Daredevil vs Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
1. Iron Fist off
2. Iron Fist on, DD can use his Billy Club.

Who wins ?

pym-ftw
Matt loses

Matt loses his life.

leonidas
matt wins, then loses.

BruceSkywalker
Matt dies both times

namorsubby
1. Split
2. Iron Fist

Damborgson
Originally posted by namorsubby
1. Split
2. Iron Fist

Supermutant
1. MM
2. DR

Golgo13
Originally posted by namorsubby
1. Split
2. Iron Fist

h1a8
1. DD
2. IF (but DD can win some)

cdtm
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Matt loses

Matt loses his life.

Of note, is Matt being impressed with Danny's technique, when he was copying Matt's style. Obviously, Danny would suffer a hit to his effectiveness, compared to if he was using his own style, but even while handicapped Matt still claimed he's about as good as anyone he's ever fought.

LeonBuco666
What everybody else said.

ODG
Iron Fist wrecks him both times.

Warlord
I think DD can take a slim majority in the first scenario.
Dies badly in the second

wolverinos
DD takes the first one.
Iron fist takes second one.

Daredevil1
DD has stalemated him in every encounter and done very well against Danny.

1. DD wins vs Danny with no IF tech.
2. IF wins.

cdtm
Originally posted by Daredevil1
DD has stalemated him in every encounter and done very well against Danny.

1. DD wins vs Danny with no IF tech.
2. IF wins.

How does DD stalemating IF add up to a win? By your logic, at most, they tie.

deathslash
Originally posted by cdtm
How does DD stalemating IF add up to a win? By your logic, at most, they tie. Also, wern't all of their fights before IF became the immortal weapon of Agomotto(please excuse me If I spell the name wrong)?

Daredevil1
How does DD stalemating IF add up to a win? By your logic, at most, they tie.

I believe the radar / senses give him that small edge but I could see Danny winning as well.

beatboks
How does DD stalemating IF add up to a win? By your logic, at most, they tie. Every Flight Between them has been with Danny having the Iron Fist. So of course Matt would win if he fought Danny without it when he's always matched him with it. Fact is that WITH the IF Danny has never so much as layed a Glove on matt. Danny has no better speed feats since "immortal IF " upgrade just better striking, strength and durbility feats. So technically matt could still stalemate a few. Danny however with IF would take the majority.

ODG
^ His upgrade consisted of absorbing Orson Randall's chi and reading the Book of the Iron Fist. After the upgrade, Danny had the best speed feats of his career, including being fast enough to catch a sniper bullet with his bare hand after it had been fired, defeating a bullet-timing Iron Fist Killer without any chi, and defeating a Beast-possessed Daredevil in Shadowland.

beatboks
Originally posted by ODG
^ His upgrade consisted of absorbing Orson Randall's chi and reading the Book of the Iron Fist. After the upgrade, Danny had the best speed feats of his career, including being fast enough to catch a sniper bullet with his bare hand after it had been fired, defeating a bullet-timing Iron Fist Killer without any chi, and defeating a Beast-possessed Daredevil in Shadowland.

The underlined was nothing above his speed pre upgrade.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/2869007-bdbdbd3kx.jpg

scan of Classic IF from several issues before IF DD fight link v

As for defeating the possessed Shadowland DD that was because of the healing aspects of his Chi not through power or speed. In fact Shadowland DD w2as more than a match in physicals for IF as well as Spidey, Shang Chi, Moon Knight, Luke cage and more. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JTIzq6dRSb8/THqYr905tgI/AAAAAAAAAmU/8Bi13e-diMo/s640/prv6203_pg1.jpg REMEMBER ??

DD and IF are 2 of my 6 favorite marvel Characters ( Longshot, Thor, Black Knight and Dr Strange round it out) and my top 2 ( which is a little weird because in DC, MLJ, Cyclone and other comics companies I much prefer High meta, herald level characters - except Black Hood {MLJ} and Question, GA {DC})

One of my favorite issues in comics history was where
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7yrn5bos81rxbn1bo1_500.jpg
came from. http://http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/2869007-bdbdbd3kx.jpg

cdtm
Originally posted by beatboks
The underlined was nothing above his speed pre upgrade.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/2869007-bdbdbd3kx.jpg

scan of Classic IF from several issues before IF DD fight link v

As for defeating the possessed Shadowland DD that was because of the healing aspects of his Chi not through power or speed. In fact Shadowland DD w2as more than a match in physicals for IF as well as Spidey, Shang Chi, Moon Knight, Luke cage and more. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JTIzq6dRSb8/THqYr905tgI/AAAAAAAAAmU/8Bi13e-diMo/s640/prv6203_pg1.jpg REMEMBER ??

