Superman Prime( Guardian Amp) VS Odin: SLUGFEST

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Superman Prime- Guardian Amp

VS

Odin

SLUGFEST!

All Rage or All-Father?

Sundipped
Odin won't beat the 10 count......that's if Thor doesn't throw in the towel first.

wolverinos
odin will need a guide dog after that fight.

carver9
Odin stomps 10/10.

Bentley
Originally posted by carver9
Odin stomps 10/10.

Not sure if serious confused

carver9
Yes, I'm serious. Don't see how Prime is winning this. Cant see Prime dismissing Thanos attacks physically like Odin did.

Bentley
He fought Monarch 1 on 1 while heavily depowered. Monarch has feats that put Thanos into shame.

Batman-Prime
Prime stomps. Odin needs all his powers.

deathslash
this.... this isn't even fair. Prime beats up the elderly old man and makes him beg for mercy.

wolverinos
Prime completely destroys Odin its not even funny.
hell not even sure Odin powers would work on him since he got immunity to magic.
but only physical fight? Odin gets destroyed.

LeonBuco666
Odin NEED's his powers for this one, he loses badly here.

wolverinos
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Odin NEED's his powers for this one, he loses badly here.

First reasonable comment? i am taking notes well done.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
Odin won't beat the 10 count......that's if Thor doesn't throw in the towel first.
+1

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by wolverinos
First reasonable comment? i am taking notes well done. why dont you, take a big step back, and **** yourself, quite literally.

Mshinu
Odin by pimp slap, primeemo then gets sent to his bed.

Branlor Swift
Odin temp KO'ed fed Galactus...

juggerman
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Odin temp KO'ed fed Galactus...

Odin would temp KO himself here

Branlor Swift
Because of all the feats of Prime operating on that level?

juggerman

GA Prime here. Odin is greatly depowered here. Judging by the OP he can't even amp himself magically. He gets thrashed

SquallX

He actually does.

celeyhyga17
Prime gets the Hulk treatment a la Zeus.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by juggerman
GA Prime here. Odin is greatly depowered here. Judging by the OP he can't even amp himself magically. He gets thrashed Are there invisible words in the op I can't read?

Originally posted by SquallX
He actually does. Which is?

juggerman
Are there invisible words in the op I can't read?

Looks that way

Branlor Swift
I don't get how literally making shit up is supposed to prove anything other than you're a liar erm

juggerman
I don't get how literally making shit up is supposed to prove anything other than you're a liar erm

What exactly did i make up again?

Branlor Swift
GA Prime here. Odin is greatly depowered here. Judging by the OP he can't even amp himself magically. He gets thrashed

juggerman
What exactly did i make up again?

DarkSaint85
Is SMP allowed to use his fists?

As the OP didn't state it, I am going to assume he is unable to.

Branlor Swift
Odin being depowered. Odin not being able to amp.

That's why I asked if the invisible words fairy was sprinkling her invisible dust all over the words here that your keen visaray-vision was able to pick up

juggerman

That's why I asked if the invisible words fairy was sprinkling her invisible dust all over the words here that your keen visaray-vision was able to pick up

Ah i see. Well then let me explain: "Slugfest" to me means just physical hitting, which is why you have threads here that state "Slugfest but suchandsuch can amp".

By "depowered" i meant "Odin doesn't have access to all his powers". Sorry for the confusion

carver9

laughing out loud

By the way, beating a Monarch that was clearly holding back doesn't put him on Odin level.

carver9
Ah i see. Well then let me explain: "Slugfest" to me means just physical hitting, which is why you have threads here that state "Slugfest but suchandsuch can amp".

By "depowered" i meant "Odin doesn't have access to all his powers". Sorry for the confusion

So when they make slugfest threads with Hulk, he can't amp?

juggerman
laughing out loud

By the way, beating a Monarch that was clearly holding back doesn't put him on Odin level.

Not an average Odin no.

juggerman
So when they make slugfest threads with Hulk, he can't amp?

Hulk doesn't amp his strength like Odin would. Apples and oranges

Rage.Of.Olympus

What? You don't have to stipulate that characters who can increase their strength can do so in a slugfest unless it's am outside amp like Superman entering the Sun. Odin empowering himself with Odin Force, Hulk amping and so on is different from that.

juggerman
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What? You don't have to stipulate that characters who can increase their strength can do so in a slugfest unless it's am outside amp like Superman entering the Sun. Odin empowering himself with Odin Force, Hulk amping and so on is different from that.

I've seen it done several times here, especially after the Zeus-Hulk fight

carver9
Not an average Odin no.

What is an average Odin?

juggerman
What is an average Odin?

Odin with his abilities intact

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk doesn't amp his strength like Odin would. Apples and oranges

The method Odin uses is more internalized than Hulk unless you're arguing he will summon power from Asgardians and Asgard.

juggerman
:/ The method Odin uses is more internalized than Hulk unless you're arguing he will summon power from Asgardians and Asgard.

With Odin i see it as more of a choice. Hulk is just a result of him getting madder. Hulk can't just choose to be more pissed but no longer amp. At least i don't think so

Branlor Swift

By "depowered" i meant "Odin doesn't have access to all his powers". Sorry for the confusion Besides the part where I don't think Odin growing has ever been referred to as an amp before in comics (besides when he amps off Asgard), that'd be like saying Hulk just can't amp in these threads, or threads in general

Where'd his amping ability go? Just gone, that's where it went!

Odin can't shoot blasts, stop time, mindrape, or turn Prime into a cactus.
Assuming he can't amp, and then assuming he's amped everytime he's thrown a Surtur around doesn't leave the impression that Odin is allowed anything.

"He's got great strength feats, even better than Prime. Shame he was amping off his internal power though, so it's not allowed because... reasons..."

juggerman
Besides the part where I don't think Odin growing has ever been referred to as an amp before in comics (besides when he amps off Asgard), that'd be like saying Hulk just can't amp in these threads, or threads in general

Where'd his amping ability go? Just gone, that's where it went!

