Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
Anyone seen it? Any good?

I see they have the actor who played Coulson in the movies and the one woman with the really nice arse (err, Maria Hill) from Avengers too.

Hope it's good, don't want to waste my time torrenting it otherwise.

tkitna
I liked it, but the story was a bit slow. I'm looking forward to watching more of it though.

SpaceMonkey
I liked it. It was only the pilot, so it should only get better.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
pilot episode was horrible.. could have been better.. it did show some promise so i will continue to watch, however since this going up against arguably the show show on tv NCIS, this will have to wait for me to watch until around 11 pm my time

DARTH POWER
Yeah was expecting much much better from Whedon and Marvel.

But hey the first episode of Buffy was pretty bad, so we'll see where this goes.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I see the potential for agents to become its own thing and soon attract a rabid fanbase. The new characters are interesting and have LOADS of potential. I was surprised. I'd give it a while before reaching arrow in quality (really like that show too) but I liked how clearly defined all the characters were even in the pilot of agents. The kind of characters who become fan favorites down the road.

janus77
Pretty good stuff. Vaguely "Heroes"-y, but better characters, which is natural since Coulson and Hill are already a little more developed.

"Charles Gunn" playing the guy you think is a recognised hero only to find him actually some random guy ... nice touch.

Whedon seems to always work in an actor from his past, somewhere.

Would love to see Amy Ackers as AIM's field commander or something.

Kazenji
The second episode was not bad and the Nick Fury appearance near the end grilling Coulsan

Originally posted by janus77
P
Would love to see Amy Ackers as AIM's field commander or something.

If they use AIM in this tv show, hope we get the yellow outfits since Iron Man 3 didn't use them.

BruceSkywalker
second episode wasn't that impressive either despite seeing Sam Jackson ...

this show HAS GOT TO PICK UP and tell better stories.. I'd like to know where in the world are S.H.I.E.L.D.'S weapons at.. All I see is that this is a cop show , yet it should be more

Golgo13
Huge ratings drop.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48231

SpaceMonkey
That's tough. I thought the second episode was better than the pilot. Hopefully it picks up steam.

DARTH POWER
Not surprising considering the pilot was disappointing. They should have aired the first 2 episodes together Imo.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Golgo13
Huge ratings drop.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48231

not really a surprise.. this show must improve

Kazenji
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Not surprising considering the pilot was disappointing. They should have aired the first 2 episodes together Imo.

They did here.

DARTH POWER
^ Oh damn! F*** tv networks. Should just download!

Kazenji
not really a surprise.. this show must improve

What exactly are you expecting from the show?

seem to have your expectations too high.

janus77
I enjoyed the pilot more than the second ep. A bit too formulaic and the whole military thing is ... Shades of the flimsy military that Whedon wrote into Buffy season 4 (and onwards - "The Initiative"wink.

He's good at creating fun character dynamics and adventure stories, but the "gritty" feel of S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't really come through.

Feels like it is aimed at a much younger demographic.

Maybe I've been watching too much Game of Thrones confused.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Kazenji

I was also expecting better from Whedon and Marvel studios tbh.

Compared to other shows like Smallville and Arrow it's not off to the best start.

But we honestly can't judge the show until there's been a season. Buffy's first few episodes also were not the best, but it got a lot better into it's second season.

BruceSkywalker

no, my expectations were never high for this.

I was expecting better from Whedon because of his previous success on tv.

I do hope the show improves with the direction of the characters as well as the storytelling

wowbrow
My expectations were high. With all of the Marvel characters they have at their disposal, plus the budget they have, there is no reason why this is as terrible as it is. The acting is awful.

Badabing
I was suprised Graviton is going to be part of the show.

Kazenji
Wonder if we will see him eventually wear his costume later on in the series.

Badabing
If we do then they better have Thor or Hulk guest starring!

SpaceMonkey
Another solid episode. I feel this show is not as bad as alot of people here are saying. I had medium expectations because you can't do on TV what you do in the movies. I was just taking it as filler between the movies and it has surpassed that for me.

