Network Ghosting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kickballjedi
At the end of Episode 3, Yoda tells Obi Wan he can be trained to communicate with QJG. Just to be clear, he doesn't say OB1 will be able to communicate with all previous dead Jedi, just his old master who somehow had the ability to become a force ghost.

So fast forward to ANH- Luke, without any training how to communicate with a force ghost begins to receive messages from OB1 then sees his ghost in ESB. And finally, in RoTJ, he sees both Yoda and Anakin as force ghosts even though neither he nor Anakin were trained in communicating with the dead.

So how does this work? For the new movies, will Luke be followed constantly by the ghosts of Yoda, Anakin and OB1 all telling him what to do and how to handle the situations he gets in? If Luke is having some private time Mara Jade, will he turn around to see the 3 ghosts all staring at him, maybe offering advice on his technique? Can Luke "pass off" a ghost to one of his pupils? If so, will he no longer be able to communicate with that ghost?

focus4chumps
good call. reason #891 of why the PT made no sense. /validated

though maybe there should be a single thread to point out plot holes instead of one for every whim.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Kickballjedi
So how does this work? For the new movies, will Luke be followed constantly by the ghosts of Yoda, Anakin and OB1 all telling him what to do and how to handle the situations he gets in? That already exists. It's called Dexter.

Kickballjedi
Originally posted by focus4chumps
good call. reason #891 of why the PT made no sense. /validated

though maybe there should be a single thread to point out plot holes instead of one for every whim.

Focus, I agree there are many plot holes in the PT, but my main concern is the ST, how do you think this will play out? I pictured a "Field Of Dreams" with 50 ghost Jedi coming out of the corn, or maybe each Jedi in the New Jedi Order will have his own ghost master- Mace, Anakin, Ki-Adi-Mundi- running around with them. Maybe the ghosts will all hang out at the new Jedi Temple and train younglings in each of their specialties.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.