Better actor for Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doctorwho?
Its no secret Hayden Christenson is a bad actor...so who would you have cast as Anakin?
Personally I would have gone with Paul Walker maybe...certainly a better actor than Hayden.... sick

focus4chumps
i remember, much to my chagrin, being part of the bandwagon that flipped out and cried "HELL NO" when george lucas was considering leonardo dicaprio for the role.

my point: leonardo dicaprio

Doctorwho?
Meh I liked him after his pretty boy stage, when he was in Blood Diamond, shutter island, inception and django

focus4chumps
way to totally blow off 'gangs of new york'. released the same year as AOTC, btw.

Doctorwho?
Oh shit yeah forgot about that movie, had Daniel day lewis too right?

Doctorwho?
And Liam neeson in it I think

dadudemon
Originally posted by focus4chumps
i remember, much to my chagrin, being part of the bandwagon that flipped out and cried "HELL NO" when george lucas was considering leonardo dicaprio for the role.

my point: leonardo dicaprio

This is news to me. Leo would have definitely been a better choice.

Lord Lucien
Leo would have been an AMAZING choice. Anakin only ever has one setting in the prequels: f*cking *sshole. Dicaprio can be a wonderful f*cking *sshole. He's perfect at yelling and being pissed off. Anakin's nothing but a scumbag in the films and Leo could have done that better than Hayden did.

And Christensen's not a bad actor. Shattered Glass disproved that unfortunate rumor that Star Wars set up.

Doctorwho?
Never seen it, but every other film I see him in he is just bad, like that Jumper film. he was just a really bad actor in that

Lord Lucien
I've never seen that one. Again though, it may have been a combination of poor writing and directing. Like with the prequels, even heavyweight awesomepants like Neeson, McGregor, and Jackson can't make their characters or stories even remotely interesting or sympathetic if the right factors to do so don't exist.

Doctorwho?
True, it wasn't just Hayden that was shit in jumpers, the whole film was

KyleAP
Kinda feel sorry for Hayden, like the other actors, with regards to the dialogue they all got. But Hayden's delivery of them was worse than the rest of the main actors.
I mean when he told Samuel L Jackson about Palpatine being a Sith Lord, his delivery was so bland and uninteresting, at what was meant to be a tense moment.
But Revenge of the Sith was so lazily filmed and Lucas's direction didnt help the actors much at all

KyleAP
If the prequels were remade now by people who knew what they were doing and actually care about making good movies, i would go for Andrew Garfield as Anakin, think he'd do well in the role

dadudemon
Originally posted by KyleAP
I mean when he told Samuel L Jackson about Palpatine being a Sith Lord, his delivery was so bland and uninteresting, at what was meant to be a tense moment.

I will definitely concede this regarding the acting in the PT. That was a pretty badly fumbled scene.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And Christensen's not a bad actor. Shattered Glass disproved that unfortunate rumor that Star Wars set up.

You know...I didn't really think so. I thought his acting in that film was meh. My thing about the acting, overall, in the PT was it was all over from bad to good. I would have been okay with just average to good, all the time. Nothing was ever great about the acting, though. I think I've said this before: all 6 Star Wars films are not known for their acting, fo sho.

Doctorwho?
I liked what Ewan brought to the table to be honest

Lord Lucien
His beard? It was pretty neat.

Master Han
Liam Neeson.

No, seriously.

Doctorwho?
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
His beard? It was pretty neat.

D-Do you think he would let me stroke it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.