Hyperion vs. Ultraman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
Hype from avengers vs. ultraman from csa (dcnu)

carver9
Hype.

Zack Fair
Hype.

Golgo13
Too early to tell. Ultraman has only been in a couple issues.

Mshinu
Hyperion solos.

Philosophía
If we're to quantify their feats, moving the moon as fast as Ultraman did is superior to Hyperion palming the Earths until they crumble.

But other than that, Ultraman doesn't have anything, so Hyperion for now.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hyperion was holding off two Universes collapsing on each other through the Earths. The pressure was so immense that the planets crumbled but as we saw, he never faltered.

But whatever.

Zack Fair
Hyperion's feat > Ultraman's.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hyperion was holding off two Universes collapsing on each other through the Earths. The pressure was so immense that the planets crumbled but as we saw, he never faltered.

But whatever. I can palm two balloons as they're slowly pushed by tanks, too.

They'll eventually crumble (as the Earths did). That doesn't mean I overpowered the tanks.

It's still an impressive strength and durability feat for Hyperion (one of the top 3 strength feats in Marvel for high heralds and lower), so there's no taking away from that.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Hyperion's feat > Ultraman's. Overall , yes. Strength-wise, no.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Philosophía
He held the Earth's apart from the collapsing incursions until they crumbled under the pressure. What about that don't you get? Yes. What about the fact that doesn't involve 'overpowering two Universes' don't you get?

Momentarily, I also hold the balloons apart, until they crumble, too. I never overpowered the tanks. And neither did Hyperion with the Universes.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Bentley
Clearly Ultraman's feat was higher in the strength department.

But Hyperion currently has the most complete resume and thus I give him the fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Clearly? Why do we even let French people post here? Disgusting.

Bentley
What Ultraman did, he did with ease, we saw Hyperion's face making a huge effort at barely holding those Earths.

I like Thor, I can lift the posting hammer ahah

Philosophía
I don't know if he can overpower the incursion points but it's pretty clear he was strong enough to hold them at bay:

Whatever, think what you want. If by 'them' you mean 'Earths' then we're in total agreement.

Hyperion was strong enough to hold 2 Earths from touching eachother. But, as the Universes advanced, the Earths couldn't take the pressure so they crumbled.

Like my tanks/balloons analogy:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/hyperionfeat_zpsc4eef28f.png

Hyperion never outmuscled two Universes, the same way I never outmuscled tanks. But we both outmuscled two balloons/Earths from moving.

Simple. Agree?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Bentley
Clearly Ultraman's feat was higher in the strength department.

But Hyperion currently has the most complete resume and thus I give him the fight. thumb up

It's not so much the strain, either, as it is the fact that Ultraman moved the Moon significant distance in moments.

From a purely phyics perspective, that takes a crazy amount of power to do .

Comics-wise, it's basically "that guy can easily move the moon in front of the Sun as he's weakened by it, while that guy struggles to hold Earths apart". So just looking at it from afar, Ultraman is stronger.

Golgo13
Ultraman was also weakening or beginning to weaken because of the sunlight, but still moved the moon at super speeds and with no trouble at all. Hyperion's feat is great, but how would that translate in a battle. This is a fight, not a feat war.

Golgo13

Golgo13
Ultraman can also cause small craters just by walking. shifty

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/FE_zpsa079bfb3.jpg

ODG

Bentley
Originally posted by ODG
Are you phucking stupid?

Nice way of flamming directly without even touching the argument for afar dear.

ODG
Nice way of flamming directly without even touching the argument for afar dear. Irrespective of the fact that I've already discussed Hyperion's feat in detail with others who attempted to pretend it didn't actually happen, what exactly are you expecting me to do here? Deconstruct the argument that shifting a moon's orbit is a superior feat to holding apart two universes merging together at their incursion points?

I question what type of thinking goes into choosing to defend the so-called "dignity" of such a moronic statement on its face. By all means, elaborate.

wolverinos
Nice way of flamming directly without even touching the argument for afar dear.

thats what ODG always does, he cant do better.

Philosophía
Nice way of flamming directly without even touching the argument for afar dear. It's either that, or making well-structured paragraphs that are without any kind of logic.

The guy really likes to hear himself speak. I'm pretty sure when he's feeling down, he sends himself private messages to read them and cheer up.

ODG

Rao Kal El

CosmicComet
If Ultraman was moving the moon even one diameter length per second, he was moving it over 1% lightspeed.

Pretty damn good.

Bentley
Originally posted by ODG
Irrespective of the fact that I've already discussed Hyperion's feat in detail with others who attempted to pretend it didn't actually happen, what exactly are you expecting me to do here? Deconstruct the argument that shifting a moon's orbit is a superior feat to holding apart two universes merging together at their incursion points?

I question what type of thinking goes into choosing to defend the so-called "dignity" of such a moronic statement on its face. By all means, elaborate.

If you've already discussed the feat, I understand you not wanting to deconstruct it again. One way or another I wouldn't go to an insult.

The argument IS sort of semantic anyways, the scan does say he held the Earths until they gave out. How much energy does it take for the Earths to give out it's pretty iffy if you ask me, because we'd be applying regular physics to the interaction between too different universes. If I recall the context correctly physics must've been pretty messed up at that point, the Infinity Gems were broken under similar situations.

And well, the physics regarding moving-planets-physics are pretty sick anyways, I'm half expecting some random newb jumping in stating "Ultraman didn't use strength, he used flight to move that moon".

If you tell me in which thread you argued this before I'll go read it.

