Maxima vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Warlord
Battle of the multi tools

zopzop
Ooooh.

How would Maxima's ridiculously powerful ferrokinesis work on MM? Isn't Martian blood rich in iron?

I smell a stomp.

Glorificus
Is he faster than her?

If he is, couldn't he just phase right off the bat and become immune to TK/Ferrokinesis?

Warlord
what about the TP battle here?

Martian_mind
Jonn knocked her and the rest of the League on their asses while sipping tea using his Tp.

comicfan11
Martian Manhunter

Warlord
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Jonn knocked her and the rest of the League on their asses while sipping tea using his Tp.
thumb up

beatboks
Jonn' is superior to her in every way except maybe ( and that's a pretty big MAYBE) strength.

MMH for the win pretty comfortable i would think.

LeonBuco666
J'onn would best her in everyway.

abhilegend
That's one showing only. Later an amped J'onn aka Bloodwynd was utterly ineffectual against Doomsday and then Maxima was sending him flying. She also lobotomized brainiac who effortlessly blocked J'onn later in Doomsday wars.

abhilegend
Originally posted by beatboks
Jonn' is superior to her in every way except maybe ( and that's a pretty big MAYBE) strength.

MMH for the win pretty comfortable i would think.
Nope.

Martian_mind
Lol at Bloodwynd being an amp.

Anyway, J'onn.

Omega Vision
J'onn 7/10, but it isn't easy.

zopzop
Jonn knocked her and the rest of the League on their asses while sipping tea using his Tp. Originally posted by Omega Vision
J'onn 7/10, but it isn't easy. Originally posted by LeonBuco666
J'onn would best her in everyway.
http://s24.postimg.org/byqxgvy4h/drpolaris10ba4.jpg
So to recap :
a) Maxima has incredibly powerful ferrokinesis
b) Her opponent's blood is SUPER rich in iron

Maxima could stomp if she's creative with her powers.

abhilegend
Lol at Bloodwynd being an amp.

Anyway, J'onn.
laughing out loud @ it being not an amp. Bloodwynd showed powers like geo-kinesis, force-shields and energy blasts from hands.

Maxima would win.

cdtm
Originally posted by abhilegend
and then Maxima was sending him flying. She also lobotomized brainiac who effortlessly blocked J'onn later in Doomsday wars.

When he was distracted after Flash ripped him from Warworld, leaving him open to her assault.

cdtm
Originally posted by zopzop
http://s24.postimg.org/byqxgvy4h/drpolaris10ba4.jpg
So to recap :
a) Maxima has incredibly powerful ferrokinesis
b) Her opponent's blood is SUPER rich in iron

Maxima could stomp if she's creative with her powers.

Has she ever manipulate iron in an organic?

Cogito
laughing out loud @ it being not an amp. Bloodwynd showed powers like geo-kinesis, force-shields and energy blasts from hands.

Maxima would win.

Bloodwynd had different powers, not more powerful powers.

I would definitely challenge you to prove otherwise.

leonidas
Originally posted by Omega Vision
J'onn 7/10, but it isn't easy.

sounds about right i think.

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
Has she ever manipulate iron in an organic?

no. her manip of iron is a bit of a puzzle tbh. she has uber tk, and at times it's hard to distinguish between her magnetic powers and her tk.

Galan007
Maxima wins, but I don't think it has anything to do with blood manipulation.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Cogito
Bloodwynd had different powers, not more powerful powers.

I would definitely challenge you to prove otherwise.
He showed powers other than his usual TP, shapeshifting, martian vision, strength, invisibility and intangibility. Why wouldn't he be more powerful then?Originally posted by cdtm
When he was distracted after Flash ripped him from Warworld, leaving him open to her assault.
He was still fighting her with all his power. He effortlessly blocked J'onn.

Cogito
He showed powers other than his usual TP, shapeshifting, martian vision, strength, invisibility and intangibility. Why wouldn't he be more powerful then?

The number of powers does not make one more powerful.

Show me more powerful applications of power via real feats.

abhilegend
The number of powers does not make one more powerful.

Show me more powerful applications of power via real feats.
J'onn with added powers>J'onn with normal powers? He was also stated to be more powerful than superman in Bloodwynd form while Superman was stated to be more powerful than J'onn just a few issues later.

