Favorite Soccer Players?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Toby831
What is your Soccer Football Players?

My favorite soccer players are Iker Casillas and Neymar.

wilco
I would have to say Craig Johnson because he was one of the first Australian football players to migrate to the English League and become successful. Which in turn, helped many later Australian football players make a good living and successful career.

I played soccer when I was young, but Rubgy League is my passion. There is a saying in Australia in the 1980's - "soccer"- "wogball". Anyone who finds that hurtful, I apologize....I myself look like a - in inverted quotes "wog".

continlawyer1
My favorite player is David Beckham. I like his techniques very much.

killerqueen83
I have a great number of the favorite players maybe in every European league. But most of all I like Alessandro Del Piero and Javier Saviola.

Lauren2
Mine are Suarez , Pirlo and Ronaldo.

The Renegade
C. Ronaldo.

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Renegade
C. Ronaldo.

Eww.

The Renegade
He's way too technically gifted to be ignored, to the point where he's been the number two on Earth for more than a few years. He's strengthened his abilities, gotten over his habitual diving, and is extremely well rounded. Also, his skill on the ball is world class.

He's definitely my favorite player.

-Pr-
He's way too technically gifted to be ignored, to the point where he's been the number two on Earth for more than a few years. He's strengthened his abilities, gotten over his habitual diving, and is extremely well rounded. Also, his skill on the ball is world class.

He's definitely my favorite player.

I'm a United fan with bitter memories of how much of a **** he could be when he was at Old Trafford.

I'm not saying he hasn't improved game-wise, I just still find him genuinely unlikeable for the most part.

The Renegade
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm a United fan with bitter memories of how much of a **** he could be when he was at Old Trafford.

I'm not saying he hasn't improved game-wise, I just still find him genuinely unlikeable for the most part.

Nah, not me. I know he has shitty qualities but I don't care. He's not my favorite player because he could be arrogant or dickish. He's my favorite because he's exceptionally talented and always has been entertaining to watch.

As a United fan, you shouldn't be so horribly bitter. He was a great player when he was at Man Utd as well.

-Pr-
Nah, not me. I know he has shitty qualities but I don't care. He's not my favorite player because he could be arrogant or dickish. He's my favorite because he's exceptionally talented and always has been entertaining to watch.

As a United fan, you shouldn't be so horribly bitter. He was a great player when he was at Man Utd as well.

I'm not saying he didn't have his moments. He did. Plenty of times, he was great, and showed real promise. I even sided with him during the whole Nistelrooy debable.

There's just so many instances of the opposite, where he wasn't interested, or fell flat in the big games.

You want to look great against Sunderland? Fantastic. Just don't pout during a Champions League match when his brilliance is actually needed.

I don't think he's shit. I was just teasing you.

Oh, and check the guild bank when you can. stick out tongue

The Renegade
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm not saying he didn't have his moments. He did. Plenty of times, he was great, and showed real promise. I even sided with him during the whole Nistelrooy debable.

There's just so many instances of the opposite, where he wasn't interested, or fell flat in the big games.

You want to look great against Sunderland? Fantastic. Just don't pout during a Champions League match when his brilliance is actually needed.

I don't think he's shit. I was just teasing you.

Oh, and check the guild bank when you can. stick out tongue

I don't think it was a lack of interest. It came off as laziness. However, I don't think he was more inconsistent than he was consistent.

Check the bank for what, you scrub? Haha.

forestlaw
Gigi Buffon, Paulo Maldini, Luis Nazario De Lima Ronaldo, Alessandro Del Piero !
Well thats not all but im too lazy to write all te awesome football players.

-Pr-
I don't think it was a lack of interest. It came off as laziness. However, I don't think he was more inconsistent than he was consistent.

Check the bank for what, you scrub? Haha.

I think it was both, tbh. He had periods of both, imo.

For the shit I deposited!

Originally posted by forestlaw
Gigi Buffon, Paulo Maldini, Luis Nazario De Lima Ronaldo, Alessandro Del Piero !
Well thats not all but im too lazy to write all te awesome football players.

Del Piero was something special.

Omega Vision
Bastian Schweinsteiger.
Jose Altidore (I think he could really distinguish himself this world cup and become a world class player)
Landon Donovan

TheHulk
Currently Luis Suarez, man's becoming a beast.

All time is Zidane.

swarner11
I like Messi very much

Sj_Sharp
Samuel Eto'o.
Best african player of all times, second only to Eusebio if we consider the latter as african.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Bastian Schweinsteiger.
Jose Altidore (I think he could really distinguish himself this world cup and become a world class player)
Landon Donovan

Stick to comics and movies my friend..... Jose sucks and always will suck. Plain and simple.

