What if Qui Gon Never Died?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cookies2006
I think Anikan would of been successfully trained if Qui Gon wouldnt of died. wink

Ushgarak
This is a very complex question... there are many many variables. Would Anakin have been ok? Would the Emperor have been defeated before becoming the Emperor? Would Dooku have been a bad guy? How much of Qui-Gon's attitude would the Jedi have believed? What would have Obi-Wan's career have been like? Would the whole concept of returning after death ever become apparent?

Nightmare.

GordonSkywalker
I say that had he lived he would have successfully trained Anakin as a Jedi. Anakin would then be less vulnearable to Palpatine and would not have allowed his feelings for the beautiful Padme to overcome him. And Obi Wan would not be remembered as the one who trained a future Dark Lord. Had Qui-Gon lived, Dooku might not have joined Sidious. It is hard to really know for sure but the entire Star Wars plotline would have been rewritten. wink

cookies2006
True.So many Q's and answers to one complex Question"waht if Qui never died?"

cookies2006
First of all. Anikan would probably still have his mother. Qui gon would of wanted him to be with his mother. Im surprised no other jedi thought this would make Anikan just a little bit sad. Which everyone knows what that leads to.

Ushgarak
All the other Jedi DID see that- it was one of the first things the Council said to Anakin and one of the reasons for their initial rejection of him.

cookies2006
then why didnt they get his mother?

she could of been a maid.

GordonSkywalker
As pointed out somewhere once, the Jedi are not in the business of dealing with slaves and slavemasters. They could not interfere with Watto's possession of Anakin's mom.

cookies2006
but they interfered with Anikan.

GordonSkywalker
That was Qui Gon's doing. He did not have the approval of the Concil when he did that.

cookies2006
he did they just werent so sure about it.

GordonSkywalker
I mean when Qui Gon first took the boy from his home. That was before the council had met him or knew of him apparently.

cookies2006
yeah i see what you mean.

Rave
If Qui never died then Anakin might not have went to the darkside.
But Qui might have joined Dooku.

Ushgarak
QGJ would never have joined DOoku...

GordonSkywalker
Never happen in a million of years.

cookies2006
Just as obi 1 said.

Captain REX
Obi-Wan's so smart...

GordonSkywalker
Debateable considering his not being aware of his student's growing frustration with the jedi way. Btw, your new avatar reminds me of the Dr Who opening graphics, Rex! big grin

yerssot
he does know anakin is arrogant though

GordonSkywalker
Yes that much he knows.

yerssot
and more I think

GordonSkywalker
Possibly. What exactly do you have in mind?

yerssot
he knows anakin dislikes him at least

cookies2006
at some point of time he does.

yerssot
in AOTC I mean stick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
I do not think Obi Wan yet realises how Anakin feels about him as his teacher and probably won't know until Episode 3. There is a lot of big brother/little brother rivalry going on with those two I think.

cookies2006
cause theyre not. But i know what you mean.

GordonSkywalker
I think that rivalry was demonstrated as far back as Episode I when Qui Gon wanted to train Anakin even though Obi Wan was still his student.

yerssot
well, Anakin was too old! stick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
And Obi Wan was already Qui Gon's apprentice. The Code forbids a Jedi Master from taking in more than one at any time.

cookies2006
Where did you findthis code at? Sounds interesting.

Ushgarak
They say that in the film.

yerssot
not the entire code, that's in the novel if I'm not mistaken?

Ushgarak
They say that particular bit in the film, I meant. Was it in the novel? I thought only in the EU, but I have read neither.

yerssot
it is in that thingie, that jedi that needs to go fetch a neimodian
shadowhunter with maul?

and by the waffle! I need to buy the novel of TPM!

Dexx
oh..shadowhunter is the best EU i've read.

yerssot
you haven't read much then wink

GordonSkywalker
Master Mace Windu says that in The Phantom Menace (The Film) when QGJ announces Anakin as his Padawan Learner. Yoda says it is impossible for him to take on a second student and Mace Windu adds,"The Code forbids it."

Dexx
That too yerssstick out tongue

yes..we all remember that gordon.

GordonSkywalker
Apparently not all of you did! I have the added advantage of having read the book just the other day-and remembering key bits from the film itself.

finti
yes they do say that in the film, the book doesnt count

GordonSkywalker
As you so rightly say finti it was in the film. I hope this clears this particular question up Cookies. Feel free to ask any more questions you might have my young apprentice.

yerssot
I was actually refering to
"There is no anger, there is ..."
that code, not the other one

Ushgarak
Oh, the creed. Never liked the sound of that myself.