ODG
If you've already discussed the feat, I understand you not wanting to deconstruct it again. One way or another I wouldn't go to an insult. Stupid deserves to be slapped down. Especially this absurd level of stupid. Originally posted by Bentley
The argument IS sort of semantic anyways, the scan does say he held the Earths until they gave out. How much energy does it take for the Earths to give out it's pretty iffy if you ask me, because we'd be applying regular physics to the interaction between too different universes. If I recall the context correctly physics must've been pretty messed up at that point, the Infinity Gems were broken under similar situations. That most of the Infinity Gems actually broke isn't a fact that diminishes the scope of the crisis Hyperion dealt with. Has this been LOST on you? These weren't some sh1tty alternate universe gems. These were the 616 Infinity Gems. The Incursion that Hyperion dealt with? That sh1t ain't planetary, son. That sh1t is straight up universal. Universal+, even. So much so, Hickman reduced the 616 Infinity Gems to fodder casualties to it. Originally posted by Bentley
And well, the physics regarding moving-planets-physics are pretty sick anyways, I'm half expecting some random newb jumping in stating "Ultraman didn't use strength, he used flight to move that moon". Ultraman moving moons into new orbits, you mean? How about a multiversally systemic breakdown moving two universes together via their planetary incursion points? Setting aside the vast universal scope that is somehow being swept under the rug here, consider the following:

What's a greater strength feat, A or B? A: Ultraman shifting a moon's orbit to create a lunar eclipse. B: Ultraman holding his ground while Superman and Green Lantern push two Earths into Ultraman to the point where Kal and Hal push so hard, the two Earths actually crumble to pieces around Ultraman.

In what fairytale land of mental delusion is A a greater strength feat than B? Why do I even have to explain this? Originally posted by Bentley
If you tell me in which thread you argued this before I'll go read it. Search function is shot to all hell. Try Google.

Philosophía
Originally posted by ODG
Search function is shot to all hell. Try Google. I'll be happy to wipe the floor with you in this thread, if you're confident in your arguments, dumby.

Go right ahead.

Originally posted by ODG
What's a greater strength feat, A or B? A: Ultraman shifting a moon's orbit to create a lunar eclipse. B: Ultraman holding his ground while Superman and Green Lantern push two Earths into Ultraman to the point where Kal and Hal push so hard, the two Earths actually crumble to pieces around Ultraman. Moving the moon through space even at fractions of lightspeed (say 1%) no less] takes more strength than holding against Earths mass being pushed towards you until the lower durability of the Earths makes them crumble.

You're a moron for thinking otherwise.

Philosophía
I'm half expecting some random newb jumping in stating "Ultraman didn't use strength, he used flight to move that moon". To be fair, it was heavily implied by Hickman that Hyperion didn't stop the Earths using pure strength , and that he'd revisit this scene at a later time.

But up until then, it's better to use it as a strength feat, for debate purposes.

ODG

Bentley
@ODG: I'll try the search fonction. And I brought up the gems because I thought it was a way of arguing against the first theory I brought up, I'm open to either interpretation really.

Stoic
Originally posted by ODG
Irony overload.

I can't be the only one who sees it. facepalm

You aren't. Holding two universe apart by sheer strength is multitudes higher than moving a moon. You know it, and I know it.

ODG
It's TWO EARTHS being smashed into each other by TWO UNIVERSES.

What the phuck does shifting a Moon's natural orbit have any place being even in the same conversation as this??????????????????

CHRIST.

abhilegend
Search function is good again. Also here we go again.

Newjak
Remain civil in this thread guys. ODG refrain from attacking other posters.

Bentley
Originally posted by ODG
Two crumbling planets > not-crumbling moon.

Not saying this is false, but there is no reason for the moon to crumble without any strength opposing the push from Ultraman.

Philosophía
Originally posted by ODG
Restating your inane supposition, isn't an argument. How is two universes pushing two Earths together until they collapse a greater strain than shifting a moon's orbit around? You're literally clueless on anything regarding dumbed-down high-school level physics here, dumby.

This is going to get really embarrasing for you, if you don't stop.

The fact that it was the Universe pushing the Earth towards Hyperion is irrelevant - it might aswell just have been Superman on the other side. The same way, in my analogy, it could have been tanks, cars, sumo fighters or anything else you can think of pushing the balloons towards the palms of my hand.

Let me get this dumbed down even further.

Imagine, instead of tanks here:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/hyperionfeat_zpsc4eef28f.png

...there's two very massive guys.

They're palming the balloons towards me at the same speed the tanks are.

Now, in your very kindergarden-level knowledge you're currently suffocating in, you might say that I have to deal with a lower level of strain than the ones done by the tank (because OMG TANKS>>>TWO MASSIVE GUYS?! WTF ?!, right, dumby?)

No, dumby. It's the same level of strain. Because I have to deal with the velocity and mass the balloons are coming towards me .

The same way it's the velocity and mass of the Earths that matter in the Hyperion feat, and not what's pushing the Earths themselves.

Should I recommend a step by step manual for you, dumby?

I told you not to get out of your bench if you can't keep up in the other thread.

Stoic
Originally posted by ODG
It's TWO EARTHS being smashed into each other by TWO UNIVERSES.

What the phuck does shifting a Moon's natural orbit have any place being even in the same conversation as this??????????????????

CHRIST.

Dude the difference would be like one person easily carrying a 5 gallon aquarium, while the other carries a football stadium. 2 universes or a moon? Which is greater? This isn't hard to understand, and i don't know why you would bother wasting your time on the inane. You're right.

jitay
their arguament holds no water

abhilegend
laughing out loud

ODG
Not saying this is false, but there is no reason for the moon to crumble without any strength opposing the push from Ultraman. One: taking what you say as true would completely diminish what Ultraman did. Essentially, Ultraman, pushed against no resistance is what you're saying. Two: There is resistance counteracting against Ultraman's strength: the force of the Moon's natural orbital path.

