OWAW Superman Vs Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Superman is sun amped. Current Hyperion. Who wins?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/sundip14dk_zpsc3a32ebb.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HYP_zps5c11051d.jpg

the Darkone
Let the verbal war begin

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Diesldude
Spite thread, superman rips him apart.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Diesldude
Spite thread, superman rips him apart.

But he held 2 universes apart.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Golgo13
But he held 2 universes apart.

I think Philo made a great example of the 2 earths/balloons getting pushed by the universe/tank. Hyperion was in between these 2 earths was trying to hold them apart.

In the hyperion scan, the two different words "world" and "universe" were used in the same sentence. The worlds (the 2 earths) broke but the universes (the to usniverses) collapsed. It was clearly stated that Hyperion was in between 2 Worlds, and held the worlds (not universes) but worlds apart which then broke. Stated in the scans..

Hyperion's feat is amazing because he was able to survive 2 universes collapsing, not because he was supposedly able to hold 2 universes apart.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think Philo made a great example of the 2 earths/balloons getting pushed by the universe/tank. Hyperion was in between these 2 earths was trying to hold them apart.

In the hyperion scan, the two different words "world" and "universe" were used in the same sentence. The worlds (the 2 earths) broke but the universes (the to usniverses) collapsed. It was clearly stated that Hyperion was in between 2 Worlds, and held the worlds (not universes) but worlds apart which then broke. Stated in the scans..

Hyperion's feat is amazing because he was able to survive 2 universes collapsing, not because he was supposedly able to hold 2 universes apart.

The incursion points are entire Universes collapsing, the Earth's are simply all that's visible.

This isn't even debatable after Richard clarified the feat in so much detail:
Originally posted by vince_slice
"The Earth is like an island breaking the surface of an ocean. He's literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us..."
http://s21.postimg.org/5pmhnmcrn/New_Avengers_003_Zone_018.jpg

I can't help but admire all the mental gymnastics being done to dismiss the feat though.

Zack Fair
Supes.

That being said people gonna get banned.

Mindset
Yea, well universes don't punch back.

Luckily, neither will Superman after Hyperion breaks his neck.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Mindset

Luckily, neither will Superman after Hyperion breaks his neck. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Mindset

Luckily, neither will Superman after Hyperion breaks his neck.

laughing out loud

Diesldude
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The incursion points are entire Universes collapsing, the Earth's are simply all that's visible.

This isn't even debatable after Richard clarified the feat in so much detail:

I can't help but admire all the mental gymnastics being done to dismiss the feat though. your ass is the only thing getting any type of exercise here if you think that the earth represented the universe.
Look up at the moon at night, is that the only thing up on the sky? Or is there a part of the universe behind it?

when cap pushed the universe away with the IG, they saw that other earth move away what they didn't see was entire universe getting pushed away by the IG.

we know what Hyperion held apart, stated on panel, we don't know if the entire force/weight of each universe was applied to push each earth.
Going back to reeds statement about the hidden universe, the earths at the incursion points were moving toward each other but what was the rest of the universe doing? Its there but hidden right, that universe was moving in the same direction as the earth towards the other universe. These hidden universes had planets, stars and galaxies right? How much of the universe's force was applied to move them also? You have billions of hidden objects moving with the earth which was leading towards another earth that was leading billions of other hidden objects.

Planets and stars/ galaxies aren't aligned in a straight line with a metal chain like when SB pulled a dozen or so planets, so there wasn't another planet or star connected directly behind each of those earths.
Hyperion stood between those earths and since they were moving towards each other and there was a universal alignment that was pushing them, they collapsed because they got pushed into a more durable object in Hyperion.

btw this has been discussed multiple times, so that's my final say on this feat.

abhilegend
Normal superman oneshotted 7 bodies of harbinger who pulled three universes. He might tap Hyperion's head here so that he doesn't get killed.

TheGodKiller
Superman.