GordonSkywalker
Oh the Creed! Parts of it did seem harsh especially for Anakin Skywalker in Episode II. The love and anger thing I mean.

LaurenE147
I find it very hard to believe that none of the council has ever felt passion. About anything.

yerssot
passion as in not thinking clear they mean

GordonSkywalker
So will they understand his love for Padme do you think?

yerssot
yes, it's normal to fall in love
but they don't like it

GordonSkywalker
My friend and I were discussing this same subject earlier and we reached pretty much the same conclusion-at least as much as we can without seeing that final chapter.

LaurenE147
I wonder if Yoda ever fell in love. I think most of the others have but Yoda has always seemed kind of lonely to me.

Ushgarak
It is only attachment and posession that is forbidden. As Anakin specifies, Jedi are encouraged to love.

LaurenE147
Rewind your DVD. He says Jedi are encouraged to feel compassion which is a form of love. Not the same thing. "A certain point of view"

Ushgarak
Obviously you need to re-wind it first. He did not say they were encouraged to feel compassion, he said compassion, which he defined as UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, was central to a Jedi.

He then said you might say they were encouraged to love.

In any case, the point that ONLY attachment and possession is forbidden is the important bit. Jedi are allowed all the emotions anyone has, just they must not let them rule them and must not become attached to things.

yerssot
I need to know how you rewind a DVD

wink
j/k in case you panicked

GordonSkywalker
Yes a dvd cannot be rewinded in the literal sense as a videotape can. Probably just a freudian slip yerss. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

LaurenE147
Mine can be rewinded.

Anyway, I've always thought Yoda was lonely. He seems sad deep down.

yerssot
j/k = just kidding stick out tongue

cookies2006
DVDs can be rewinded but not literally.Just to get it all clear.

yerssot
last time I try to be funny roll eyes (sarcastic)

cookies2006
nothing wrong with being funny! That's what makes the world go around, making people smile that is.

yerssot
I failed in this one though

cookies2006
People like you feel sorry for yourself at that leeds to hate, which consumes you to the dark side.

yerssot
oh! but I love the dark side wink

GordonSkywalker
Back on topic though:If Qui Gon lived he would have trained Anakin better than Obi Wan could have and Anakin Skywalker would have never turned into the monstrous Lord of the Sith known as Darth Vader.

LaurenE147
I don't think Qui-Gonn could have trained Anakin any better than Obi-wan could. Anakin was a bomb waiting to go off.

cookies2006
Children getting seperated from their moms and then their almost dad-like master dies. That would really suck.

LaurenE147
It was the death of his mother that started him truly on the path. That would have happened no matter what.

yerssot
point is, he knew his mother, and that she died pointed out why exactly padawans shouldn't know their parents

Ushgarak
Of course Qui-Gon could have taught Anakin better than Obi-Wan- that is whole point of Obi-Wan's plot, trying to fulfill a promise to his Master that he could not do.

GordonSkywalker
The word is plight I think. Otherwise your logic is as always flawless.

Ushgarak
No, I meant plot. Whilst it WAS a dilemma for him his plot in the prequels is that he is not up to the task he inheritied from his Master.

LaurenE147
Where exactly was a flaw of Obi-Wan's that Qui-Gonn would not have had.

Ushgarak
He was not as good a tutor- as described by all official sources (and even himself in the Classic films), he thought he could do it but could not.

GordonSkywalker
He believed he could teach the boy as good as Yoda could but was unable to prevent him from turning to the dark side.

cookies2006
Becuase the dark side had already destroyed him.

GordonSkywalker
Obi Wan Kenobi was not able to sense the dangers to Anakin as Qui Gon might have. There was too much big brother/little brother rivalry going on between them that ultimately undermined any relationship of teacher/student. Had he lived Qui Gon would not have had such a problem. He had the practical experience that Obi Wan lacked.

LaurenE147
But who says Qui-Gonn would not have made the same mistakes. Show me that source!

Ushgarak
Because he was a Jedi Master entrusted by the Council in bringing up Padawans and also did a fantastic job with ObiWan. QGJ is clearly shown to be a GREAT teacher.

GordonSkywalker
Yes, yes I agree with the Ushman.

LaurenE147
Hello! Xanatos!!!!

GordonSkywalker
He is an EU character strictly and therefore is not relevant to the discussion here.

yerssot
Hi! LaurenE!!! stick out tongue

cookies2006
Yes QGJ is one of the best Jedi teachers ever. Agreed!