Odin can't shoot blasts, stop time, mindrape, or turn Prime into a cactus.
Assuming he can't amp, and then assuming he's amped everytime he's thrown a Surtur around doesn't leave the impression that Odin is allowed anything.

"He's got great strength feats, even better than Prime. Shame he was amping off his internal power though, so it's not allowed because... reasons..."

Explained the difference already. You don't agree and that's fine.

carver9
Odin with his abilities intact

But even without him blasting, stopping time, etc...he is still physically a skyfather. If it was as simple as you are trying to make it (punching him in the face, beating him), he should NOT be classified as a skyfather, especially one of the most powerful skyfathers out there.

Branlor Swift
Explained the difference already. You don't agree and that's fine. There is no difference though.

You said no amping. But then you said amping is OK for Hulk because Odin has more control over his amping ability

So sometimes amping is OK in slugfests, but only if the character doesn't have fine control of their amping ability (which WWH did). But a slugfest to you is no amping... except in Hulk's case... but a slugfest to you is no amping... except...

So basically, Drax would be allowed to amp with the Power Gem, but Thanos or Adam Warlock wouldn't be able to amp with the Power Gem.

Because you said so

juggerman
There is no difference though.

You said no amping. But then you said amping is OK for Hulk because Odin has more control over his amping ability

So sometimes amping is OK in slugfests, but only if the character doesn't have fine control of their amping ability (which WWH did).

So basically, Drax would be allowed to amp with the Power Gem, but Thanos or Adam Warlock wouldn't be able to amp with the Power Gem.

Because you said so

There's no difference between the way Hulk amps and the way Odin amps?

Who said "fine control"? Nice twist

juggerman
But even without him blasting, stopping time, etc...he is still physically a skyfather. If it was as simple as you are trying to make it (punching him in the face, beating him), he should NOT be classified as a skyfather, especially one of the most powerful skyfathers out there.

I disagree. And so do many others here.

Branlor Swift

With Odin i see it as more of a choice. Hulk is just a result of him getting madder. Hulk can't just choose to be more pissed but no longer amp. At least i don't think so

wolverinos
why dont you, take a big step back, and **** yourself, quite literally.

why wont you first get the balls to tell me what you really want, instead of sending some stars you little wuss

juggerman

I didn't say "fine control" in there once

EDIT: And i see you dodged my question. Are you saying Hulk and Odin amp the exact same way?

wolverinos
Are there invisible words in the op I can't read?

Which is?

i knew this douche will appear and ride odin's trident.

juggerman
why wont you first get the balls to tell me what you really want, instead of sending some stars you little wuss

KMC blocks naughty words with *'s

Branlor Swift
I didn't say "fine control" in there once

EDIT: And i see you dodged my question. Are you saying Hulk and Odin amp the exact same way?
You basically said the textbook definition of control...

No one amps the same in comics. It's an irrelevant question.

Fact of the matter if Odin amps off an internalized power source, as does Hulk. And a slugfest to you is no amping.

juggerman
You basically said the textbook definition of control...

You avoided this again:

Are you saying Hulk and Odin amp the exact same way?

juggerman
No one amps the same in comics. It's an irrelevant question.

Fact of the matter if Odin amps off an internalized power source, as does Hulk. And a slugfest to you is no amping.

Just saw your edit. Again Hulk's amp is a side effect. Not something that would just happen

Branlor Swift
You avoided this again: If you're going to edit your posts, afford the luxury to someone else.

And don't dodge a point in the same post you're saying someone else is dodging for that matter

Branlor Swift
Just saw your edit. Again Hulk's amp is a side effect. Not something that would just happen Which again flows back into the Power Gem example.

Basically you're making up a random set of rules for what you think a slugfest is and trying to apply it to others. No amping though. Except when amping is allowed.

Point out where the thread starter said no amping. Point out where in the rules it says slugfests entails no internal amping. And finally, point out where "Side effect" amping is different from "I can amp to whatever the shit I want to because I have fine control of my powers" from the rules you're getting that says no amping.

cdtm
laughing out loud

He was also right next to him when he destroyed the universe.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
He was also right next to him when he destroyed the universe.

Don't get the point of this. Especially when Monarch "average" blasts was knocking the amp completely out of Prime and his Nuke like attack hurt Prime.

Branlor Swift
He was also right next to him when he destroyed the universe. Originally posted by Galan007
Myth:
Monarch's detonation at the end of Countdown #13 destroyed the entirety of universe-51, leaving only a blank void of nothingness in its wake:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15996538/Countdown13p17.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15996539/Countdown13p18.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15996540/Countdown13p19-20.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15996541/Countdown13p21.jpg.html

It was later revealed in Superman Beyond #1 that universe-51, while apparently lifeless, was not entirely destroyed-- the physical components of said universe still appeared to be intact, at least.

Earth-51(the planet on which Monarch detonated, mind you) was still very much intact when Superman and Ultraman dropped the Monitor ship there-- it was just devoid of life, is all:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15996542/Superman_Beyond_01_Page_017.jpg.html

If the planet on which Monarch's detonation originated was still intact, it's hard to imagine any other planets--or stars--or solar systems--or galaxies-- being destroyed by said detonation. The point of origin *should* have contained the most potent energies, after all.

Thoughts? I just stumbled on this myself.

wolverinos
Don't get the point of this. Especially when Monarch "average" blasts was knocking the amp completely out of Prime and his Nuke like attack hurt Prime.

prove monarch was holding back.

prove the fight with monarch is the cause for the Amp to fade away and not time.

prime's statement was to point out he felt that attck, he wasnt hurt he was only pissed.
Prime stating that hurt was like a friend pinching your arm and you like wtf? that hurt and then you are pissed and punching him.
you realise that pinch is miles and miles away from something that can actually hurt you but you treat it that way because you felt it.
another thing that backs it up is the fact Prime without most of the amp survived a universal blast, which only contributes to my previous statement.

cdtm

Hm..

Not sure what to make of that. The blast wipes out all life, but isn't even powerful enough to destroy the planet of origin?

