Combat Speed!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Minus Flashes and Zoom...

What character has thrown the most punches and kicks during combat along with showing the best blitz. Please dont provide showings where we have to guess how many hits are thrown. Provide QUANTIFIABLE scans.

I would like to bring up Northstar. He has thrown a thousand punches in less than a second. Heralds or below, please.

-Pr-
superman.

Damborgson
This was a good one

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/2756642-30.jpg

carver9
I forgot about that ft. Nice scan Damborgson.

-Pr-
So Ock can count them, now?

carver9
Writers intention. I think the original scan said hundreds of blows though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Writers intention. I think the original scan said hundreds of blows though.

Writer's intent isn't some magic excuse. Plus, usually writer intent is done in narration, not in thoughts.

Now, Speed Demon might well be capable of such a feat. Using Ock as a baseline for proving it, though, isn't a good idea.

carver9
How else would we have known how many punches SD thrown? Narration rarely exist in comics. The displayed power is usually voiced by the character.

-Pr-
How else would we have known how many punches SD thrown? Narration rarely exist in comics. The displayed power is usually voiced by the character.

...What? Narration is used all the time.

Usually when we see speed feats that a character talks about, the character thinking about it has the proven reflexes to be able to actually count the number.

Does Spidey-Ock have those reflexes? If so, fine. If not, you're pushing it.

LeonBuco666
Professor zoomwink

abhilegend
So ock can count them but can't react to them?

laughing out loud

CosmicComet
Originally posted by abhilegend
So ock can count them but can't react to them?

laughing out loud

Lol right?

Ock must perceive things so fast that he must see his own body as moving in slow motion.

"Oh dear, here comes blow number 556. I've been counting. Still can't move my body out of the way. Too slow."

LeonBuco666
Haha^hahaha

Branlor Swift
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9817/zoompunch1qv3.th.jpg

It appears the more punches you land, the weaker they are, but this tops anything

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by -Pr-
superman. Scans?

ODG
Originally posted by Damborgson
This was a good one

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/2756642-30.jpg Other than Flashes and Zoom, this is probably the best I've seen. Thousands in a fraction of a second.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by -Pr-
Writer's intent isn't some magic excuse. Plus, usually writer intent is done in narration, not in thoughts.

Now, Speed Demon might well be capable of such a feat. Using Ock as a baseline for proving it, though, isn't a good idea. octavius is smarter than pa kent

-K-M-
Zoom feat wins....

Here's Northstar doing the Speed Demon feat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Two-in-One084_22.jpg

A thousand blows hit before he even registered he was being attacked as per the Narration. Ranark didn't have time to count himself shifty

Damborgson
Originally posted by psycho gundam
octavius is smarter than pa kent

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvjr64QHtN1qk7hwl.png

Mindset
octavius is smarter than pa kent thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus

laughing out loud

eaebiakuya
Flash:
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/WallyWestRespect/100timesasecond2.jpg

Zoom:
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r597/unclecluster/Miscelania/WonderWoman21416.jpg

Ironman:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/3853/991534-iron_speed.jpg

eaebiakuya
Silver Surfer:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/SilverSurfer_Rune-14.jpghttp://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/37144/1385958-screenshot184.jpg

carver9
OP states, no flashes or Zoom.

ODG
Originally posted by -K-M-
Zoom feat wins....

Here's Northstar doing the Speed Demon feat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Two-in-One084_22.jpg

A thousand blows hit before he even registered he was being attacked as per the Narration. Ranark didn't have time to count himself shifty Speed Demon feat looks far better.

Endless Mike
Please. You wouldn't know what quantification was if it came up and smacked you over the head with a slide rule.

-K-M-
Originally posted by ODG
Speed Demon feat looks far better.

Better? Ok, but that's debatable, but why is it far better? Their both landing thousand blows in a fraction of a second.

ODG
Better? Ok, but that's debatable, but why is it far better? Their both landing thousand blows in a fraction of a second. Because one of them rained thousands of blows in a fraction of a second and the other did not.

-K-M-
Originally posted by ODG
Because one of them rained thousands of blows in a fraction of a second and the other did not.