GordonSkywalker
Agreed!

cookies2006
He was one of the best anything. He was just a little to slow for DM.

GordonSkywalker
He held his own pretty good for a while though.

glenn
I heard that Qui Gon is to appear in episode 3 like Obi Wan did in episodes 5 & 6 to stop anakin going to the darkside. But thats just me.

glenn
Yeah but DM had an advantage with his doule bladed lightsabre confused confused

yerssot
it's only an advantage when you're very good with it

cookies2006
Yeah you cant be weak minded and plan to use it for an advantage.

Princess_Leia
Personally I don't think Qui Gon would have made a difference. I think he might have even made it possibly worse cause even when every1 tried to at least warn him that Anakin was possibly dangerous he just completely disregarded it and I get he believed he was right but if he did train Anakin he mite of overlooked things Anakin did wrong more cause he felt he was the only 1 who believed in Anakin and every1 else was wrong.I don't no if I explain that great but i hope y'all get what I mean.

Ppl always say that obviously Qui Gon must be a great teacher cause Obi turned out so great but that cud just mean that Obi was a great student and a really hard worker,not 2 say Qui was bad tho but he was pretty lucky he got such a cool padawan who wasn't such a glory hog like sum1 else we know, not mentioning names................ cough.........Anakin...cough lol

And if Anakin was such a great guy and a saint then he'd of stayed in the light no matter what.

cookies2006
I think one of the reasons anakin went bad besides his mother is that his second father died(QGJ). He was just like his second dad, QGJ had all the confidence in the world for anakin.

rogue_jedi
ush is right, as is gordon. qui gon jinn was an accomplished jedi master, much more experienced than obi wan. he was far better suited to train anakin. also, mauls youth and speed and stamina wre as big an advantage to him as his dual blades. you can tell that qui gon was exhausted right before maul killed him. i think he was supposed to be in his fifties, wheras maul was probably as young as obi wan, perhaps a bit older. not sure on their age.

rogue_jedi
as for xanatos, hey, it happens. look at dooku. he was qui gons teacher(wasnt he? or was it that he was yodas padawan? whatever.) and he fell to the dark side. he was a JEDI MASTER who fell to the dark side. xanatos was only a padawan. qui gon jinn wasnt perfect.

Ushgarak
Age is not really a major factor in such swordfights. Maul lilled him by simply outfighting him at the time. It happens.

cookies2006
Yeah, but Maul did have alil help by being younger and the double helix lightsaber. Plus his overraging devil powers.

Rogue Jedi
age is definitely a factor in any kind of fight. i think that qui gon was actually a better swordsman than maul. maul had youth, stamina, and 2 blades to qui gons one. lets look at it like this. lets say you have allen iverson playing michael jordan one on one. sure, jordan is the better player, but iverson is young with much more stamina. who is going to have the advantage late in the game? iverson, just like maul had over qui gon.

Ushgarak
That double-bladed sabre is NO advantage. In any realistic sense it is a liability. It is a dreadful weapon- it just LOOKS good, is all. The most effective sabre type seen in the films is the SINGLE blade- little wonder this is the choice of the Masters. Only young show-offs would use two sabres or a double-ended one.

It is a mistake to compare a purely athletic pursuit like basketball with swordfighting. In a swordfight, skill is more important than ANY other consideration. Age is barely a factor at all. Go watch some Kendo masters in their 80s beating players four times younger than them. It is amazing, but it happens, because all the speed and fitness and reflexes in the world are utterly useless against the sheer skill of a swordmaster. Speed is in fact a liability for one who wants to be a Master swordsman- something you must learn to fight without, because speed will fade and if you rely on it you will die. Skill is king. And Star Wars CLEARLY shows that age is no factor what with Dooku and Yoda being such unstoppable Master swordsmen.

No. Maul simply outfought Qui-Gon at that point. Like I said- it happens. Maul's greatest asset was his amazing skill for his age.

Nick Gilliard understands how these things work. Hard not to have respect for the man. He has the young, fast swordsmen fight in their way and the older, more skilled ones fight in theirs; Dooku's disciplined, skillful strokes humiliating Anakin's rapid, two-sabre attacks was a joy to watch. What good did Anakin's two sabres and youth do him there? None at all; just got him a lost limb. Skill wins. Age is nothing.