At worst, I guess Prime should still be credited for surviving, since it still wiped out all living things... (Even if it makes no sense it would only affect the living..)

cdtm

Prime's showings being all over the place isn't anything new.. Superboy actually drew blood with his punches.

But he was also insanely hard to KO or defeat, as we saw in examples of in Sinestro Corp War and Legion of Three Worlds.

juggerman
If you're going to edit your posts, afford the luxury to someone else.

And don't dodge a point in the same post you're saying someone else is dodging for that matter

Who said you couldn't edit? I addressed your edit too

I dodged nothing. You simply see things differently than i do on this. No big deal

juggerman
Which again flows back into the Power Gem example.

Basically you're making up a random set of rules for what you think a slugfest is and trying to apply it to others. No amping though. Except when amping is allowed.

Point out where the thread starter said no amping. Point out where in the rules it says slugfests entails no internal amping. And finally, point out where "Side effect" amping is different from "I can amp to whatever the shit I want to because I have fine control of my powers" from the rules you're getting that says no amping.

It doesn't

I'm not. I explained the way i saw it. I made nothing up nor did i say this was the way this had to be. I'm not the OP

Explained already. Calm down

Sundipped
Hm..

Not sure what to make of that. The blast wipes out all life, but isn't even powerful enough to destroy the planet of origin?

At worst, I guess Prime should still be credited for surviving, since it still wiped out all living things... (Even if it makes no sense it would only affect the living..)

Makes no sense at all.
The nuke that Monarch released which was only a minute fraction of his total power leveled that whole city but ALL the quantum energy released at one time does nothing except wipe out life but still spares a monitor and small plant in the process? no expression

prove the fight with monarch is the cause for the Amp to fade away and not time.

prime's statement was to point out he felt that attck, he wasnt hurt he was only pissed.
Prime stating that hurt was like a friend pinching your arm and you like wtf? that hurt and then you are pissed and punching him.
you realise that pinch is miles and miles away from something that can actually hurt you but you treat it that way because you felt it.
another thing that backs it up is the fact Prime without most of the amp survived a universal blast, which only contributes to my previous statement.

thumb up

Branlor Swift
Who said you couldn't edit? I addressed your edit too

I dodged nothing. You simply see things differently than i do on this. No big deal You dodged that you described almost the textbook definition of control.

It doesn't

I'm not. I explained the way i saw it. I made nothing up nor did i say this was the way this had to be. I'm not the OP

Explained already. Calm down It is literally exactly the same.

You did, and acted like it should apply.

Yes, I'm terribly angry.

But the whole "explained already" thing is silly to me considering you keep zopzopping all over the place.

Basically, and I'm sure Rage can finish this sentence, but ____ wins.

juggerman
You dodged that you described almost the textbook definition of control.

It is literally exactly the same.

You did, and acted like it should apply.

Yes, I'm terribly angry.

But the whole "explained already" thing is silly to me considering you keep zopzopping all over the place.

Basically, and I'm sure Rage can finish this sentence, but ____ wins.

I didn't dodge. Hulk doesn't have the choice like Odin or someone with the PG.

It's not at all. Hulk amping is an automatic reaction, not a decision like Odin

I didn't at all

I can see that

I haven't been. I've explained to you what i meant and how i see it. You disagree and want to keep this little side debate going for some reason.

Prime wins

carver9

Didn't read.

carver9
Prime's showings being all over the place isn't anything new.. Superboy actually drew blood with his punches.

But he was also insanely hard to KO or defeat, as we saw in examples of in Sinestro Corp War and Legion of Three Worlds.

Since you know his showings is all over the place, why bring up him surviving Monarch detonation?

Branlor Swift
I didn't dodge. Hulk doesn't have the choice like Odin or someone with the PG.

It's not at all. Hulk amping is an automatic reaction, not a decision like Odin

I didn't at all

I can see that

I haven't been. I've explained to you what i meant and how i see it. You disagree and want to keep this little side debate going for some reason.

Prime wins Because you keep saying the same sort of stuff that you were just tossing out there like "Are they buying it yet?"
That's why I keep responding. That and you just keep being wrong. I don't just disagree, there is no opinion element. You are wrong. It's that simple.

Anyway, as to your first point:

Which is exactly the difference between Drax with the PG and Thanos/Warlock with the PG. Drax doesn't have a choice if he wants to amp. Thanos/Warlock do. But apparently even having the same power source, one would be allowed to amp in threads, while another wouldn't
But apparently Hulk/Odin is nothing like that. And I know you're thinking "Well, if they gave it to him...", but that's not the issue. It's the same exact thing you're pushing. Apparently we should take away the entire PG's function in one case, just like we should take away an entire function of how we assume Odin's strength works. AMPING

It doesn't matter if it's a decision though. It's amping. You said slugfests aren't amping. But apparently losing all control is reason enough that amping should be allowed. It's hypocritical. Hulk is allowed to amp in slugfest threads, but you don't think Odin should. End of the day you didn't think about Hulk, and now you're backpeddling all the way to balloon-tank-human town to try and right that mistake.

You didn't at all... then why are we talking about it? You outright stated Odin is weaker and can't amp. I called you out on it being in the OP. You continued. But no, you didn't at all.
But if you didn't at all, then Odin is allowed to amp here with no objections from you. Glad that's solved.

But yes, we should not talk about how you said Odin can't amp and that's why Prime wins. Why on Earth would that be relevant?

Another point, but Hulk doesn't have to amp in threads. Just like Odin is apparently cut off from amping for no reason, Hulk could be cut off from amping. Same. Thing.
But that'd be incredibly hard to judge which is why we don't do it (among other reasons... mostly due to nobody being that fickle), which is crazily unlike Odin's strength with the notion that he's always amping (because his bio says he's a class 75).

Sundipped
Didn't read.

As soon as you saw the first word "prove" you realized it would be tough to counter huh? laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus

How does that change absolutely anything at all? This is the most retarded qualifier for amping I've ever read.

So according to you, people can only amp when its involuntary? What the f*ck?

