DSENTRY vs DCNU JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tony Stark
DSENTRY

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/04/UNCAVEN2012010COV_col1-300x455.jpg

VS.

DCNU JLA

http:////www.kryptonian.com/uploads/6075c1f7a0283cdb8acb5e3beac28e67.jpg

No prep

zopzop
DCNu JLA. So far the most impressive thing DSentry did was pummel a Thor that was caught off balance.

iceman24567
Yeah the Jla win imo

dial J for Josh
Justice League wins for now. Deathtry does not have the feats to show that he can take out a team as powerful as the JL (who knows he probably can), give him time. Speaking of which, isn't there some rule where you aren't allowed to make a thread about a character unless they've had at least 8-10 showings or something? I thought I read that somewhere. This is the reason why I have not made my first thread yet.

Zack Fair
JLA.

Damborgson
He doesn't have enough showings yet.

comicfan11
JL

Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Zack Fair
Not enough to warrant him taking and beating a team like this.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Tony Stark
It was also stated on panel that DSENTRY terrible power and raw strength were of the most powerful being THOR had ever met. I believe that THOR has met quite a few beings of power and strength...

Nah, the narration was talking about Wolverine and that the Sentry is the most powerful being he ever met.
One issue later Rogue said that the Sentry is the most powerful being she ever met as well.

And with these two mutants fighting against few quite powerful omega-level mutants, where I would say that they could defeat the JLA, I don't see why Sentry should not be able to do it.

People talk about how Death Seed Sentry has not shown enough, but that is MADNESS. We already know that the Death Seed Sentry is the regular Sentry with an amp, which means that he is even more powerful.
We saw a regular Sentry beating the Molecule Man and realizing that everything he does is based on molecule manipulation. Now we recently saw Sentry displaying his molecule manipulation again by stopping Mjolnir and dropping it to the ground.
His molecule manipulation alone is enough to give the Justice League a tough battle.

On top of that ... put WW Hulk into the DC Universe and let him face the Justice League on an even speed ground (obviously PIS needs to be involved, like always when Hulk fights more versatile opponents), but do you see the Justice League stomping WW Hulk? I don't.
But I saw a weakened Sentry brawling it out with WW Hulk and having the upper hand.

I saw a less weakened Sentry fighting the Collective, who killed the Alpha Flight team, stomped the Avengers and even overloaded Ms. Marvel with power, which turned her into Binary (she is a planet buster then), yet she didn't stand a chance against Collective. Sentry then stalemated Collective for few issues and their passive energy output destroyed a moon in the process.

I also saw a Sentry, where no mental weakness was mentioned fighting against Photon (an empowered Genis-Vell, who was supposed to have reality warping powers and a threat to the entire universe and therefore he had to die later on) - and Sentry was destroying planets, while still holding back in the process.

Or a different instance, where Sentry was holding back, when Absorbing Man absorbed a fraction of his power and said that he never felt power like that before and asked Sentry if that's how it's when you're a god. Absorbing Man is a guy, who was in Asgard once, absorbed Odin's attacks just fine and absorbed Thor and Hulk more than once, but he totally got annihilated by the Sentry, when Sentry holding back.

Or a different instance, where Sentry totally annihilated Terrax, who went toe on toe with Silver Surfer and Morg and was doing just fine. Of course, he was less powerful, but he was formidable, like je always is, when he is not jobbing to characters, who should have never beaten him in the first place - yet Terrax didn't stand a chance against Sentry.

Or Sentry totally stomping Savage Hulk, who most likely has better feats than most of the Pre Justice League members, when it comes ot strength and durability, since we saw him punching through rays, which were capable of sending the Earth out of its orbit, or suviving attacks from Galactus.

Or Sentry rushing through Doctor Doom's shields multiple times and leaving Doctor Doom staggered, someone whose force fields and armor protected him from the Watcher, Galactus and even Thanos with the Infinity.

That's all Sentry.
Unfortunately the Sentry is the biggest jobber in the history of comic books, because he was too powerful for most of the opponents his teams faced, so to make the comics more "interesting" the writers came up with BS.

