The Great Darkness Saga Darkseid VS Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolverinos
who wins this.

beatboks
If we're to assume it's an impromptu battle, Odin. Everything DS did in GDS was prep and plot dependent.

1. he stole and absorbed the magic of several artifacts to increase his power. this happened off panel for several weeks before he was shown. Enough that Brainiac 5 was able to extrapolate a next target based on his past ones after we'd seen him once.

2. His feats of note were against weakened, per-occupied, opponents who were sneak attacked. For example after absorbing all those artifacts he went to drain teh power of a living being to take it a step further. His "son freed Mordru and while Mordru was distracted about to destroy him DS attacked from behind. this was Mordru in a weakened conditioned ( having just been freed from being buried in earth his one weakness/ binding) who was focussing his attention in another direction being attacked from behind.

Without amping or drawing on other power Mordru would be just below Odin level so if DS can only take him with plot he looses here.

deathslash
Originally posted by beatboks
If we're to assume it's an impromptu battle, Odin. Everything DS did in GDS was prep and plot dependent.

1. he stole and absorbed the magic of several artifacts to increase his power. this happened off panel for several weeks before he was shown. Enough that Brainiac 5 was able to extrapolate a next target based on his past ones after we'd seen him once.

2. His feats of note were against weakened, per-occupied, opponents who were sneak attacked. For example after absorbing all those artifacts he went to drain teh power of a living being to take it a step further. His "son freed Mordru and while Mordru was distracted about to destroy him DS attacked from behind. this was Mordru in a weakened conditioned ( having just been freed from being buried in earth his one weakness/ binding) who was focussing his attention in another direction being attacked from behind.

Without amping or drawing on other power Mordru would be just below Odin level so if DS can only take him with plot he looses here. Not everything that he did was prep or plot dependent.

1. yes, he drained the power from mystical artifacts to regain his lost power. It wasn't like he was already as powerful as he used to be. Not to mention that out of his own power, he created a clone of Superman, a guardian, and Orion (I'm forgetting who the other two clones were)

2.So tanking attacks from two pissed off Kryptonians isn't a feat of note? He also one-shotted Mon-el and put him in a coma. your also ignoring the fact that he was more or less ok after being attacked by Orion and Highfather. Lastly, his best feats included mind controlling a million Daxamites and manipulating reality to beat down the Legion. Oh yeah, he also created Validus when he was weakened.

IMO, GDS Darkseid is just a little below Galactus. I have to say that Darkseid wins this after a pretty good fight.

pym-ftw
Odin wins.

Golgo13
Siding with Darkseid.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin. Just more powerful.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by deathslash
IMO, GDS Darkseid is just a little below Galactus. I have to say that Darkseid wins this after a pretty good fight.

63UlBsdElsY

deathslash
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
63UlBsdElsY everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However,the fact of the matter is that this is probably the second most powerful version of Darkseid and he could casually one shot pre-crisis daxamites. He also created pre-crisis Validus (who could also one shot pre-crisis kryptonians and who actually took the combined efforts of Supergirl, Superboy, and Mon-el to take down).

Odekahn
63UlBsdElsY

grif, is that you?

Branlor Swift
everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However,the fact of the matter is that this is probably the second most powerful version of Darkseid and he could casually one shot pre-crisis daxamites. He also created pre-crisis Validus (who could also one shot pre-crisis kryptonians and who actually took the combined efforts of Supergirl, Superboy, and Mon-el to take down). PC characters varied wildly, and in that series they were a lot more grounded, and "realistic". IE, no one was operating on "I pull planets with chains" level, so not really seeing how impressive that is.
Fact of the matter is, a couple threads from now, another Superman fan will bring up Bryne Superman fighting to a double KO with PC Superman.

But anyway, he was getting knocked around by Supergirl. Hell, I think he even got punched into space, IIRC

Just applying a label like "Almost Galactus level" doesn't mean he was actually that level.

deathslash
PC characters varied wildly, and in that series they were a lot more grounded, and "realistic". IE, no one was operating on "I pull planets with chains" level, so not really seeing how impressive that is.
Fact of the matter is, a couple threads from now, another Superman fan will bring up Bryne Superman fighting to a double KO with PC Superman.

But anyway, he was getting knocked around by Supergirl. Hell, I think he even got punched into space, IIRC

Just applying a label like "Almost Galactus level" doesn't mean he was actually that level. True, he was getting knocked around. However, you didn't hear him say anything like "ow" or "argh". As a matter of fact, he was laughing at her while she was doing it (he was also more or less OK when both Superboy and Supergirl were attacking him). When Mon-El tried to incinerate him with his heat vision, his response was basically "whatever, all you did was burn my clothes and I'll just get a new pair of clothes" and then he put Mon-El in a coma with one hit. I'm also fairly certain that I'm not just applying a label. normal pre-crisis Darkseid was high skyfather level and GDS Darkseid is substantially more powerful than normal pre-crisis Darkseid. However, I do realize the error of what I said (after all, there are many levels of power between a high level skyfather and someone like Galactus).

the Darkone
Odin

ozz81
Odin

abhilegend
Darkseid. Not many people can put PC Mon-El in coma by one attack. In fact he took several attacks from ****ing Time-Trapper to just being KOED. Also lulz @ PC characters being variables as a fact as if current characters aren't variable. Mon-El and superboy were damn consistent in legion.

Mindset
everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No they aren't.

wolverinos
The Great Darkness Saga Darkseid wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.