CIS off Battle: Strength vs Versatility

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Team Strength...

Pre reboot versions...

Superman
Orion
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman

vs

Silver Surfer
Thor
Bill
Stardust

pym-ftw
This will get ugly.

Odekahn
Originally posted by carver9
Team Strength...

Pre reboot versions...

Superman
Orion
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman

vs

Silver Surfer
Thor
Bill
Stardust

I would say that both teams are extremely versatile and extremely strong. I don't see a gigantic difference in the two. Certainly not enough for them to be labeled as such.

With that said I'm going to have to go with a split here.

Silent Master
Shouldn't team strength be guys like the Hulk?

Zack Fair
Thats what I was thinking, but I suppose Carver was trying to avoid Le Hulkster.

zopzop
Team Two all day every day.

Not only are they more versatile, they are easily in the same category strength-wise as Team One!

Zack Fair
Thor has the strength to be in team 1 lol.

Uriel005
I think these teams are very confused and the whole thing is mislabeled... Marvel vs DC

Furthermore Orion's motherbox alone probably has more consistent versatility use in it than Bill and Thor..

Zack Fair
thumb up

DarkSaint85
Lol the reason why Hulk isn't in team strength is because carver knows versatility will trump him.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol the reason why Hulk isn't in team strength is because carver knows versatility will trump him.

This isn't the reason. I didn't put him, Doomsday, Kurse, etc is...I think everyone here is similar in some ways.

Warlord
orion solos.

Zack Fair
Problem is most of the guys in team 1 have more than just strength. They have super speed, flight and other abilities that give them versatility. Maybe not as much as team 2 but enough to not be faithful to the title.

My 2 cents.

JBL
Originally posted by zopzop
Team Two all day every day.

Not only are they more versatile, they are easily in the same category strength-wise as Team One! You got that right. Team 2 would destroy team 1.

DarkSaint85
Plus, Wonder Woman has that hax one shot lasso.....CIS off Billy SHOULD be a tactical genius, motherbox etc etc

It'll be a good match. Kudos to the OP. Split.

dial J for Josh
Team two wrecks them.

Zack Fair
lol team 2 ain't wrecking shit

Damborgson
Hulk isn't on here because he'd get hit with winds of a thousand worlds hee hee.

Oh and team 2

Rage.Of.Olympus
Close fight but Team 2 edges it out. Mostly because Thor/Surfer together would beat any combination of Team 1 (Thor/Surfer/Superman are the best of the Herald tier I think) and everyone on Team 2 is more powerful than Diana imo. With their superior firepower and versatility (Two Power Cosmic Wielders and Mjolnir/Stormbreaker is OP brah) they take it.

Zack Fair
I can agree with Rage thumb up

celeyhyga17
Agree with 3 best heralds.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Close fight but Team 2 edges it out. Mostly because Thor/Surfer together would beat any combination of Team 1 (Thor/Surfer/Superman are the best of the Herald tier I think) and everyone on Team 2 is more powerful than Diana imo. With their superior firepower and versatility (Two Power Cosmic Wielders and Mjolnir/Stormbreaker is OP brah) they take it. Or Captain Marvel solos after ripping Thor, and Beta's arms off and dual wielding hammers.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by carver9
Team Strength...

Pre reboot versions...

Superman
Orion
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman

vs

Silver Surfer
Thor
Bill
Stardust
Is Team 1 restricted to brute force only? If so I think that you kinda screwed the pooch one my friend. All four of them are pretty damn versatile. A better line up would've been: Juggernaut, Hulk, Doomsday, Lobo.

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Or Captain Marvel solos after ripping Thor, and Beta's arms off and dual wielding hammers. That raises an important question. Would Odin's enchantment still apply if Bill or Thor's arms were severed while tightly holding onto their hammers?

janus77
Team Surfer ftw.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Brockalizer
That raises an important question. Would Odin's enchantment still apply if Bill or Thor's arms were severed while tightly holding onto their hammers? Yes. He also gains a lot of reach

abhilegend
Split most likely but leaning towards team 1.

quanchi112
Team Thor wins.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Zack Fair
lol team 2 ain't wrecking shit

Lol yeah I know they won't wreck them, that was just my ignorant bias speaking. But they do have the tools to edge it out.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by abhilegend
Split most likely but leaning towards team 1.