I mean, let's all be clear, we are all already assuming that Ultraman didn't just push the Moon further along its own orbital path momentum, but in contravention of it or even completely backwards against it. Otherwise, it'd be like pushing a bicycle downhill instead of uphill.

carver9
Before that scene, Ultraman sniffed up some amp juice. Hell, going by this statement, I think he could have snorted some more before pushing the moon in front of the sun.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot3_zpsd47198e8.jpg.html

ODG

jitay
its less two balloons and more two giant hunks of rock
(i dont know whether your flashing down cos of the durability thing but even then it wont be two balloons more like to footballs {soccer balls})

so even then thats an insane durability feat all off its own

TheGodKiller

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
And this is all, once again, ignoring the universal implications of what Incursions actually are. Reed stated it explicitly: Cap pushing against the Earth, was literally pushing against it's entire universe. You can deflect onto balloons all you want and collapsing weights all you want. Cap pushed against an Earth, and pushed the weight of its entire universe along with it, WITHOUT the Earth collapsing.

But this complete ignorance of the fundamental and explicit laws set forth within the four corners of the comic isn't what infuriates me here. It's the complete gall that you have to pretend to not understand that pushing against two Earths collapsing into each other isn't somehow greater than shifting a moon's orbit.
Exactly. The Reed revelation puts the nail in the coffin of all the naysayers of this feat.

It would be far more reasonable for guys like Philo and Diesl to just cry PIS instead of trying to use faulty logic and a retarded invocation of high-school physics to try and twist the feat into anything lesser than what it really is.

ODG
All this god damned nonsense about Hyperion pushing two balloons. He pushed against two Earths, ffs -- again, even if you want to ignore the explicit facts that pushing Earths = pushing universes by the laws set up via Incursions.

Hyperion didn't push against two balloons anymore than Ultraman moved around a single balloon 1/4th the size that's rotating around another balloon. Christ.

jitay
^lol

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by ODG
All this god damned nonsense about Hyperion pushing two balloons. He pushed against two Earths, ffs -- again, even if you want to ignore the explicit facts that pushing Earths = pushing universes by the laws set up via Incursions.

Hyperion didn't push against two balloons anymore than Ultraman moved around a single balloon 1/4th the size that's rotating around another balloon. Christ.
Either ways, his feat(both from the strength and durability perspective) is far and away superior to Ultraman's.

Stoic
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The balloons will explode much more quickly in one case than the other. Not to mention that your arms will get bent back a little bit either scenario.

Nope. If you realized how hilariously off-base you are with this eldritch abomination of a combination of bullshit and nonsense, the you won't bother posting in this thread anymore if you realized what a load of crap this is.

If the earth is just a balloon that explodes upon being pushed by a large mass against a very durable small object(Hyperion), then there is no way whatsoever that it shouldn't explode when being pushed back by someone with the actual strength to push back universal masses.

Well there's also zee incredible feat of zee book of infinite pages that we could strawman into. Let's just wipe our feet on zis one and move on. Shall we?

ODG
Either ways, his feat(both from the strength and durability perspective) is far and away superior to Ultraman's. I hate myself for even dignifying this nonsense. I'ma counteract this dive into inanity by opening some thread somewhere and claiming that Spider-Man surviving a point-blank grenade attack is a greater durability feat than Superman withstanding a supernova.

I don't know in advance how I'm going to justify it. But it'll have something to do with balloons, apparently.

jitay
Spidey has comparably insane durability though

ODG
http://31.media.tumblr.com/895cecc55f41c7dc63b42baf577622cf/tumblr_mkstneYQHP1s5s9ouo1_250.gif

jitay
was that in relation to me? sad confused

vince_slice
"The Earth is like an island breaking the surface of an ocean. He's literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us..."
http://s21.postimg.org/5pmhnmcrn/New_Avengers_003_Zone_018.jpg

Mindset
Phildo and ODG always bring the lulz.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by carver9
Before that scene, Ultraman sniffed up some amp juice. Hell, going by this statement, I think he could have snorted some more before pushing the moon in front of the sun.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot3_zpsd47198e8.jpg.html
It's not him getting an amp as much as simply recharging to full power.

We don't go about saying Galactus amped himself by feeding on a world before his fight with Odin.

-Pr-
Ultraman wasn't amped.

Hyperion at least pushed two earths.

Now ****ing move on.

jimbojankins
I live the path this thread has taken

jimbojankins
Love

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -Pr-
Ultraman wasn't amped.

Hyperion at least pushed two earths.

Now ****ing move on.
Then the thread will die... sad

Plus I just prepared my snack.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhm5zinKa1ql85u5.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus

leonidas
meh, i get what phil's trying to say, and i think even odg gets where he's coming from as he/you said:

Originally posted by ODG
It wouldn't take two universes to crush two Earths. But it takes more force than moving a god damn moon's orbit.

i agree with odg's statement--he seems to have held apart as much of the universes as the EARTHS could bear. and in phil's defense, he did say it was one of the great strength feats in comics history. as for the moon pushing, after initially moving it, its momentum would play a large role in the continual movement of it so i can't see it being as great a feat as hype's. tbh, it is pretty impossible to say just how much 'universe' it took to crush the planets, but as odg said, it couldn't have required ALL their masses. still, whatever force WAS exerted should have been above what it took to move the moon. were those earth's made of utterly indestructible material and he stood in the middle of them it would have been interesting to see what they would have had happen to him.

the ig feat seems to blatantly contradict hype's feat though. the ig seemed to actually apply enough force to move the earth and the universe backwards without breaking the planet. to me, that says (unlike hyperion) the ig exerted more than just force. which makes sense, given the nearly infinite resources and abilities the ig wielder can bring to bear.

horrorwolf
This is a win for Hyperion.