I've seen it done several times here, especially after the Zeus-Hulk fight

Examples? Wait, you know what, it doesn't matter. Just because one thread stipulates that amping is involved, it doesn't mean all threads have to or its not allowed.

Rage.Of.Olympus

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/Superman/Countdown13p08.jpg.html

That really really hurt!! means he wasn't hurt and only pissed like a friend pinching your arm?

thumb up

You should be ashamed of encouraging such obviously poor reading habits. And by ashamed, I mean proud, because even though I emphasized ashamed, I meant something completely different.

Branlor Swift
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bigbran1/media/Superman/Countdown13p08.jpg.html

That really really hurt!! means he wasn't hurt and only pissed like a friend pinching your arm? Wouldn't you say the same thing if your friend was pinching your arm?

Golgo13
Odin headbutt FTW?

Sundipped

That really really hurt!! means he wasn't hurt and only pissed like a friend pinching your arm?

You should be ashamed of encouraging such obviously poor reading habits. And by ashamed, I mean proud, because even though I emphasized ashamed, I meant something completely different.

Pinches really really hurt too.
Still a very far cry from being even remotely close to Prime being incapacitated which is the main point but carver loves to hang his hat on the insignificance of that scene every chance he gets.

zopzop

Et tu, Brute? wounded1

carver9
As soon as you saw the first word "prove" you realized it would be tough to counter huh? laughing out loud

No...I ignored him for obvious reasons. Rage cleared it up for me.

h1a8
Wow, this forum needs guys like me to set things straight. Things are getting kind of out of whack.

Normal Superman can beat the shit out of Odin in a slugfest. Prime is spite and Gaurdian Prime is utter spite.

NemeBro
No...I ignored him for obvious reasons. Rage cleared it up for me. You're kind of a punk.

LordofBrooklyn
Didn't read.

How often is this the case with you?

DON'T LIE TO ME!!!! mad

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Golgo13
Odin headbutt FTW?

LIES!

carver9
Originally posted by NemeBro
You're kind of a punk.

I love you to Nemebro.

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
Wow, this forum needs guys like me to set things straight. Things are getting kind of out of whack.

Normal Superman can beat the shit out of Odin in a slugfest. Prime is spite and Gaurdian Prime is utter spite.

Wait, what?

==

lol @ carver riding dem coattails.

kgkg
Originally posted by h1a8

Normal Superman can beat the shit out of Odin in a slugfest. Prime is spite and Gaurdian Prime is utter spite. You are a hero KMC deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Wait, what?

==

lol @ carver riding dem coattails.

What is a coattail?

Badabing
Originally posted by Golgo13
Odin headbutt FTW? mmmOriginally posted by carver9
What is a coattail? Carver, don't make me dur you. no expression

Damborgson
Originally posted by NemeBro
You're kind of a punk.

He's like this ever since he found out how to download torrents. Waiting for the return of old Carver...

Mindset
This is the best carver we've ever seen.

Carver Prime.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Mindset
This is the best carver we've ever seen.

What is a coattail?
Originally posted by Badabing
mmm

Mindset
laughing out loud

wolverinos
Didn't read.

of course you didnt, same with comics.

you realized you cant prove anything.

wolverinos

too dense to comprehend? i will repeat again.

we dont see prime actually hurt, all we see is prime being pissed and stating it hurt like a mockery and douchery.
prime is the most arrogant character in DC, during his amp he was even a bigger douche.
Prime was walking straight thru anything and anyone.
suddenly an attack made him feel something therefor he was like "you dare?".
as i pointed out before its same as someone pinching you, it hurts to some degree and makes you pissed but light years from making damage.
all that is backed by the fact prime wasnt even slightly hurt after that attack.
and also an even weaker prime who already lost that Amp he had survived a universal blast.

but of course why would you use logic and comprehension of words? when you can just point out like a little dull kid at the picture and say "BUT BUT PRIME SAIZ ET HORET"

Branlor Swift
Where does one acquire these special edition comics?

wolverinos
Where does one acquire these special edition comics?

dude you got an avatar of some psycho pedo and your sig consists of little kids... whats wrong with you?

Branlor Swift
dude you got an avatar of some psycho pedo and your sig consists of little kids... whats wrong with you? Well that didn't answer anything.

I would like to partake in the comics you're reading. They're probably double sized too seeing all the scenes they explain in vivid detail that seemingly contradict the regular panels.

Bentley
We know that Prime was losing his amp since his face off with Myx didn't we? Why are we assuming it was Monarch who weakened him?

NemeBro
I love you to Nemebro. *too

Bentley
I'm officially shipping for NemeBro and Carter now.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by kgkg
You are a hero KMC deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Or wants.

h1a8
Originally posted by kgkg
You are a hero KMC deserves, but not the one it needs right now. trust me I'm needed. Without me superman would be treated like a piece of shit that Thanos could easily beat. But in reality Superman would beat the shit out of Thanos using superior speed and strength.

juggerman
Because you keep saying the same sort of stuff that you were just tossing out there like "Are they buying it yet?"
That's why I keep responding. That and you just keep being wrong. I don't just disagree, there is no opinion element. You are wrong. It's that simple.

Anyway, as to your first point:

Which is exactly the difference between Drax with the PG and Thanos/Warlock with the PG. Drax doesn't have a choice if he wants to amp. Thanos/Warlock do. But apparently even having the same power source, one would be allowed to amp in threads, while another wouldn't
But apparently Hulk/Odin is nothing like that. And I know you're thinking "Well, if they gave it to him...", but that's not the issue. It's the same exact thing you're pushing. Apparently we should take away the entire PG's function in one case, just like we should take away an entire function of how we assume Odin's strength works. AMPING

It doesn't matter if it's a decision though. It's amping. You said slugfests aren't amping. But apparently losing all control is reason enough that amping should be allowed. It's hypocritical. Hulk is allowed to amp in slugfest threads, but you don't think Odin should. End of the day you didn't think about Hulk, and now you're backpeddling all the way to balloon-tank-human town to try and right that mistake.

