..... The Mad Titan Vs The Green Lantern Corps .....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?

Lord Thanos has 2 weeks prep..

The Green Lantern Corps has 2 days prep..

Thanos

Vs

The Green Lantern Corps

LeonBuco666
Thanos winss veryy easily

juggerman
Thanos preps for 12 hours, naps for the remaining 13 and a half days, then proceeds to utterly anal rape the GLs

pym-ftw
Any limit on prep?

Khazra Reborn
Unless Thanos can bring in some high end artifacts, I can't see how he's going to take down the entire GLC...

Cogito
The entire corps? 7,200 Lanterns, Ion, and Guardians?

Hah. Unless Thanos pulls together the Infinity Gems or a cosmic cube or something, he's screwed.

LeonBuco666
He's on par with Galactus when it comes to firing energy, he managed to blast Galactus halfway across a planet with a energy blast(there blasts were meeting up, Thanos won that end of the stick)
Galactus also had to literally exert himself to break Thanos' shields, with prep, he could improve shields a thousand fold, i just dont see the corp winming.

wolverinos
The entire corps? they rage stomp him and then say "U MAD BRO"? U MAD???? U MADDD TITANNN????

Brockalizer
With someone as powerful as Thanos, 2 weeks makes this spite. The Lanterns have numbers on their side, as well as a few BMF's, but Thanos has better resources.

deathslash
with two days prep, the lanterns induct the entire justice league and all of their allies into the corps (JSA, JLA, JL, JLE, Legion of Superheroes just to name a few) and then they beat thanos to death.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by deathslash
with two days prep, the lanterns induct the entire justice league and all of their allies into the corps (JSA, JLA, JL, JLE, Legion of Superheroes just to name a few) and then they beat thanos to death. that's very unlikely and use of extreme prep, using that train of Thought Thanos gets Death herself to kill everyone

LeonBuco666
Thats not gonna happen in two days, because a very large majority of the JLA and all of its allies have no experience with GL rings and are flies to thanos without them
2 weeks prep is spite against 7,200 GL's, a couple guardians and Ion, seriously.

golem370
Thanos goes to Namor beat him to death steals the power gem or he goes out and finds a cosmic cube. He could get Pip go into the heart of the Lanterns and set a massive bomb like he did to Galactus' ship.

Brockalizer
GL rings are powered by willpower and weakened by fear. Few characters have elicited as many fecal responses as Thanos of Titan.

Thanos takes a minute to rub one out, as he watches thousands of Corpsmen dying enmasse in the cold vacuum of space when he neutralizes the Green light.

Golgo13
Guy solos.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
He's on par with Galactus when it comes to firing energy, he managed to blast Galactus halfway across a planet with a energy blast(there blasts were meeting up, Thanos won that end of the stick)
Galactus also had to literally exert himself to break Thanos' shields, with prep, he could improve shields a thousand fold, i just dont see the corp winming.

http://i44.tinypic.com/195bq.gif

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
http://i44.tinypic.com/195bq.gif how original

maxivitopowe
Thanos

Branlor Swift
how original Do you want me to explain why someone who gets one shotted by Galactus with his shields up is not on par with Galactus or something?

Or how their blasts weren't meeting up?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great feat above anything a herald is capable of, but he's nowhere near Galactus in anything.

And raw power is not a viable way Thanos could win here. Galactus, yes. Thanos, no.

LeonBuco666
I never said he was anywhere equal, he never oneshotted his shields at all, he was continually blasting his shields for 3-4 panels before he broke through, he clearly was exerting himself, IiRC there blasts were
Meeting up and then thanos blasted him halfway across a planet.
That one blast alone would decimate many of the gls in 1 sweep

Branlor Swift
I never said he was anywhere equal, he never oneshotted his shields at all, he was continually blasting his shields for 3-4 panels before he broke through, he clearly was exerting himself, IiRC there blasts were
Meeting up and then thanos blasted him halfway across a planet.
That one blast alone would decimate many of the gls in 1 sweep "He's on par with Galactus when it comes to firing energy"

3-4 panels... where exactly do you get your information?

