Troops (DC vs Marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ClayWorm
In all those heros vs villains encounters, who gives lives to protect civillians, to fight villains before heros arrive or even with them, and sometimes even against them. Regular soldiers. Which comic company made more justice to soldiers, which portrait them better? Lets make non canon stories count too. And which are more BAMF.

1) No espionage or higher ups(if they're regular cast). No meta humans, super, heroes, only regular human beings.

2) No meta humans, super, heroes, only regular human beings.

Explanations and panels are wellcome.

Odekahn
DC due to one city. Metropolis.

In every media, every time something is going down, the M City troops are onsite shooting at something, lol. They are some real soldiers, and seeing the stuff that they have had to deal with day in and day out.... yeah. haha.

maxivitopowe
Well NY isn't too bad in that regard

Endless Mike
Do SHIELD agents count?

ClayWorm
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Do SHIELD agents count?
Nah, those are special fighters of special organization, not an army.

It just striked me. There're ordinary people in the comics who fights even though they know they're basicly meat(but they are still drawn). They can stood their ground before Superman or Thor, alien invasion, supervillains even though they weren't trained to do so and will unlikely change something, though sometimes they do.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ClayWorm
Nah, those are special fighters of special organization, not an army.

It just striked me. There're ordinary people in the comics who fights even though they know they're basicly meat(but they are still drawn). They can stood their ground before Superman or Thor, alien invasion, supervillains even though they weren't trained to do so and will unlikely change something, though sometimes they do.

By that logic, any HYDRA agents etc are also this.

I mean, going up against the Avengers, the X-men etc? That takes balls.

LeonBuco666
The human soldiers are the most relateable in comics, they fight threats they have NO right to be fighting, by that i mean, they should be at home while hero's fight, instead they give there lives for there cities, homes and the earth, they know they have little chance of surviving and are not trained to deal with the kind of power they go up against.
Thats honorable, thats fighting for the greater good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.