Cogito
J'onn with added powers>J'onn with normal powers? He was also stated to be more powerful than superman in Bloodwynd form while Superman was stated to be more powerful than J'onn just a few issues later.

Statements =/= facts

Bloodwynd got steamrolled by DD, while Superman held his own.

abhilegend
Statements =/= facts

Bloodwynd got steamrolled by DD, while Superman held his own.
Doomsday steamrolled superman untill he went all out too.

Cogito
Doomsday steamrolled superman untill he went all out too.

That's a bit of an exaggeration.

Besides, Superman wasn't KO'd with ridiculous ease as Bloodwynd was.

So does he or does he not have feats to actually support your claim that Bloodwynd is more powerful than MM?

abhilegend
That's a bit of an exaggeration.

Besides, Superman wasn't KO'd with ridiculous ease as Bloodwynd was.

So does he or does he not have feats to actually support your claim that Bloodwynd is more powerful than MM?
Bloodwynd was stated to be more powerful than superman. That doesn't necessarily means he was more durable than superman.

Even if you think Bloodwynd was at least as powerful as J'onn, maxima still outperformed him.

cdtm

When did Superman get stated as being more powerful then MM?

Was it MM, or Bloodwynd MM?

Cogito
Bloodwynd was stated to be more powerful than superman.

It's a simple yes or no question, and this is my third time repeating it. I'm not attacking you, so just answer it.

Does Bloodwynd have the feats or not?

Arabus

Ummm no. Brainiac is not a match for Maxima without Warworld. Period. That's how he was able to keep her on his side all throughout Panic In The Sky, albeit with Maxima keeping Brainiac from 'hearing' her plot behind his back. Brainiac even says coming off the heels of a TP duel and getting his Warworld tubes cut, "I must reconnect! Without its vast power I am..'

"You are as good as dead! - Maxima

cdtm
Originally posted by Arabus
Ummm no. Brainiac is not a match for Maxima without Warworld. Period.

To quote Quanchi: Based on?

Because with an army of heroes virtually right outside the door, he was obviously thinking about a duel with Maxima when he said that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

abhilegend
When did Superman get stated as being more powerful then MM?

Was it MM, or Bloodwynd MM?
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16573495_jla-v2-annual-06-41hacsa.jpg

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16534142_Adventures_Of_Superman_Annual_04-45.jpgOriginally posted by Cogito
It's a simple yes or no question, and this is my third time repeating it. I'm not attacking you, so just answer it.

Does Bloodwynd have the feats or not?
Unfortunately he doesn't.

cdtm
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16573495_jla-v2-annual-06-41hacsa.jpg

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16534142_Adventures_Of_Superman_Annual_04-45.jpg

Thanks.

Arabus
To quote Quanchi: Based on?

Because with an army of heroes virtually right outside the door, he was obviously thinking about a duel with Maxima when he said that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

?

He was dueling Maxima who was actually putting up a fight, even with the Warworld upgrade, she's still right there in front of him, and his immediate concern are the heroes who are in the room next door trying to get past a Warworld energy field?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

abhilegend
Thanks.
This is not the only instance. Superman has been more powerful than J'onn in nearly every writer's view save Joe Kelly and even he has given superman nods over J'onn.

cdtm
?

He was dueling Maxima who was actually putting up a fight, even with the Warworld upgrade,

Put up a fight? He streamrolled her while hooked up to Warworld.

What's your basis for arguing Maxima is a more powerful telepath than Brainiac? Maxima's never managed to take down Superman with her tp, while Brainiac has, on several occasions...

And then there's the "Dead Again" story. Brainiac is on New Genesis, in another dimension from Earth's, and uses his tp to convince Superman and the entire planet that his body is still in his tomb..

Arabus
Put up a fight? He streamrolled her while hooked up to Warworld.

I don't know what comic you're looking at, but Brainiac says on page 17, "...even your vaunted psionic power can't beat the combination of Brainiac and Warworld!" to which Maxima responds, "Prove your claims". Both of them start blasting each other as if their psionic bolts are canceling each other out.

Page 18 cuts to a scene with Batman and Nightwing. Page 19 now shows Maxima on her knees losing the duel while a pained Flash crawls over to some shards of glass while he narrates "Nerves are still jangling from that blast -- But I've gotta do something! This shard of glass -- Probably our last chance!" Flash flings the glass at Brainiac's connector cables, Brainiac starts to get up out of the Warworld command chair, and Maxima starts blasting him immediately.