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Thanos/galactus35rc.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Thanos/Thanos0509.jpg

Their blasts were not meeting up:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Thanos/t-05-04.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Thanos/galactus14jn.jpg

Anyway, the blast was small in width. Yeah, it would kill GL's, but it wouldn't hit that many of them. And considering there's 7200 of them... Unless they all line up and it just keeps going through them.
But seriously, Thanos is nowhere near Galactus in anything ever. Raw power is the exact thing he wouldn't use.

LeonBuco666
You were implying i ment equal in overall power, and okay i was wrong about it meeting up, sorry.
So no they are not equal in blasts.
But his blasts can take out well into the double or triple digits maybe if 7,200 are in front of him or around him, easily, and if the come close to him there getting killed with 1-2 punches, plus he's got 2 weeks prep, there was no limit on it so he amp himself even more.
Also when i seen the scans for that, it was about 2-4 panels long, didnt mean 3-4 in the previous post, sorry.

Cogito
If Thanos could amp himself to such ridiculous levels whenever he had two weeks to kill, he'd do it all the time.

He doesn't...so he can't.

LeonBuco666
Just because he doesnt doesnt mean he cant, that is ridiculous logic, actually logic? Ill rephrase that, stupid?
Just because i dont make a pie everyday doest mean i couldnt make a pie, thanos could surely amp himself to ridiculous levels in 2 weeks.

Cogito
Just because he doesnt doesnt mean he cant, that is ridiculous logic, actually logic? Ill rephrase that, stupid?
Just because i dont make a pie everyday doest mean i couldnt make a pie, thanos could surely amp himself to ridiculous levels in 2 weeks.

Then show me a time when he's done it without resorting to outside artifacts like Cosmic Cubes and the IG.

We work with real feats here, not fanboy wanking fantasies.

LeonBuco666
This isnt a fanboy wanking fantasy, and he couldnt do it without ridiculous things like that, because it hasnt been his prep hasnt been limited, so for the sake of this argument i simply said he could amp himself in 2 weeks to stupid levels, but i ment under the circumstances of this fight.
If you havent noticed ive commented a few times on thanos threads saying that he just doesnt lose on these boards, if youbsay he does you get mauled, thats what makes me kind of dislike him.

Insane Titan
This isnt a fanboy wanking fantasy, and he couldnt do it without ridiculous things like that, because it hasnt been his prep hasnt been limited, so for the sake of this argument i simply said he could amp himself in 2 weeks to stupid levels, but i ment under the circumstances of this fight.
If you havent noticed ive commented a few times on thanos threads saying that he just doesnt lose on these boards, if youbsay he does you get mauled, thats what makes me kind of dislike him. seriously grow up you baby

Odekahn

You'd make that pie if your goal was to bake... What are thanos' goals again?

So thanos can do it, he just doesn't, and in despite of his goals at that... Not buying it.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Insane Titan
seriously grow up you baby

That was uncalled for IMO.

LeonBuco666
seriously grow up you baby why do i need to grow uplaughing out loud grow up for what? For defending myself againt being called a fanboy, i am not biased for my favourite characters, jesus, i hardly like thanos, still i know he is hella powerful, hush yourself child.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Cogito
If Thanos could amp himself to such ridiculous levels whenever he had two weeks to kill, he'd do it all the time.

He doesn't...so he can't. He doesn't need to amp himself, he has the resources at his disposal to study his opponent and plan accordingly. Whether he neutralizes to green light with a weapon of his own design or uses the other Lantern Corps as pawns and fodder he shouldn't have much trouble here.

WhiteWitchKing
Thanos teleports Galactus to Oa and watches a hungry Galactus devour Oa and the Central Battery.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Thanos teleports Galactus to Oa and watches a hungry Galactus devour Oa and the Central Battery. Or just manipultates Galactus into thinking that devouring OA with satisfy his hunger the same way Sakaar and the Oldpower was supposed to. Before Skaar screwed it up. Or end it completely like he tried in Epiphany.

Stoic
Thanos is not manipulating Galactus. He could win this with prep, and i think he would with ease, but like Bran said, it wouldn't be by sheer brute force.