BruceSkywalker
last night's ep was ok.

good to the hinting of Graviton however paging Chris Hemsworth?? paging Mark Ruffalo

JayDaDon
Sky running in that soaking wet dress was an unexpected treat.

tkitna
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Sky running in that soaking wet dress was an unexpected treat.

Yeah, she's killing me. Damn she's hot.

DARTH POWER
Best episode so far. Still not got me waiting for the next episode, but it's a step in the right direction.

Though it's not even touching Arrow yet wink

janus77
Today's episode was great. Really quite impressive.

I'm starting to like the laptop girl, pretty ... pretty.

BruceSkywalker
last night's ep was all right.. the show needs better writing and characters from the comics

TheGodKiller
We already have a thread for this on the TV Talk Forum...

Kazenji
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
We already have a thread for this on the TV Talk Forum...

we can have two threads for a comic book movies too.....so whats your point?

DARTH POWER
Nah, this show still isn't giving us anything special. And I've been giving it the chance to do that week after week. Very disappointed considering Whedon's at the helm.

Perhaps he's too busy with Avengers 2 and other stuff he's doing to make another awesome weekly tv show, in which case they should give this show to someone else.

JayDaDon
People just need some cotdamned patience. The show is still new, it'll get better. How many shows started out the first 3, 5, 10 episodes, first season even, rocky only to become amazing shows? Yeah, too many to count.

DARTH POWER
So we'll praise it when that happens. But I wasn't going for a great show to start a year ftom now. The first five episodes should of at least given us 1 where we say that was frigging awesome Imho.

Badabing
We already have a thread for this on the TV Talk Forum... Shut up.

Inhuman
The last episode left a lot of questions unanswered
who the fuq is behind the eye tech thing, etc. They said that tech is beyond anything they (s.h.i.e.d.) has seen. And they seen some sh!t. erm

Kazenji
This weeks episode that's coming up with the dude with the fire abilities

was reading something and he seems to resemble someone from the comics.

Mshinu
First episode just aired here in Norway. Decent but no cigar IMO. Guess i was expecting a bit much, I`ll watch more and hope it improves.

TheGodKiller
we can have two threads for a comic book movies too.....so whats your point?
I thought this was a dupe thread. So...

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Badabing
Shut up.

You can't silence me! Happy Dance

TheGodKiller
Anyways, who wants to bet that Skye's seemingly double agent status will end up getting exposed in the next episode?

basilisk
I hope this show improves soon. So far it's been weak, dull stories, cliched boring characters, weak scripts, below par acting. I wasn't expecting the cinematic Marvel, but a show from Whedon with this budget should be much better than it is. Once or twice it's shown some promise but it just doesn't deliver.

I will persevere for the time being but they'd better get moving soon.

SpaceMonkey
Last night's episode was solid. I still think there is room for improvement, but I am pleased with it thus far.

roughrider
Anyways, who wants to bet that Skye's seemingly double agent status will end up getting exposed in the next episode?

Yep. you called it. And we're getting a little bit more about Coulson every week; this episode he's up early and often restless. Will they play this out until the end of the season, that he could be a life model decoy?

Oh, and Ruth Negga is a real cutie, as that duplicitous agent for the 'Centipede' organization.

Kazenji
The ratings are dropping with this show

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=88987

its starting to get good, Hope it makes it to season 2.

-Pr-
Really hope the show starts to improve some more.

Nice to see an irish actress doing well though.

ares834
As much as I ***** about this show it is still better than the vast majority of crap that TV shoves at us.

Anyway, the last episode was decent. The Asian guy going crazy was pretty dumb but other than that it was enjoyable.

BruceSkywalker
last night's ep was fair and that is putting it mildly.. the sunfire ripoff could have been handled better.. its good that they mention the avengers in passing but they should really have at least one of them guest star if nothing else..

Originally posted by -Pr-
Really hope the show starts to improve some more.

