Aquaman vs Frankensten

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
New 52 versions.

Aquaman has the trident, Frankenstein has the sword.

Who wins?

comicfan11
They had a brief battle in Trinity War.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137442/3259470-aq_frank+1.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137442/3259477-aq_frank+2.jpg

Nothing conclusive.

Could go either way.
Haven't read the Frankenstein nu DCU series.
Strength should be about equal.
I'd give a slight edge on Aquaman due to better reach and mobility.

Galan007
Holy mega-scan!

Anyway, going with Frank. The guy tooled OMAC(whom Superman postulated might be stronger than himself) and seemed to handle Billy and Dianna well enough.

-Pr-
Frankie is mega impressive in the DCNU. I'd go with him for now.

Golgo13
Originally posted by comicfan11
They had a brief battle in Trinity War.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137442/3259470-aq_frank+1.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137442/3259477-aq_frank+2.jpg

Nothing conclusive.

Could go either way.
Haven't read the Frankenstein nu DCU series.
I'd give a slight edge on Aquaman due to better reach and mobility.

Frankenstein has Michael's sword. I'd go with him personally. It would be a good martch, though.

comicfan11
I could certainly see Frankie take a majority, but I believe it would be a good and close fight.

carver9
Giving Frankie the majority here. He has some impressive showings like overpowering Captain Marvel. He have some good showings with his Flash team up that I will post soon.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot41_zpse52404a1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

Galan007
Frank handling Billy is certainly impressive, but his best feat thus far is tooling OMAC.

Golgo13
I always thought Franky owning that humungous monster in the first arc of Franksenstein was bad ass. There was it stated he was an unstoppable killing machine.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
Frank handling Billy is certainly impressive, but his best feat thus far is tooling OMAC.

Didn't see that fight. Do you have scans?

Philosophía
Eh. Not really. Frankenstein is quite a bit stronger, by what they've shown.

Aquaman is faster, though.

Also: I made a Wonder Woman vs Frankenstein thread. That should also be interesting.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Giving Frankie the majority here. He has some impressive showings like overpowering Captain Marvel. He have some good showings with his Flash team up that I will post soon.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot41_zpse52404a1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8
That's not necessarily "overpowering" him.

I'm taking Aquaman.

comicfan11

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
Didn't see that fight. Do you have scans? Frankenstein vs. OMAC:

This is the same OMAC who shit-stomped...

A member of the Nuclear Men:

Iron General in August, Godiva, Guy Gardner:

The Olympian:

Booster Gold:

Blue Beetle:

And again, Superman postulated that OMAC might be stronger than even him:

Suffice to say, DCnU Frank is an absolute beast.

Philosophía
In the scans I posted AQ subdues Frankie with the help of Black Orchid and Hawkman and in the second scan Frankie and AQ grapple and seem equal.

Frankenstein might be stronger based on his fight with Diana and Captain Marvel, but not by that much. There's four people attacking him, and besides Aquaman two of them are Wonder Woman and Hawkman. This doesn't say anything about where he stands compared to Arthur.

And isolated panels where they're grapling/charging eachother don't really mean anything - that happens in comics all the time, even with characters of different strength levels. If that had been an extended standstill, then sure, we could have drawn some conclusions.

In the same issues, Frankie has:

1). Engaged and ragdolled Captain Marvel. Then engaged him again, putting him in a lock, with the Billy having to use lightning to escape.
2). Shown engaging Wonder Woman, extended fight, at one point having her on the floor until she regains the position.

He never seems to be below them (and this is further supported by his fight with OMAC). Aquaman, on the other hand, is a notch below Wonder Woman.

Hell, OMAC could probably beast Aquaman.

comicfan11

Philosophía
I'm not arguing that Frank is stronger, just that even if Frank wins (AQ is faster and it's not h2h, they use their gear) it's not gonna be without a good fight. Oh, I agree that it will be a good one. thumb up

Frank is beastly, that's all. If Aquaman uses the speed he showed against, say, Wonder Woman, then it could turn out differently.

Galan007

comicfan11

comicfan11
thumb up

Since I've basically turned this into a 'Respect Frankenstein' thread, I may as well add the feats you mentioned as well.