But in a battle forum fight there is no PIS, so Sentry won't job. And in this one we have the Death Seed Sentry facing a bunch of Justice Leaguers, where Superman is said to be the most powerful, yet his strikes are reduced to mountain level as it should be known by now, due to the many mentioned times.
And Death Seed Sentry basically one-shotted Thor, while holding back the entire time in order not to kill him, because he will need him in the future for his plans against the Apocalypse Twins.

PS:

In case you're wondering why I said that it was a weakened Sentry, who fought WW Hulk and the Collective - and also why I said that it was the Sentry, who defeated the Molecule Man and not the Void, then check out this thread:
http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/sentry-faq-just-how-powerful-is-the-sentry-1479836/#1

In case you're curious about Sentry's other feats, check out this revamped respect thread I did for the character.
I wanted to create one for Killermovies as well, but the 10.000 letters rule per post really bummed me out :-7
http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/revamped-sentry-respect-thread-1491606/#4

abhilegend
laughing out loud

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Enzeru
In case you're curious about Sentry's other feats, check out this revamped respect thread I did for the character.
I wanted to create one for Killermovies as well, but the 10.000 letters rule per post really bummed me out :-7
http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/revamped-sentry-respect-thread-1491606/#4
Instead of just 2 or 3 gargantuan posts, you can put your stuff in multiple posts. That's how respect threads(especially revamped ones) are done on KMC: across dozens of posts.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Enzeru
Nah, the narration was talking about Wolverine and that the Sentry is the most powerful being he ever met.
One issue later Rogue said that the Sentry is the most powerful being she ever met as well.

And with these two mutants fighting against few quite powerful omega-level mutants, where I would say that they could defeat the JLA, I don't see why Sentry should not be able to do it.

People talk about how Death Seed Sentry has not shown enough, but that is MADNESS. We already know that the Death Seed Sentry is the regular Sentry with an amp, which means that he is even more powerful.
We saw a regular Sentry beating the Molecule Man and realizing that everything he does is based on molecule manipulation. Now we recently saw Sentry displaying his molecule manipulation again by stopping Mjolnir and dropping it to the ground.
His molecule manipulation alone is enough to give the Justice League a tough battle.

On top of that ... put WW Hulk into the DC Universe and let him face the Justice League on an even speed ground (obviously PIS needs to be involved, like always when Hulk fights more versatile opponents), but do you see the Justice League stomping WW Hulk? I don't.
But I saw a weakened Sentry brawling it out with WW Hulk and having the upper hand.

I saw a less weakened Sentry fighting the Collective, who killed the Alpha Flight team, stomped the Avengers and even overloaded Ms. Marvel with power, which turned her into Binary (she is a planet buster then), yet she didn't stand a chance against Collective. Sentry then stalemated Collective for few issues and their passive energy output destroyed a moon in the process.

I also saw a Sentry, where no mental weakness was mentioned fighting against Photon (an empowered Genis-Vell, who was supposed to have reality warping powers and a threat to the entire universe and therefore he had to die later on) - and Sentry was destroying planets, while still holding back in the process.

Or a different instance, where Sentry was holding back, when Absorbing Man absorbed a fraction of his power and said that he never felt power like that before and asked Sentry if that's how it's when you're a god. Absorbing Man is a guy, who was in Asgard once, absorbed Odin's attacks just fine and absorbed Thor and Hulk more than once, but he totally got annihilated by the Sentry, when Sentry holding back.

Or a different instance, where Sentry totally annihilated Terrax, who went toe on toe with Silver Surfer and Morg and was doing just fine. Of course, he was less powerful, but he was formidable, like je always is, when he is not jobbing to characters, who should have never beaten him in the first place - yet Terrax didn't stand a chance against Sentry.

Or Sentry totally stomping Savage Hulk, who most likely has better feats than most of the Pre Justice League members, when it comes ot strength and durability, since we saw him punching through rays, which were capable of sending the Earth out of its orbit, or suviving attacks from Galactus.