-Pr-
mmm Should I use my powers of invisibility for good, or evil...

Bentley
Originally posted by leonidas
meh, i get what phil's trying to say, and i think even odg gets where he's coming from as he/you said:

i agree with odg's statement--he seems to have held apart as much of the universes as the EARTHS could bear. and in phil's defense, he did say it was one of the great strength feats in comics history. as for the moon pushing, after initially moving it, its momentum would play a large role in the continual movement of it so i can't see it being as great a feat as hype's. tbh, it is pretty impossible to say just how much 'universe' it took to crush the planets, but as odg said, it couldn't have required ALL their masses. still, whatever force WAS exerted should have been above what it took to move the moon. were those earth's made of utterly indestructible material and he stood in the middle of them it would have been interesting to see what they would have had happen to him.

the ig feat seems to blatantly contradict hype's feat though. the ig seemed to actually apply enough force to move the earth and the universe backwards without breaking the planet. to me, that says (unlike hyperion) the ig exerted more than just force. which makes sense, given the nearly infinite resources and abilities the ig wielder can bring to bear.

Pretty much. Didn't think about the momentum myself for the Moon Feat though.

ODG
the ig feat seems to blatantly contradict hype's feat though. the ig seemed to actually apply enough force to move the earth and the universe backwards without breaking the planet. to me, that says (unlike hyperion) the ig exerted more than just force. which makes sense, given the nearly infinite resources and abilities the ig wielder can bring to bear. On this, the Earth serving as the focal point of the IG's energies doesn't necessarily contradict what Hyperion did at all. Each Incursion lasts a finite amount of time, at which point both Earths are destroyed. And this rule isn't something I made up, it's explicitly told to us in New Avengers, repeatedly. This time limit is why Dr. Strange and Iron Man yelled at Cap w/IG, that it isn't enough to just stop the Earth from advancing, you have to push it away along with its universe and send it back to it's proper place in the Multiverse to end the Incursion's threat:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/Incursion01.jpg

Had Cap just kept it suspended in place like Hyperion did, both Earths would have been destroyed eventually even if they weren't touching. Hyperion wasn't strong enough to push the other Earth along with its universe away. That is why Hyperion failed, and the Gems didn't.

leonidas
i was't questioning whether the earth was pushed, but rather the nature of the forces pushing it. to me, it seems reasonable to think that cap used something more than just something analagous to physical force to push, given the full nature of the ig and the forces it can bring to bear. after all, the ig turns thought into reality. at the least, it seems....not illogical to say cap may have been reinforcing the other earth in some way, or calling upon more forces than were depicted. speculative, clearly, but i don't think i'm reaching too far.

ODG
^ It's possible, but given the complete absence of even an intimation that Cap w/IG was stabilizing the alternate Earth so he could bring more power to bear on it as a focal point of his power, unsupported. The absence of proof isn't proof of absence, but Hickman spent an entire issue with people talking around a table explaining the mechanics behind the Incursions. He wasn't exactly left wanting for panel space.

Furthermore, Reed's exposition makes it unlikely. "That earth is like an island breaking the surface of an ocean. He's literally pushing an entire Universe hidden from us..." Reed would have been the perfect person to have noted or advised Cap that he can't just push the Earth away, he has to reinforce it along with his efforts to push it otherwise it'd break under the strain. But all we see is the Earth and Reed, in no uncertain terms says, pushing the Earth is literally pushing its entire universe.

Finally, there are already strange physics at play during the Incursions. The proximity of those Earths being even that close together would have caused gravitic and atmospheric catastrophes. They didn't. Hickman goes out of his way to note that. Certainly, if they did, the IG would presumably be powerful enough to stabilize all those catastrophic forces. But Hickman set up the Incursions such that it was all but unnecessary. The crisis isn't: we have to push the Earth along with its universe away, but y'know, the Earth's mass cannot support a universe, so we have to also compensate for stress fractures along its crust, solid matter compression, gravimetric chaos anomalies, blahblahblah, etc. Indeed, those concerns are largely done away with already by Hickman.

The focus is on the Earth. Its destruction, or mutually assured destruction. The impossible choice. And the theme of New Avengers.

leonidas
i can't argue your position, but i do believe there was more at work, even if it wasn't explicitly shown. essentially cap's thought would become reality. it just seems odd that he would just shoot some random force beam at the planet without calling (even subconsciously, as the elders did) upon the other abilities of the ig. funny you mentioned about the earth cracking and what not. i was thinking our universe itself would likely have been pushed backwards. easily explained as the ig doing the work, and not cap himself. as i said, i'm not arguing the point, because i have no support (aside from the history of the ig itself.....) but it still seems to better explain that scene, imo.

ODG
^ Captain America amping the alternate Earth's durability off-panel with the IG serves as a better explanation of what, exactly?

What is the logistical conundrum that perplexes you here?

Branlor Swift
ODG, I think what you're forgetting is that balloons and tanks. If I need to say more you just don't understand

Also, I thought Ultraman was supposed to be the same Ultraman from pre boot? He even made a remark that this Superman looked the previous.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
ODG, I think what you're forgetting is that balloons and tanks. If I need to say more you just don't understand

Also, I thought Ultraman was supposed to be the same Ultraman from pre boot? He even made a remark that this Superman looked the previous.