On a sidenote, poor attempt at making a butthurt thread, golgo.

leonidas
sun-amped? lol really?? sundipped superman every time.

maxivitopowe
Why did Supes sun dip himself in this arc?

TheGodKiller
we know what Hyperion held apart, stated on panel, we don't know if the entire force/weight of each universe was applied to push each earth.
Except we do know that. That's how incursions work, unless you got proof that the one which Reed and the Illuminati witnessed was somehow different from the one which Hyperion experienced.

Your "final say" is also highly self-contradictory.

Diesldude
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Except we do know that. That's how incursions work, unless you got proof that the one which Reed and the Illuminati witnessed was somehow different from the one which Hyperion experienced.

Your "final say" is also highly self-contradictory. so are you saying that planet earth is able to hold the weight of the universe?

Insane Titan
Real world science for comics is just pure fail

pym-ftw
Hyperion rips Superman in half.

TheGodKiller
so are you saying that planet earth is able to hold the weight of the universe?
Reed explicitly stated that pushing against an Earth was equivalent to pushing against its entire universe. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Hyperion rips Superman in half. Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

carver9
Hyperion wins after a loooooonnnng fight.

kgkg
Did I miss something?

abhilegend
Haha. The last time superman met someone who moved three universes at once, he treated 7 of her bodies like this.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16571492_1178443-scan0039.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16567720_Superman_Batman_09-19.JPG

Written by the same guy who had written OWAW. You wouldn't like going in a feat war with superman.

leonidas
especially because hype has....ONE feat....? blink

carver9
He has more than one ft. Lol.

leonidas
more than one feat to suggest he could beat SUNDIPPED superman? really? love to hear 'em.... that one feat isn't enough to say he could beat regular superman.

abhilegend
Or this feat which is the mother of all strength feats.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, look at how superman treats people who move three universes at once.

Or lifts entire existence alongside Captain Marvel

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_smcm.jpg

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14776824_wholeexistanceinthebook.jpg

Those wouldn't count somehow, I guess.

I bet if the current hyperion gets pitted against Thor, nobody would point his 'universal feat" in the fight.

Superman would rip Hyperion in half if we're using feats like these.

ares834
Originally posted by leonidas
more than one feat to suggest he could beat SUNDIPPED superman? really? love to hear 'em.... that one feat isn't enough to say he could beat regular superman.

thumb up

carver9

What ft of Sundipp are you using.?

leonidas
none in particular, just the basic knowledge that sundipped superman>superman. you said hype beats an amped superman and seem to think he has feats to support it. so, what are they?

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
What ft of Sundipp are you using.?
Being more powerful than normal superman.

Diesldude
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Reed explicitly stated that pushing against an Earth was equivalent to pushing against its entire universe. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

Do you have the scan that explicitly states this? The one from page one of this thread compares earth to an island in an ocean to the hidden universe. He explicitly states that he is moving the universe that we cannot see in addition to the earth.

It's like the inverse of tug of war.
You see the guy first in line that you pulled but there are people behind him. Cap was in reverse, pushed the earth in addition to the universe behind. Why am I arguing this?

Not worth the time, but at least we agreed that superman wins.

h1a8
If this is average Hyperion that Hulk fought then this is spite in favor of Superman.
If this is Hyperion holding the universes then I raise that with the Superman who lifted infinity and still say Superman wins.

Note: Infinity>>>>a single universe that Hyperion held.

celeyhyga17
Superman is sun amped. Current Hyperion. Who wins?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/sundip14dk_zpsc3a32ebb.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HYP_zps5c11051d.jpg
Lol.. This thread still open?

Clark wins.

carver9
none in particular, just the basic knowledge that sundipped superman>superman. you said hype beats an amped superman and seem to think he has feats to support it. so, what are they?

Running through Herald plus level beings...taking on the Avengers...etc.

Golgo13

Scans?

carver9
Scans?

Scans of what? Im pretty sure you seen his showing against High Ev. In the same comic, he rammed through the head of a trans character that was feeding off of unlimited power. While fighting mind control, he was stalemating the Avengers.