Or Sentry rushing through Doctor Doom's shields multiple times and leaving Doctor Doom staggered, someone whose force fields and armor protected him from the Watcher, Galactus and even Thanos with the Infinity.

That's all Sentry.
Unfortunately the Sentry is the biggest jobber in the history of comic books, because he was too powerful for most of the opponents his teams faced, so to make the comics more "interesting" the writers came up with BS.

But in a battle forum fight there is no PIS, so Sentry won't job. And in this one we have the Death Seed Sentry facing a bunch of Justice Leaguers, where Superman is said to be the most powerful, yet his strikes are reduced to mountain level as it should be known by now, due to the many mentioned times.
And Death Seed Sentry basically one-shotted Thor, while holding back the entire time in order not to kill him, because he will need him in the future for his plans against the Apocalypse Twins.

PS:

In case you're wondering why I said that it was a weakened Sentry, who fought WW Hulk and the Collective - and also why I said that it was the Sentry, who defeated the Molecule Man and not the Void, then check out this thread:
http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/4005-1454/forums/sentry-faq-just-how-powerful-is-the-sentry-1479836/#1

thumb up Spot on

Golgo13
Superman does it alone.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Golgo13
Superman does it alone.

sick

the Darkone
DCNU JLA

dial J for Josh
Enzeru nice to meet you. Before joining this thread I remember reading alot of your posts. Sentrys my fav character as well. I can see that you are passionate about him due to your essay like posts lol. how do you feel about his return? And what do you expect of him?

Eternal Idol
"DSENTRY"

Well, I always did think the Sentry was a shitty character.

ares834
that's not the DCnU's JLA but whatever. JL wins this.

ODG
Superman does it alone. http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/charlie-murphy.gif

Tony Stark
Originally posted by ODG
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/charlie-murphy.gif

wink

Mshinu
DSENTRY by speed blitz n` face beem spamz.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG

You know it's true.

Enzeru
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Enzeru nice to meet you. Before joining this thread I remember reading alot of your posts. Sentrys my fav character as well. I can see that you are passionate about him due to your essay like posts lol. how do you feel about his return? And what do you expect of him?

Nice to meet you as well.

How do I feel about his return?
Well, I waited over 3 years every day for his return, so I'm excited of course :-) There was a point, when I stopped caring about how they would bring him back and for what purpose - I just wanted to see that character back in action and now here he is ... as a horseman of Apocalypse :-7 But ...

First off, I'm happy that it's Rick Remender, who brought him back. His creator Paul Jenkins would have been my number one pick, but Rick Remender strikes me as someone, who can do the Sentry justice, so I'm fine with him as well and secondly ...

What am I expecting from him?
I was confused, when Marvel announced that Sentry will return as a horseman of Apocalypse, because I thought that the Sentry is too powerful for something like that. I thought that he can't be properly controlled by Apocalypse and I also thought that someone like Apocalypse couldn't bring the Sentry back, because Sentry controls his own death.

That's something that still confuses me ... but now with the Void being gone and Sentry's dialogue throwing out interesting hints, I'm fine with it and expect the Sentry to do interesting things in Uncanny Avengers.
For now it looks like he doesn't play along with the Apocalypse twins and that's totally how it should be: They ordered him to kill Thor, but Sentry didn't. He left Thor alive and told him that he will need him in the future. Sentry said that he is the caretaker of humanity and that he left Thor alive, because it's better for humanity.
The Apocalypse twins on the other hand don't care about the humanity. They just want to save the mutants and they're willing to kill humans ... So it looks like Sentry might end up being the good guy in the story, who saves everyone.

The danger is if Remender decides to go the other way around and lets the Death Seed control Sentry's action later on and makes him way too dangerous to be around again.
But I also heard that Rick Remender was interesting in doing a Sentry mini (4 issues), but for now the editors are not into that idea, which is a pity.

There you have one more essay!

carver9
Originally posted by ODG

laughing out loud

Tony Stark
You know it's true.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight wink

Golgo13
Aquaman would solo too.

Tony Stark
Aquaman would solo too.

rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.