Obi 'Ben'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hayden's minx
Obi wan is credited as ben Kenobi in Episode 3.

GordonSkywalker
So he takes on the name Ben Kenobi at some point in the film. Very intriguing idea-thanks for sharing!

Ushgarak
Well, he did always say that he hadn't used the name Obi-Wan since before Luke was born, and we assume Luke is born in the film... never sure how literally we were meant to take that, though.

GordonSkywalker
It would be an impressive connection to the first Star Wars though, if he does become "Old Ben" in this one.

cookies2006
He really isnt supposed to be that old though is he?

GordonSkywalker
He can't be that old in Episode 3 because it's only a few years later than in "Clones". But he grows to be a real "Old man" by the time of "A New Hope".

cookies2006
Yeah i know. I wounder if Luke and Leia are in the entire movie.

GordonSkywalker
Probably not, due to the fact that Padme probably won't even give birth to them until midway through the film.

cookies2006
But the movie is supposed to be like 3 years later. I dont think Anikan could of waited that long to have sex. But then again hes forbidden to make love. Or is it just to love?

GordonSkywalker
What a question! Emotional attachments and physical pleasure are both forbidden by the jedi creed. They are considered to be corruptible influences in a young jedi's training.

Ushgarak
I don't think we know about physical pleasure, only that attachment is dangerous (because if you have an attachment you become afraid to lose it).

I would not be surprised if how he will be credited is not actually fully defined yet.

Member.
laughing out loudLOL, they sure are corruptiblelaughing out loud. they probably had sex for some time and just last time got pregnant.

Obi-Wan_fangirl
In episode 3 , it's going to say how he got the name Ben Knobi , but it did'nt say why he choose the name "Ben ", really . I can't wait to see the movie when comed out .

Stunrun
I dont know how Anakin found time to have sex, what with the Clone Wars and all.................completly off subject i know eek!

EDIT: Hold up! why would he have to wait 3 years to have sex? It doesnt take a fortnight for a baby to be born ya know eek!

jedijunky1138
I wonder if he takes the name Ben to hide his true identity.

Stunrun
From Vader and the Emperor ya mean? yep that has to be the reason. I heard a while back, that Anakin calls Obi-Wan "Ben" for a nickname, but he's not amused by it, because he finds out Obi's real name is "Ben" so he teases him for it. Forget where i found that 1 from, probably some crap from Super Shadow!

zutalurs
Obviously they aren't forbidden to explore physical pleasures. Obi is a drunk. Everytime he gets in a bar he has to have a drink. So, since drinking is a physical pleasure, and Obi is a straight lace Jedi, obviously it ain't against the code.

Ever wonder why he lost so easily to Vader in ANH? Cuz he was soused to the gills!

Stunrun
seems a good reason lol, but its most probably because he gives up his Jedi ways, and didnt use it as much when he faced Vader. I mean look at Dooku flying about in his 80's. Im sure if Ben used the force, and still meditated during those lonely 20 years, he could've been a good match for Vader.

cylob49
yeah he did
tho he still strolled around in his jedi cloak and kept the beard

NOT very discreet
IMAGINE THE SCENARIO

SECURITY BLOCKADE- a shifty looking man with a beard and jedi robes who looks like the well known and respected GENERAL KENOBI approaches

STORMTROOPER: LET ME SEE YOUR IDENTIFICATION!!!(sees the name BEN KENOBI)
You are under arrest OBI WAN KENOBI!!!!!!

OBI WAN: No your mistaken im BEN Kenobi

STORMTROOPER: Sorry......MY MISTAKE.....ok move along ,move along

AH BUT he wouldve used a jedi mind trick i hear you say
well in that case why change his name in the first place or is Kenobi the SW universes answer to the names SMITH,CHAN and PATEL?

Ushgarak
"tho he still strolled around in his jedi cloak"

Luckily, that's what they all wear on Tatooine... always an amusing bit of retro-continuity, that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.