Hyperion Durabilty Test! My first thread, please participate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dial J for Josh
Hello all, I have been enjoying my time on kmc and am learning a lot from you guys. Just want to start by saying thank you for kindness and I am looking forward to engaging in conversation in which we can all benefit from.

With that out of the way I was waiting for the right moment to create this thread, but then grew anxious so decided to proceed. I have always loved the character design as well as the concept of the Hyperion character, but I felt that as a character he really fell short in the hands of certain writers. What also disappointed me was the way he started to get over saturated with his numerous counterparts in multiple different universes, imo doing this to the character started to make him lose substance. This is why I am very excited that Jonathan Hickman picked up the character, and has completely revamped him. Many may say "Great another Hyperion" but Hickman has given this new Hyperion a clean slate with none of the history of his predecessors, which opens the door for many opportunities (it would be very exciting to see him duke it out with the sentry and the blue marvel for the first time since both characters are back, but I digress.) Without further a due I present to you the Hyperion Durabilty test.

Being relatively new to comics Hyperion's astonishing feat of preventing two universes from collapsing by holding them in a neutral state, as well as surviving the destruction of two universes from point blank range unscratched is the greatest strength/durability feat that I have personally seen. Since Hyperion can survive a catastrophic event such as this let's see how he fairs against the following attacks! Hyperion must stand still and take each attack as it is coming at him. Hyperion also gets to brace himself for each attack by tightening up his muscles.

* Your job is to say whether these attacks:
- Does not phase Hyperion at all.
- Seriously rocks Hyperion, but is still conscience.
- Knocks Hyperion clean out.
- Kills Hyperion.

* There are 10 test, so to make matters easier make a list from 1-10 then state your answer.

The Sentry: Bob gives Hyperion the exact same dive-bomb attack from space
that he gave the Blue Marvel which knocked him out.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1188/albm05011.jpg
http://a.imageshack.us/img16/5131/albm05012.jpg

Thor & Beta Ray Bill: Thor is on the right side of Hyperion's head and Beta Ray
Bill is on the left. They both lift their hammers and as
hard as they possibly can they both strike his skull
simultaneously, sandwiching his skull from each side.

Thor: Thor harnesses all of his energy and delivers to Hyperion his most
powerful God-blast.

Terrax: Terrax lifts his cosmic axe and swings a planet slicing slash at Hyperion.

Ultron: 100 of Ultrons sentries line up in a uniform circle 100 yards in the air
they amp themselves up to reign down their most powerful Encephelo
beams to Hyperion and hold their fire for one full minute.

Zom Strange: Remember the devastating blows that Zom Strange hit World
War Hulk with? Simply replace WWH with Hyperion.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsDrStrange22.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsDrStrange23.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsDrStrange24.jpg

World-Breaker Hulk: Replace Sentry from the first dive-bomb attack with
WBH. Hulk has gained so much velocity from this
dive-bomb attack that as he comes down from the
atmosphere his body catches on fire as he lands into
Hyperion. This is done on an indestructible planet to
ensure that the collision is clean.

Blackbolt: On an indestructible planet which core is made out of a adamantium/
Vibranium hybrid to endure stability, Blackbolt grabs Hyperion by
both of his shoulders and squeezes them as hard as he can. Then he
does not whisper but screams as loud as he can to the top of his
lungs for 15 seconds straight, in his face.

Galactus: When Galactus was fighting four giant celestials he grabbed one of
them by the head and used his Power Cosmic to knock him out.
Replace that celestials head with Hyperion's body.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105933/2214305-ff_07.jpg

The Builders: This is the finale. From the first issue of Infinity the brave knights of the planet Galador put forth a great effort in defending their home world. But out of no where the builders spawn a purification cannon which instantaneously obliterates a world. Place Hyperion alongside the Space Knights and innocent civilians as the planet gets destroyed in poetic fashion.

~End Test.

I am looking forward to seeing all of your answers. now GO!!!!

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/aven2012004_dc11_lr_0001.jpg

maxivitopowe
Cool first thread Josh
Gonna wait for more experienced comments afore I make my decision

SamZED
Good one. And IMO Hype dies at the God blast.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Cool first thread Josh
Gonna wait for more experienced comments afore I make my decision

Originally posted by SamZED
Good one. And IMO Hype dies at the God blast.

Thanks alot guys! I really hope people participate.

zopzop
Hyperion gets absolutely ANNIHILATED in all scenarios.