Eh? Northstar hit Ranark (who was a god-like being) a thousand times before he even knew he was being attacked. That's literally a fraction of a second too

We don't even know if it was Doc exaggerating either, while in Northstar's case in was the narration that stated it

ODG
Eh? Northstar hit Ranark (who was a god-like being) a thousand times before he even knew he was being attacked. That's literally a fraction of a second too No, it's not.

-K-M-
A god like being hit a thousand times before he even knew was being attacked isn't a split second attack? Interesting. Pain receptors for most cases only need a split second to register in the brain.

So Doc registered his blows, and as mentioned earlier did he count them too? Sounds more like exaggeration then anything concerning Doc.

Bentley
It probably took five hours to Ranark to notice Northstar, he's so powerful he didn't even felt those puny punches.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Bentley
It probably took five hours to Ranark to notice Northstar, he's so powerful he didn't even felt those puny punches.

shifty

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AF29.jpg

ODG
A god like being hit a thousand times before he even knew was being attacked isn't a split second attack? Interesting. It's not interesting. It's just not the same. At all. Originally posted by -K-M-
So Doc registered his blows, and as mentioned earlier did he count them too? I can't tell whether or not you're being intentionally obtuse just because Northstar's feat doesn't compare. In either case, let me address this non sequitur. Your disbelief over the "counting" glosses over the obvious fact: Octavius didn't count, he quantified. Octavius wasn't doing his Sesame Street Count "1-2-3 bats" exercises while getting pummeled. He generalized a number that reached in the thousands. Octavius could have been hit anywhere between 2000x and 10000x times and his statement would be completely accurate. That quantification has a huge generalized range and doesn't concern itself with accuracy of counting. So your disbelief that Otto has the ability to count thousands of hits is a complete non sequitur.

Now if you want to argue that Otto cannot have the ability to quantify thousands of hits, then go ahead and make that argument. But I'd like to think that even you would at least admit the notion that Octavius probably knows the difference between dozens, hundreds and thousands.

And if that really strains your credulity, or in case you're thinking of dragging out this conversation with feigned befuddlement, consider this example: I can look at a stadium crowd in a moment -- without being a meta enhanced, bullet-timing super-genius -- and tell the difference between dozens of people in the stands, hundreds of people in the stands, and thousands of people in the stands.

Knowing the quantitative difference between dozens, hundreds and thousands isn't a feat of superspeed counting. It's rather unextraordinary and unconscious... even in everyday life. Originally posted by -K-M-
Sounds more like exaggeration then anything concerning Doc. Still far better than Northstar's feat.

-K-M-
My that was a long winded response and basically you using big words to appear smart *Golf clap* I shall leave it to the others decide, but there is no way those two feats are the best out there regardless.

Also an exaggeration means "to represent as greater than is actually the case; overstate" and guess what even smart people exaggerate too. Not sure why this is news.

ODG
My that was a long winded response and basically you using big words to appear smart *Golf clap* I shall leave it to the others decide, but there is no way those two feats are the best out there regardless. Your stunned silence and inability to manufacture a response has nothing to do with my diction.Originally posted by -K-M-
Also an exaggeration means "to represent as greater than is actually the case; overstate" and guess what even smart people exaggerate too. Not sure why this is news. This has nothing to do with what I said. Somehow, not surprising.

-K-M-
haha what? you didn't even really talk about what I brought up. You just posted a long winded response that really answered nothing. Now you will reply with a predictable response saying blah blah blah your inability to correlate a response dictates the lack of credibility in your argument, etc.

Me leaving to others to decide is not a tactic, it's because I couldn't careless as I strongly believe neither of the feats are the best out there so doesn't even matter to debate the issue.

ODG
haha what? you didn't even really talk about what I brought up. Irony.

-K-M-
Predictable.

ODG
Predictable. Yes, pointing out your irony is becoming predictable. Somehow this is supposed to be my fault.

-K-M-
haha what? Seriously do you look in the mirror every morning and try to out smug yourself? You didn't answer what I was talking about, and then you say I didn't answer what you were talking about and now here we are. Guess the difference is I really don't care about the issue to pursue the matter further. If you want the last word....have it *shrugs*

ODG
haha what? Seriously do you look in the mirror every morning and try to out smug yourself? You didn't answer what I was talking about, and then you say I didn't answer what you were talking about and now here we are. Guess the difference is I really don't care about the issue to pursue the matter further. If you want the last word....have it *shrugs* Clearly what I should be doing is deflecting from your arguments by making fun of your vocabulary while ignoring your explanations for your position (that I asked for) and then get personal. To top it off, I then have to pretend I don't care.