You didn't at all... then why are we talking about it? You outright stated Odin is weaker and can't amp. I called you out on it being in the OP. You continued. But no, you didn't at all.
But if you didn't at all, then Odin is allowed to amp here with no objections from you. Glad that's solved.

But yes, we should not talk about how you said Odin can't amp and that's why Prime wins. Why on Earth would that be relevant?

Another point, but Hulk doesn't have to amp in threads. Just like Odin is apparently cut off from amping for no reason, Hulk could be cut off from amping. Same. Thing.
But that'd be incredibly hard to judge which is why we don't do it (among other reasons... mostly due to nobody being that fickle), which is crazily unlike Odin's strength with the notion that he's always amping (because his bio says he's a class 75).

More pointless crap i see.

The difference is totally different. If Drax can't amp at all and then Thanos can by choice, how exactly is that like Odin amping as a choice and Hulk having an auto amp? It's not. You're just bringing up unrelated BS to try to back your meaningless claim.

A slugfest is just two people punching each other. Odin would have to actively amp himself which is not just fighting. Hulk would grow stronger BY just fighting. Big difference even tho you want to ignore it.

Odin is weaker as in he is gimped here. But since you need him to amp then ok he can. He'd still lose.

I didn't make the thread. I didn't choose the stipulations. My understand was that it would be purely a slugfest as the OP stated. But since you cried let him amp.

I know Hulk doesn't have to amp but in a fight it's automatic. Unless it's turned off by the OP then I'd assume he has it. With Odin i'd assume he can do anything he has within his power unless he is gimped like he is here.

I've dropped the no amping point and still feel as tho Prime wins

DarkSaint85

The difference is totally different. If Drax can't amp at all and then Thanos can by choice, how exactly is that like Odin amping as a choice and Hulk having an auto amp? It's not. You're just bringing up unrelated BS to try to back your meaningless claim.

A slugfest is just two people punching each other. Odin would have to actively amp himself which is not just fighting. Hulk would grow stronger BY just fighting. Big difference even tho you want to ignore it.

Odin is weaker as in he is gimped here. But since you need him to amp then ok he can. He'd still lose.

I didn't make the thread. I didn't choose the stipulations. My understand was that it would be purely a slugfest as the OP stated. But since you cried let him amp.

I know Hulk doesn't have to amp but in a fight it's automatic. Unless it's turned off by the OP then I'd assume he has it. With Odin i'd assume he can do anything he has within his power unless he is gimped like he is here.

I've dropped the no amping point and still feel as tho Prime wins

Just to play Devil's Advocate:

Where would you place people like Darwin, then, who don't consciously amp (last I remembered; could be wrong now)?

juggerman
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Just to play Devil's Advocate:

Where would you place people like Darwin, then, who don't consciously amp (last I remembered; could be wrong now)?

If it's automatic then I'd say it would be allowed. Like HP Doomsday for example

wolverinos
Well that didn't answer anything.

I would like to partake in the comics you're reading. They're probably double sized too seeing all the scenes they explain in vivid detail that seemingly contradict the regular panels.

Nah i just use something called Mind... ever heard of that thing?

what i said does not contradict anything but actually side that.
i find it amusing how many members here like yourself are very double standard and hypocrite.
when it suits you , you go and explain the details behind a scan, but when it does not suit you, you are walking blindly claiming you get what you see.

i already gave explanation to that, unless you got anything new to add buzz off.

wolverinos
lets stick to the topic.
Average Prime will beat the living hell out of odin.
Odin without using his powers, even if Amping is nothing to Prime.
this is GA Prime and this is a complete stomp.
lets also not forget that prime is immune to magic and even if odin amps its magic amping him.
i can even assume and it will be very logical that Prime will just laugh off his punches, then proceed to take his head off.

Lets remember zeus amping himself and beating hulk to the point he couldnt heal, why did his punches took the healing out of hulk? because the punches were magical.
the thing is Odin will Amp himself with magic and it will only lead to a curbstomp he doesnt even realize.

to add more he will probably be arrogant as always and call Prime Stupid child.... and this is when limbs will start tearing off, heads will get shoved up asses atc atc

zopzop
Lets remember zeus amping himself and beating hulk to the point he couldnt heal, why did his punches took the healing out of hulk? because the punches were magical.
the thing is Odin will Amp himself with magic and it will only lead to a curbstomp he doesnt even realize.

thumb up

LeonBuco666
Which odin are we using here current?

juggerman
Which odin are we using here current?

Most likely

Stoic
If it's automatic then I'd say it would be allowed. Like HP Doomsday for example

I'm not exactly sure if you know this, but Odin does not have to say some magical words to amplify his power output, the power to amplify is also always there with him just like it is for the Hulk, your boy the Juggernaut, and several other characters that innately are capable of amplifying themselves. Odin as you may know not only possesses his own personal power, but he is somewhat of a composite being. What I mean by this is that he also has his brothers powers combined with his own, which is one of the many reasons that he has the ability to grow to enormous sizes at will.

Note that I said at will. His amplifications are done by will alone, and not by some outside source that he taps into. Odin can tap into outside sources sort of, but in the end, those outside sources are still his to do with as he pleases, such as the power to amplify himself by drawing on the power of every Asgardian in "his" realm. Even without them however, he can still amplify his power.

Take note, that the explosion that SBP survived when battling Monarch was seemingly able to eradicate all life in that particular universe, he was still knocked for a loop, and it wasn't actually his own power that made all of that mess. Odin on the other hand could wipe out a universe, and continue to fight long after Prime would be rendered KO'd.

I don't believe that Prime is on Odin's level without the guardian amplification, nor would he be even if he had the amplification that would surely be exhausted from doing battle with someone as powerful as Odin.

IMO a battle between these two would be interesting right up until Prime lost the guardian amp, but the minute that Odin burns through it, Prime would become just another whipping boy. If this was anything more than just a H2H contest Odin would end Prime in moments.

DarkSaint85
Also depends on how you see the magic amping his punches.

