Eclipso Vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Eclipso with the full power of the Heart of Darkness.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/EC_zps2978dc32.jpeg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/OD_zps2225a5c7.jpg

quanchi112
Odin, easily.

operator616
How?

in countdown to mystery, Eclipso - with the heart of darkness - was able to stalemate the spectre (Crispus Allen) for an entire day before he eventually lost.

beatboks
Originally posted by operator616
How?

in countdown to mystery, Eclipso - with the heart of darkness - was able to stalemate the spectre (Crispus Allen) for an entire day before he eventually lost.

That as I recall wasnt even with the "full" HoD. We've never seen Eclipso with the full HoD only many of the shards. It's like taking about a fully fed Galactus, everything is pure speculation

quanchi112
Originally posted by operator616
How?

in countdown to mystery, Eclipso - with the heart of darkness - was able to stalemate the spectre (Crispus Allen) for an entire day before he eventually lost. What does this have to do with Odin ?

Golgo13
Originally posted by beatboks
That as I recall wasnt even with the "full" HoD. We've never seen Eclipso with the full HoD only many of the shards. It's like taking about a fully fed Galactus, everything is pure speculation

Nah, it was, IIRC.

beatboks
Originally posted by Golgo13
Nah, it was, IIRC.

No It wasn't. It was a a version of the HOD formed by a loyal ( and willing) servant of Eclipso. It however was not formed using ALL the shards of the original. It was formed using the shards that Alex Montez liquified and injected into himself. If you want proof that it wasn't the FULL HOD remember that Bruce Gordan throughout the series still held onto to one of the shards and was accessing and using Eclipso's power himself with it. When he was shown the new formed HOD and was made to allow Eclipso out Eclipso destroyed his crystal because he had altered it to be a weapon against his control (either issue 5 or 6). The Jean Loring Eclispo was also elsewhere throughout. That's at least two shards proven as missing already.

Also that version of Spectre was far from his peak of power. He had just started to take on Crispus as a host/bond and was well bellow his peak.

LeonBuco666
Crispus allen spectre is actually one of the weaker versions also.

Golgo13
No It wasn't. It was a a version of the HOD formed by a loyal ( and willing) servant of Eclipso. It however was not formed using ALL the shards of the original. It was formed using the shards that Alex Montez liquified and injected into himself. If you want proof that it wasn't the FULL HOD remember that Bruce Gordan throughout the series still held onto to one of the shards and was accessing and using Eclipso's power himself with it. When he was shown the new formed HOD and was made to allow Eclipso out Eclipso destroyed his crystal because he had altered it to be a weapon against his control (either issue 5 or 6). The Jean Loring Eclispo was also elsewhere throughout. That's at least two shards proven as missing already.

Also that version of Spectre was far from his peak of power. He had just started to take on Crispus as a host/bond and was well bellow his peak.

Are you referring to this Eclipso? I thought he joined with the HOD as was stated in the pic. Anyway, this version was still a beast.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/EC_zps2040633b.jpg

beatboks
Originally posted by Golgo13
Are you referring to this Eclipso? I thought he joined with the HOD as was stated in the pic. Anyway, this version was still a beast.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/EC_zps2040633b.jpg

yes I'm referring to that Eclipso. His servant had reformed
the HOD and he merged
with it. The HOD however didn't have ALL the shards of the original. panels after he merged ( having been released from Bruce Gordan) he crushed and destroyed the shard Bruce had altered to undo Eclipso's control of Plas, Creeper etc. in the same ark Jean Loring ( also possessed by a shard) was shown to be on Apokalips with Darkseid. as I said even that was not with the "FULL" Heart of Darkness. frankly he had better feats during the crossover series where he fathered many of the shards and soloed the DCU

Stoic
IMO certain versions of Eclipso would shit all over Odin, while certain other versions would be shit on. I'd pay to see a G'orr vs Eclipso match though. RK Thor would be quite entertaining as well.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
IMO certain versions of Eclipso would shit all over Odin, while certain other versions would be shit on. I'd pay to see a G'orr vs Eclipso match though. RK Thor would be quite entertaining as well. What versions would shit all over Odin ?

beatboks
Originally posted by quanchi112
What versions would shit all over Odin ?