Frank throws Billy around like the impetuous child he is:

Appears to grapple with Dianna evenly:

Chokes out Billy on yet another occasion:

Nothing against Arthur, but Frank has the distinct strength advantage.

I agree Frank is stronger, my point was that's not a straight h2h fight and AQ's speed and standard equipment greatly increases his damage output.

Galan007
I agree Frank is stronger, my point was that's not a straight h2h fight and AQ's speed and standard equipment greatly increases his damage output. I agree completely.

However, I can't agree that Arthur wins, or even makes it a hard-earned fight, due to Frank's battle with OMAC.

Philosophía
Yeah, I expected him to be overpowered during the fight, but the dude was basically "Yo, retard, calm the f*ck down or I put you down".

The fact that he treated two Superman level opponents (OMAC and C. Marvel) as dumb/kids, and started going h2h with Wonder Woman speaks quite a bit.

comicfan11
I agree completely.

However, I can't agree that Arthur wins, or even makes it a hard-earned fight, due to Frank's battle with OMAC.

Yeah but we haven't seen AQ fight OMAC or Shazam. It's not like AQ got stomped by them. It just didn't happen.

But he did manage to briefly overpower and hold WW down in ToA.

I think he would give Frank a good fight. He still has the transatlantic feat so it's not like he is not a 100 tonber with consistent feats.

Galan007

Galan007
Yeah but we haven't seen AQ fight OMAC or Shazam. It's not like AQ got stomped by them. It just didn't happen. I'd rather not impose a no-limits fallacy.

Based on what we've seen(which is all we can go by in a versus debate) Frank is solidly above Arthur. When Arthur tools multiple Superman-level foes w/o breaking a sweat, I'll agree that he can give Frank a good fight.

Until then, I'm going with Frank 10/10.

Badabing
I'd rather not impose a no-limits fallacy.

Based on what we've seen(which is all we can go by in a versus debate) Frank is solidly above Arthur. When Arthur tools multiple Superman-level foes w/o breaking a sweat, I'll agree that he can give Frank a good fight.

Until then, I'm going with Frank 10/10. thumb up

comicfan11
Yeah but we haven't seen AQ fight OMAC or Shazam. It's not like AQ got stomped by them. It just didn't happen.

But he did manage to briefly overpower and hold WW down in ToA.

I think he would give Frank a good fight. He still has the transatlantic feat so it's not like he is not a 100 tonber with consistent feats.

Fair enough.
I still say AQ can win some in the weapons fight, due to strength not being the deciding factor.

Golgo13
@ galan didnt franky beat solomin grundy?

Galan007
Fair enough.
I still say AQ can win some in the weapons fight, due to strength not being the deciding factor. You quoted yourself. stick out tongue

Anyway, thought I may as well post this too...

Frankenstein tools OMAC... In his own title:

Note that in the 4th scan Brother Eye states:
"This Frankenstein being has been known to eradicate entire worlds."

Originally posted by Golgo13
@ galan didnt franky beat solomin grundy? That was pre-Flashpoint, but yes. He did.

comicfan11
@ Galan007 LOL I did
That Kirby like art in OMAC vs Frank is awesome.

Galan007
^ Yeah, OMAC's solo title was all about Kirby throwback-art. It's certainly an acquired style, though. stick out tongue

My favorite artist currently is Mikel Janin. His work on JLD blows me away... Absolutely superb.

comicfan11
^ Yeah, OMAC's solo title was all about Kirby throwback-art. It's certainly an acquired style, though. stick out tongue

My favorite artist currently is Mikel Janin. His work on JLD blows me away... Absolutely superb.

I like Janin a lot, but my vote for best pure superhero artist goes to Ivan Reis,
His consistency is also pretty ridiculous.

Galan007
thumb up

Reis is amazing as well.

Golgo13
Doug mankhe draws the best franky.

comicfan11
Doug mankhe draws the best franky.

co-signed

Galan007
Doug mankhe draws the best franky. Mahnke does draw a killer Frankenstein, but I personally enjoy Janin's rendition more.

celeyhyga17
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.