Would magical strength still affect SBP, who is magic-proof (or at least, resistant)? If I punch him with magical fists, would they hurt as much as if the 10N of force (I'm weak) was generated by my muscles and using my own skin and bone?

juggerman
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm not exactly sure if you know this, but Odin does not have to say some magical words to amplify his power output, the power to amplify is also always there with him just like it is for the Hulk, your boy the Juggernaut, and several other characters that innately are capable of amplifying themselves. Odin as you may know not only possesses his own personal power, but he is somewhat of a composite being. What I mean by this is that he also has his brothers powers combined with his own, which is one of the many reasons that he has the ability to grow to enormous sizes at will.

Note that I said at will. His amplifications are done by will alone, and not by some outside source that he taps into. Odin can tap into outside sources sort of, but in the end, those outside sources are still his to do with as he pleases, such as the power to amplify himself by drawing on the power of every Asgardian in "his" realm. Even without them however, he can still amplify his power.

Take note, that the explosion that SBP survived when battling Monarch was seemingly able to eradicate all life in that particular universe, he was still knocked for a loop, and it wasn't actually his own power that made all of that mess. Odin on the other hand could wipe out a universe, and continue to fight long after Prime would be rendered KO'd.

I don't believe that Prime is on Odin's level without the guardian amplification, nor would he be even if he had the amplification that would surely be exhausted from doing battle with someone as powerful as Odin.

IMO a battle between these two would be interesting right up until Prime lost the guardian amp, but the minute that Odin burns through it, Prime would become just another whipping boy. If this was anything more than just a H2H contest Odin would end Prime in moments.

I realise this. I meant the fact that it's something he would have to actually do unlike Hulk who really doesn't have to "do" anything. It just happens as a result. Odin's would have to knowingly and actively increase his power. But apparently I'm wrong about my thought on this so i won't say it's not something he can do here.

Can Odin destroy the universe in a similar manner by just punching Prime? I know he can with his powers ungimped but i dunno about just punching.

juggerman

Would magical strength still affect SBP, who is magic-proof (or at least, resistant)? If I punch him with magical fists, would they hurt as much as if the 10N of force (I'm weak) was generated by my muscles and using my own skin and bone?

This is a good point. Black Adam is a beast but his magically amped punches "tickled" Prime

carver9

I don't think its the magical fist that's the problem, its his strength that is the key. I don't think Prime is physically on Odin level. Yeah, magic would be amping Odin but it is still just strength when you look at it.

Stoic
I realise this. I meant the fact that it's something he would have to actually do unlike Hulk who really doesn't have to "do" anything. It just happens as a result. Odin's would have to knowingly and actively increase his power. But apparently I'm wrong about my thought on this so i won't say it's not something he can do here.

Can Odin destroy the universe in a similar manner by just punching Prime? I know he can with his powers ungimped but i dunno about just punching.

No he would likely not be able to wipe out something as large as a universe while using his physical might alone, but then again since this is just a H2H contest, Prime would not be able to use his speed, heat ray vision, or any other of his exotic powers to secure a victory. They would both be fighting at the same speeds, which is something that Wolverinos failed to acknowledge in his few posts on the subject. This is something that you might also want to take into account when automatically pulling for the Prime side.

This is a good point. Black Adam is a beast but his magically amped punches "tickled" Prime

Black Adam is a gnat in comparison to Odin though. Odin should be able to KO Teth with a finger flick. I'm not sure if you've ever seen how easily Odin deals with Thor, but if you haven't, it's no contest at all between these two.

Stoic
I don't think its the magical fist that's the problem, its his strength that is the key. I don't think Prime is physically on Odin level. Yeah, magic would be amping Odin but it is still just strength when you look at it.

magic is what amplifies the Juggernaut as well, but you wouldn't remove this from him if he were to do H2H battle with an opponent.

DarkSaint85

Part of the issue, I think, would be that the surface that hits Prime's soft and tender spots will be Odin's magical skin and bone and flesh.

SBP was also immune to Zauriel's sword, which was supposed to be able to cut through anything, was tanked by SBP, for what its worth.

carver9
Part of the issue, I think, would be that the surface that hits Prime's soft and tender spots will be Odin's magical skin and bone and flesh.

SBP was also immune to Zauriel's sword, which was supposed to be able to cut through anything, was tanked by SBP, for what its worth.

Yeah, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that Odin is super strong. He is amping off magic but its going towards his strength which is what count here. I can understand if Odin was blasting him with magic...what Odin is doing here is increasing his physical stats.

DarkSaint85

Black Adam is a gnat in comparison to Odin though. Odin should be able to KO Teth with a finger flick. I'm not sure if you've ever seen how easily Odin deals with Thor, but if you haven't, it's no contest at all between these two.

True, but considering how beastly BA was, and how casually SBP tanked then smiled at his full force punches (BA is not known for his restraint; and this was without the Guardian amp), you gotta wonder how much more SBP can tank.

Stoic

The sword was supposed to be able to cut through anything unless it met a power above it's enchantment. This is what happened, but this is not to say that the sword is above Odin in terms of power.

carver9
He didn't casually tank Adam punches though. At one point, he was screaming in pain.

cdtm

Does the sword have any good feats behind it?

If not, it still counts as a feat, but more in terms of confirming SBP isn't anywhere as vulnerable to magic as Superman is, who gets nicked by angel bones fashioned into claws and WW's magic sword..

Stoic
True, but considering how beastly BA was, and how casually SBP tanked then smiled at his full force punches (BA is not known for his restraint; and this was without the Guardian amp), you gotta wonder how much more SBP can tank.

The Silver Surfer is above Teth IMO in several areas, but did you see how easily Odin KO'd him? SBP without the amp punched Teth during Crisis, and Teth was still awake. Just something to think about.

cdtm
He didn't casually tank Adam punches though. At one point, he was screaming in pain.

His "Actually, it tickles" at the end, complete with big shit eating grin, made it pretty obvious he was toying with Adam. confused

Stoic
His "Actually, it tickles" at the end, complete with big shit eating grin, made it pretty obvious he was toying with Adam. confused

Yes it was you are correct, but Thanos smiled as Norrin blasted him in the face as well. Thanos is not on Odin's level, and i would wager that Teth isn't quite as powerful as Norrin. With the GA amp, Prime would likely be able to give Odin a fight, but the minute Odin burned through that amp, Prime would go down, or be swatted around much like Thanos was when he did battle with Odin.

carver9

Or he was being cocky. I see no reason for someone to scream out in pain if something tickled.