I love Capitan Schweinsteiger.. Though I would side with Lahm... Reus and even Muller on his own national team

Anybody that says Ronaldo.. I hope to God is talking about Ronaldo De Lima... The only true Ronaldo.. If you like the other... you have female tendencies.

My favorites would be Messi.. Yaya... Reus... Kun... Costa etc etc.

jinXed by JaNx
That kid from that kung-fu movie or pele, definitely pele

TheHulk
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
That kid from that kung-fu movie or pele, definitely pele Put him in this generation and he won't even be able to tie Messi's shoelace.

Tammi
I really love watching Messi play.........he is my all time favourite..

Nusa105
My favourites are Griezmann, Torres, Benzema, Kroos, James Rodriguez, Ribery and Lewandowski(Current)

The Players that are i used to like before are Cesc Fabregas, Van Persie, Zidane and Thierry Henry.

Nusa105
Originally posted by Nusa105
My favourites are Griezmann, Torres, Benzema, Kroos, James Rodriguez, Ribery and Lewandowski(Current)

The Players that are i used to like before are Cesc Fabregas, Van Persie, Zidane and Thierry Henry.
And also, i liked Griezmann Very Much because he's pretty equal to Ronaldo and Messi. Heck, Chelsea and Manchester United were rivaling for the contract for him. But i wish he still in Atletico Madrid or transfer into Bayern Munchen or Arsenal.

Nusa105
Originally posted by Tammi
I really love watching Messi play.........he is my all time favourite..
Meh, he's stink now. Ronaldo and Griezmann are the Best now!

walshy
i wouldn't say messi is stink, but he's not as on fire as he has been, maybe he's just having a quiet spell. i always preferred him over ronaldo myself tbh.

my fave alllll time player tho has to be earnie/robert earnshaw

http://i1.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article8956478.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/1Earnie-Stoke.jpg

cardiff legend

Omega Vision
Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Fabian Johnson, Christian Pulisic, Clint Dempsey, Arturo Vidal, Jordan Morris are some of my faves.

Slay
Bastian Schweinsteiger.
Landon Donovan
Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Fabian Johnson, Christian Pulisic, Clint Dempsey, Arturo Vidal, Jordan Morris are some of my faves.

Any reason that you like them for besides them being American?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Slay
Any reason that you like them for besides them being American?
They're the best or most exciting American players, do I need another reason?

Slay
They're the best or most exciting American players, do I need another reason?
I mean fair enough and that, if you want to like American players it ain't nothing but a thang, baby. But I think you're giving some of them too much credit. Jozy Altidore has never looked like he would ever distinguish himself as a World class player. He had one decent and one good season in the Dutch league. Even then you could tell he was a decent striker but nothing more, definitely not the next Ronaldo or Suarez. Besides that he's never fulfilled expectations anywhere.

Omega Vision
I mean fair enough and that, if you want to like American players it ain't nothing but a thang, baby. But I think you're giving some of them too much credit. Jozy Altidore has never looked like he would ever distinguish himself as a World class player. He had one decent and one good season in the Dutch league. Even then you could tell he was a decent striker but nothing more, definitely not the next Ronaldo or Suarez. Besides that he's never fulfilled expectations anywhere.
Lol I wrote the Jozy Altidore comment BEFORE he injured his hamstring against Ghana. A lot has changed since then. His career is a sad one, he did have potential but the guy just keeps on getting injured. I think he's injured his hamstring two or three times since the last WC.

Bobby Wood is a much better Yank striker than Altidore, I think that guy is the future of our center forward corps. He's likely to be sold to Hamburg SV in the Bundesliga for $3.5 million, when he was purchased by the 2.Bundesliga Union Berlin for--I think--$500,000 just a year ago.

To stress how much has changed for American soccer since I wrote that comment: John Brooks was a nobody before the WC, and now he's one of the most sought after centerbacks in the Bundesliga, with reported interest from Bayern-Munich before he extended his contract with Hertha Berlin.

As for "the next Suarez" or "next Ronaldo" I don't think it's a realistic goal to have a player of that caliber just yet. We're not developed enough as a footballing nation, we don't have the grassroots competition that allows countries like Uruguay and Portugal to develop those players. It's getting much better though. Our best prospect right now, Christian Pulisic, might one day be the level of someone like Marco Reus or Yaya Toure, top class but not world class. That said, I have a feeling that America's first truly top of the world player has already been born, and will come of age in time for a World Cup in the 2030s.