Nice to see an irish actress doing well though.

she should have spoken in her natural language stick out tongue

tkitna
Need I remind people that Skye was prancing around in her underwear last episode?

Seriously though, I like the show and hope it sticks around for awhile.

Kazenji
Originally posted by tkitna

Seriously though, I like the show and hope it sticks around for awhile.

Yeah give it time to develop more and hit its stride.

janus77
This ep wasn't as good as the last, but still an improvement on the first few episodes.

Getting stronger, but 1) serious budget with mediocre pacing so far and 2) May and Coulson just aren't a good paring.

The Sorrow
May and Coulson are like the only 2 characters I care for - Skye is annoying and Ward is bland af. It's not a bad show its just not a great show either so far, very generic in it's feel and almost seems like just another teen series. Hopefully this Centipede stuff leads somewhere, and picks up the pace of the show.

Out of Arrow, Walking Dead, The Blacklist and even Revolution, this is the show I look forward to watching the least but I'm still hopeful.

janus77
Xander and Willow are my favourites, though female Spike is coming along nicely.

Maybe I watched too much Joss Whedon product, these relationships and characters seem very ... familiar.

janus77
Originally posted by The Sorrow
May and Coulson are like the only 2 characters I care for - Skye is annoying and Ward is bland af. It's not a bad show its just not a great show either so far, very generic in it's feel and almost seems like just another teen series. Hopefully this Centipede stuff leads somewhere, and picks up the pace of the show.

Out of Arrow, Walking Dead, The Blacklist and even Revolution, this is the show I look forward to watching the least but I'm still hopeful.
Come on, Arrow? sad

Granted I don't watch the others you list but Arrow?

I can only watch that show when I'm utterly unemployed, bored and can't fall asleep. Even then I have to expend serious mental energy picturing The Queen women naked, every time they appear. And that lawyer women dead.

MAOS is shallow and slow, has cardboard thin characterisation and constantly reminds you of how big a budget it is wasting but, still a lot better than Arrow.

The only telly I watch with any enthusiasm, at the moment, are Elementary (very good show) and American Horror Story (occasionally cinematic in quality, usually very very good).

MAOS reminds me a little of season 1 of Heroes, but with fewer and less interesting characters.

pym-ftw
I feel like a little fan love would go a long way toward helping this show do better.

The Sorrow
Come on, Arrow? sad

I can only watch that show when I'm utterly unemployed, bored and can't fall asleep. Even then I have to expend serious mental energy picturing The Queen women naked, every time they appear. And that lawyer women dead.

MAOS is shallow and slow, has cardboard thin characterisation and constantly reminds you of how big a budget it is wasting but, still a lot better than Arrow.

The only telly I watch with any enthusiasm, at the moment, are Elementary (very good show) and American Horror Story (occasionally cinematic in quality, usually very very good).

MAOS reminds me a little of season 1 of Heroes, but with fewer and less interesting characters.
laughing out loud I like Arrow do you watch it?

Yep have to agree there is a severe lack of eye candy, Thea would get it though lol

Arrow can be a bit cheesy at times, and the acting isn't the best but it holds my interest with it's storylines and action. The pacing is generally good, there is actually thrill and suspense (something else MAOS has been sorely lacking so far) and other known characters from the DC universe have or will be making an appearance. Plus I'm a big Green Arrow fan stick out tongue

I feel as though Arrow has found it's feet and has improved over the earlier episodes where it was a bit shaky, something I'm still hopeful of SHIELD. I guess it boils down to personal taste aswell really but MAOS needs to make significant improvements if it's to make it past a 1st season imo. That American Horror Story you mentioned looks good but I've only seen adverts, it's hard to find time keep up with so many tv shows!

janus77

Yep have to agree there is a severe lack of eye candy, Thea would get it though lol

Arrow can be a bit cheesy at times, and the acting isn't the best but it holds my interest with it's storylines and action. The pacing is generally good, there is actually thrill and suspense (something else MAOS has been sorely lacking so far) and other known characters from the DC universe have or will be making an appearance. Plus I'm a big Green Arrow fan stick out tongue

I feel as though Arrow has found it's feet and has improved over the earlier episodes where it was a bit shaky, something I'm still hopeful of SHIELD. I guess it boils down to personal taste aswell really but MAOS needs to make significant improvements if it's to make it past a 1st season imo. That American Horror Story you mentioned looks good but I've only seen adverts, it's hard to find time keep up with so many tv shows!
I did watch season 1 of Arrow quite a bit, mostly because I was seriously bored and it was the only super-hero-y stuff on.