DarkSaint85

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/36657/1615603-black_adam2.jpg

Arrgh...the magic...the magic hurts! It hurts!

Actually, it tickles. *smile*

I just see it as more emo acting out from Prime, more than anything.

Considering Connor and Krypto et al managed to draw blood, and BA didn't even so much as bruise his face....

Does the sword have any good feats behind it?

If not, it still counts as a feat, but more in terms of confirming SBP isn't anywhere as vulnerable to magic as Superman is, who gets nicked by angel bones fashioned into claws and WW's magic sword..
None that I recall off the top of my head, bar statements from Zauriel. He was too niche a character.

Insane Titan
Prime was mocking Adam the whole time hence the saying the punches hurt

Stoic
Or he was being cocky. I see no reason for someone to scream out in pain if something tickled.

He wasn't being cocky, Prime was toying with Teth, who i would place on or around mid to high Herald. Odin is so far above this pay-grade or scale that there really is no reason for Teth to be discussed in this thread.

DarkSaint85
He wasn't being cocky, Prime was toying with Teth, who i would place on or around mid to high Herald. Odin is so far above this pay-grade or scale that there really is no reason for Teth to be discussed in this thread.

I know, definitely not equating BA to Odin.

At all.

BUT, SBP without a massive amp was toying with him like a child. Literally, like a child punching you and you play along and pretend they're hurting you.

So with an amp, BA would be like a gnat to SBP. That's all.

Stoic
I know, definitely not equating BA to Odin.

At all.

BUT, SBP without a massive amp was toying with him like a child. Literally, like a child punching you and you play along and pretend they're hurting you.

So with an amp, BA would be like a gnat to SBP. That's all.

You mean much like Thanos toys with Norrin? You saw how much power or more precisely how much effort odin put into his battle with Thanos, and imo Odin wasn't going all out. I saw odin's best against a nourished Galactus, and from what i got, the gap wasn't as wide in terms of power as many posters once thought.

DarkSaint85
You mean much like Thanos toys with Norrin? You saw how much power or more precisely how much effort odin put into his battle with Thanos, and imo Odin wasn't going all out. I saw odin's best against a nourished Galactus, and from what i got, the gap wasn't as wide in terms of power as many posters once thought.

True.

I also missed your earlier comment, which was you placing Norrin above BA in 'certain areas'. Would you place his strength/punching durability above his?

Stoic
True.

I also missed your earlier comment, which was you placing Norrin above BA in 'certain areas'. Would you place his strength/punching durability above his?

I would place Teth at or around Norrin in terms of punching power. Maybe, I mean his battle with Morg makes me think that Norrin may be above Teth in just about every way aside from combat speed.

Just scale it for yourself by using Thanos in place of SBP, and how easily Thanos toys with Norrin. Then scale Thanos to guys in the same ballpark as Galactus.

Odin vs Teth? How large of a gap would you put between these two. Pretty large huh?

carver9
Norrin also had a good physical showing against Bill. His battle with an amplified Skaar that was getting power from a planet was good as well. He physically matched both.

juggerman
IDK if Odin can put Super Prime down. Even normal Prime took a universe buster. Can't see Odin matching that h2h

Stoic
IDK if Odin can put Super Prime down. Even normal Prime took a universe buster. Can't see Odin matching that h2h

Super Prime would be limited to H2h just like Odin would be, this mean no multiple hit combos, but more of a punch for punch type battle. Just keep that in mind. Monarch is no Odin, nor is Odin as vulnerable to piercing attacks as Monarch was, due mainly to his containment suit. Odin would have popped monarch as well, but the only thing here is that Odin wouldn't have been knocked for a loop by the outcome of the suits rupture.

carver9
Galan showed scans proving it wasn't a universe busting blast.

SquallX

Son! you disappoint me by spiiting that bullshit.

wolverinos

are you retarded? he was mocking black adam and then laughing while slapping him miles away.
dude you are the worst troll on those boards, you are lying and looking if you can go under the radar with your lies until someone slaps you for that.

TheGodKiller
Or he was being an emotroll. Which is pretty much what his character was supposed to be in those days.

Butthurt emophag.

juggerman
Super Prime would be limited to H2h just like Odin would be, this mean no multiple hit combos, but more of a punch for punch type battle. Just keep that in mind. Monarch is no Odin, nor is Odin as vulnerable to piercing attacks as Monarch was, due mainly to his containment suit. Odin would have popped monarch as well, but the only thing here is that Odin wouldn't have been knocked for a loop by the outcome of the suits rupture.

I'm pretty sure combos would be allowed

Galan showed scans proving it wasn't a universe busting blast.

Still more than Odin can do h2h

Stoic
I'm pretty sure combos would be allowed

Still more than Odin can do h2h

Wouldn't super speed combos be him using exotic powers?

Rage.Of.Olympus

You should visit the Hyperion vs. Prime thread.

Anyways, Prime was knocked the f*ck out and it was far from a Universe buster.

Rage.Of.Olympus
too dense to comprehend? i will repeat again.

we dont see prime actually hurt, all we see is prime being pissed and stating it hurt like a mockery and douchery.
prime is the most arrogant character in DC, during his amp he was even a bigger douche.
Prime was walking straight thru anything and anyone.
suddenly an attack made him feel something therefor he was like "you dare?".
as i pointed out before its same as someone pinching you, it hurts to some degree and makes you pissed but light years from making damage.
all that is backed by the fact prime wasnt even slightly hurt after that attack.
and also an even weaker prime who already lost that Amp he had survived a universal blast.

but of course why would you use logic and comprehension of words? when you can just point out like a little dull kid at the picture and say "BUT BUT PRIME SAIZ ET HORET"

You can do say whatever you want, but unless you have some actual evidence to support your conclusion, there's no possible argument to be made around this very clear on panel statement:

It's not vague, said mockingly or sarcastically. Prime was pissed, really pissed because it hurt. It really, really, hurt.