People talk about the two universe thing then seem to forget that Crapbrand caused Hyperion to scream and collapse like a little girl. Thor took that same attack and didn't fall or cry out in pain.

dial J for Josh
Just to clear things up this is not a gauntlet style durability test hyperion is fully healed in between each attack.

Originally posted by zopzop
Hyperion gets absolutely ANNIHILATED in all scenarios.

People talk about the two universe thing then seem to forget that Crapbrand caused Hyperion to scream and collapse like a little girl. Thor took that same attack and didn't fall or cry out in pain.

Um. Every high herald would shrug or scream when getting hit by a powerful attack especially by a starbrand. I'm pretty sure that surfer has never screamed when getting hit right? And it is not like Hyperion got knocked out he was blasted away. And again you say Thor didn't cry in pain? What is your point, Thor has been put in agony by less powerful beings. So please don't try to skew one panel of a character getting hit to make him look bad.

zopzop
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Just to clear things up this is not a gauntlet style durability test hyperion is fully healed in between each attack.

Um. Every high herald would shrug or scream when getting hit by a powerful attack especially by a starbrand. I'm pretty sure that surfer has never screamed when getting hit right? And it is not like Hyperion got knocked out he was blasted away. And again you say Thor didn't cry in pain? What is your point, Thor has been put in agony by less powerful beings. So please don't try to skew one panel of a character getting hit to make him look bad.
It's not just that one instance. Didn't Hulk draw blood from Hyperion when they scuffled?

Hyperion dies painfully in all scenarios mentioned, don't kid yourself.

dial J for Josh
It's not just that one instance. Didn't Hulk draw blood from Hyperion when they scuffled?

Now your just nitpicking on when Hyperion got caught completely off guard even smasher screamed Hyperion watch out! When Hulk hit him, because he was not aware that abyss was mind controlling him. And you said that he dies painfully in every scenario. So you are telling me that the Blue Marvel is way more durable then Hyperion right?

dial J for Josh

Also I forgot to add that Hulk got a couple good hits on Hyperion during their scuffle. Then Thor struck ex-nihilo and abyss with his lightning which caused abyss's compulsion to break. Hyperion ceased the opportunity and hit hulk in the face (look at my avatar). Hulk reverted back to banner I'm guessing so he wouldn't cause further hinderance to his team. But the key part is that after taking heavy hits from hulk Hyperion smiled and asked banner if he was ok, as if nothing happened. So there you go with your misconception again.

dial J for Josh
I see a lot of people have viewed this thread but no answers. Don't be shy guys lol. Carver I know you like hyperion, where you at buddy?

Bouboumaster
He survives everything but the Godblast, and the last two.

Warlord
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
He survives everything but the Godblast, and the last two. this

Rage.Of.Olympus
God Blast? Hyperion stops at this:

dial J for Josh
I appreciate you guys responding to my thread, but no one is following the criteria. I was looking for detailed answers for each test and wanted to know the following specifically for each test.

- Does not phase Hyperion at all.
- Seriously rocks Hyperion, but is still conscience.
- Knocks Hyperion clean out.
- Kills Hyperion.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
God Blast? Hyperion stops at this:

Also rage this is not a gauntlet style test, these test are to be judged individually and he is fully restored for each one.

carver9
If we are using Hype at his highest, none of this even tickles him.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by carver9
If we are using Hype at his highest, none of this even tickles him. Yet you'll turn around and use Hulk drawing blood from him in the next thread.

In conclusion, shut up.

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Yet you'll turn around and use Hulk drawing blood from him in the next thread.

In conclusion, shut up.

Hulk fist is just that strong. mad

Branlor Swift
Hulk's fist will never be more powerful than Galactus killing a Celestial.

Ever. Or even close.

dial J for Josh
If we are using Hype at his highest, none of this even tickles him.

Wow this is really interesting lol, I am looking forward to seeing more showings from him to see if they keep him as uber as he was when he started.

carver9
Hulk's fist will never be more powerful than Galactus killing a Celestial.

Ever. Or even close.

Indestructible Hulk #20 will answer this question for us. wink

Branlor Swift
Indestructible Hulk #20 will answer this question for us. wink is that even announced?

But still, never

Mshinu
Hype > 2 universes, he clears this with a light bruise.

(The bruise is from SENTRY)

Branlor Swift
I hate you

Mshinu
I hate you

That`s so very sweet, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.