For one the version for this ark
http://www.comicvine.com/eclipso-the-darkness-within/4045-40771/

During "Eclispo: the Darkness within" he gathered hundred of the shards of the destroyed Heart of Darkness ( each containing an aspect of him and a portion of his power) and was able to solo all the DCU. He was able to possess and control about half of Earths heroes and a few others from other planets.

Also the one in JLA "Eclipso Rising" Though that wasn't "just" his power. he used his shadow and soul power to gain control of Jade and through that steal the Starheart from Alan. Using it he killed the Spectre and cut of the Presence from his power.

There was also the time he defeated the Corrigan Spectre, though to be fair he had managed to seer the link the Spectre had with Corrigan before the battle ( making him unbound which is a weaker power level). Once Corrigan regained the connection he kicked Eclipso's shadowy but reforemd the HoD and imprisoned him in it anew.

In the Phantom Stranger 4 issue mini ( 84/5 IIRC) he was so powerful that the Stranger's power could not even affect him

quanchi112
For one the version for this ark
http://www.comicvine.com/eclipso-the-darkness-within/4045-40771/

During "Eclispo: the Darkness within" he gathered hundred of the shards of the destroyed Heart of Darkness ( each containing an aspect of him and a portion of his power) and was able to solo all the DCU. He was able to possess and control about half of Earths heroes and a few others from other planets.

Also the one in JLA "Eclipso Rising" Though that wasn't "just" his power. he used his shadow and soul power to gain control of Jade and through that steal the Starheart from Alan. Using it he killed the Spectre and cut of the Presence from his power.

There was also the time he defeated the Corrigan Spectre, though to be fair he had managed to seer the link the Spectre had with Corrigan before the battle ( making him unbound which is a weaker power level). Once Corrigan regained the connection he kicked Eclipso's shadowy but reforemd the HoD and imprisoned him in it anew.

In the Phantom Stranger 4 issue mini ( 84/5 IIRC) he was so powerful that the Stranger's power could not even affect him So you are including amps and prep which is not fair at all.

beatboks
So you are including amps and prep which is not fair at all.

The first feat I mentioned and gave a link to is not amps. It is in fact the only time we have seen Eclipso CLOSE to his full power.

Eclipso was the avatar of the Presence's wrath in the days of the old testament before he got in touch with his feminine side and replaced him with Aztar ( Spectre) who is instead his avatar of vengeance. Technically he has all the power of Specre but a BLOODLUSTED version. When he was removed as the avatar of wrath Aztar imprisoned him within a crystal called the Heart of Darkness. it was shattered into millions of pieces. Each piece contains a VERY small aspect of the overall being. These "small aspects" are all we normally see of Eclipso.

In short the versions I've mentioned are below the power level of the Eclipso mentioned in the OP (i.e. with the FULL Heart Of Darkness), but are the closest examples we have because we have never actually seen his power at that level on panel.

quanchi112
The first feat I mentioned and gave a link to is not amps. It is in fact the only time we have seen Eclipso CLOSE to his full power.

Eclipso was the avatar of the Presence's wrath in the days of the old testament before he got in touch with his feminine side and replaced him with Aztar ( Spectre) who is instead his avatar of vengeance. Technically he has all the power of Specre but a BLOODLUSTED version. When he was removed as the avatar of wrath Aztar imprisoned him within a crystal called the Heart of Darkness. it was shattered into millions of pieces. Each piece contains a VERY small aspect of the overall being. These "small aspects" are all we normally see of Eclipso.

In short the versions I've mentioned are below the power level of the Eclipso mentioned in the OP (i.e. with the FULL Heart Of Darkness), but are the closest examples we have because we have never actually seen his power at that level on panel. retconnned. Odin can stop time if we want to go this cbr route.

Bentley
Is Odin koing himself with a headbutt?

beatboks
retconnned. Odin can stop time if we want to go this cbr route.

I didn't create the thread Golio did. he listed full power of the heart of darkness in the OP. HoD isn't a part of the Nu52 gemworld version so clearly the one in this fight has 't been retconned.