DD and IF are 2 of my 6 favorite marvel Characters ( Longshot, Thor, Black Knight and Dr Strange round it out) and my top 2 ( which is a little weird because in DC, MLJ, Cyclone and other comics companies I much prefer High meta, herald level characters - except Black Hood {MLJ} and Question, GA {DC})

One of my favorite issues in comics history was where
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7yrn5bos81rxbn1bo1_500.jpg
came from. http://http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/139138/2869007-bdbdbd3kx.jpg

1. Catching a bullet IS above what your scan shows, which is basically a really good aim dodging feat. Most streets worth their salt have similar feats, where they dodge wall to wall gunfire, by staying just ahead of the gunman/gunmen's aim.

2. The fact Danny didn't use the IF to beat demon-ized DD down, doesn't make the feat any less impressive, especially considering how even Ghost Rider who specializes in that sort of thing failed miserably.

In fact, it makes Danny more impressive, showing off his IF's versatility.

ODG
^ I would have replied myself, but this post makes that unnecessary. thumb up

beatboks
1. Catching a bullet IS above what your scan shows, which is basically a really good aim dodging feat. Most streets worth their salt have similar feats, where they dodge wall to wall gunfire, by staying just ahead of the gunman/gunmen's aim.

2. The fact Danny didn't use the IF to beat demon-ized DD down, doesn't make the feat any less impressive, especially considering how even Ghost Rider who specializes in that sort of thing failed miserably.

In fact, it makes Danny more impressive, showing off his IF's versatility.
It wasn't an aim feat at all as an earlier panel shows
http://m1232.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/beatboks01/movesfasterthangunfire.jpg.html?o=0&newest=1
he dodged multiple gun fire AFTER they were fired, certainly better than catching a SINGLE bullet.

It's not that he didn't beat demonized DD down he COULDN'T, even with the help of Spiderman, Luke Cage, Wolverine, Shang Chi and Punisher he lost badly. So making a statement that Danny beat shadowland Matt without the context is important and valid for context

ODG
^ Tiny blurred ambiguous scan is tiny, blurred and ambiguous.

And Danny did not know he was actually fighting the Beast the first time around. When he did know, he eventually defeated him.

beatboks
Originally posted by ODG
^ Tiny blurred ambiguous scan is tiny, blurred and ambiguous.

And Danny did not know he was actually fighting the Beast the first time around. When he did know, he eventually defeated him.
WOW a 54 yr old like myself with failing eyesight can read the caption that clearly says "as the bullet leaves the gun Iron Fist reacts", but u have trouble?

Also Danny didn't beat the beast he used the IF healing ability to help Matt beat it. please use context

ODG
WOW a 54 yr old like myself with failing eyesight can read the caption that clearly says "as the bullet leaves the gun Iron Fist reacts", but u have trouble?

Also Danny didn't beat the beast he used the IF healing ability to help Matt beat it. please use context I can't see sh1t. Maybe you're looking at the fullscreen version, but the link you posted forces me to go to the mobile phone version and I can't see a full version.

In other words, Danny beat a Beast-empowered Daredevil. peaches

beatboks
Originally posted by ODG
I can't see sh1t. Maybe you're looking at the fullscreen version, but the link you posted forces me to go to the mobile phone version and I can't see a full version.

I was looking at it on my mobile ( which was how i loaded it) and read it just fine from the mobile site and my eyes are crap.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/movesfasterthangunfire.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

That any better for you

cdtm
Originally posted by ODG

Exactly.

Danny may not have beaten him down, but it's his strategy, and his power, that weakened "The Beast" (or healed Matt?) enough to allow Matt a chance to reassert himself.