Thanos amped himself when he defeated his clone which was more powerful than he was. This was imo another amp that he took for himself by devouring the clone. Thanos can amp, but to what degree is unclear.

The Green Glow Fairies would have a very difficult time hurting Thanos however. I mean anyone capable of taking a full on assault from Odin is above the likes of several thousand Green inept scrubs, and the more seasoned ones as well. the Guardians would be his biggest challenge here without prep imo. With it... lol.

abhilegend
Haha, this is just sad.

Insane Titan
why do i need to grow uplaughing out loud grow up for what? For defending myself againt being called a fanboy, i am not biased for my favourite characters, jesus, i hardly like thanos, still i know he is hella powerful, hush yourself child. all you do I cry in threads with in Thanos in because posters give him the win. You constantly ***** about it.

LeonBuco666
all you do I cry in threads with in Thanos in because posters give him the win. You constantly ***** about it.
I see the thanos love is coming out of you here, "insane Titan"
And ***** about it? I think at has been 2 threads by the way, even so, i was using those times as an example, because apparently i was "fanboy wanking" when ive clearly stated in other threads i dislike thanos, but i do think he could win this, i dislike him because everyone gives him the win by default without even knowing the opposing character.

NOW SHUT THE **** UP!

Cogito
Originally posted by Brockalizer
he has the resources at his disposal to study his opponent and plan accordingly.

Sigh, prep doesn't mean he has a GL ring in front of him to study. All he knows about Lanterns is standard knowledge, which really isn't that much.

tkitna
Too much time for Thanos to prep. He wins.

Insane Titan
With this much prep Thanos would aim to stop the power supply to the rings like he did the HOTU and the Hunger

Cogito
With this much prep Thanos would aim to stop the power supply to the rings like he did the HOTU and the Hunger

The power supply shouldn't be considered standard knowledge to non-Lanterns.

Even if it were, the easiest way to mess with the power would be to get to the Central Battery, but that would be self-BFR here. His best bet would be to weaken the concentration of every single Lantern, and that's just not realistic.

Brockalizer
Sigh, prep doesn't mean he has a GL ring in front of him to study. All he knows about Lanterns is standard knowledge, which really isn't that much. I said resources not prep. Thanos has the resources to not only observe, but travel between universes. It is boarderline retarded to think that he wouldn't take advantage of such resources. As for your "standard knowledge" argument, Green Lanterns, their rings, and their abilities are common knowledge in the DCU. Thanos would learn all he needs to know about Lanterns, their abilities and their weaknesses after only a few hours of studying the DCU.

Cogito
I said resources not prep. Thanos has the resources to not only observe, but travel between universes. It is boarderline retarded to think that he wouldn't take advantage of such resources. As for your "standard knowledge" argument, Green Lanterns, their rings, and their abilities are common knowledge in the DCU. Thanos would learn all he needs to know about Lanterns, their abilities and their weaknesses after only a few hours of studying the DCU.

Rings are common knowledge, their weaknesses are not.

And are you seriously suggesting that Thanos is going to spend his prep time hopping over to the DCU and studying them? Please.

ODG
I said resources not prep. Thanos has the resources to not only observe, but travel between universes. It is boarderline retarded to think that he wouldn't take advantage of such resources. As for your "standard knowledge" argument, Green Lanterns, their rings, and their abilities are common knowledge in the DCU. Thanos would learn all he needs to know about Lanterns, their abilities and their weaknesses after only a few hours of studying the DCU. I agree that Thanos, as a cosmic-faring supervillain, would be more than marginally aware of the established Green Lantern Corps. The Central Power Battery on Oa isn't exactly a secret.

But you can count the number of times a villain has managed to compromise/sabotage the Central Power Battery on one hand, maybe two. If you think Thanos is capable of replicating those events (which were themselves, a bag of mixed results), his dealings with the Hunger and the Celestial Order are hardly strong cases for such. Those dealings required equal amounts of blind luck, predestination and/or sacrificial pawns.

pym-ftw
If Thanos shows up with a CC or higher item he wins.