That said, if two fighters are of approximately the same skill, obviously the faster one is more likely to win.

finti
age would be a factor if the duel last for a longer time. but in these fights it didnt. One must take into consideration that both Anakin and Obi had been at it for awhile when they met Dooku. With fatigue comes carelessness and at least Anakin was pretty careless, the ligning bolt he took didnt help his cause either

Ushgarak
Anakin and Obi-Wan seemed pretty tip-top to me. It's Dooku having to fight THREE duels in a row you have to feel sorry for!

cookies2006
Count dooku doesnt look like he'd be a very good jedi. But, along with age comes more of a thurough trainig. Like Yoda.

Ushgarak
Dooku was a superb Jedi, I would have thought.

cookies2006
Yea, wounder who kills him?

Rogue Jedi
so qui gon jinn wasnt fatigued right before he was killed? hmm.....im watching ep.1 right now, and maul just killed him. it looked like qui gon just ran out of gas. he is mainly blocking, not attacking like he was prior. ush, i'll agree with you that older more experienced swordsmen will defeat younger faster ones any day. i am getting ready to take aikido and kendo lessons, but i have to quit smoking these stinking cigarettes first. i sat in and watched a kendo session at a local school. the instructor was a japanese man about 55-60 years old. he took on guys in their 20s and 30s and just humiliated them. but, after about an hour of this, he began to show fatigue. he was mainly defensive, not being able to match his experience for youth and stamina. and this was with breaks between each opponent. qui gon was charging maul non stop and his attacks were vicious, especially when he and obi wan were seperated. qui gon was the better swordsman, and i think maul knew this. he exploited it and wore qui gon down. when qui gon began to slow down, maul turned up the heat, attacking nonstop. i just rewound it and am watching it again. qui gon is fighting bravely, but, despite his superior skill, he has very little left to give. as for mauls dual bladed saber: yes, it is a big a hazard to the user as it is to the opponent. unless, that is, you become a master with it. if obi wan tried to use it, he would probably bisect himself. maul, however, has mastered it. in his hands, it becomes twice as effective as a regular lightsaber.

Rogue Jedi
i have the book for ep. 1 in my hand right now. it says, and i quote: "but he was becoming weary now from carrying on the battle ALONE. his strokes were not as vigorous as before and his face was bathed with FATIGUE AND SWEAT." it is referring to qui gon as he battles maul alone.

finti
The books authors have some artistc freedome when it comes to describing feelings and such so they are semi EU and thus not countable.
In the ROTJ novelization Obi says Owen is his Brother so............

cookies2006
so we cant really trust the books to ride along with the movies?

Ushgarak
It does not matter HOW much you master the double-ended sabre, it will never be tiwce as good as a normal sabre, or even AS good as. You can only use half of it anyway- because once you use one blade the other side is uselessly committed- it is a hafted weapon but you can only hold the centre, which removes the point of such a weapon, and with no guard the centre is horribly vulenerable to attack. If an opponent slashes at the centre there is almost nothing you can do about it. It is a USELESS weapon included only for its stylistic value. As I say, all the Masters in that film use single baldes, and no wonder.

No, we cannot trust the books, they mean nothing. QGJ did not look in the SLIGHTEST bit fatigued when he was beaten. His actual mistake was to make the same move twice in a row, and Maul was ready to bash his hilt into QGJ's face. Just outfought, simple.

Dooku, a generation older than QGJ, continued to fight for just as long and was not slowing down either- and as for Yoda! Fatigue really did not seem to be an issue.

Rogue Jedi
if it is a useless weapon, then why didnt obiwan and quigon strike him down right away?look at it this way. lets say you and i are in a light saber duel. you have a single blade and i have mauls saber. we are both masters with our respective weapons. i swing at your mid section, right to left. you block the attack, but your single blade is now occupied with the blade i tried to strike you with. whats to keep me from bringing my other blade around and striking you down? after you intercept the first attack, i continue by using the momentum of the first attack to bring the other blade around to strike at you now EXPOSED and UNPROTECTED right side, which is now open for attack. a staff is an OFFENSIVE weapon. it can be used for defense, but it serves its bearer better if it used for attack. a single blade sword is more balanced, but not as strong an offensive weapon. staffs are used to ward off multiple enemies and be able to counterattack.

yerssot
there's a really crazy site around somewhere where someone goes into every little detail about lightsabres and fighting, he points out that OB1 was still a padawan while fighting, with bad attacks, poor blocks and getting infront of QGJ

Ushgarak
Yeah, Bob Brown's site, it is down now but I still have it saved.