I haven't seen this maneuver before!

-K-M-
There you got the last word, glad that's over with.

Now back on topic, does manga count? I don't really follow it, but I remember someone posted a scan of a character hitting a mountain with 20,000 blows or something in "a blink of an eye"

ODG
There you got the last word, glad that's over with. Clearly, you have deconstructed my entire schtick since you were able to predict that I would type a post on a message board where people type posts. I'm also glad that you took the time to remind everyone who cares about your amazing precog powers.

No, wait- ... that's wrong. Nobody cares. And certainly not you. You made that clear when you decided to stop discussing the thread topic completely.

-K-M-
aaaaaand you got your last word on your last word?

I actually don't care, hence why I tried to get back on topic *shrugs*

EDIT: I just asked a question about the topic, how does that mean I'm done discussing this topic again?

ODG
aaaaaand you got your last word on your last word? Clearly, you have deconstructed my entire schtick since you were able to predict that I would type a post on a message board where people type posts. I'm also glad that you took the time to remind everyone who cares about your amazing precog powers.Originally posted by -K-M-
I actually don't care, hence why I tried to get back on topic *shrugs* No, wait- ... that's wrong. Nobody cares. And certainly not you. You made that clear when you decided to stop discussing the thread topic completely.

ODG
Waitaminute... mhmm

That all sounds familiar. And a word comes to mind... what is it... hmm... oh! That's right: Originally posted by -K-M-
Predictable. EDIT: Also... Originally posted by -K-M-
EDIT: I just asked a question about the topic, how does that mean I'm done discussing this topic again? That's just a miscommunication due to your editing your previous post. I was referring to when the conversation went downhill on the previous page.

-K-M-
Cool thumb up Glad that's settled.

Anyways.....manga allowed or no?

ODG
^ I think if manga were allowed, this might devolve into a DBZ vs. mainstream comics thread. It's up to carver9 though.

If I could make a suggestion though to him if manga is fair game, since we're keeping Flash and Zoom out of it already, let's just keep DBZ out of it too.

-K-M-
I think that's fair, I'm sure Superman has a feat comparable if not better then what has been listed. I've seen him do a hundred blows in a second in a few instance, not sure about thousand but I wouldn't be surprised.

ODG
^ carver9 is relishing every single second that goes by without someone posting a definitive scan of Superman topping Speed Demon and Northstar. Don't take that away from him.

uhuh

Also, I can't recall of the top of my head where Superman threw hundreds of blows in a second. Can I haz teh scans plz?

-K-M-
Yep, just heading to work now. I'll try to track them down when I'm done.

Oh and BTW I wasn't debating that the speed demon feat was better then Northstar, but the far better part. Just want to make that clear.

eaebiakuya
I dont think DBZ has any quantificable " combat speed feats"

-Pr-

laughing out loud

I didn't get it, but I still laughed.

CosmicComet
Superman has casually moved his entire body at a fraction of what was already a fraction of a nanosecond.

Speed Demon doesn't rate.

SamZED
Are people seriously surprised at Ock counting those punches? Bullet-time reflexes combined with a super computer for a brain should do the trick. Hell, Parker was shown processing thoughts of several thousand people simultaneously but this you guys consider an exaggeration?

Bentley
It's a bit disturbing to see how ODG flirts with KM ermm

-Pr-
Originally posted by SamZED
Are people seriously surprised at Ock counting those punches? Bullet-time reflexes combined with a super computer for a brain should do the trick. Hell, Parker was shown processing thoughts of several thousand people simultaneously but this you guys consider an exaggeration?

All I asked for was another example. shrug

celeyhyga17
It's a bit disturbing to see how ODG flirts with KM ermm
Maybe he's Canadian too.

-K-M-
I got no ill will towards ODG, but does anyone have the scan of Superman using super speed punches on Ultraman (Happened in the Trinity series). I can't recall if they stated how many punches per second he landed.

ID is the go to person for manga stuff, sure he could pull up some examples.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by SamZED

Well the problem is, why can he count them yet can't seem to react to them?

