The Godkiller Vs Galactus Engine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Who takes it?

Branlor Swift
Galactus engine until we see more than hearsay from the Godkiller.

Which we won't

Golgo13
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Galactus engine until we see more than hearsay from the Godkiller.

Which we won't

Why don't you think we'll see more feats?

Branlor Swift
Because there's like one issue left in the arc

operator616
could go either way, imo.

The Godkiller was fighting celestials which were stated to be by the recorder, to be as many as the stars.

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by operator616
could go either way, imo.

The Godkiller was fighting celestials which were stated to be by the recorder, to be as many as the stars.
I dont understand, so GK was fighting Trillions of Celestials

operator616
^yeah, to be specific: as many as the stars (iron man v5 #13):

http://i.imgur.com/YZEMh64.jpg?1

the GE is no joke though, it was fighting a celestial host, proemial gods (not the whole race) and Galactus.

Hard to determine a winner. Better wait and see how the events play out.

TheGodKiller
Unless there is some hitherto unknown context revealed behind that "Celestials used to number as many as the stars themselves", the Godkiller wins solidly.

Mindset
TheGodKiller is a piece of shit.

LeonBuco666
Godkiller then.
Galactus was holding the GE back, not easily of course but still, based on fighting Celestials that numbered as many as the stars themaelves, GK could do a lot better.
By that i mean wins.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Mindset
TheGodKiller is a piece of shit.
You're making me angry. You wouldn't like me when I am angry.

leonidas
mindset doesn't like anyone anyway. your anger is redundant to him. no expression

as for the thread--based on what was stated about the gk, gotta say it would win handily.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by leonidas
mindset doesn't like anyone anyway.
Except for me. Mindset used to send me PM's detailing his homoerotic fantasies about me.

zopzop
Galactus Engine eventually. Unlike the Celestials, this thing can't die.

guy222
GK

Diesldude
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Except for me. Mindset used to send me PM's detailing his homoerotic fantasies about me.

You say this like you welcomed it.

Mindset
Except for me. Mindset used to send me PM's detailing his homoerotic fantasies about me. That's obviously a lie, I don't have fantasies.

If I wanted you, I would have taken you.

Galan007
I agree with everyone expect that retard, bran. thumb up

janus77
GE ... We bring good things to ... an end.

I don't think 451's hyperbole is enough to make the GK anything more than a cosmic "Hulkbuster" (and we know how close that gets to actually having any chance of busting Savage Hulk).

The Celestials are as numerous as the stars, if I'm not mistaken. Not seen anything to indicate otherwise.

TheGodKiller
^Not sure why you want to dismiss one part of 451's hyperbole(that the GK decimated the Celestials), while accept the latter(that they numbered as many as the stars).
Originally posted by Mindset
That's obviously a lie, I don't have fantasies.

If I wanted you, I would have taken you.
You fantasies say otherwise.

With the exception of the fact that you can't. Queer.

janus77
^Not sure why you want to dismiss one part of 451's hyperbole(that the GK decimated the Celestials), while accept the latter(that they numbered as many as the stars).
I'm not accepting the hyperbole at all, that's basically what I meant.

If I'm not mistaken, there have been a few statements suggesting that there are millions (obviously I don't think they need to be "as many as the stars"wink of Celestials in the Marvel omniverse.

I think it's pretty straight-forward, 451 is no more capable of finding a weapon to ward off The Celestials than the Earth's assorted skyfathers were. What he found was nothing more than another Destroyer style weapon. Something that - pretty obviously - wasn't up to the job.

It helps that his great big plan was to engineer (pun intended) Stark into becoming the means of Earth's military-technological uplift, while Doom casually went about owning the entire universe or Reed actually used the UN on the universe ...

GK is nothing more than a cosmic level "Hulkbuster"/"Thorbuster", imo.

Mindship
Sooo...was the Godkiller (which is armor?) able to do what the Asgardian Destroyer -- Odin's finest weapon -- could not? And who built the Godkiller? Stark? (I'm trying to piece this all together from sites on the net).

So, Stark was so "genetically prepared" he was able to outbuild Odin, who's using a science so advanced it seems like magic?

janus77
Originally posted by Mindship
Sooo...was the Godkiller (which is armor?) able to do what the Asgardian Destroyer -- Odin's finest weapon -- could not? And who built the Godkiller? Stark? (I'm trying to piece this all together from sites on the net).