Slay
Lol I wrote the Jozy Altidore comment BEFORE he injured his hamstring against Ghana. A lot has changed since then. His career is a sad one, he did have potential but the guy just keeps on getting injured. I think he's injured his hamstring two or three times since the last WC.

Bobby Wood is a much better Yank striker than Altidore, I think that guy is the future of our center forward corps. He's likely to be sold to Hamburg SV in the Bundesliga for $3.5 million, when he was purchased by the 2.Bundesliga Union Berlin for--I think--$500,000 just a year ago.

To stress how much has changed for American soccer since I wrote that comment: John Brooks was a nobody before the WC, and now he's one of the most sought after centerbacks in the Bundesliga, with reported interest from Bayern-Munich before he extended his contract with Hertha Berlin.

As for "the next Suarez" or "next Ronaldo" I don't think it's a realistic goal to have a player of that caliber just yet. We're not developed enough as a footballing nation, we don't have the grassroots competition that allows countries like Uruguay and Portugal to develop those players. It's getting much better though. Our best prospect right now, Christian Pulisic, might one day be the level of someone like Marco Reus or Yaya Toure, top class but not world class. That said, I have a feeling that America's first truly top of the world player has already been born, and will come of age in time for a World Cup in the 2030s.
Even if he hadn't gotten injured, I've seen Altidore for two seasons in the Eredivisie. Nothing about him at that time said ''possible future World class'' player. More like decent striker for a BPL-side battling relegation or top team in the Championship. I made the comments about Suarez or Ronaldo because they both played in the Eredivisie and it was obvious at the time they would one day become World class players.

I don't follow the Bundesliga enough to know much about those players, but whenever I hear Americans hyping some of their young players it just reminds me of failures like Adu or Donovan (I know he's very popular in the US, but he failed in Europe. In fact, I don't get why players like Bradley or Dempsey who've done decently in Europe don't get his hype in the US).

Omega Vision
Even if he hadn't gotten injured, I've seen Altidore for two seasons in the Eredivisie. Nothing about him at that time said ''possible future World class'' player. More like decent striker for a BPL-side battling relegation or top team in the Championship. I made the comments about Suarez or Ronaldo because they both played in the Eredivisie and it was obvious at the time they would one day become World class players.

I don't follow the Bundesliga enough to know much about those players, but whenever I hear Americans hyping some of their young players it just reminds me of failures like Adu or Donovan (I know he's very popular in the US, but he failed in Europe. In fact, I don't get why players like Bradley or Dempsey who've done decently in Europe don't get his hype in the US).
Donovan failed in Europe not because of lack of talent but because he was homesick and didn't really apply himself there. He was a natural talent but didn't have the ambition to be world class.

Also, I think I should point out that the thread is "favorite" players, not "best" players, so I don't see any problem with picking players who aren't necessarily the best in the world if they're the players who I follow.

Slay
Donovan failed in Europe not because of lack of talent but because he was homesick and didn't really apply himself there. He was a natural talent but didn't have the ambition to be world class.

Also, I think I should point out that the thread is "favorite" players, not "best" players, so I don't see any problem with picking players who aren't necessarily the best in the world if they're the players who I follow.
I'm sure that's his excuse. I think attitude and mentality are part of what makes a player so if he's lacking in that department... Look at CR7, people question his mentality all the time because he likes flashy clothes and supermodels, but at the same time he's modeled his entire life around being the best possible player he can be.

I never said there was a problem, I just wondered what your reason behind it was. Can't a man ask any questions without people immediately drawing the lines of their safe-zones anymore?

Omega Vision
I'm sure that's his excuse. I think attitude and mentality are part of what makes a player so if he's lacking in that department... Look at CR7, people question his mentality all the time because he likes flashy clothes and supermodels, but at the same time he's modeled his entire life around being the best possible player he can be.

I never said there was a problem, I just wondered what your reason behind it was. Can't a man ask any questions without people immediately drawing the lines of their safe-zones anymore?
Lol I wasn't offended by your question or anything.

Omega Vision
Add Claudio Pizzaro to my list. Amazing that he got 15 goals in a season at 37 years old.

It's xyz!
Favourite players?

James Coppinger.

Omega Vision
I wish James Rodriguez had maintained his WC form, if he had he'd be up there with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo.

-Pr-
Madrid is a bit of a cursed club, and has been for a while imo. Far too much in the way of politics.

It's xyz!
The problem with Madrid is 1. Ronaldo, 2. Ronaldo and 3. Ronaldo.

-Pr-
Well he is part of it, yeah. He was a problem at United too.

But for years now they've had this issue where people that aren't the manager take far too much interest in the running and picking of the team.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.