There's more than one preboot Ultraman.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by -Pr-
There's more than one preboot Ultraman. Earth 3 Ultraman though?

leonidas
Originally posted by ODG
^ Captain America amping the alternate Earth's durability off-panel with the IG serves as a better explanation of what, exactly?

What is the logistical conundrum that perplexes you here?

the issue that seemed to be contradictory was the fact that the ig managed to push earth away without breaking the planet, while hype applied less force and the planet shattered. to me, that would indicate steve applied more than just 'physical' force to keep the planet from reaching earth.

ODG
^ The Incursion ended. Earths are destroyed when Incursions end, as do their respective universes. The strain of Hyperion's resistance wasn't what destroyed the universes, lol. Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Also, I thought Ultraman was supposed to be the same Ultraman from pre boot? He even made a remark that this Superman looked the previous. Of course, silly me. Among such venerable theories as "space cheese" and "cheetah speed" who could forget the compelling counter-argument of "balloons n' tanks"?

Why limit it to Hyperion? Thor busted planets as collateral damage? Nope. Dem wuz clearly balloons. And Gorr was a M1 Sherman tank. Worldbreaker Hulk? Pssh, yea right. Dark Dimension's chock full of balloons n' tanks.

Branlor Swift
the issue that seemed to be contradictory was the fact that the ig managed to push earth away without breaking the planet, while hype applied less force and the planet shattered. to me, that would indicate steve applied more than just 'physical' force to keep the planet from reaching earth. Thus the need for tactile kinesis

The IG can do anything, I don't see why it couldn't preserve a planet that they want to preserve while also pushing it away

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by ODG
^ The Incursion ended. Earths are destroyed when Incursions end, as do their respective universes. The strain of Hyperion's resistance wasn't what destroyed the universes, lol. Of course, silly me. Among such venerable theories as "space cheese" and "cheetah speed" who could forget the compelling counter-argument of "balloons n' tanks"?

Why limit it to Hyperion? Thor busted planets as collateral damage? Nope. Dem wuz clearly balloons. And Gorr was a M1 Sherman tank. Worldbreaker Hulk? Pssh, yea right. Dark Dimension's chock full of balloons n' tanks.

At least this is better than Phil's last attempt to lowball it, when he stated that the universes were only involved in the kablooey part

But balloons and tanks should be a universal accepted equation if it isn't by now

ODG
Originally posted by ODG
^ The Incursion ended. Earths are destroyed when Incursions end, as do their respective universes. The strain of Hyperion's resistance wasn't what destroyed the universes, lol. Anyway, upon re-reading this, I wasn't being clear. So let me restate it more clearly. Hyperion's resistance didn't destroy the Earths. Had the Earths been destroyed, the incursion point of the universes would become unmoored thus sparing their respective universes. That's the rule. Reed explained it. Alternate Terrax explained that was what alternate Galactus did. Even Black Swan explained that many alternate Hank McCoys have done it, i.e., evacuating the Earth, then destroying it:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/Incursion03a.jpg

But clearly in Hyperion's case, both universes were destroyed. Ergo, Hyperion couldn't have destroyed the Earths before the Incursion's time limit. Otherwise, both universes would have survived. For Hyperion to have circumvented this rule... he would have had to exert enough strength to not just destroy the Earths but also their respective universes. Hence, my loling, "The strain of Hyperion's resistance wasn't what destroyed the universes, lol."

dmills
Harmonic barriers. Iirc Hickman mentioned something about harmonic barriers forming around the Earth(s) once an incursion is imminent. That may explain why the earth(s) can be "held" apart or "pushed" away.

LordofBrooklyn
As a noted authority on physics, allow me to weigh in on the Hyperion debate.

So sorry, it is time for nachos!

Maybe next time.

Philosophía
Originally posted by ODG
Hyperion did not hold two balloons apart. For the purpose of explaining you as I would to to a mildly-mentally impaired puddle of illogical gramatical coherency, which you most certainly are, the balloons analogy suited just fine as far as illustrating what happened.

Originally posted by ODG
He held two Earths apart. Along with their respective universes. What is not computing here? Yes, Hyperion held two Earths apart.

No, Hyperion didn't stop the masses of the other two respective Universes. He held them apart, in the same way I held apart the tanks from advancing, while holding the balloons - i.e. not at all.

The Earths are the 'tip' of the Universes. Stopping them, doesn't mean stopping the whole Universes from advancing, for the simple fact that The Earths aren't durable enough to sustain the mass of two Universes pushing them from one side , while they can't advance on the other side .

Even if the Earths were made from adamantium, they couldn't have supported that much mass.

And they didn't.

They crumbled, as it would be expected of them, and as it would be expected of balloons that are pushed by tanks from one side, while they can't advance from my stopping them from the other side.

They get destroyed from the pressure.

So either you:

a). Agree with me that Hyperion is strong enough to stop two Earths from advancing, until the durability of the Earths gives in and they crumbled, and in this scenario Hyperion has to be strong enough to withstand as much pressure as the Earths can until they can't anymore

or

b). You stick to you guns. You say Hyperion stopped the mass of two entire Universes. In which case, you say that the Earths are durable enough to sustain two Universes. But wait? Why did they crumble? Because they can't sustain two Universes, like any even adamantium made Earths would? Shocking!

Be dumb or be right

It's up to you.