Abhi I am very interested in hearing your reasoning for leaning towards team 1.

JBL
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Abhi I am very interested in hearing your reasoning for leaning towards team 1. Because someone on team one has an S on his chest like abhils blow up doll. lol. Just having some fun. big grin

abhilegend
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Abhi I am very interested in hearing your reasoning for leaning towards team 1.
More consistent and powerful beings on team 1. CIS off doesn't mean you turn this into powerset battle. Stardust is the weak link here.Originally posted by JBL
Because someone on team one has an S on his chest like abhils blow up doll. lol. Just having some fun. big grin
Your obsession is bordering on being unhealthy.

LordofBrooklyn
A split but favor team 2.

Mshinu
Team 2 manages a majority I think.

Bentley
With CIS off Captain Marvel is the weak link, so team 2 edges out by a bit.

Warlord
Originally posted by Bentley
With CIS off Captain Marvel is the weak link, so team 2 edges out by a bit.

why is that?

Igniz
Team 1 is screwed!No one in their team is a Mexican or even has a sledgehammer to even it up for their team.Team 2 wins roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mshinu
Originally posted by Igniz
Team 1 is screwed!No one in their team is a Mexican or even has a sledgehammer to even it up for their team.Team 2 wins roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mexicans are trans+ level and would unbalance the thread to borderline spite IMHO.

Is there an Asgard vs Mexico thread yet?

Igniz
Originally posted by Mshinu
Mexicans are trans+ level and would unbalance the thread to borderline spite IMHO.

Is there an Asgard vs Mexico thread yet?

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Mshinu
Originally posted by Igniz
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Yea I guess Asgard vs Mexico is not quite fair...
The gods would need help from all of Olympus, Apokolis and New Genesis to stand a chanse.

Bouboumaster
Close fight but Team 2 edges it out. Mostly because Thor/Surfer together would beat any combination of Team 1 (Thor/Surfer/Superman are the best of the Herald tier I think) and everyone on Team 2 is more powerful than Diana imo. With their superior firepower and versatility (Two Power Cosmic Wielders and Mjolnir/Stormbreaker is OP brah) they take it.

This man spoke the truth.

ScreamPaste
I'd have called a possible split if not for the CIS off stip. With that Team 2 benefits much more than team 1, imho, shifting what would have been a close fight into giving team 2 a majority, it's certainly not a stomp, but I think they win. mmm

BullwinkleMoose
Team 1:

Team 1 should have superior Team Work

Team 1 has definite Speed Advantage

SuperMan and Marvel may even be able to use the Hammers if they can get their hands on them

Silent Master
Neither Superman or Marvel would be worthy.

DarkSaint85
Wonder Woman would evil face

Silent Master
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wonder Woman would evil face

Of the listed DC characters, I actually agree that WW is likely the only one with a chance of lifting Mjolnir.

Mindship

Odekahn
Originally posted by Silent Master
Neither Superman or Marvel would be worthy.

Superman wielded it in JLA/Avengers

Uriel005
Originally posted by Silent Master
Neither Superman or Marvel would be worthy. False superman has already wielded DC's Mjolnir stick out tongue no enchantment of course but he was considered worthy to take over for thor in the 1000 year ragnarok.

carver9
Originally posted by Odekahn

Context my friend, context.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot20_zps76867f8d.jpg.html

Please read Uriel.

Brockalizer
Superman wielded it in JLA/Avengers He didn't pick it up. It was thrown, Superman caught it in mid flight and added extra momentum. Besides it's non canon so it doesn't count.

Silent Master

He was allowed to lift it, he was later shown as unworthy.

Originally posted by Uriel005
False superman has already wielded DC's Mjolnir stick out tongue no enchantment of course but he was considered worthy to take over for thor in the 1000 year ragnarok.

Good for him, he still isn't worthy of lifting Marvel's version of Mjolnir.

Zack Fair
LOL@Superman and Marvel able to use the hammers.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Zack Fair
LOL@Superman and Marvel able to use the hammers.

I would argue that given his recent depictions and his attachment to Achilles that Marvel could lift Mjolnir.

Zack Fair
Yeah but its all just speculation anyway.

leonidas
team 2 takes it but it's close.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.