Wonder Woman Zeus lightning vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya

Q99
One thing about the Zeus lightning is... it seems she can keep it on pretty much as long as she wants, at least a minute strait, and it's fairly powerful stuff.

If the others have to take it rather than avoid it, most are going to be in major hurt at best.

pym-ftw
1 - Luke Cage-dies unless Bendis is writing it, in which case he shrugs it off.

2 - The Thing-probably on deaths door

3 - Namor-critically hurt but still able to stand

4 - Savage Hulk-hurt but he will heal if she doesn't push the advantage.

5 - Superman- see Namor.

6 - Thor-pissed off

7 - Silver Surfer- see Hulk

Tony Stark
Originally posted by pym-ftw

5 - Superman- see Namor.

6 - Thor-pissed off

Ben is less durable than Namor? confused

pym-ftw
Namor has solid feats against electricity...

abhilegend
Superman is most assuredly more durable than Namor against magical attacks. Also the same Zeus lightning only pissed off Superboy twice and didn't affect supergirl at all from Wonder Girl's lasso.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman is most assuredly more durable than Namor against magical attacks. Also the same Zeus lightning only pissed off Superboy twice and didn't affect supergirl at all from Wonder Girl's lasso.

You're assuming WG and WW's attacks are the same. I don't think you can make that claim.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
You're assuming WG and WW's attacks are the same. I don't think you can make that claim.
Zeus' lightning=/=Zeus' lightning?

laughing out loud

bluewaterrider
Namorita could handle very high level electricity without much trouble.

Presumably, her cousin Namor shouldn't be THAT much worse than her ...

(New Warriors #14, Namorita versus Sea Urchin)

maxivitopowe
Does thing have any showings against electricity/lightning cos you would think being made off rock would help with conductivity or some science bullshit

Q99

Wondy bracer lightning's has higher feats than Cassie's lasso lightning.

She destroyed a giant magic monster under Themyscira, hurt the Hawaiian god of war, and turned an Ivo-made android who was strong enough to at least put up a fight against Diana physically to ash. Ivo being one known for making powerful androids.

And I'll mention again that she can hold it for pretty long. It doesn't have to be one zap, she can maintain current.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
Wondy bracer lightning's has higher feats than Cassie's lasso lightning.

She destroyed a giant magic monster under Themyscira, hurt the Hawaiian god of war, and turned an Ivo-made android who was strong enough to at least put up a fight against Diana physically to ash. Ivo being one known for making powerful androids.

And I'll mention again that she can hold it for pretty long. It doesn't have to be one zap, she can maintain current.
Wonder Girl's lightning has such moments too. Just because Diana's lightning hurt random characters doesn't mean much, if it had any showing against any established character that would be good. At this rate you have her beating a random monster and turning an android (which simone has outright said that are disposable, just look at red tornado) and hurting a random god.

Which showing suggested that?

wolverinos
Originally posted by pym-ftw

5 - Superman- see Namor.

6 - Thor-pissed off

someone here is riding thor's hammer.
and Lol at superman being reduced to namor level of durability because of a magic attack.

comicfan11
1 - Luke Cage - Dead unless Bendis is writing

2 - The Thing - badly hurt/ko

3 - Namor - hurt/badly hurt (he has electricity resistance to a degree)

4 - Savage Hulk - hurt but heals

5 - Superman - badly hurt due to magic origin of lightning

6 - Thor - amused

7 - Silver Surfer - not sure

It's worth mentioning that during the original Year One Annuals back in the early 90's, DC Poseidon (that's him, not Zeus) casually oneshot Superman with lightning and KOed him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137442/3282532-pad_pos+1.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137442/3282533-pad_pos+2.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/137442/3282534-pad_pos+3.jpg

Granted Poseidon is more powerful than WW or WW channeling a portion of Zeus lightning, but Supes is most certainly gonna feel it.

abhilegend
You might as well post Superman getting KOED by random nukes. Byrne superman was notoriously weak against magical attacks and is severally weaker than Superman at the end of DCU.

comicfan11
You might as well post Superman getting KOED by random nukes. Byrne superman was notoriously weak against magical attacks and is severally weaker than Superman at the end of DCU.

My point is Supes is not completely invulnerable to magic. Never was.
He can survive ridiculous stuff possibly better than any other high herald, but magic is not his strong point.