Branlor Swift

I've dropped the no amping point and still feel as tho Prime wins What are you even talking about?
Drax amped with the PG subconsciously, he was basically Hulk via he had no control over it and would amp by fighting. Thanos has control over it. It's the exact same thing, though I wouldn't expect you to know a thing about comics. There's some more retarded distinctions from you. But I agree, it's best to just ignore the similarities... in your case.

And Odin does it in the middle of fighting. He doesn't take time out of a busy schedule, he does it just as quick if not quicker if we're under the assumption everything he's done is with an amp. He doesn't put his hand up and say "Wait, I gotta put my amp pants on, this will take a moment... shit, these are skinny fit amp pants."
I see a hypocrite trying to make a pointless distinction between amping not being allowed and amping being allowed. As Rage said:
How does that change absolutely anything at all? This is the most retarded qualifier for amping I've ever read.

So according to you, people can only amp when its involuntary? What the f*ck?

I thought you said you weren't trying to insert your opinion of how things go as fact? Yet here you are just contradicting yourself again. When I've asked you to go about proving that amping isn't allowed in these types of threads you said "Explained already". But you've utterly failed to explain anything other than Hulk's amping works different than Odin's. You've backtracked repeatedly, contradicted yourself repeatedly. Ignored the part where this is only coming from you, yet you want to insert your opinion again as a fact. Silly guy you.
lol at need him to amp. I've already said it's never been said that he's amping when he fights, just that it covers all bases from what he's done.

And that goes back into you making up rules. No one else was under the assumption amping is out of slugfests, indicated by like 3 different people questioning you immediately when you said it.
But yes, I'm crying. Proving someone wrong in every capacity looks bad on me. My tears amp me, but in a way that's allowed in these sort of threads. It appears your tears don't amp you in the same way, and thus your amp isn't allowed.

And it's apparently automatic for Odin to amp in fights, via him apparently doing it in every fight.
lol at you still saying Odin is gimped.

You dropped the no amping point... so what exactly is the rest of your post? I don't mean to be a dick, but do you even think about what you post?
"I'm going to spend an entire post trying to explain that Hulk can amp but Odin shouldn't, say Odin can't amp a couple times, and then at the end of my post say I dropped the point! That way he can't possibly discuss what I said above. Foolproof Juggerman, can't miss."

And really, can any of us miss with such hip and happening points that you're pedaling (and backpedaling), but wait, you also aren't saying it like it's a fact or anything, just that that's what the thread is, because you're under the 'assumption'?

Next you're going to say you were under the assumption that characters weren't allowed to walk in these threads. Except for Hulk, who is too stupid not to walk

But since you've dropped the no amping point via you clearing that up so well... I disagree that Prime wins.

Branlor Swift
Nah i just use something called Mind... ever heard of that thing?

what i said does not contradict anything but actually side that.
i find it amusing how many members here like yourself are very double standard and hypocrite.
when it suits you , you go and explain the details behind a scan, but when it does not suit you, you are walking blindly claiming you get what you see.

i already gave explanation to that, unless you got anything new to add buzz off. Yes, explaining context is the same as making up context. Good job AJ. I hope you're proud

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

juggerman
Wouldn't super speed combos be him using exotic powers?

I think in a slug fest both guys would be punching as hard and fast as possible. Wouldn't you think this would be the case?

juggerman
What are you even talking about?
Drax amped with the PG subconsciously, he was basically Hulk via he had no control over it and would amp by fighting. Thanos has control over it. It's the exact same thing, though I wouldn't expect you to know a thing about comics. There's some more retarded distinctions from you. But I agree, it's best to just ignore the similarities... in your case.

And Odin does it in the middle of fighting. He doesn't take time out of a busy schedule, he does it just as quick if not quicker if we're under the assumption everything he's done is with an amp. He doesn't put his hand up and say "Wait, I gotta put my amp pants on, this will take a moment... shit, these are skinny fit amp pants."
I see a hypocrite trying to make a pointless distinction between amping not being allowed and amping being allowed. As Rage said:

I thought you said you weren't trying to insert your opinion of how things go as fact? Yet here you are just contradicting yourself again. When I've asked you to go about proving that amping isn't allowed in these types of threads you said "Explained already". But you've utterly failed to explain anything other than Hulk's amping works different than Odin's. You've backtracked repeatedly, contradicted yourself repeatedly. Ignored the part where this is only coming from you, yet you want to insert your opinion again as a fact. Silly guy you.
lol at need him to amp. I've already said it's never been said that he's amping when he fights, just that it covers all bases from what he's done.

And that goes back into you making up rules. No one else was under the assumption amping is out of slugfests, indicated by like 3 different people questioning you immediately when you said it.
But yes, I'm crying. Proving someone wrong in every capacity looks bad on me. My tears amp me, but in a way that's allowed in these sort of threads. It appears your tears don't amp you in the same way, and thus your amp isn't allowed.

And it's apparently automatic for Odin to amp in fights, via him apparently doing it in every fight.
lol at you still saying Odin is gimped.

You dropped the no amping point... so what exactly is the rest of your post? I don't mean to be a dick, but do you even think about what you post?
"I'm going to spend an entire post trying to explain that Hulk can amp but Odin shouldn't, say Odin can't amp a couple times, and then at the end of my post say I dropped the point! That way he can't possibly discuss what I said above. Foolproof Juggerman, can't miss."

And really, can any of us miss with such hip and happening points that you're pedaling (and backpedaling), but wait, you also aren't saying it like it's a fact or anything, just that that's what the thread is, because you're under the 'assumption'?

Next you're going to say you were under the assumption that characters weren't allowed to walk in these threads. Except for Hulk, who is too stupid not to walk

But since you've dropped the no amping point via you clearing that up so well... I disagree that Prime wins.

Calm down.

SquallX
Are people on this board actually denying Prime's Universe surviving blast?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>