Originally posted by ODG
And this is all, once again, ignoring the universal implications of what Incursions actually are. Reed stated it explicitly: Cap pushing against the Earth, was literally pushing against it's entire universe. You can deflect onto balloons all you want and collapsing weights all you want. Cap pushed against an Earth, and pushed the weight of its entire universe along with it, WITHOUT the Earth collapsing. Because Cap used the IG, an artifact that grants near-omnipotence, and not the palm of his hands.

I hope you're not implying that Cap shooting energy at the Earth was just him bombarding it until, what, it runs back taking its Universe with him? I mean, dumby, please, don't go double retard here on me.

Yes, if you're able to keep the Earth intact (i.e. use the Infinity Gauntlets and not the palm of your hands) and you have the power to move it back (i.e. use the Infinity Gauntlets and not the palm of your hands), then it's perfectly normal that it would move back.

That doesn't contradict anything. I mean, can you even follow the discussion?

If the balloons were:

a). durable enough to withstand the pressure put on by the palms of my hands and the tanks
b). I was suddenly Hulking out, and got tremendous strength.

Then, of course, I'd be pushing the balloons back.

That's obvious.

What's baffling, and frankly, leaning towards the inevitable "OneDumbGo really this dumb" is the fact that you..

...are equating...

Hyperion using the palms of his hands...

to Captain America using a weapon that grants near-omnipotence...

http://images.wikia.com/vampirediaries/images/9/96/Jensen_Ackles_uhh_wtf.gif

Originally posted by ODG
Holding apart two boulders being crushed to pieces around you by two tanks is a greater strength feat than moving around a boulder 1/4th the size. The materials the Earth is made of are vastly less durable than Hyperion's toenail. The analogy would be more like:

What takes more force:
a). Having a round ball of 20kg of cotton crumble as you hold it apart with the palms of your hands from advancing, as it's being pushed by an external force.
b). Moving 5 kg of cotton at the speed of sound nigh-instantly.

Shall I begin posting the math, or is it too obvious ?

dial J for Josh
....Ultraman and Superman are such Hyperion ripoffs. Hyperion wrecks him.

zopzop
Wasn't a question about this Hyperion feat asked to Hickman on his FormSpring account? Didn't the guy also bring up the fact that the IG shattered when Captain America tried to use it to stop an incursion? Didn't he, Hickman, say it would be explained later how Hyperion did what he did?

I could have sworn TheGodKiller linked to it on these very forums.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by zopzop
Wasn't a question about this Hyperion feat asked to Hickman on his FormSpring account? Didn't the guy also bring up the fact that the IG shattered when Captain America tried to use it to stop an incursion? Didn't he, Hickman, say it would be explained later how Hyperion did what he did?

I could have sworn TheGodKiller linked to it on these very forums.
Nope, and in all his formspring replies, Hickman either overtly or backhandedly implied that Hyperion literally held those 2 universe apart.

SquallX
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
....Ultraman and Superman are such Hyperion ripoffs. Hyperion wrecks him.

What?

Since when is Superman a rip off of a character he precedes.

ODG

Golgo13
Still too early to tell. I'd bet Ultraman getting the better overall feats after Forever Evil. Vs Hyperion in Hickman's run.

ODG
Originally posted by Golgo13
Still too early to tell. I'd bet Ultraman getting the better overall feats after Forever Evil. Vs Hyperion in Hickman's run. Your unabashed optimism, that Ultraman will have superior feats -- which would have to involve juggling Earths during a multiversally systemic catastrophe -- is far more refreshing than it has any right to be.

I salute you.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
Your unabashed optimism, that Ultraman will have superior feats -- which would have to involve juggling Earths during a multiversally systemic catastrophe -- is far more refreshing than it has any right to be.

I salute you.

Don't be a dick. Feats alone don't win battles.

ODG
Don't be a dick. Feats alone don't win battles. No, they don't win battles alone. Unless the battle is about who has the higher feat. Which was what this thread ended up largely being about from page 1.

And which you unintentionally made a point of emphasizing since you made clear your hope that Ultraman starts topping Hyperion in the feats department.

Like I said, at least you recognize as much. thumb up

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
No, they don't win battles alone. Unless the battle is about who has the higher feat. Which was what this thread ended up largely being about from page 1.

And which you unintentionally made a point of emphasizing since you made clear your hope that Ultraman starts topping Hyperion in the feats department.

Like I said, at least you recognize as much. thumb up

You nerds made into that thread, but it's a VS match. Not a feat war. I still stick by Ultraman having the OVERALL better feats. It's a prediction, which may be wrong, but I stick by it.

ODG
You nerds made into that thread, but it's a VS match. Not a feat war. I still stick by Ultraman having the OVERALL better feats. It's a prediction, which may be wrong, but I stick by it. Which is a refreshing attitude to take. At least you aren't trying to deny that Hyperion has the better feat between the two so far.

Less refreshing is the backhanded swipe at calling us nerds. On a comic book discussion forum. Which largely revolves around which fictional character would win a hypothetical (yet still imaginary) fight. A forum which you post on frequently.

TheGodKiller
Still too early to tell. I'd bet Ultraman getting the better overall feats after Forever Evil. Vs Hyperion in Hickman's run.
In that case, Marvel Comics is going to be the Dementor that drains you of this delusional hope. thumb up

ODG
^ Now that's a vague reference that was totally nerdy. stick out tongue

TheGodKiller
Shame on you. Everyone knows Harry Potter, and how those beautiful big black flying spectres drain people like Prep-Man of their disgusting, appalling and (most of all) unrealistically delusional hope.

ODG
Shame on you. Everyone knows Harry Potter, and how those beautiful big black flying spectres drain people like Prep-Man of their disgusting, appalling and (most of all) unrealistically delusional hope. I thought you were referencing something totally different. sad

Shows how much I care about Harry Potter.