This implies that his perception speed is immensely faster than his movement speed. Which means his own body will feel extremely slow to him. We obviously know that Ock does not consider his own speed to be slow.

At best we can say he made an educated guesstimate based on any prior knowledge of Speed Demon he may have from Parker's memories and/or a combination with any footage/data he may already have on his speed level.

So in the end, there's still room for it to work.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Because it's a comic book.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Because it's a comic book.

Does that mean the sh!t is stupid as hell?

abhilegend
I got no ill will towards ODG, but does anyone have the scan of Superman using super speed punches on Ultraman (Happened in the Trinity series). I can't recall if they stated how many punches per second he landed.

ID is the go to person for manga stuff, sure he could pull up some examples.
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_trinity13p06zw7.jpg

He has fought fast enough to create sonic booms with slightest motion too.

SamZED

This implies that his perception speed is immensely faster than his movement speed. Which means his own body will feel extremely slow to him. We obviously know that Ock does not consider his own speed to be slow.

At best we can say he made an educated guesstimate based on any prior knowledge of Speed Demon he may have from Parker's memories and/or a combination with any footage/data he may already have on his speed level.

So in the end, there's still room for it to work. Spider-man's perception speed was always said to be > his actual speed. At some point a particular number was given iirc. So I dont see a problem with it. Think Mr X's fight with Quicksilver. He saw them coming but couldn't do a thing about it. That said, it doesn't mean he always sees the world in slow mo. If that was the case any character who can see and react to speeding bullets should die of boredom in a middle of any conversation.

carver9
Best punching ft so far is the Speed Demon ft.

"Id"
If Manga is included. Aiolia of Leo, can land a billion strikes per second.

ODG
Best punching ft so far is the Speed Demon ft. thumb up

And upon further reflection, Northstar's feat isn't that far below it.

Also, smh @ this so-called conundrum over Otto superspeed counting.

-K-M-
Originally posted by "Id"
If Manga is included. Aiolia of Leo, can land a billion strikes per second.

Knew you would be the go to person for that. Have a scan? I don't know much about manga/anime.

ODG
If Manga is included. Aiolia of Leo, can land a billion strikes per second. Is he below Trans per the OP?

"Id"
The English Run has not been scanned, and a scanlation group has yet to finish the series.

But the technique is called Lightning Plasma. This is how it looks in action.
Gl9Xc6wSVq4

A description of what happened in that scene, is explained here: I will translate it for you.
"With Lightning Plasma, a billion strikes per second are launched, defeating those who come within his proximity. "
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541809_082.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541810_083.jpg

eaebiakuya
This databook is correct ?

Because in the manga he attacked with 100.000 millions punches per second. I think he never attacked with 1 billion.

"Id"
Yeah thats the Data Book. Saint Seiya Encyclopedia (Taizen), if it matters its supervised by the Author himself.

I believe we never get a hit count of Lightning Plasma in the Manga, only in the Databook.

In the Manga it generalizes, and states all Gold Saints, and wielders of the 7th Sense are capable of striking 100 million times per second.

"Id"
Here is one for the crowd.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541943_Bastard_v22_c21_-_082-083.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541944_Bastard_v22_c21_-_084.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541945_Bastard_v22_c21_-_085.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541946_Bastard_v22_c21_-_086.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541947_Bastard_v22_c21_-_087.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541949_Bastard_v22_c21_-_088-089.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541950_Bastard_v22_c21_-_090.jpg

Branlor Swift
This thread just got way too Japanese, and not in a good DBZ way

Galan007
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This thread just got way too Japanese, and not in a good DBZ way Hear, hear.

eaebiakuya
I believe we never get a hit count of Lightning Plasma in the Manga, only in the Databook.

We got, in the Aiolia vs Seiya battle:

http://i.imgur.com/iCZ6IrN.jpg?1?9015

100.000.000 per second.

carver9
Here is one for the crowd.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541943_Bastard_v22_c21_-_082-083.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541944_Bastard_v22_c21_-_084.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541945_Bastard_v22_c21_-_085.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541946_Bastard_v22_c21_-_086.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541947_Bastard_v22_c21_-_087.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541949_Bastard_v22_c21_-_088-089.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541950_Bastard_v22_c21_-_090.jpg

Who is that fighting? By the way, that fighting speed is CRAZY.