So yeah, calling it a steamroll is pretty inaccurate.

What's your basis for arguing Maxima is a more powerful telepath than Brainiac?

What, giving Brainiac a lobotomy isn't enough?

In the same story, she grabbed Orion's wrist from behind. This registers with Orion when he narrates 'What? Someone dares grab me from behind?" then, while maintaining her grip on his wrist to keep him at arm's length, we see her in the next panel blasting him in the face. Orion eventually goes unconscious. So while this feat doesn't put her over, it helped set the stage for the lobotomy by putting her in the ballpark of also being able to drop a New God as Brainiac did earlier in the story with Metron.

nwg202
Didn't MM put Maxima and a group of other heroes on their knees with his TP? Would Maxi's powers work on him while he is intangible?Maxima's ferrokinesis might work and she can always port him into the sun.

Rao Kal El
Ill go with Maxima here

Her feats in Panic in the sky give her the edge, but not an easy win.

cdtm

What, giving Brainiac a lobotomy isn't enough?

So your main argument, is that because Maxima "defeated" Brainiac in Panic in the Sky, that Brainiac could "never" defeat Maxima?

By this logic, Firelord can never defeat Spider-Man.

Considering some of Brainiac's high end feats, you'll need more then you've given to make a case for Maxima matching Brainiac, let alone being so far above him he could "never" defeat her, as you claim.

zopzop

Why do people keep bringing up the Firelord/Spiderman example? In the very same issue, Firelord admitted he could annihilate Spiderman with a single aoe burst but he'd take out most of NY city as well. So he decided to play with Spiderman and that's what cost him the fight.

cdtm
Why do people keep bringing up the Firelord/Spiderman example? In the very same issue, Firelord admitted he could annihilate Spiderman with a single aoe burst but he'd take out most of NY city as well. So he decided to play with Spiderman and that's what cost him the fight.

There's that.

But it's just the fact Spidey khtfo. I can just about buy Spidey staggering a guy who trades shots with Thor, because he's awesome like that, but he shouldn't be knocking him out, even if he just stands there and takes it.

zopzop
There's that.

But it's just the fact Spidey khtfo. I can just about buy Spidey staggering a guy who trades shots with Thor, because he's awesome like that, but he shouldn't be knocking him out, even if he just stands there and takes it.
Spiderman almost KOed Masterson Thor till Thor let loose with an AoE attack.

cdtm
Spiderman almost KOed Masterson Thor till Thor let loose with an AoE attack.

Yeah, Masterson sucks. evil face

Panther KOing Mephisto beats all of Spidey's PIS moments, imo. And the armbar on Surfer was pretty neat.

Arabus
So your main argument, is that because Maxima "defeated" Brainiac in Panic in the Sky, that Brainiac could "never" defeat Maxima?

Considering some of Brainiac's high end feats, you'll need more then you've given to make a case for Maxima matching Brainiac, let alone being so far above him he could "never" defeat her, as you claim.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

FFS, we're talking about Panic In The Sky. This whole thing started because you claimed that Brainiac was surprised, and that's why he lost the duel. In that story, no, Brainiac is not a match for Maxima without Warworld keeping her in check. I gave you examples within that arc of why that position is supported. If you have evidence that this whole story is SMvsFL, then the burden of proof is on you to provide it. Otherwise, you're just making baseless claims.

cdtm
roll eyes (sarcastic)

FFS, we're talking about Panic In The Sky. This whole thing started because you claimed that Brainiac was surprised, and that's why he lost the duel. In that story, no, Brainiac is not a match for Maxima without Warworld keeping her in check. I gave you examples within that arc of why that is. If you have evidence that this whole story is SMvsFL, then the burden of proof is on you to provide it. Otherwise, you're just making baseless claims.

Ummm no. Brainiac is not a match for Maxima without Warworld. Period.

Totally not a baseless claim. wink

Read a comic.

Arabus
Totally not a baseless claim. wink

Read a comic.

Maybe you should take your own advice before you claim that Brainiac was distracted, and that Maxima was steamrolled prior to that. wink

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
Maxima wins, but I don't think it has anything to do with blood manipulation.

TK?

Her TK is insane, I'll admit.

But could it affect MM while phase shifted?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.