There's no way he is not hurt by magic lightning drawing from a skyfather.

abhilegend
Originally posted by comicfan11
My point is Supes is not completely invulnerable to magic. Never was.
He can survive ridiculous stuff possibly better than any other high herald, but magic is not his strong point.

There's no way he is not hurt by magic lightning drawing from a skyfather.
Who said he's completely invulnerable? Nobody is completely invulnerable to magic.

He's better suited than Namor and Thing in that respect. Heck, he's outperformed people like J'onn and Wonder Woman in magical assaults at least three times and has flat out told J'onn that he's more suited to take a magical assault than he is. Is he vulnerable to magical attacks? Yes. Does magical attacks hurt him more than people like Namor? **** no.

Also both Thor and Surfer have been KTFO with magical lightning before and it wasn't from a skyfather like Poseidon either FYI.

comicfan11
Who said he's completely invulnerable? Nobody is completely invulnerable to magic.

He's better suited than Namor and Thing in that respect. Heck, he's outperformed people like J'onn and Wonder Woman in magical assaults at least three times and has flat out told J'onn that he's more suited to take a magical assault than he is. Is he vulnerable to magical attacks? Yes. Does magical attacks hurt him more than people like Namor? **** no.

Also both Thor and Surfer have been KTFO with magical lightning before and it wasn't from a skyfather like Poseidon either FYI.

I call semi PIS on the Thor instance, since Mjolnir should absorb / deflect it.

Apart from that yeah he still should be more durable than people in Namor's level, It's just that Namor has shown the ability to absorb and generate electricity due to a short lived ability to replicate the abilities of an eel or something.

abhilegend
I call semi PIS on the Thor instance, since Mjolnir should absorb / deflect it.

Apart from that yeah he still should be more durable than people in Namor's level, It's just that Namor has shown the ability to absorb and generate electricity due to a short lived ability to replicate the abilities of an eel or something.
Mjolnir=/=Thor and it happened before against Diablo.

Normal lightning attacks, not magical lightning. Superman has absorbed normal electricity on more than one occasion too.

comicfan11
Mjolnir=/=Thor and it happened before against Diablo.

Normal lightning attacks, not magical lightning. Superman has absorbed normal electricity on more than one occasion too.

I assumed the OP meant normal gear Thor, in which case he laughs at WW's attack.

Fair enough, as I said even against magic Supes should be above Namor.

abhilegend
I assumed the OP meant normal gear Thor, in which case he laughs at WW's attack.

Fair enough, as I said even against magic Supes should be above Namor.
Not really. It means he is going to endure it physically.

Ok.

Sasaraixx
Zeus' lightning=/=Zeus' lightning?

laughing out loud

So then by your horribly faulty logic, if Zeus himself were to use the attack it would be just as powerful as what WW or WG displayed?

It is really difficult to take you seriously at times.

abhilegend
So then by your horribly faulty logic, if Zeus himself were to use the attack it would be just as powerful as what WW or WG displayed?

It is really difficult to take you seriously at times.
Zeus using his lightning at full power by himself isn't an issue here. You have to prove the lightning he imbued in Cassie's lasso and diana's bracers aren't different.

I don't take wonder woman fangirls seriously ever.

Sasaraixx
Zeus using his lightning at full power by himself isn't an issue here. You have to prove the lightning he imbued in Cassie's lasso and diana's bracers aren't different.

I don't take wonder woman fangirls seriously ever.

No. You're claim is Zeus' lightning = Zeus' lightning. So by your own comment, those two are wielding the same power, namely Zeus'. And that is the argument you are using to "prove" that they are the same. You've made no other argument to establish that they are in fact the same. You are making an assumption, which is exactly what I called you on in your first post.

I'm not being a fangirl. I'm merely pointing out how often your posts don't make sense. thumb up

abhilegend
No. You're claim is Zeus' lightning = Zeus' lightning. So by your own comment, those two are wielding the same power, namely Zeus'. And that is the argument you are using to "prove" that they are the same. You've made no other argument to establish that they are in fact the same. You are making an assumption, which is exactly what I called you on in your first post.

I'm not being a fangirl. I'm merely pointing out how often your posts don't make sense. thumb up
Zeus lightning in cassie's lasso=zeus lightning in diana's bracers untill you prove otherwise. Its just that simple.

Of course you are. Just looking at your post history would make it easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.