You asked which versions of Eclipso could take Odin easily and I told you. You claim they are amps so I point out that the OP lists a greater amp than any as stipulated conditions ( an amp actually greater than any we have ever seen for the character so in fact the feats I mentioned arent amps). As for time stop so freakin what two of the characters I mentioned in the last post that these lower versions of the character beat can two. Eclipso without having the FULL power of the HoD has defeated several sky fathers. I don't see him having to hard a fight against one with it's full power. Without the full power of the HoD he has defeated his universes equivilent to TOAA. It's a ridiculous match up because for one character we are talking completely undefined power levels. I don't as a rule like matches where ine side has no defined limits to impose on any aspect of their power which is what we have here.

Inhuman
DAT FACE

http://i.imgur.com/dyXdEXZ.jpg

quanchi112
I didn't create the thread Golio did. he listed full power of the heart of darkness in the OP. HoD isn't a part of the Nu52 gemworld version so clearly the one in this fight has 't been retconned.

You asked which versions of Eclipso could take Odin easily and I told you. You claim they are amps so I point out that the OP lists a greater amp than any as stipulated conditions ( an amp actually greater than any we have ever seen for the character so in fact the feats I mentioned arent amps). As for time stop so freakin what two of the characters I mentioned in the last post that these lower versions of the character beat can two. Eclipso without having the FULL power of the HoD has defeated several sky fathers. I don't see him having to hard a fight against one with it's full power. Without the full power of the HoD he has defeated his universes equivilent to TOAA. It's a ridiculous match up because for one character we are talking completely undefined power levels. I don't as a rule like matches where ine side has no defined limits to impose on any aspect of their power which is what we have here. Since the dcnu the burden is on you to prove it is in continuity.

Odins feats and portrayals are consistently above Eclipsos. Paints a pretty clear picture.

Bentley
Since the dcnu the burden is on you to prove it is in continuity.

It's not in that continuity but it certainly exists in another continuity. You are for whatever reason assuming we debate a character that doesn't exist?

Next time you will want to debate Spider-Man in the DCNu *shrughs*

Odins feats and portrayals are consistently above Eclipsos.

Maybe that's why the OP gave Eclipso such a huge power up. Who cares? The point is that Odin is humilliated here with these stipulations, anything else is off topic.

beatboks
Since the dcnu the burden is on you to prove it is in continuity.

Odins feats and portrayals are consistently above Eclipsos. Paints a pretty clear picture.

Are you being serious or just trying to wind me up?
this is how you reply to a post showing this isn't a DCNu Eclipso??
Why would I need to prove jack about continuity when the thread creator has listed a power item that only existed pre Flashpoint???
Not to mention that in response to one of my posts he posted an image of PRE 52 Eclipso ( from Countdown to mystery).

Dude it might behoove you to actually read and understand what your replying to, cause this statement just makes tou look silly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
It's not in that continuity but it certainly exists in another continuity. You are for whatever reason assuming we debate a character that doesn't exist?

Next time you will want to debate Spider-Man in the DCNu *shrughs*

Maybe that's why the OP gave Eclipso such a huge power up. Who cares? The point is that Odin is humilliated here with these stipulations, anything else is off topic. So you agree with me. Wonderful. Odin beats Eclipso anyways.

quanchi112
Are you being serious or just trying to wind me up?
this is how you reply to a post showing this isn't a DCNu Eclipso??
Why would I need to prove jack about continuity when the thread creator has listed a power item that only existed pre Flashpoint???
Not to mention that in response to one of my posts he posted an image of PRE 52 Eclipso ( from Countdown to mystery).

Dude it might behoove you to actually read and understand what your replying to, cause this statement just makes tou look silly. Odins due to superior portrayals and greater feats of power.

Bentley
So you agree with me. Wonderful. Odin beats Eclipso anyways.

So you just essentially said Eclipso stomps?

Good. That was actually quite fast.

beatboks
Odins due to superior portrayals and greater feats of power.

Odin doesn't have superior feats to a full powered heart of Darkness Eclipso.

If you mean against a normal Eclipso who is only powered by a single shard ( one piece out of hundreds of the HoD) then yes. But that would be like comparing Thor with Mjilnor against somone who's power source is a chipped of piece of Mjilnor. The former would be hundreds of times more powerful than the latter.