Yamcha
Who is that fighting? By the way, that fighting speed is CRAZY. Dark Schneider vs Uriel I believe

Damborgson
The English Run has not been scanned, and a scanlation group has yet to finish the series.

But the technique is called Lightning Plasma. This is how it looks in action.
Gl9Xc6wSVq4

A description of what happened in that scene, is explained here: I will translate it for you.
"With Lightning Plasma, a billion strikes per second are launched, defeating those who come within his proximity. "
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541809_082.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16541810_083.jpg

Thanks for the nostalgia thumb up

"Id"
Eaebiakuya I stand corrected.

@Carver - Manga: Bastard!
Majin Dark Schneider vs Fallen Angel Uriel.

"Id"
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thanks for the nostalgia thumb up
No prob. The manga is still being serialized, with the reavelstion of a new Gold Saint the 13th Zodiac.

-K-M-
ID I think I saw scans from Fist of the North Star (I think that's what it was) where the character punched a mountain 20,000 times in a second, do you have those scans? They were properly posted like 6+ months ago.

"Id"
I have the entire series, I just dont know where to look. Its been years since I last read FotNS.

-K-M-
Oh ok, couldn't remember if it was you or someone else that posted it. It might not even been from that series, I'm pretty ignorant about most manga/animes series.

Bentley
This thread just got way too Japanese, and not in a good DBZ way

Saint Seiya is huge in Europe.

carver9
Manga characters have insane combat speed showings...even the most basic non Herald like characters outclass Marvel/DC speedsters when it comes to that.

How many times the speed of light is it to punch 100 millions times a second.?

eaebiakuya
Manga characters have insane combat speed showings...even the most basic non Herald like characters outclass Marvel/DC speedsters when it comes to that.

The manga says it is lightspeed.

CosmicComet

It's relativistic, last I recall.

I believe I calc'd it before and it would take roughly 300 to 400 million punches a second to equal 'lightspeed punching'.

Branlor Swift

I believe I calc'd it before and it would take roughly 300 to 400 million punches a second to equal 'lightspeed punching'. Frank Mir could do that

CosmicComet
Chris Weidman could do that

Fix'd

Branlor Swift
Weidman's content with only throwing two punches in a row. Hasn't failed yet.

CosmicComet
But those two punches only take half a nanosecond each.

carver9

I believe I calc'd it before and it would take roughly 300 to 400 million punches a second to equal 'lightspeed punching'.

So which is more impressive; thowing a 100 million punches a second or throwing 1 light speed punch?

-Pr-
Guys, Manga, really?

CosmicComet
So which is more impressive; thowing a 100 million punches a second or throwing 1 light speed punch?

It's a comparison of stamina now, this question.

It depends how long the lightspeed puncher can go.

Its possible he could tire out at only 1000 punches.

If I averaged 2 punches a second for 8 to 9 minutes straight, that would put me at 1000+ punches.

Someone who punches at 100 million times per second, if their reflexes are on par with the speed of their punches, imagine how ****ing long that 1 second must feel to them.

It would take me over a year to do that if I could still average 2 punches a second for that long.

carver9
It's a comparison of stamina now, this question.

It depends how long the lightspeed puncher can go.

Its possible he could tire out at only 1000 punches.

If I averaged 2 punches a second for 8 to 9 minutes straight, that would put me at 1000+ punches.

Someone who punches at 100 million times per second, if their reflexes are on par with the speed of their punches, imagine how ****ing long that 1 second must feel to them.

It would take me over a year to do that if I could still average 2 punches a second for that long.

I know. The light speed only get to punch once and its a light speed punch. The other puncher hit someone a 100 million times in one second. Which is more impressive.?

Branlor Swift
I know. The light speed only get to punch once and its a light speed punch. The other puncher hit someone a 100 million times in one second. Which is more impressive.?

Comic law indicates that one punch > hundreds and upwards of punches.

CosmicComet

Again its a stamina vs speed question.

Apples to Oranges.

"Id"

If you move at light speed, you should be able to strike 149,896,229 per second..one handed.

The person that can punch at light speed.

carver9
Again its a stamina vs speed question.