That's not a Daredevil and Iron Fist teaming up. It's Iron Fist saving the day.

beatboks
Exactly.

Danny may not have beaten him down, but it's his strategy, and his power, that weakened "The Beast" (or healed Matt?) enough to allow Matt a chance to reassert himself.

That's not a Daredevil and Iron Fist teaming up. It's Iron Fist saving the day.

actually, that's exactly what it is, because if Matt didn't fight the beast inside him than Danny would have lost again. whatever you need to believe though, I suppose you one of those guys who sees Bronze tiger taking down Batman after bats was shot with poison a BT win as well.

Uriel005
I just wanted to ask if by Iron Fist off you meant the actual technique or the fighting style as a whole.

Danny's pretty well versed in martial arts in general even sans IF techniques and his reactions and raw physical ability puts him on par w/ DD but if you mean just the technique itself and he's allowed to chi amp I just don't see DD pulling any wins. He literally has everything else in the book of the Iron Fist other than just the one technique and iirc it gives him the option for many potentially lethal/chi based ko and others are ranged chi attacks which makes it a hell of a lot harder for DD.

beatboks
Originally posted by Uriel005
I just wanted to ask if by Iron Fist off you meant the actual technique or the fighting style as a whole.

Danny's pretty well versed in martial arts in general even sans IF techniques and his reactions and raw physical ability puts him on par w/ DD but if you mean just the technique itself and he's allowed to chi amp I just don't see DD pulling any wins. He literally has everything else in the book of the Iron Fist other than just the one technique and iirc it gives him the option for many potentially lethal/chi based ko and others are ranged chi attacks which makes it a hell of a lot harder for DD.

I would have assumed IF off means NO CHI at all. that's usually the what it's meant in battles. Since Matt has matched Danny abiut 5 times when Danny has chi I don't see hiw Danny without can win round 1. Round 2 obviously goes to Danny as there isn't a way Matt can actually win one. The best he could hope for is to stalemate

Uriel005
I would have assumed IF off means NO CHI at all. that's usually the what it's meant in battles. Since Matt has matched Danny abiut 5 times when Danny has chi I don't see hiw Danny without can win round 1. Round 2 obviously goes to Danny as there isn't a way Matt can actually win one. The best he could hope for is to stalemate kk was just asking for clarification on that because it means two very different things. It's just that they said billy club allowed in the second one and that doesn't make very much of a difference so I assumed the difference to the first was the technique itself for the club.

ODG
I was looking at it on my mobile ( which was how i loaded it) and read it just fine from the mobile site and my eyes are crap.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/movesfasterthangunfire.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

That any better for you So Iron Fist is already moving as the bullet's being fired. That's pretty much the opposite of bullet-timing. Making a mockery of a stooge gunman's speed isn't making a mockery of a fired bullet's speed. I trust you understand the difference.

This should be obvious.

cdtm
I would have assumed IF off means NO CHI at all. that's usually the what it's meant in battles. Since Matt has matched Danny abiut 5 times when Danny has chi I don't see hiw Danny without can win round 1. Round 2 obviously goes to Danny as there isn't a way Matt can actually win one. The best he could hope for is to stalemate

Like Mindset's fond of saying, "Without his chi he'd be DEAD."

I'm guessing Daredevil1 want's Danny as he was without the Iron Fist, but all of his normal techniques.. Anything else is pure speculation (And unfair, since it's hard to believe Daredevil trained with a master like Stick without learning a trick or two himself..)

cdtm
actually, that's exactly what it is, because if Matt didn't fight the beast inside him than Danny would have lost again. whatever you need to believe though, I suppose you one of those guys who sees Bronze tiger taking down Batman after bats was shot with poison a BT win as well.

When a man falls overboard, and gets a lifeline thrown to him from the boat where he pulls himself back aboard, do we say it was a team effort, or that he was saved? wink

And which Bronze Tiger/Batman fight are you referring to? I'm far from a Batman authority, but I do know in Detective 485, when Batman was drugged, BT refused to finish him off and attacked the League of Assassins. And BT KOed Batman prior to that, largely because Batman underestimated his abilities (Yet, even when he was prepared later, it was a tight match.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.