Let's look at some feats of an Eclipso that had a few dozen shards of the HoD ( and therefore more of it's power)

Defeated Spectre ( He did this 3 or 4 times against different versions in at least 3 separate decades.

Defeated Phantom Stranger EASILY when he catually chose to break the rules and engage.

Defeated Shazam as though it were nothing.

Soloed all DCU. he was only eventually defeated by a multi pronged attack on his citadel by multitudes of heroes from many planets with OOOOOODLES of prep and specially made weapons combining both magic and science to focus on his weaknesses.

Sorry DUDE but against a FULL HoD powered Eclipso Odin is left VERY wanting. The HoD makes him closer to Celestial level.

Without the HoD at normal single shard levels Odin would stomp.

guy222
Eclipso

abhilegend

If you mean against a normal Eclipso who is only powered by a single shard ( one piece out of hundreds of the HoD) then yes. But that would be like comparing Thor with Mjilnor against somone who's power source is a chipped of piece of Mjilnor. The former would be hundreds of times more powerful than the latter.

Let's look at some feats of an Eclipso that had a few dozen shards of the HoD ( and therefore more of it's power)

Defeated Spectre ( He did this 3 or 4 times against different versions in at least 3 separate decades.

Defeated Phantom Stranger EASILY when he catually chose to break the rules and engage.

Soloed all DCU. he was only eventually defeated by a multi pronged attack on his citadel by multitudes of heroes from many planets with OOOOOODLES of prep and specially made weapons combining both magic and science to focus on his weaknesses.

Sorry DUDE but against a FULL HoD powered Eclipso Odin is left VERY wanting. The HoD makes him closer to Celestial level.

Can you post the scans?

wolverinos
quanchi is just trolling people here, people are writing scrolls of information that proves how overpowered this version of Eclipso compared to odin, and they get quanchi repeating same retarded statement of odin is more powerful.

Bentley
Originally posted by wolverinos
quanchi is just trolling people here, people are writing scrolls of information that proves how overpowered this version of Eclipso compared to odin, and they get quanchi repeating same retarded statement of odin is more powerful.

Stop hating on Quan, he just readily accepted that he agreed with what I said. If people bash reasonable posters that aknowledged some of their points were wrong then they'll become stubborn and reapeat pleas of them being right senselessly.

guy222
Truth

wolverinos
Originally posted by Bentley
Stop hating on Quan, he just readily accepted that he agreed with what I said. If people bash reasonable posters that aknowledged some of their points were wrong then they'll become stubborn and reapeat pleas of them being right senselessly.

dude... quan is doing nothing aside of trolling here.
anyone who thinks odin beats this version of Eclipso is retarded.
its amazing how people on those boards are trying to make odin the GOD of comics.
a bearded guy who gets trouble from Surtut and Mangog, its laughable to assume any of the bullshit people over here are writing.
he amped himself to fullest and got knocked out from headbutting galactus.
there is the real Comics Odin and then there is KMC Odin, and just like thor, the KMC odin and thor are abstracts.

kevdude

Very nice, maybe you can or someone else can make a respect thread for him? big grin

guy222
Don't see Odin defeating one who has embarrassed the Soectre

beatboks

ODG
Battling multitudes of heroes in JLA (in control of many)

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2422905 Wasn't that all just an elaborate illusion by Saint Walker who mindphucked him right before the second-string JLA defeated him?

beatboks
Originally posted by ODG
Wasn't that all just an elaborate illusion by Saint Walker who mindphucked him right before the second-string JLA defeated him?

I dont recall that but it's been a while since I read it, it may have been . in any case the feat is basically a lower level version of " Darkness within" where he possessed many more heroes from many worlds. That one was after he had gathered many of the shards of the HoF, though interestingly contradicts later stories. like how his power had no effect on Darkseid because he isn't of earth and other tales that show his power to possess only over beings of earth origin, yet in Darkness within he could possess members of the Omega men, LEGION, Superman etc. don't you just love writers who don't do their research before just penning crap?

guy222
Hey buddy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.