I've seen bits of season 2, the female superhero - Black Canary? - is yet another disappointing casting (and costuming!).

Felicity's looking hotter though, but that might just be the slow erosion of my standards, as I accept and acclimate to the meagre offerings of the show?

I miss smallville, maybe it's because I was still fairly young, but that show had a lot of hot looking girls. And the "smallville" scenery wasn't bad either. It got me through quite a few of their goofy stories.

Arrow is brave, in that respect, the lead female character has neither character nor allure. She is as vacant, vacuous and dull as you can get.

I was kinda hoping that Oliver's time on the island had left him deranged and he'd start an affair with Thea ... yes She's definitely the prettiest female on that show (and up there with the Willow character of MAOS).

AMS is definitely worth watching. Season 1 was dark and occasionally dreary, but season 2 was consistently excellent and season 3 is even better. Also, what other show gets you wondering who's hotter - Jessica Lange or Emma Roberts!?

BruceSkywalker

I love Arrow and feel that the show does right with Ollie and the rest of the DCU..

Originally posted by pym-ftw
I feel like a little fan love would go a long way toward helping this show do better.

either fans don't know this show exists or they stay with NCIS..

some people might simply DVR this and watch NCIS

JayDaDon
Originally posted by pym-ftw

I couldn't agree more. They need the element that's gonna have people talking, well they already have it, they just need to use it. They need something like cameos or for gods sake, one or two characters from the comics as regulars on the show. It would be cool if they used the show to bring back Dum dum Dugan for example.

roughrider
Because it's not so much about SHIELD as it is a Level 7 splinter group, acting independent of the primary body. You read SHIELD in the comics, and it's about Nick Fury,Maria Hill and their close compatriots. But that would be an even more expensive show, and you can't get Samuel Jackson for more than a fleeting cameo.

They might have to move up the reveal of what's really going on with Coulson, to goose ratings.

JayDaDon
Well they don't need Sam Jackson, I'm getting more than enough of him as it is with all the movies. But they got a whole big universe to deal with. They can use this show to introduce more onscreen versions of comic characters. The show is still new but they need to throw a piece of bait out there to keep people hanging on.

janus77
A S.H.I.E.L.D. / AIM war would be the most obvious (and interesting) way to plot it out for a few seasons.

Lots of Alias like espionage, but with the occasional superpowered agent/adversary.

Lots of globe hopping, visiting various bases around the world, then towards the end of each season a big "World in Peril" threat having to be unravelled before it actually gets serious (because otherwise it would strain credulity that in a world where The Avengers exist, a S.H.I.E.L.D. sub unit would be handling such things.

DARTH POWER
Come on, Arrow? sad

Dude Arrow's frigging awesome. I can never wait for the next episode. Unfortunately I can wait for the next SHIELD episode.

janus77
Dude Arrow's frigging awesome. I can never wait for the next episode. Unfortunately I can wait for the next SHIELD episode.
Not saying MAOS is all that great but I've seen better dialogue, characterisation and acting in that Sci-fy masterpiece with the Sharktopus in it.

Also, that Sharktopus looked much more threatening than "The Hood".

The LOSTesque island bits are the only bits of action that actually work, mostly 'cos that Ausie-Brit-whatever (can't tell from his "accent"wink that plays Slade has all the charisma this show can muster.

Kazenji

ares834
Saw that. It's an awesome idea. This is what I was hoping for SHIELD.