Apples to Oranges.

Lets say if both of them have the stamina of Flash, Barry.

"Id"
Lets say if both of them have the stamina of Flash, Barry.

If you punch at light speed with one hand, you should be able to land 149,896,229 punches per second.

carver9
If you punch at light speed with one hand, you should be able to land 149,896,229 punches per second.

Ok...so 1 light speed punch is>>100 million punches per second. Doesn't sound right to me but whatever.

Mindset
Ok...so 1 light speed punch is>>100 million punches per second. Doesn't sound right to me but whatever. It's pretty simple to figure out.

Just use this math stuff I've been hearing good things about.

Branlor Swift
Ok...so 1 light speed punch is>>100 million punches per second. Doesn't sound right to me but whatever. 1 light speed punch is only one punch in 150 million punches in a second.

Technically, that many punches would be 150 million times 1 light speed punch. But yes, one light speed punch would be 1/3 faster that what you said

But that's not how it works in comics ever, that many punches being effective I mean. 1 light speed punch is like the ultimate in comics.

carver9
1 light speed punch is only one punch in 150 million punches in a second.

Technically, that many punches would be 150 million times 1 light speed punch. But yes, one light speed punch would be 1/3 faster that what you said

But that's not how it works in comics ever.

Make sense and I can see what you mean by comics and real world standards.

"Id"
e=mc2, that one punch at light speed would yield tremendous force.

Mindset
Einstein didn't know shit about physics.

If he were so smart, then why is he dead?

"Id"
Now if Leo strikes a billion times per second, that would mean he moves at 6.6 times the speed of light.

Branlor Swift
e=mc2, that one punch at light speed would yield tremendous force. 1 light speed punch in comics will always devastate someone's butthole.

150 million in a second would maybe make someone sneeze. Put them off balance a little.

Bentley
Originally posted by Mindset
Einstein didn't know shit about physics.

If he were so smart, then why is he dead?

Stop being antisemitic Mindset.

Mindset
No.

Bentley
I tried awesr

CosmicComet
Stop being antisemitic Mindset.

The Germans had the right idea.

Bentley
The Germans had the right idea.

Einstein was german evil face

CosmicComet
As Kimbo said, the enemy...is the inner me...

ODG
1 light speed punch is only one punch in 150 million punches in a second.

But that's not how it works in comics ever, that many punches being effective I mean. 1 light speed punch is like the ultimate in comics. I've noticed that when the singular light speed punch is used in a scene, its devastating power is usually attributed to the laws of special relativity being preserved, i.e., an Infinite Mass Punch. The character is utilizing his increasing mass for great power but also greatly suffers from the strain of the approaching infinite mass acting on their body. Hence why it's typically used only once.

Multiple punches where the arms are moving at light speed or when the character is simply flying at light speed should behave the same way but they don't. Likely because the laws of special relativity are being ignored -- by powersets (Speedforce) or out of simple convenience. So the punches do not have anywhere close to the power demonstrated by IMPs and are more akin to a flurry of light jabs because the laws of special relativity aren't being preserved there.

But this happens all the time in comics and is more the norm than anything else, otherwise every time a character flies at near light speed, he is propelling his own near infinite mass forward.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by ODG
I've noticed that when the singular light speed punch is used in a scene, its devastating power is usually attributed to the laws of special relativity being preserved, i.e., an Infinite Mass Punch. The character is utilizing his increasing mass for great power but also greatly suffers from the strain of the approaching infinite mass acting on their body. Hence why it's typically used only once.

Multiple punches where the arms are moving at light speed or when the character is simply flying at light speed should behave the same way but they don't. Likely because the laws of special relativity are being ignored -- by powersets (Speedforce) or out of simple convenience. So the punches do not have anywhere close to the power demonstrated by IMPs and are more akin to a flurry of light jabs because the laws of special relativity aren't being preserved there.

But this happens all the time in comics and is more the norm than anything else, otherwise every time a character flies at near light speed, he is propelling his own near infinite mass forward. Pretty much.

Technically every character should be able to produce the same result with a punch if they can travel at light speed, but as far as I know this has only been attributed to Flash in comics.

And a blitz attack is for whatever reason just a mosquito bites, as opposed to lightspeed punches millions of times. That's comics for ya though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.