You CANNOT use Mauls' weapon like a staff because you can ONLY hold the centre, you cannot hold it to your body and because your opponent can cut right through the hilt- like I said already, nearly all advantages it has from being a hafted weapon are lost by its very nature as a sabre. Your example is pretty irrelevant, also nonsensical- you bring the other blade towwards me, I block THAT as well. Bloody simple- you cannot bring both blades towards me at once and it is MUCH simpler for me to move a short distance to block than it is for you to bring your other blade around for a new attack. You don't HAVE any momentum on that side- your example makes no sense. I can block you all day doing slashes but you have a hell of a problem blocking my greater range of moves.

The advantages *I* can get by simply striking for your middle-and I have a greater reach because I can thrust without impaling myself on the other side of the weapon- are immense and the options you have to counter that few. You certainly cannot perform a circular disarm on me unless you want to neatly burn your own chest out in the process! NORMALLY a staff would have a longer reach than me because one can quickly move to hold it at the end, which is most of its advantage, certainly in bo staff fighting, but Maul's sabre- only holdable in the centre- does NOT. It has a decidedly shorter reach.

To quote the Bobmeister himself:

"THIS IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS WEAPON TO USE. The nature of ''hafted'' weapons is that one or the other end regularly comes close (and often into contact with) the wielders own body. This would be FATAL with a lightsabre blade! It would be surprising if Maul does not regularly trim the dangling sleeves of his Sith robes!... skilled opponents will try to bash the "butt blade" into his body by striking at the ''front blade''. Maul is unable to assume most forms of ''centre'' guard (without exposing his belly)... Truly I sympathise with prequel weapons-choreographer Nick Gillard, who had to create believable techniques for this suicidally dangerous weapon!"

The list of problems with it is ridiculous- it is dangerous, complicated, ungainly and clumsy, whereas a sabre is simple and elegant. The weapon is rubbish and expert analysis of it that I have seen agrees so; it was my brother who pointed it out to me and I respect his sword fighting knowledge a great deal. The reason they did not beat him quickly is because they were interested in having an interesting fight, not a realistic one (they would all be fencing matches like in ANH if they were realistic), and Nick could come up with some cool looking sutff with a double-ended sabre and two opponents- as Bob Brown said, it was a miracle he made it look believable at all, so ridiculous is the weapon. But anyone who claims the double-ended lightsabre is a BETTER weapon than a normal one knows little of swordfighting. I am sorry, that is just how it is.

In the end, the point remains that if it were a better weapon, then ALL the Matsers would be using them. Dooku and Yoda and Windu are better swordsmen than Maul, and they use single blades. The use of the double by Maul was purely stylistic- and in film terms (film terms being the ones that make spaceships make noises in space, the force possible, and the double-ended sabre not SO rubbish that he was beaten at once), he fought just as well with the single. All it did for the fight was make him look good.

Princess_Leia
I think one of the reasons anakin went bad besides his mother is that his second father died(QGJ). He was just like his second dad, QGJ had all the confidence in the world for anakin.

Everyone says Qui Gon was like a second dad (when did he have a first one?) but I don't get it. He knew the guy for like 3 days! I get he really liked and respected him and they bonded or whatever and Qui Gon stood up for him but come on, he hardly knew the guy well enough for him to be like a dad.

cookies2006
Well then QGJ comes the closest doesnt he? Anakins mother said there was no dad but babies just dont come like that. U need alil thing we all call sperm.

yerssot
ever heard of the prophecy?
he is the Chosen One, meaning he was conceived by the force!

cookies2006
I never heard that but i believe you.

Rogue Jedi
ok, ush.... ill agree with you that a single bladed saber is a more sensible weapon, but ONLY if you are facing a single opponent.in maul and qui gons first battle on tattooine, maul uses a single blade because he has only one opponent. in the second battle, he uses both. why? because he is facing two jedi rather than one. next time you watch ep. 1, notice that when he whips out his lightsaber, he ignites the right blade as he looks at qui gon. as he ignites the 2nd blade, he looks at obiwan. he realizes that he needs both blades to face them. picture this: maul has only a single bladed lightsaber as he fights both jedi. how long would he have lasted? my guess is that qui gon would have struck him down in a matter of minutes, if that long. for instance: lets say obi wan tries to sweep mauls legs. maul blocks, but he doesnt have a blade left to deal with qui gon. he is wide open for attack. your point about the bearer of a dual bladed saber's mid section being vulnerable was validated when obi wan chopped his saber in half. when maul faced obi wan one on one, he should have went back to using one blade. 2 blades are better for facing multiple opponents, but against one opponent, they are more of a liability than an asset. P.S.: i appreciate it that you and the others here answer these replies without being harsh. some of the other sites i have been to(i.e.:slackercentral) the people there are just plain rude. its great that we can debate this without being rude or immature.

