Do members go to Church, temple and so forth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wilco
I go to church at Easter and Christmas and that's it.

I'm not really into the church bitchiness, as many followers can talk behind your back...certainly not all, but a few big grin

Mindship
Rarely. I meditate. The universe is my temple. cool

Symmetric Chaos
I'm a Christmas and Easter atheist.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I'm a Christmas and Easter atheist.

Catholicism, in a nutshell. estahuh

Digi
I watch football on Sundays. As far as I'm concerned, it's entirely equivalent to the rest of y'all going to church.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Catholicism, in a nutshell. estahuh

Heh. Catholic jokes. The regulars hate people like Sym. We used to call them "two-timers" for the clever double meaning.

wilco
Originally posted by Mindship
Rarely. I meditate. The universe is my temple. cool

My Uncle meditates. About 8 years ago I went to a meditation thing and after 30 minutes my legs cramped up ..no sh*t big grin

He's into Buddhism and such.

wilco
Originally posted by Digi
"two-timers" for the clever double meaning.

You mean double entendre ..I had to look up that word wink

Mindship
Originally posted by wilco
My Uncle meditates. About 8 years ago I went to a meditation thing and after 30 minutes my legs cramped up ..no sh*t big grin Forget the special positions. Just don't lay down or you'll fall asleep.

Digi
You mean double entendre ..I had to look up that word wink

Well, "double meaning" means pretty much the exact same thing as "double entendre" and "entendre" usually carries with it some kind of sexual implication.

So no, I meant "double meaning." happy

wilco
Forget the special positions. Just don't lay down or you'll fall asleep.

I don't mind Yoga and stretching, but meditation for an hour so you don't think about anything and becoming an empty vessel, well you can stick that up your cracker laughing

wilco
Originally posted by Digi
Well, "double meaning" means pretty much the exact same thing as "double entendre" and "entendre" usually carries with it some kind of sexual implication.

So no, I meant "double meaning." happy

There's another movie forum who's leader is a wiseguy also! wink

At least you can have a joke, which he can not.

Digi
fdog

Bardock42
I was in a Catholic curch today, for a funeral. It was bizarre. I believe Christianity, and especially Catholicism, is one of the most odd religions in the world.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
I was in a Catholic curch today, for a funeral. It was bizarre. I believe Christianity, and especially Catholicism, is one of the most odd religions in the world.

Remember the "Christian" monks singing in the Holy Grail? That's what I think about Catholic traditions. It's kind of funny/fun.

Digi
There's a lot to be said for the pomp and ritual of Catholicism. It's what appeals to many about it, even as it seems strange to outsiders.

Mindship
I don't mind Yoga and stretching, but meditation for an hour so you don't think about anything and becoming an empty vessel, well you can stick that up your cracker laughing This is why I never went to a meditation retreat. 15-20 minutes and I'm good. Plus whenever I remember just to be conscious.

I'll try the hour stuff in my next life. wink

siriuswriter
I used to go every Sunday for church and every Wednesday night for choir. My parents brought me up that way until I realized my brain could think for itself, and that I really hated all the regulations and rules of religion. I prefer a much more "free-style" kind of spiritualism and meditate.

wilco
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I used to go every Sunday for church and every Wednesday night for choir. My parents brought me up that way until I realized my brain could think for itself, and that I really hated all the regulations and rules of religion. I prefer a much more "free-style" kind of spiritualism and meditate.

I went to a Catholic Boarding School (Marist Brothers)- agricultural boarding school.

We got the cane and the strap and also, milking cows and farm duties. Cleaning the pig pen, castrating steers and much more.

It was a great Rubgy League school

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/images/aac09/stGregs_v_hills/stGregorys_college_aac_v_hills_teamPhoto_s3.jpg

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/images/aac09/stGregs_v_hills/stGregorys_college_aac_v_hills_teamPhoto_s3.jpg

dadudemon
Originally posted by siriuswriter

Awesome. So let's go make some free love and get all spiritual with our free-style positions.

siriuswriter's religion, ftw.

Lord Lucien
Only for funerals. They're always a riot.

wilco
Awesome. So let's go make some free love and get all spiritual with our free-style positions.

rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing

Mindship
Awesome. So let's go make some free love and get all spiritual with our free-style positions. Frickin' hippie.

wilco
Frickin' hippie.

laughing

Theres a town in northern New South Wales name - Nimbin and many people who live where are hippies and take the so called happy drug wink

http://www.rainbowretreatnimbin.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/567321-nimbin.jpg

http://www3.yha.com.au/uploadedImages/Content/en/Australian_Hostels/NSW/Byron_Bay_and_Surrounds/Nimbin/Nimbin%20shops.jpg

laughing out loud

wilco
Frickin' hippie.

laughing

Theres a town in northern New South Wales named - Nimbin and many people who live where are hippies and take the so called happy drug wink

http://www.rainbowretreatnimbin.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/567321-nimbin.jpg

http://www3.yha.com.au/uploadedImages/Content/en/Australian_Hostels/NSW/Byron_Bay_and_Surrounds/Nimbin/Nimbin%20shops.jpg

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.