Zack Fair Last Stand!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
I got a chance to look at the flashback in FF7 and the battle in Crisis Core and both of them are different. In Crisis Core he fights an entire army of soldiers but in FF7 we see Zack carrying Cloud up a cliff and shinra is chasing them but Zack fights them off before he dies. In the FF7 Flashback, Zack appears as if he still has alot of energy to fight before getting shot down but in Crisis Core, he is exhausted when goes to fight the remaining 3 guards and of course he gets killed by them when he tries to approach them( note: that is why their hp won't go down when the player tries to hit them. In the end Zack dies in both Crisis Core and the Flashback, but there were alot of changes made between the two. Does anyone know?

-Pr-
Assuming Crisis Core is canon, i'd say it's a retcon, and the one in crisis core takes priority and is the "true" version.

atv2
Originally posted by -Pr-
Assuming Crisis Core is canon, i'd say it's a retcon, and the one in crisis core takes priority and is the "true" version.

Yeah Crisis core seems to be more realistic of Zack's Abilities(maybe) but still I felt some controversy in that. Because they had him fighting summons, and high powered summons, ones that could have stormed through the shinra army but he has to die on their hand. I can't help but to think that there were a few 2nd and 3rd class soldiers in there also, in FF7 there were and they gave quite the challenge but the idea of him dying to the infantry made me curious.

-Pr-
I honestly have only watched the sequence on youtube (I only got far enough in the game to see how much I still hate Aeris before giving the PSP back to the friend of mine), but iirc, yeah, sometimes you have to separate game mechanics from what a guy with a sword should reasonably be able to accomplish.

Zack Fair
He did fight an entire army complete with choppers. Stands to reason there were a few 2nd and 3rd class soldiers. Not to mention probably a few turks as well.

-Pr-
Yeah, most likely.

atv2
Originally posted by Zack Fair
He did fight an entire army complete with choppers. Stands to reason there were a few 2nd and 3rd class soldiers. Not to mention probably a few turks as well.

It would have been great to see Zack fight off the 2nd and 3rd class soldiers. All we see in the fight is the infantry guards and a chopper trying to bomb him occassionally. Having them in the fight would have made it all the more interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.