So, Stark was so "genetically prepared" he was able to outbuild Odin, who's using a science so advanced it seems like magic?
No, GK was built by one of the races that came into existence during the early phase of the universe. Like the Proemial Gods, only much much much weaker.

They built the GK to win their war against The Celestials, it got slagged (and they died).

451 is simply a cheap, homebrew Watcher, who decided to "help Earth", by advancing its tech to ward off The Celestials. His means was to genetically engineer Stark to be a tech-genius and have a compatibility with the GK (though we've seen no evidence of it).

I've seen nothing of it to indicate it could even give one Celestial pause for thought.

And 451 has been shown to be duplicitous, deceiving and incompetent (getting caught by imbecilic Grey aliens), so his hyperbole isn't even decent hype.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by janus77
I'm not accepting the hyperbole at all, that's basically what I meant.

If I'm not mistaken, there have been a few statements suggesting that there are millions (obviously I don't think they need to be "as many as the stars"wink of Celestials in the Marvel omniverse.

I think it's pretty straight-forward, 451 is no more capable of finding a weapon to ward off The Celestials than the Earth's assorted skyfathers were. What he found was nothing more than another Destroyer style weapon. Something that - pretty obviously - wasn't up to the job.

It helps that his great big plan was to engineer (pun intended) Stark into becoming the means of Earth's military-technological uplift, while Doom casually went about owning the entire universe or Reed actually used the UN on the universe ...

GK is nothing more than a cosmic level "Hulkbuster"/"Thorbuster", imo.
Except for the fact that the Earth's assorted skyfathers unknowingly ended up creating exactly that sort of weapon in the form on Jarnbjorn. The only difference being that they were too pussy to use it unlike the Aspirants.

Or have you not been following Remender's series this entire time?

Lol at "wasn't up for the job". You clearly have reading comprehension issues if you think a weapon that reduced their populace from a 20+ digit number to few dozens that we see now and again in modern day comics.

Doesn't matter what his plan was, because so far based on the storyline, it failed. Stark has proven to be incapable of piloting the armor.

TheGodKiller
No, GK was built by one of the races that came into existence during the early phase of the universe. Like the Proemial Gods, only much much much weaker.

They built the GK to win their war against The Celestials, it got slagged (and they died).

451 is simply a cheap, homebrew Watcher, who decided to "help Earth", by advancing its tech to ward off The Celestials. His means was to genetically engineer Stark to be a tech-genius and have a compatibility with the GK (though we've seen no evidence of it).

I've seen nothing of it to indicate it could even give one Celestial pause for thought.

And 451 has been shown to be duplicitous, deceiving and incompetent (getting caught by imbecilic Grey aliens), so his hyperbole isn't even decent hype.
Not sure if serious or just trolling. The armor was pretty much their trump card and was winning them the battle until civil war broke out among their ranks.

Besides the fact that you misinterpreted 451's main agenda, you're pretty much wrong about everything in that post, barring 451's duplicitous nature.

Branlor Swift
I think it will be funny if the cover of the next Iron Man actually happens.

TheGodKiller

One word: Jarnbjorn.

The armor was the result of an arms race among an ancient alien race that was there during the beginning of time. Stark was allegedly genetically engineered by an interstellar android called 451 to be its pilot.

TheGodKiller
It almost reminds me of that cover in an issue of FF where kid Franklin is charging against Arishem's hand.

zopzop
Don't tease me, what's on the cover?

As to the thread, I'm going with the GE. Unkillable 4tw.

janus77
Lol at "wasn't up for the job". You clearly have reading comprehension issues if you think a weapon that reduced their populace from a 20+ digit number to few dozens that we see now and again in modern day comics.

Doesn't matter what his plan was, because so far based on the storyline, it failed. Stark has proven to be incapable of piloting the armor.
No, I'm serious, I don't think 451 was doing anything other than hyping up something he knows nothing about.

As for The Celestials numbering a "few dozen", as far as I'm aware, they've been depicted in such numbers for decades and yet it's always been stated that they actually number in the millions?

There's been no evidence of their numbers being depleted by the war with the Aspirants. They had a war with The Watchers too, and long after that (and logically, long after the Aspirants), they were said to number in the millions (billions?).

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by zopzop
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/IronManv5015-021_zpsdbe48eb2.jpg

janus77
Not sure if serious or just trolling. The armor was pretty much their trump card and was winning them the battle until civil war broke out among their ranks.