Kazenji
Just read that ep going to be directed by Jonathan Frakes

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48893

DARTH POWER
Guess I better watch Thor 2 before November 19 then

BruceSkywalker
Guess I better watch Thor 2 before November 19 then

prolly wouldn't even matter. stick out tongue

they'll prolly just mention thor and malekith and then when the ratings come out the ep will do slightly better than it has been big grin

nimbus006
Tonight's episode was by far the best across the board; story, acting, references to the rest of the MCU, and character development were all solid. It's the first time I didn't find Ward and a Sky to be incredibly annoying. Starting to show promise.

Kazenji
Really now?

looks like they needed that break.

SpaceMonkey
Yeah, I agree. Tonight's episode was pretty intense and the acting, story and just the entire feel of the show was different. Better. I hope they've turned a corner, even though I've liked the show so far.

janus77
Definitely a significant improvement in scripting and acting now. Still not a fan of Agent May (her "silent but violent" character just comes across as an absence of character - and an easy way to not integrate her at all).

Simmons though, I think she's a much more interesting character. Like a grown up Hermoine, just specialising in biochemistry rather than magic.

Fitz is getting a little more fleshed out too, they should both be much more rounded characters rather than "the science guy" and comic relief for the Coulsen, generic Alpha-male and geeky-sexy female core.

Firefly218
I don't understand the intense dislike people have towards Ward and Skye. They aren't incredibly interesting as of yet, but how are they annoying? These actors don't have much experience, before AOS, so just give em some time to grow into their roles

BruceSkywalker
last nights ep was ok, it was written good but still this show needs to get better..

Originally posted by Firefly218
I don't understand the intense dislike people have towards Ward and Skye. They aren't incredibly interesting as of yet, but how are they annoying? These actors don't have much experience, before AOS, so just give em some time to grow into their roles

its because both s*ck

JayDaDon
That was a strong episode in terms of character development. Looked like Fitz has a thing for Sky at the beginning.

tkitna
I like Sky. Dont know why all the hate.

I'd love to see Black Widow make a guest appearance and beat the crap out of May though. I just dont dig the hard ass attitude.

CPT Space Bomb
Overall I enjoy the show. I think the characters are FINALLY starting to make sense.

Last episode was perhaps the most important one so far. It was tense, and for the first time I felt emotionally connected to the team's plight. Agent May still isn't doing it for me. Too deadpan. However, when (I'm assuming here) we find out the reason behind her "never loosen up attitue" it will probably make more sense.

I dunno. I certainly don't think it's the best show on tv. But it doesn't have to be. So far, it's been an enjoyable ride with characters I'm starting to enjoy more as the season goes on. The cameos and references are nice and the skydiving scene was one of the best so far in the series.

Season grade so far 4/5 stars.

Kazenji
Victoria Hand in next weeks episode

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48975

Firefly218
If the keeps getting better like this on a consistent basis we are in for one hell of a season finale

nimbus006

For me it's just a lack of charm and charisma mixed in with mediocre acting/over acting, and corny lines/bad dialogue. I don't hate them, but they haven't engaged me in anyway until this last episode.

I find the rest of the team to be quite enjoyable.

DARTH POWER
Might stop watching this. Because just watching it for the sake of it now really.

CPT Space Bomb
Might stop watching this. Because just watching it for the sake of it now really. Um. Okay? No one is gonna stop you from not watching it. Funny though that you mention this after most of us just got done saying the last episode was the best so far...

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Um. Okay? No one is gonna stop you from not watching it. Funny though that you mention this after most of us just got done saying the last episode was the best so far.

Maybe I'm a week behind. The last one I've seen was with the Chitari virus. Don't see what was so good about it tbh. There's just not been one episode in the first quater of the season that I can say "that was frigging awesome". The highlight for me was probably the creation of Graviton, and that's just as a comic book Nerd. Don't see why your general audience would be excited by that.