If he makes clones with his prep, he probably wins a slight majority.

If he spends his time researching the Lanterns he loses.

Brockalizer

And are you seriously suggesting that Thanos is going to spend his prep time hopping over to the DCU and studying them? Please. Are you seriously contending that Thanos would ignore such a valuable strategic tactic? Studying your adversary for weaknesses is one of the oldest and most successful strategic tactics in all of existence.

Stoic
I'm still trying to figure out how they would be able to physically hurt Thanos under normal or average circumstances? Taking blasts from a clone of Galactus touted to be more powerful than the original, Odin, and Galactus himself. I'm just at a loss.

abhilegend
Are you sure you want to go by high showings root only? Thanos has been hurt plenty of times by beings lower than that.

jitay
Thanos

Cogito
Are you seriously contending that Thanos would ignore such a valuable strategic tactic?

Wow.

You really think Thanos hopping over to the DCU is a viable tactic?

facepalm

ODG
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm still trying to figure out how they would be able to physically hurt Thanos under normal or average circumstances? Taking blasts from a clone of Galactus touted to be more powerful than the original, Odin, and Galactus himself. I'm just at a loss. PG Thor was putting him on his a$$. Thanos being stomped on by Odin and Galactus doesn't elevate him to their levels.

jitay
And are you seriously suggesting that Thanos is going to spend his prep time hopping over to the DCU and studying them? Please.

where were they gonna fight?

Brockalizer
Wow.

You really think Thanos hopping over to the DCU is a viable tactic?

facepalm If you are a master strategist and have the means to do so then absolutely yes, it would make perfect sense. It would be perfectly consistent with his character. When Mistress Death tasked Thanos with killing half of all life, he didn't just say "Yes Mistress", and then jump in with both feet. He used the resources at his disposal, in that case the Infinity Abyss, and created a strategy to accomplish that goal.

Cogito
Can we please stop making shit up?

Thanos can't hop into the DCU during his prep time. He does not have the ability to hop into DC. That shit's stupid.
Thanos is not equal to Galactus
Thanos will not manipulate Galactus into working for him. That's against forum rules anyways.
Thanos will not phuck with the Central Battery

Uriel005

Thanos can't hop into the DCU during his prep time. He does not have the ability to hop into DC. That shit's stupid.
Thanos will not manipulate Galactus into working for him. That's against forum rules anyways.
Thanos will not phuck with the Central Battery Thanos messing with central battery is like someone going into Reed's lab while hes prepping against them and destroying all his equipment. Don't think going in and wrecking their gear counts as prep so much as outright sabotage.

jitay
is that againxt forum rules though

Brockalizer

So someone that has the means to travel to different universes and is prepping for a fight with an enemy from another universe, is not going to that universe to do some re-con. This is Thanos of Titan we're talking about, not George Armstrong Custer.

Never said he was, but Galactus has subordinated himself to Thanos in the past.

Thanos will not manipulate Galactus into working for him. That's against forum rules anyways. Forum rules aside, why chouldn't someone who has manipulated Abstracts in the past, do so to Galactus? Is the G-man special somehow?

Thanos will not phuck with the Central Battery Again, attacking an enemies power source is a perfectly viable strategy and one well within character for Thanos.

Originally posted by Uriel005
Thanos messing with central battery is like someone going into Reed's lab while hes prepping against them and destroying all his equipment. Don't think going in and wrecking their gear counts as prep so much as outright sabotage. Unless, that someone teleports into that lab with a small army. If Thanos decides to teleport himself and a couple dozen Thanosi onto the surface of Oa, then the Lanterns are in for a very bad day.

Originally posted by ODG
PG Thor was putting him on his a$$. Thanos being stomped on by Odin and Galactus doesn't elevate him to their levels. No, but Thanos has survived planetary explosions, assault by Abstract, and black holes. Very few Lanterns could do the same.

Cogito
^ Look, if you don't see the multitude of stupidity you're putting out, then we're done here. Thanos hopping from one universe to another within the Marvel U is entirely different from hopping into DC.