Besides the fact that you misinterpreted 451's main agenda, you're pretty much wrong about everything in that post, barring 451's duplicitous nature.
The GK was hyped by 451 as being effective, but that's what I don't buy. There was no on-panel depiction of it doing anything, in those flash-backs. Just 451's hyperbolic statement that The Celestials used to be as many as the stars.

It just doesn't add up, imo. No on-panel evidence, one over hyped toy that was smashed to pieces eventually, 451's word that it was turning the tide (though again, no depiction of it in action against a single Celestial) ...

Branlor Swift

As to the thread, I'm going with the GE. Unkillable 4tw. Oh well nevermind. It seems the character in the thread posted it.

Fascinating

TheGodKiller
No, I'm serious, I don't think 451 was doing anything other than hyping up something he knows nothing about.

As for The Celestials numbering a "few dozen", as far as I'm aware, they've been depicted in such numbers for decades and yet it's always been stated that they actually number in the millions?

There's been no evidence of their numbers being depleted by the war with the Aspirants. They had a war with The Watchers too, and long after that (and logically, long after the Aspirants), they were said to number in the millions (billions?).
Unless some previously unknown context(like the Celestials being mortal entities when the Godkiller was first developed) is revealed, or unless you have some implicit proof that he was lying in that scene, there is no way to go around this statement.

It's never been implied that they number that much except for the one time when the FF were passing a dimension that was overpopulated by them.

But still, even if they number in the millions, or lets go further and say billions, that's a HUGE drop from numbering the same as the stars. That's a reduction of more than a dozen orders of magnitude we're talking about.

TheGodKiller
The GK was hyped by 451 as being effective, but that's what I don't buy. There was no on-panel depiction of it doing anything, in those flash-backs. Just 451's hyperbolic statement that The Celestials used to be as many as the stars.

It just doesn't add up, imo. No on-panel evidence, one over hyped toy that was smashed to pieces eventually, 451's word that it was turning the tide (though again, no depiction of it in action against a single Celestial) ...
Unless there is some special edition where it's revealed that the current Godkiller is some sort of replica, I'd like to see evidence where it's stated that it was smashed to pieces. smile

janus77
Unless some previously unknown context(like the Celestials being mortal entities when the Godkiller was first developed) is revealed, or unless you have some implicit proof that he was lying in that scene, there is no way to go around this statement.

It's never been implied that they number that much except for the one time when the FF were passing a dimension that was overpopulated by them.

But still, even if they number in the millions, or lets go further and say billions, that's a HUGE drop from numbering the same as the stars. That's a reduction of more than a dozen orders of magnitude we're talking about.
That's only true if you actually take the hyperbole of 451 literally. I don't think it was meant to be taken literally, nor do I believe the author meant for us to see 451 as an authoritative figure, given the many instances of his misjudgement of things and people.

Seriously though, has there been a drop in the number of Celestials in the omniverse?

I remember Beyonder kung-fuing a whole phallanx of them. I remember quite a few showing up to get mowed down by the Council of PIS...

Also, the GE killed quite a few too.

Oh and during the Fulcrum business, Tiamut was attacked by more than a dozen, I think...

Never read anything other than from 451, regarding a thinning out of The Celestials (regardless the scale).

TheGodKiller
That's only true if you actually take the hyperbole of 451 literally. I don't think it was meant to be taken literally, nor do I believe the author meant for us to see 451 as an authoritative figure, given the many instances of his misjudgement of things and people.

Seriously though, has there been a drop in the number of Celestials in the omniverse?

I remember Beyonder kung-fuing a whole phallanx of them. I remember quite a few showing up to get mowed down by the Council of PIS...

Also, the GE killed quite a few too.

Oh and during the Fulcrum business, Tiamut was attacked by more than a dozen, I think...

Never read anything other than from 451, regarding a thinning out of The Celestials (regardless the scale).
That dialogue was to showcase the Aspirants' warmongering ways. As I said before, unless there is an implication that 451 was lying or some yet-to-be revealed context behind the Godkiller's prehistoric battle with them, the statement stands.

Beyonder instance was retconned.

The GE only forced them to retreat.

Tiamut was only shown being attacked by 4 or 5 others.

Apart from the Council, there is also the instance of them being wiped off by Beyonder+IG powered Doom in a What If? That is supposing you take into account their multiversal nature as described in the Extermination storyline.

janus77
That dialogue was to showcase the Aspirants' warmongering ways. As I said before, unless there is an implication that 451 was lying or some yet-to-be revealed context behind the Godkiller's prehistoric battle with them, the statement stands.

