Death Sentry vs. Starbrand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

StiltmanFTW
Too early to say for sure, imho.

zopzop
Compare DSentry's feats and fight with Thor to Starbrand "vs" the Avengers.

DSentry displayed TP/TK, powerful energy attacks (enough to put down Thor temporarily which is more than what the Starbrand did), FTL travel speeds, regeneration, etc..

As of now, it looks like DSentry would push Starbrand's sh|t in.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by zopzop

DSentry displayed TP/TK, powerful energy attacks (enough to put down Thor temporarily which is more than what the Starbrand did), FTL travel speeds, regeneration, etc..

TheGodKiller
Starbrand wins, inspite of zopzop's betrayal.

Mshinu
Too early but I say DSENTRY for now.

Tony Stark
DSENTRY

carver9
Sigh*

Stoic

Zop you're not fooling anyone. I know that you love the brand, or you wouldn't participate in nearly every thread that he's in. You're just waiting to see just how badass that weapon is. Anyway, as for this thread.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Too early to say for sure, imho.

thumb up

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Zop you're not fooling anyone. I know that you love the brand, or you wouldn't participate in nearly every thread that he's in. You're just waiting to see just how badass that weapon is. Anyway, as for this thread.
Nope, you'd be wrong my friend. It's PLANETARY at BEST. Don't believe me?

Check out New Universal 1-7. It's all explained right there, Builders and all. This is what Hickman chose to run with. Phuck him and Ellis.

thumb down

Golgo13
Starbrand.

dial J for Josh
Neither wins. It is way too early to tell, need more showings for each.

And Zop your lowballing of Starbrand is starting to become quite bothersome.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic

thumb up

This. Zop is in denial.

celeyhyga17
Sband wipes out the entire builder crew.

Zop chimes in "told ya so!"

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
This. Zop is in denial. Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Sband wipes out the entire builder crew.

Zop chimes in "told ya so!"
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Neither wins. It is way too early to tell, need more showings for each.

And Zop your lowballing of Starbrand is starting to become quite bothersome.

GO PICK UP THE ISSUES then you can see for yourself. New Universal 1-7 (the series sucked @$$ but that's neither here nor there).

Current Starbrand (Ellis/Hickman) is PLANETARY at best (nukes can kill a Starbrand user! laughing ). It's all right there on panel.

Mr Master
I don't anything about current Starbrand, but the Starbrand has never
been anything more than global at best. Zop's right.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mr Master
I don't anything about current Starbrand, but the Starbrand has never
been anything more than global at best.
mad
The LT, Master Order and Lord Chaos would disagree!

About the Ellis/Hickman Failbrand? Yeah. But all credit goes to Branlor. He was the one that pointed out that PoS series by Ellis that retconned everything to do with the New Universe. Hickman just picked up where that failed series left off.

Golgo13
Who wins, zop?

Warlord
going by the recent fights at least Sentry felt Thor's lightning. Starbrand was fooling around with Hyperion Thor and Hulk at the same time without even knowing how to use his powers

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Golgo13
Who wins?
A Marvel character.

Warlord
lies

Diesldude
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
A Marvel character. That's confusing the hell out of a lot of people. They don't know who to pick.

zopzop
Originally posted by Golgo13
Who wins, zop?
Going by on panel feats/fights? This is DSentry's fight to lose. Even though he's appeared in fewer issues than the Ellis/Hickman Failbrand, he is the more impressive of the two.

Think about it. Hickman's Starbrand has : New Universal 1-7, the Avengers showings, the Infinity showings and STILL cannot match anything DSentry did in ONE issue.

Can this change later? Yes. Will this change? Not likely.

As of now, DSentry shows Failbrand who's the boss.

Warlord
It seemed to me that they were both having a very easy time with Thor. Starbrand was just pissing on Hulk and Hyperion at the same time, so....

zopzop
Originally posted by Warlord
It seemed to me that they were both having a very easy time with Thor. Starbrand was just pissing on Hulk and Hyperion at the same time, so....
It's more than that. Look at the powers DSentry displayed in ONE issue vs Failbrand in at least 12-15 issues : TP/TK, FTL flight speed, regeneration, crazy powerful energy attacks (DSentry put Thor down using them, Failbrand couldn't), and more I'm probably forgetting . Now compare that to Failbrand that has more appearances. I can't see how anyone is saying Failbrand wins (going by on panel appearances).

Warlord
I agree on the more diverse powerset. Taking Thor out?
Thor was momentarily KOed by both attackes. He was back on his feet shortly (except in the Sentry case we don't know when exactly as Sentry left the scene). Anyway regardless of the powerset Strabrand was fighting 3 herald level creatures at once while sentry was ocupied with just Thor.
Not to mention Sentry despite beating him he was feeling Thor something Starbrand completely disregarded.
Anyway, I understand you hate the development of the character or ssomething but I fail to see how one cannot make a case for Starbrand

zopzop
I agree on the more diverse powerset. Taking Thor out?
Thor was momentarily KOed by both attackes. He was back on his feet shortly (except in the Sentry case we don't know when exactly as Sentry left the scene). Anyway regardless of the powerset Strabrand was fighting 3 herald level creatures at once while sentry was ocupied with just Thor.
Not to mention Sentry despite beating him he was feeling Thor something Starbrand completely disregarded.
Anyway, I understand you hate the development of the character or ssomething but I fail to see how one cannot make a case for Starbrand
A) Thor was never KOed by Starbrand.

B) I'm not saying you CAN'T make a case for Failbrand (theorizing), I'm just saying going by on panel appearances, you'd be wrong.

Failbrand has a LOT of ground to make up and seeing as how we're about half way through the Infinity Event, it doesn't seem like it will.

Warlord
he was never KOed by Sentry either. Sentry laid him down and left.
You can't tell when he got up. could be instantly when Sentry left. Let's also not forget that Starbrand didn't even want to hurt them.
Again based on pannel apearances Sentry never faought (and made fun of) 3 herald level beings at once

Enzeru
Let's also not forget that Starbrand didn't even want to hurt them.
Again based on pannel apearances Sentry never faought (and made fun of) 3 herald level beings at once

Let's not forget that Thor always holds back, when he is on Earth and facing mortals. He said that many, many years ago and I don't see a reason why that shouldn't still apply for him. On top of that the Avengers were holding back at the beginning, because they wanted to talk Starbrand down.
The same did not apply for Thor's fight against Death Sentry. Death Sentry was holding back the entire time, because he didn't want to kill Thor, while Thor was going for the kill, because he knows who the Sentry is and what his evil side has done in the past.
Yet Thor got completely overwhelmed by the Sentry in terms of strength, speed and damage output.

Starbrand never got attacked by Thor's lightning, which does more damage than his Mjolnir tosses. Sentry did and he shrugged it off.
Starbrand was actually taken out by Hulk's dive bomb and restrained by the Avengers, who gave Thor the opportunity to strike, but the fight was stopped then by the other Avengers.
Sentry on the other hand completely overwhelmed Thor with one arm and punched him with enough impact for the entire planet to feel it.
On top of that you have Sentry's insane versatility.

Does Starbrand have the potential to take Death Sentry out? Yeah, he might be able to take Sentry down, but for now I don't see it happening.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.