TheGodKiller
Harry Potter is at the top of the movie franchise mountain. thumb up

Not caring about it is a cardinal sin.thumb down

TheGodKiller
Prep-Man's soul has now been forever forfeit to the Marvel Dementor that feeds on the hopes and dreams of DC fans in general.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
Which is a refreshing attitude to take. At least you aren't trying to deny that Hyperion has the better feat between the two so far.

Less refreshing is the backhanded swipe at calling us nerds. On a comic book discussion forum. Which largely revolves around which fictional character would win a hypothetical (yet still imaginary) fight. A forum which you post on frequently.

We're all nerds, don't get so upset. And, yes, I will.

Golgo13
In that case, Marvel Comics is going to be the Dementor that drains you of this delusional hope. thumb up

NO.

ODG
We're all nerds, don't get so upset. And, yes, I will. What exactly was so upset about my post? Especially compared to your earlier calling me a dick outright? Needless projection is needless. And, yes, you will what exactly?

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
What exactly was so upset about my post? Especially compared to your earlier calling me a dick outright? Needless projection is needless. And, yes, you will what exactly?

You just seem like a grumpy man. But if you're not, then that's cool. And I will go along with my prediction.

ODG
You just seem like a grumpy man. But if you're not, then that's cool. And I will go along with my prediction. Ok, but I wasn't calling you a dick. What's that make you exactly?

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
Ok, but I wasn't calling you a dick. What's that make you exactly?

A dick. I don't hide that.

Branlor Swift
ODG is just a man who hates life.

It all started when he was a young lad fresh into summer. One day after a fun and great fishing trip with his dad, his mom asked his dad how his day was. His dad just snapped and savagely beat the entire family before fleeing the country. We're talking about fists and brooms and all sorts of kitchen appliances. ODG took the brunt of the attack.

He never heard from him again, and this has scorned ODG ever since then. All he's searched for since then in life is the simple question of "Why?", and he intends to find that answer where ever he sees fit, even at the expense of all the "prep mans" and "Quanchis" of the world.

When he finds it, he will truly be at peace.

Or something along those lines.

ODG
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7bbd6fZZD1rq3o8k.gif

Golgo13
I guess an ODG CAN cry. laughing out loud

celeyhyga17

It all started when he was a young lad fresh into summer. One day after a fun and great fishing trip with his dad, his mom asked his dad how his day was. His dad just snapped and savagely beat the entire family before fleeing the country. We're talking about fists and brooms and all sorts of kitchen appliances. ODG took the brunt of the attack.

He never heard from him again, and this has scorned ODG ever since then. All he's searched for since then in life is the simple question of "Why?", and he intends to find that answer where ever he sees fit, even at the expense of all the "prep mans" and "Quanchis" of the world.

Or something along those lines.
Or so the story goes.

-K-M-
Originally posted by ODG
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7bbd6fZZD1rq3o8k.gif
Let me taste those tears

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/miley_zps7ca3e075.png

ODG
^ Ugh. Miley Cyrus. The only thing worse than Canada.

-K-M-
Agreed.....*thinks about it*....wait...shut up!

quanchi112

Or something along those lines. Remember that time I ate his soul. Great times. Never saw anyone break like that before.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by quanchi112
Remember that time I ate his soul. Great times. Never saw anyone break like that before. I'm like 80 percent sure ODG would slit your throat and sleep with your corpse. The weird thing is he wouldn't even have sex with it, he'd just sleep with it. Every so often he'd wake up and give you cold stares.

Golgo13
laughing out loud

Mindset
I'm like 80 percent sure ODG would slit your throat and sleep with your corpse. The weird thing is he wouldn't even have sex with it, he'd just sleep with it. Every so often he'd wake up and give you cold stares. Originally posted by Golgo13
laughing out loud

TheGodKiller

Badabing
Hyperion is hyper.

Ultraman is ultra.

Being ultra >>> Being hyper. The math doesn't lie. thumb up

TheGodKiller
Remember that time I ate his soul. Great times. Never saw anyone break like that before.
One would need to be a Dementor for that. You're more of a Boggart(with all of its weaknesses and none of the strengths) than a Dementor.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Badabing
Hyperion is hyper.

Ultraman is ultra.

Being ultra >>> Being hyper. The math doesn't lie. thumb up
But that's h1math, not real math. And it always lies.

maxivitopowe
does that mean the math is like the cake
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVbDCy_CMAAqGp9.jpg

Alias Stone
You should feel bad for that abortion poof a joke

quanchi112
One would need to be a Dementor for that. You're more of a Boggart(with all of its weaknesses and none of the strengths) than a Dementor. You obviously are in ODG country as well.

TheGodKiller
You obviously are in ODG country as well.
That's pretty much true for everyone who has owned you in the past. Which is like everyone on almost every forum of KMC ever.

pym-ftw
This thread is retarded.

I can't even begin to try to figure out how anyone can think the moon is even remotely able to be equated to the earth, that's like saying if I can move a pebble I can shift a tectonic plate...

Hype has the obviously superior feat, but really Ultraman will probably get the vote 6 months from now for knocking out Superman, only to lose the rematch.

Philosophía
Originally posted by ODG
I don't recall giving you permission to post on these forums again after the humiliating rape you were just subjected to. A few days isn't enough for you to begin walking straight again without a funny gait-

... oh, wait. It's been three weeks already. Never mind. That's about right based on past discussions that have gone just as swimmingly for you. Ha. You're still at that point in your e-life where another person not responding to an argument for a long period of time means that he was 'humiliated'? That's equally dumb and cute.