Beyonder instance was retconned.

The GE only forced them to retreat.

Tiamut was only shown being attacked by 4 or 5 others.

Apart from the Council, there is also the instance of them being wiped off by Beyonder+IG powered Doom in a What If? That is supposing you take into account their multiversal nature as described in the Extermination storyline.
There are several things that make me doubt 451 is meant to be taken at its word. 1) It has been wrong on most of the big things, so far. 2) It is trying to sell the GK (and Stark's big destiny) to Tony. It needs Stark to be awed by the scale of the GK, to temp Stark into accepting such a "responsibility". 3) It doesn't actually say the GK killed any Celestials, merely leaving Stark to infer it had done so, by suggesting that The Celestials have been drastically reduced in number.

Nothing on-panel to show for his words, plus the evident deceptive nature of 451 and the known egotistical nature of Stark ... This is obviously hyperbole of no actual import, just a means to deliver a trojan horse onto Earth (imo, it's for some next Earth invasion scheme by some alien empire, maybe even the Aspirants).

TheGodKiller
There are several things that make me doubt 451 is meant to be taken at its word. 1) It has been wrong on most of the big things, so far. 2) It is trying to sell the GK (and Stark's big destiny) to Tony. It needs Stark to be awed by the scale of the GK, to temp Stark into accepting such a "responsibility". 3) It doesn't actually say the GK killed any Celestials, merely leaving Stark to infer it had done so, by suggesting that The Celestials have been drastically reduced in number.

Nothing on-panel to show for his words, plus the evident deceptive nature of 451 and the known egotistical nature of Stark ... This is obviously hyperbole of no actual import, just a means to deliver a trojan horse onto Earth (imo, it's for some next Earth invasion scheme by some alien empire, maybe even the Aspirants).
That's speculation, not actual proof that he was lying.

Bring me proof that he was incorrect or the Godkiller was "slagged/destroyed" in the original Aspirant/Celestial war.

Why would he want to deliver something that can obviously bust planets as a "Trojan Horse" to Earth? Nevermind the fact that he had to make it fold itself out of reality in order to hide it, as destroying it was apparently impossible, 451 is pretty convinced of the power that it wields, the only thing he's wrong about is that Tony is the one to harness/unlock/wield that power.

Afterall, Tony is certainly no Reed or Doom. thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by leonidas
mindset doesn't like anyone anyway. your anger is redundant to him. no expression

as for the thread--based on what was stated about the gk, gotta say it would win handily.

Stop bashing, son.

zopzop
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/IronManv5015-021_zpsdbe48eb2.jpg
Thank you.
Oh well nevermind. It seems the character in the thread posted it.

Fascinating
So wait, IM is gonna face off against the GK? Assuming it's Celestial killing powers weren't hyperbole, what chance does IM have against it? Is he currently buffed or something?

Branlor Swift
Thank you.

So wait, IM is gonna face off against the GK? Assuming it's Celestial killing powers weren't hyperbole, what chance does IM have against it? Is he currently buffed or something? It's just a cover.

But if he did face off against the thing, it'd be a guarantee hype job by 451

Blue Area Vet
One word: Jarnbjorn.

The armor was the result of an arms race among an ancient alien race that was there during the beginning of time. Stark was allegedly genetically engineered by an interstellar android called 451 to be its pilot.

Yet another alien race that was there are the beginning of time...yawn....that no on ever heard of until now. I am glad you are talking this Godkiller smut seriously because I'm not. Someone or something this powerful and there no mention of him untl a few months ago? Did he get erased by Thanos and the Beyonder without them even concentratin specifically on him?

Galactus Engine because of ON PANEL impressions.

janus77
That's speculation, not actual proof that he was lying.

Bring me proof that he was incorrect or the Godkiller was "slagged/destroyed" in the original Aspirant/Celestial war.

Why would he want to deliver something that can obviously bust planets as a "Trojan Horse" to Earth? Nevermind the fact that he had to make it fold itself out of reality in order to hide it, as destroying it was apparently impossible, 451 is pretty convinced of the power that it wields, the only thing he's wrong about is that Tony is the one to harness/unlock/wield that power.

Afterall, Tony is certainly no Reed or Doom. thumb up
Hadn't read the latest issue, so didn't know about 451 killing himself.

That's another failure of 451 and again, no actual proof beyond his hyperbole regarding the implied power of the GK. And even in 451's statements nothing explicitly stating that it was powerful enough to kill Celestials, just that it helped turn the tide...