I've praised Thor 2 more than most. And Avengers; Thor and Iron Man are amongst my top favorite comic book movies of all time. Doesn't mean I have to worship any crap Marvel studios comes out with. I've even given this show a chance week after week because I generally love Joss Whedon shows. But he seems to have lost his Mojo for this.

I'll look out for any major cameos and exceptionally well reviewed episodes. But aside from that wasting an hour every week in hopes of the show getting better isn't exactly the best use of my time.

CPT Space Bomb
I've praised Thor 2 more than most. And Avengers; Thor and Iron Man are amongst my top favorite comic book movies of all time.So? what does that have to do with anything? Also, that's not true. Thor 2 got an 86% audience approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. And a good Imdb score as well. Most normal people that watched it liked it.Well, no one is asking you to. But this show is hardly crap. If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. My point is, it's starting to pick up the last couple episodes...so leaving now would be a bit premature on most people's accounts.
It sounds to me like you're just wanting to see superheroes all the time or cameos...that's not what the show is about. This was supposed to be a show about shield and how it handles threats on a normal "human" operating level. Expecting it to be anything else means you went in with the wrong expectations.

Personally, on a Tuesday night I don't have anything better to do for that hour, and I enjoy the show. Is it the best? No, but to me it's still fun to watch and it's starting to grow on me.

ares834
Well, as last week show showed us, when it takes itself seriously and sidelines Skye it is vastly more entertaining. Sadly, I don't think they are going to do that.

janus77
It's not so much Skye that's the issue, it's the focus. They have been too focussed on Skye as the audience's surrogate in the wacky world of SHIELD. Her relationship with Coulson, the spy-guy and with SHIELD's s.o.p. and then on top of that, her subversive activities with Rising Tide...

It was just too much of the show's focus being placed upon narratives and interactions central to one new character.

The Alphas approach was better, the traditional thing of having a bunch of characters come together, fight against some evil, then slowly each one has their back-story come to the fore as a bad-guy/new relationship/obstacle for the new group.

Oh and much much more Simmons. She's quite ... fascinating.

Inhuman
Hope they address the beast from the frost giants world running around london

The Sorrow
Simmons though
thumb up

DARTH POWER
So? what does that have to do with anything? Also, that's not true. Thor 2 got an 86% audience approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

It's 66% on RT. Not that I care what critics think.

And a good Imdb score as well. Most normal people that watched it liked it.

Most normal people liked it. I loved it. So like I said I've praised it more than most.

It sounds to me like you're just wanting to see superheroes all the time or cameos...that's not what the show is about. This was supposed to be a show about shield and how it handles threats on a normal "human" operating level. Expecting it to be anything else means you went in with the wrong expectations.

Maybe I was expecting more super powered heroes to be around. But then I love Arrow and that hasn't displayed any superpowers up until now. So that's not a requirement for me to enjoy a comic book based tv series.

Personally, on a Tuesday night I don't have anything better to do for that hour, and I enjoy the show. Is it the best? No, but to me it's still fun to watch and it's starting to grow on me.

Ah well it's Friday night here, repeated on Saturday. The Graviton episode was still the best one for me. I'm sure when Whedon gives more time and focus to this it will vastly improve. The guy's a genius, just not sure where his genius has been hiding with this show thus far.

CPT Space Bomb
It's 66% on RT. Not that I care what critics think.
That's why I pointed out the AUDIENCE score was 86%. Which I agree with you; the critcis on rt are getting worse all the time when it comes to super hero flicks.

Man of Steel was also recieved 20 points higher by the audience than the critics...both MOS and Thor: The Dark World are much better films than rt critics make you think

DARTH POWER
That's why I pointed out the AUDIENCE score was 86%. Which I agree with you; the critcis on rt are getting worse all the time when it comes to super hero flicks.

Man of Steel was also recieved 20 points higher by the audience than the critics...both MOS and Thor: The Dark World are much better films than rt critics make you think

thumb up

bats2jm
did anyone read this article http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2013/11/11/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-is-the-show-it-was-always-going-to-be/
good read.