Supermex
I can see Thanos prepping a way to destroy the battery..
But would Thanos be that big of a dick to do somthing like that!!??

Cogito
facepalm

Fight would take place in a neutral battleground, per forum rules; i.e. not Oa. Reaching the Central Battery would be self-BFR.

Supermex
facepalm

Fight would take place in a neutral battleground, per forum rules; i.e. not Oa. Reaching the Central Battery would be self-BFR.

I'm making this fight that Thanos has 2 weeks prep time then he Attacks the G.L Corps in the DCU..

The G.L Corps have a 2 Days notice/prep before The Mad Titans arrivival..

Cogito
Ok, change the rules 4 pages in.

If Thanos takes even two seconds to assault the Central Battery, he's going to find himself with 7,200 rings shoved up his ass. Bad plan.

Brockalizer
^ Look, if you don't see the multitude of stupidity you're putting out, then we're done here. Thanos hopping from one universe to another within the Marvel U is entirely different from hopping into DC. If someone from the DCU can travel to the Marvelverse, and it's still considered cannon, i.e Mxy, then it is possible for someone with the ability to traverse universes from the Marvelverse to enter the DCU.

Cogito
If someone from the DCU can travel to the Marvelverse, and it's still considered cannon, i.e Mxy, then it is possible for someone with the ability to traverse universes from the Marvelverse to enter the DCU.

This is retarded, tbh. /shrug

Odekahn
Thanos isn't doing this alone, so unless he steals something of great power (which the Marvel heroes will never let him) he's boned.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Odekahn
Thanos isn't doing this alone, so unless he steals something of great power (which the Marvel heroes will never let him) he's boned. Not really, if he uses his prep to create a small army of a few dozen Thanosi.

Brockalizer
This is retarded, tbh. /shrug It's called precedent fanboy, and it goes both ways.

SquallX
You guys saying Thanos gets this prep and what not, have you all forgotten that the Lanterns themselves gets 2 day prep?

Kyle summons Ion, becomes Omnipotent and kills Thanos.

Or Hal lets parallax takes over him and ****s Thanos up.

If we go by New 52, Kyle becomes the White Lantern, or the first Lantern ****s Thanos up.

No matter how you look at this, Thanos loses.

Odekahn
Not really, if he uses his prep to create a small army of a few dozen Thanosi.

It would be a glorified Zodiac, and he'd still get rolled.

Cogito
It's called precedent fanboy, and it goes both ways.

There is no precedent. Characters can't jump from Marvel to DC with prep time. Thanos can't do it, TOAA can't do it, the Presence can't do it. Just doesn't work that way.

TheLordofMurder
The entire corps? 7,200 Lanterns, Ion, and Guardians?

Hah. Unless Thanos pulls together the Infinity Gems or a cosmic cube or something, he's screwed.

thumb up

This is spite against Thanos...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by SquallX
You guys saying Thanos gets this prep and what not, have you all forgotten that the Lanterns themselves gets 2 day prep?

Kyle summons Ion, becomes Omnipotent and kills Thanos.

Or Hal lets parallax takes over him and ****s Thanos up.

If we go by New 52, Kyle becomes the White Lantern, or the first Lantern ****s Thanos up.

No matter how you look at this, Thanos loses.

thumb up

ODG
No, but Thanos has survived planetary explosions, assault by Abstract, and black holes. Very few Lanterns could do the same. True, few Lanterns could. But there are thousands here along with the newest Guardians as well. And Mogo is alive.

Thanos would need Guy Gardner on his side.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
True, few Lanterns could. But there are thousands here along with the newest Guardians as well. And Mogo is alive.

Thanos would need Guy Gardner on his side.

thumb up

Brockalizer
Originally posted by ODG
True, few Lanterns could. But there are thousands here along with the newest Guardians as well. And Mogo is alive.

Thanos would need Guy Gardner on his side. Yes, I know that, but at the end of the day this comes down to who is the better strategist Thanos or the Guardians. Thanos has faced equally as or even more impressive opponents in the past and come out on top, or to be defeated by himself. The Guardians have a greater history of underestimating their opponents than Thanos does.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.