There's just nothing but hyperbole to support the GK, and 451's assertions aren't exactly good enough to make up for lack of anything featwise that is even remotely close to matching the hype.

What's evident is that 451 never had a good understanding of the GK, of humanity, of Stark or of anything much. The writer's basically shown him to be a naive and clueless Ultron.

Galan007
Tony's gonna hack The Godkiller, and then beat its ass straight back to hell.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The God Killer's supposed power is way beyond the Galactus Engine from what I remember. I don't think 451 was just pulling Stark's leg about its capabilities. Still, it hasn't done anything notable yet on panel.

janus77
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The God Killer's supposed power is way beyond the Galactus Engine from what I remember. I don't think 451 was just pulling Stark's leg about its capabilities. Still, it hasn't done anything notable yet on panel.
Not even going by 451's dubious statements, would I say that GK was presented as "way beyond" (or even beyond) The GE.

It was said to have turned the tide of the battle, it was the Aspirant's big weapon and that's about it. Now it could have killed a few Celestials, it could have killed loads, but the scope and scale were not stated, just left to your imagination.

The whole thing hinges on the idea that a) 451 was being literal in stating that there were trillions of Celestials (or rather an "infinity", given how we don't actually have any idea of how many stars there are), b) that GK actually killed lots of Celestials (remember, Sentry's stalemated Galactus off-panel, Spiderman said so, who believes/accepts that?) in battle, rather than say causing them to back off or something ... and c) that 451 has any idea of how powerful The Celestials are (he patently lacks for brains).

I don't buy it and I need on-panel evidence to take GK as being anything more than cosmic "Hulkbuster" armour.

If we take character assertions as fact, then Hulk >>>> Galactus, given a) Beyonder's assertion and b) Sentry >= Galactus.

And frankly, Spiderman and Beyonder are >>>>>>>>>> more intelligent than that Ultron knock-off and far more likely to know what they're talking about.

Branlor Swift
It was implied that there were more TheGodKillers
http://i43.tinypic.com/8zi6uv.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/s45tle.jpg

janus77
That makes things less idiotic. No big robot should be wiping out Celestials, by the dozen or by the billion...

But a whole mecha-army of Skyfather+ (well, I guess they'd have to be individually more powerful than that Skyfather pantheon) robots ... that is a more "realistic" deterrent.

Anyway, on-topic, nothing about the GK suggests it could stand up to The GE at all.

Unless it suddenly begins turning Celestial hosts into hand ninjas, I see this as spite against it.

Mindship
@ janus77 / TheGodKiller: thanks for the input.

TheGodKiller
Weak implication. Could mean a hundred things, from parts for the original armor to prototype guns that probably initially failed against the Celestials.
So wait, IM is gonna face off against the GK? Assuming it's Celestial killing powers weren't hyperbole, what chance does IM have against it? Is he currently buffed or something?
It's a pre-preview solicit actually. Doesn't mean anything.
Hadn't read the latest issue, so didn't know about 451 killing himself.

That's another failure of 451 and again, no actual proof beyond his hyperbole regarding the implied power of the GK. And even in 451's statements nothing explicitly stating that it was powerful enough to kill Celestials, just that it helped turn the tide...

There's just nothing but hyperbole to support the GK, and 451's assertions aren't exactly good enough to make up for lack of anything featwise that is even remotely close to matching the hype.

What's evident is that 451 never had a good understanding of the GK, of humanity, of Stark or of anything much. The writer's basically shown him to be a naive and clueless Ultron.
I am pretty sure that 451 wasn't being deceptive in that case.

Of course, there's always the chance that some new context could be revealed in a future issue or storyline about how the Godkiller nearly wiped out the Celestial race in those ancient times, and being a guy222 buddy, I would prefer such context to be revealed. Until then, we have to go by on-panel statements.

As far as that Ultron statement goes, here's a gem from the latest issue:
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/TheGodKiller666/ironman_451_ultron_douche_zps9a2a7760.jpg

guy222
smile

Mindship
http://i43.tinypic.com/8zi6uv.jpgSo much for "We have a Hulk."

janus77
So much for "We have a Hulk."
Nah, Hulk's there for defending the universe.

guy222
Ats right

Rage.Of.Olympus

Oh, didn't notice that.

Also liked this part:

"Earth has a a nuclear detterent. It also has Thor."

ha-som

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.