Well, more than two months have passed since I logged on the forum. After all that time crying and self-loathing, I finally managed to build up some courage and reply to you.

Originally posted by ODG
Hyperion didn't hold two balloons apart against tanks anymore than Ultraman pushed a small balloon around a slightly larger balloon without any tanks in sight, you incomparable tool. The balloons are used for the purpose of an analogy, dumby. You still can't wrap your tiny head around the concept, can you?

Originally posted by ODG
Especially since I've grown tired trying to convince you that holding apart two planetary masses from colliding was a superior strength feat to adjusting a smaller lunar mass orbiting a planetary one. Yes, moving the moon at ridiculous speed, requires more strength than palming the Earth.

That's a mathematical certainty.

Originally posted by ODG
Stopping Earths means exactly stopping the universes from advancing during Incursions. Stopping the Earths from advancing means just that - stopping the Earths. Just like stopping the balloons from advancing doesn't mean stopping the tanks, just the balloons. The Universes are still advancing - and that's the problem encountered by Hyperion. The Earth wasn't durable enough to withstand the Universe advancing, and it broke.

Originally posted by ODG
The Earths didn't crumble in either of the Hyperion or Cap scenes. How do we know for certain they didn't? Because had the Earths been destroyed by the simple strain of pushing against them, the respective realities would have been spared universal death via Incursion.

The comic literally states that the Earths broke during Hyperion's attempt:
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/Avengers004-Zone-013_zps6b4c320d.jpg

The Earths were destroyed. The problem was that they still cascaded into eachother, and that cascading energy destroyed the Universe Hyperion was in.

What you can't seem to distinguish is the difference between how Hyperion's attempt destroyed the Earths, and how the Illuminati's bomb does.

The bomb destroys the Earths completly, leaving no place for them to touch, effectively destroying the incursion point.

Imagine the universes as two large piece of cheese .

Hyperion stops them by pressing with his palms. Pieces still remain. They touch. The Universes are destroyed.
The illuminati nuke the trucks.

I'm using an analogy again, because, quite frankly, you're just ridiculously dumb, ODG. I actually need to take you to kindergarten level logic.

Saying Earth is durable enough to sustain a Universe worth of mass (!!!) just because the Infinity Gauntlet, an omnipotent weapon (!!!), moved it and its Universe back is, honestly, the most retarded thing you've ever said.

Bar none.

The fact that your argument is resting on Earth being durable enough to sustain the mass of the Universe, makes your stance, quite possibly, the most ridiculous one in the history of KMC. At least, as far as I've encountered - and I've seen quanchi argue Thanos beats Lucifer.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

A bit late, no?

Thanks for the reminder though. I'd forgotten how ridiculously dumb your arguments could be.

Philosophía
A bit late, no? Weird, that's what I told to your mother more than two decades ago, when her period wouldn't start.

In retrospect, I should have used shoryuken and punched her in the stomach.

Parmaniac
http://shtfliving.com/pictures/shit-hit-the-fan.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus

Badabing
Rage, AFAIK Philo wasn't posting to you in this thread. Is there a reason you bashed him, or are you just testing my resolve on temp bans?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rage, AFAIK Philo wasn't posting to you in this thread. Is there a reason you bashed him, or are you just testing my resolve on temp bans?

Well, we went from me mocking his argument to him going Mindset on my mother so you know, I think it's relatively fair at this point.

But hey, if I was behaving so poorly, you have my apologies and you can edit my first post. I don't need to add anything to balloons/tanks and big pieces of cheese.

Raisen
wow.

philo

Philosophía
Originally posted by Raisen
wow.

philo I know, right?

That's what they all say.

Badabing
Well, we went from me mocking his argument to him going Mindset on my mother so you know, I think it's relatively fair at this point.

But hey, if I was behaving so poorly, you have my apologies and you can edit my first post. I don't need to add anything to balloons/tanks and big pieces of cheese. You started up with him in this thread. So it's not a fair point. And contrary to what people think, my posts in mod situations aren't up for debate.

Parmaniac
Fight me IRL

Rage.Of.Olympus
It has nothing to do with this thread. So it's not a fair point. And contrary to what people think, my posts in mod situations aren't up for debate.

That's not what I said.

Well, fortunately that's not what I'm doing.

It feels like you want something from me but I already gave you a possible solution and yet it doesn't seem satisfactory.

So how about you make up your mind and let me know what it is you want.

Philosophía
How about you shut up?

That would solve it.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Philosophía
Are you a moderator now? Wow, standards are significantly lower then the use to be now that they're letting preening little douches into the club.

If you aren't, how about you let Bada handle his business. The 'Shut up' was a genuine advice. You went on and insulted me again.

You really need to get over your inferiority complex.

Golgo13
Back on topic. Ultraman rips his head off.

celeyhyga17
In b4 close or ban.

Raisen

Rage.Of.Olympus

Philosophía
Yes, and that last part was definitely advice as well. It sure was. You'd do better if you'd follow it.

Back on topic. Ultraman rips his head off. Well, not off.

Apart, maybe.

Badabing
That's not what I said.

Well, fortunately that's not what I'm doing.

It feels like you want something from me but I already gave you a possible solution and yet it doesn't seem satisfactory.

So how about you make up your mind and let me know what it is you want. Wow, you must not have read the part about my posts as a mod not being up for debate. Trust me when I say that I'll get the last word.

But if you want to play, then let's begin. When did Philo insult you which resulted in you flaming him with this post:

I'd forgotten how ridiculously dumb your arguments could be.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>