Nintendo 2DS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
WTF is this shit?

http://cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/media/images/projects/flower/CI16_PickaColour_image600w.png

BlackZero30x
Its not entirely a bad idea really. For everyone who already has a 3DS there is no point. For people who want to buy a DS this may be an option. First off its cheap and it plays DS & 3DS games. It however does not use the 3D function at all. So to the average consumer you are now given a question of "Is the cheaper price worth losing the 3D function?". For some 3D doesn't matter so the price cuts wins out. Also there are some people that can't see 3D due to bad eyes. My only problem with it is that it looks a little uncomfortable to use.

AuraAngel
Yeah it looks kinda...dumb. I suppose they want to make it feel like a tablet but right not it honestly made me think the picture was upside down with the button placement.

StyleTime
I've never cared much about the 3D aspect, so I'm good there. This design sucks though. I'm really fond of the current, clam shell style of the DS line.

Bardock42
Prolly gonna get it

ScreamPaste
It's all one (Touch) screen, apparently.

Bentley
Technically they could release 2DS enhanced games that use the touchscreen on the upper screen. Not sure if it would pay to alienate the previous 3DS users though.

Bardock42
I just wish it had like 10 hour battery life, that'd make me a super happy camper, even without a hinge I'd prefer.

Doctorwho?
Looks like a cheese wedge...

Bentley
Originally posted by Bardock42
I just wish it had like 10 hour battery life, that'd make me a super happy camper, even without a hinge I'd prefer.

I miss the high battery life too, I hope Nintendo considers releasing an update with a superior battery.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by StyleTime
I've never cared much about the 3D aspect, so I'm good there. This design sucks though. I'm really fond of the current, clam shell style of the DS line. QFT.

Peach
It's designed for kids. So having it not have the clamshell design is in fact very smart because those hinges have always been the weak point on the DS systems.

This is one of the smarter things Nintendo has done in a long time.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Peach
It's designed for kids. So having it not have the clamshell design is in fact very smart because those hinges have always been the weak point on the DS systems.

This is one of the smarter things Nintendo has done in a long time. You still post?!

Peach
On occasion. Real life is busy stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Peach
On occasion. Real life is busy stick out tongue Come back, demmit. Also make threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.