/the first Warp flight).

The conflict makes a good movie, but it's the exploration/discovery that makes them very good *Trek*.

Omega Vision

Shran alone was worth the price of admission.)

Pinkskin...

-Pr-
My rankings are:

1. TNG
2. DS9
3. Enterprise (more like 2B than 3. Enterprise had some very high highs despite most of the main cast being tossaway characters besides Archer, Shran, Trip, T'Pol, and Phlox. Shran alone was worth the price of admission.)
4. Voyager
5. Original Series

lol I liked Shran too, but that's mostly because Combs is an absolutely amazing actor.

For me it was:

DS9
TNG
ENT (though only seasons 3 + 4)
TOS
VOY

Originally posted by Q99
I'll comment on why I think that is- in addition to both having good writing, they each have two strong themes, one of conflict with a personal connection (Borg/Khan), the second of exploration/discovery (Genesis/the first Warp flight).

The conflict makes a good movie, but it's the exploration/discovery that makes them very good *Trek*.

I think both in their own way made it good Trek, but for the most part I agree with you.

Omega Vision
For me it's
DS9 (Though the first two seasons were a little slow, no other Trek show has anything that can touch the three season long Dominion War arc.)
Next Gen
ENT (Though on an episode by episode basis I would rank it slightly above TNG--it's also more entertaining, but the characters aren't quite as deep)
TOS (before I watched the whole series--which I just finished--I would have said that there's a big gap between ENT and TOS, but now I don't think that gap is that big)

Voyager

Oh, also...

rX24a4ZrW9w

-Pr-
DS9 is, for me, probably my favourite use of an over-reaching arc in television. Period. Sure there were the filler episodes, but when it got good, it got really good, and was the best Star Trek that had ever been produced.

Also it was the most realistic, imo.

Shakyamunison
I liked it!

Badabing

So yeah. I think that's just a bit silly. I might not rate it as highly as First Contact or Wrath, but it still shits all over Motion Picture and Final Frontier. Quan thinking Into Darkenss is the best Trek movie makes me reconsider that article. mmm

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Quan thinking Into Darkenss is the best Trek movie makes me reconsider that article. mmm

Good point.

Badabing
laughing out loud

durcan

DrDeadpool
Into darkness was awesome , how could it be named worst Star trek movie!!

Q99
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
Into darkness was awesome , how could it be named worst Star trek movie!!

Because people weren't thinking about V, Insurrection, or Nemesis.

Stealth Moose
Pretty sure Insurrection wins. That plot was horrible.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Pretty sure Insurrection wins. That plot was horrible.

I think it was just slightly better then 5.

Stealth Moose
I haven't seen V in awhile, so quite possibly. But Insurrection was horrid. I have not seen Nemesis yet though I intend to; the reviews were so scathing and I found out apparently that the director had never seen a TNG episode, so I stayed away.

jaden101
I didn't mind Nemesis. Weird seeing a skinny Tom Hardy though.

Stealth Moose
Yeah, I did see pics of him in it. Very odd.

Mindship
Best Trek movie will be when they make Peter David's novel, "Vendetta", into a film.

Stealth Moose
The Wiki plot summary is atrociously written. What is it about?

Mindship
The Wiki plot summary is atrociously written. What is it about? The wiki plot summary leaves out the best parts, but it is, essentially, a Borg vs Doomsday Machine story. But there are also lots of "cameos" from other Trek characters or conventions (nanites, Tholians, etc), all trying to deal with this woman controlling the Doomsday Machine and her revenge agenda against the Borg.

You know those "big movies" where they have lots of big star actors in it (an "ensemble" movie, I suppose)? This is like a Star Trek novel version of it.

Stealth Moose
Veddy interesting, sir.

Q99
I haven't seen V in awhile, so quite possibly. But Insurrection was horrid. I have not seen Nemesis yet though I intend to; the reviews were so scathing and I found out apparently that the director had never seen a TNG episode, so I stayed away.

V was bad, but in a way that one could still have fun with.

Insurrection was bad in a much more bleh way.

-Pr-
Both Insurrection and V try to do more comedy than I think Star Trek should, and both are bad, though personally I find Insurrection to be slightly more enjoyable.

Nemesis is just... Ugh. And as someone mentioned already, it was directed by someone who didn't have a clue about Star Trek.

The only saving grace was the designs of those Romulan ships. Those were gorgeous.

Stealth Moose
I'm not so sure about the Scimitar; while it's an amazingly righteous ship in every way, it just looks so weird next to other Romulan ships.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.