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8

Note: Infinity>>>>a single universe that Hyperion held. Wrong.

celeyhyga17
Scans of what? Im pretty sure you seen his showing against High Ev. In the same comic, he rammed through the head of a trans character that was feeding off of unlimited power. While fighting mind control, he was stalemating the Avengers.
Lol..
No way.

carver9
What?

celeyhyga17
What?
That Terminus was not gonna do shiet

Plus he was never stalemating the Avengers..

Lol..

leonidas

running through herald plus characters? like? and regular superman has beat down the jla. so? if you wanna say he beats normal supes, that's one thing. i'd say your crazy, but whatever. now you're saying he beats an AMPED superman when he has next to no feats? yeah, you can take the stance if you feel the need to, but you absolutely cannot support that stance. which....makes it not a very good stance.

-Pr-
carver likes to pretend that Superman is far weaker than he actually is, and doesn't have the showings he actually has, by throwing around terms like "herald buster" and "team wrecker" as if they actually only apply to the Marvel character he's backing.

leonidas
that does seem to ring a bell. reminds me why i swore off engaging him in any form of 'debate'...

Mindset
carver haters.

leonidas
the obverse suggests i'm racist against logic. what's a guy to do? shrug

leonidas
and if anyone ever starts a hall of fame for sigs, yours better be the first one in..... wait, does that make me a rage-ist, as well as a carver-ist...? confused

Mindset
It's ok to hate Rage.

leonidas
laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
carver likes to pretend that Superman is far weaker than he actually is, and doesn't have the showings he actually has, by throwing around terms like "herald buster" and "team wrecker" as if they actually only apply to the Marvel character he's backing.

That's not what I am doing.

-Pr-
That's not what I am doing.

right now? maybe not? all the damn time? yes it is.

Branlor Swift
right now? maybe not? all the damn time? yes it is. Ever since Carver became Scan Daddy he's been better on the lowballing somehow.

He's probably looking for a scan of real life right now to prove you wrong

-Pr-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Ever since Carver became Scan Daddy he's been better on the lowballing somehow.

laughing out loud

carver9

laughing out loud

celeyhyga17

Carver's world is on the up and up.

Hulks has super speed, Hyperion held apart 2 universes, and he's currently Scandaddy Supreme of KMC.

I wonder when his luck will run out.

-Pr-
laughing out loud Whatever Bran. No one here can provide a single post within an 8 month time period where I've lowballed any character.

The last time you made that challenge, I did a five second search and found at least a dozen. You know this won't end well for you.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Hulks has super speed, Hyperion held apart 2 universes, and he's currently Scandaddy Supreme of KMC.

I wonder when his luck will run out. lol

carver9
The last time you made that challenge, I did a five second search and found at least a dozen. You know this won't end well for you.

Lol.

abhilegend
carver likes to pretend that Superman is far weaker than he actually is, and doesn't have the showings he actually has, by throwing around terms like "herald buster" and "team wrecker" as if they actually only apply to the Marvel character he's backing. Originally posted by celeyhyga17

I wonder when his luck will run out.
laughing out loud

TheGodKiller
Do you have the scan that explicitly states this? The one from page one of this thread compares earth to an island in an ocean to the hidden universe. He explicitly states that he is moving the universe that we cannot see in addition to the earth.

It's like the inverse of tug of war.
You see the guy first in line that you pulled but there are people behind him. Cap was in reverse, pushed the earth in addition to the universe behind. Why am I arguing this?

Not worth the time, but at least we agreed that superman wins.
Because he's pushing back against that universe's Earth. Then there's also the fact that the IG doesn't function in other universes, and that extradimensional earth was the only thing through which it could push back the incoming universe. The event is known as an Incursion. In which two earths and their native universes collide resulting in the destruction of both.

All mentioned on-panel.

jitay
bump

LeonBuco666
Hyperion treats Clark like his little brother......
One hand on clarks head while clark swings mindlessly, he then makes clark cry with a super duper uber wedgie. Tough Love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.