Ushgarak
Frankly I don't see it as being of any more use against two opponents but it did LOOK damn good.

Well anyway... he tried his best but he was beaten; it's actually a rather rare thing to happen to heroes in films. (cries) Come back, Liam, we love you!

cookies2006
R you talking about QGJ or darth maul?

Princess_Leia
Well normally babies have dads but in this case Anakin doesn't.It's not that we don't know who he is there just isn't one and George Lucas even said that in the film so it's a bit stupid of people to post threads with 'who's Anakin's dad?' cause he don't have one.Sorry I don't mean to be mean to ppl who do like those threads but it's a bit pointless.It can seem a bit stupid that he doesn't have a dad to us but that's the way it is.

I get Anakin was close to Qui Gon for the few days he knew him but just cause he liked and respected him doesn't mean he thought of him as a father. Wudn't he maybe have mentioned to Padme about missing him if he felt that strongly cause he talked bout his mom to her. Do u get what I mean?he says Obi's his father cause who'd u feel more strongly bout, a guy u knew for 3 days when u were 9 r the guy who's trained and taken care of u for 10 years?I know they bickered in ep2 but I think before that they must have been friends but then Anakin got an ego and then Padme came along and we just all saw the bad parts of their relationship but they had a little joke in the elevator at the start it's just we didn't get to see more of those kinda moments, well I think that anyway. I do think Anakin really liked Qui but I don't believe he thought of him as a father, a great jedi and a good friend but not a dad.

Rogue Jedi
yeah, qoi gon was an awesome jedi. well, it happens, right? bummer

cookies2006
yea, i know what u mean ur highness but a young jedi like anakin cant feel sorry for someone he lost in the past. It just leads to the dark side. (example) look at what his mother did to him. Unless u r the only hope like luke. He had to go find his father but he didnt really know it was his father so.

Princess_Leia
Oh I get he felt sorry that Qui Gon died but I don't think he cud have had quite the impact on him to make him fall to the darkside. His mom, yeh of course but Qui Gon, I don't really think so. I just think he'd of said sumtimes about him in ep2 if he missed him that much. And he did say Obi was his daddy, yeh they bickered and fought but what teenager and their parent/s don't?

cookies2006
yeah. mmmmmk im over it.

Princess_Leia
sorry i didn't mean to go on about it or anything.

cookies2006
I know u didnt. I'm just a hotheaded bounty hunter with a lightsaber,thats all.

finti
I guess they chose a double bladed sword for Maul to show of or show more martial skills and kick ass movement rather than straight up sword dueling. Like the more agile moves impresses the crowd

Ushgarak
Oh, absolutely.

cookies2006
Yea, DM just looks tight anyway.

Rogue Jedi
(biting my tongue.....)

cookies2006
WHat u dont like DM?

Rogue Jedi
no, i love darth maul. i am at odds with some peoples opinion on how effective mauls saber is.

finti
a two bladed sword aint more affective than a single bladed sword. If it was it would have taken over the role of single bladed swords. it is harder to use and regardless how skillfull yolu are you need a much larger radiusangles on handeling it

Rogue Jedi
ive already agreed to disagree with most of you on this one. despite the fact that my boss, an indonesian who has taken tae kwan do for 25 years, in addition to all sorts of weapons training, agrees with me on this.

finti
tae kwan do(the way of the fist and foot) has what to do with swords????? and why do you presume we aint skilled in martial arts and weapons training?

Ushgarak
I am confident in my knowledge of swordfighting.

yerssot
I'm a great martial arts master in the sacret art of chocolate wink j/k smile

Rogue Jedi
yerssot, im not assuming anything. ush, im not questioning your knowledge of swordfighting. in addition ot tkw, he has trained in kung fu and wushu. ok, heres something. what martial arts (besides kendo) focus a lot on weapons training?

SimK68
Yea, you guys take it easy here. I work with this guy in person, and he makes my simple minded head spin knowing what he knows and tells me. smile

cookies2006
Any body got KOTOR yet?

finti
The Filipino Escrima, kind of sword fighting
Kung fu, at least you learn alot of different weapons at least in the original Shaolin style of it.

Most martial arts is weaponless forms of self defence

Rogue Jedi
kung fu. ok. these shaolin monks, thats what they study, right?

finti
this one has no topic at all anymore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.