Kazenji
I have now

agree with it too regarding people expecting it to be something else.

DARTH POWER
I was personally expecting an "Alphas" type show. I knew the team would be "Agents" with no powers, but I was also expecting regular cameos and help from super powered heroes, preferably with names we recognize.

Still that's not what the complaints are about. I think we were just expecting a better "quality" show from Whedon and Marvel studios. Something as entertaining as Arrow (which incidentally also has no super powered heroes so far).

But then to be fair, can't expect everything Marvel comes out with to be "the best thing ever!"

janus77
Still that's not what the complaints are about. I think we were just expecting a better "quality" show from Whedon and Marvel studios. Something as entertaining as Arrow (which incidentally also has no super powered heroes so far).
Laurel's super-power to suck the life out of the show, whenever she's on screen?

I was expecting something good (that is, much much better than Arrow stick out tongue), what I've seen so far is mediocre, sometimes embarrassingly tedious and cliche and only in the last few episodes has it raised itself upto the dizzy heights of "fairly good".

They should ditch May, give Coulson either more friction with SHIELD or some more action and presence (his character is fairly laid-back anyway but with the near death experience he's become like a "Zen monk" or something, totally ill-suited to an action show), shove Skye to the periphery along with her action-man mentor, develop Fitz a little more and give Simmons prominence as the leading female on the show.

And then, sprinkle guys like Power Man, IF, DareDevil, Peter Parker, Black Widow, Ms Marvel and others in amongst the various arcs.

BruceSkywalker
this show need lesbionics methinks...

stick out tongue

DARTH POWER

stick out tongue

If all else fails..

ares834
They should ditch May, give Coulson either more friction with SHIELD or some more action and presence (his character is fairly laid-back anyway but with the near death experience he's become like a "Zen monk" or something, totally ill-suited to an action show), shove Skye to the periphery along with her action-man mentor, develop Fitz a little more and give Simmons prominence as the leading female on the show.

And then, sprinkle guys like Power Man, IF, DareDevil, Peter Parker, Black Widow, Ms Marvel and others in amongst the various arcs.

thumb up

This would make the show vastly better.

roughrider
Victoria Hand made her first ever live action appearance, played by Saffron Burrows!

janus77
Originally posted by roughrider
Victoria Hand made her first ever live action appearance, played by Saffron Burrows!
sigh, she used to look good.

Anyway, will look out for the episode.

janus77

stick out tongue
Skye and Simmons! yes

It's like Faith and (pre-Wicca) Willow...

The latest episode, is pretty much exactly the type of show I expected MAOS to be. Very good, strong acting and action, decent amount of humour, broader SHIELD context and interaction, bureaucratic friction and lots of dark secrets.

CPT Space Bomb
Skye and Simmons! yes

The latest episode, is pretty much exactly the type of show I expected MAOS to be. Very good, strong acting and action, decent amount of humour, broader SHIELD context and interaction, bureaucratic friction and lots of dark secrets. Yah, pretty good episode. Simmons shooting the shield guy and getting a kick out of it was funny.

roughrider
sigh, she used to look good.

Anyway, will look out for the episode.

Saffron Burrows isn't the hottest actress, it's true. Her Victoria Hand didn't have the drool factor Cobie Smulders brought to Maria Hill.

SpaceMonkey
Skye and Simmons! yes

The latest episode, is pretty much exactly the type of show I expected MAOS to be. Very good, strong acting and action, decent amount of humour, broader SHIELD context and interaction, bureaucratic friction and lots of dark secrets.

Yeah, the show seems to be picking up steam. I hope they keep it up.

Badabing
I really liked the last episode. things are moving along nicely.

BruceSkywalker
last night,......

this show has porn star quality acting and porn star quality writing.. I thought last week the writing was slightly improving however last night they regressed.

Joss Whedon as SHOWRUNNER needs to either fire the so called writers or simply take control of those duties.. Afterall he did find time to re write some of Thor The Dark World.

Skye is so useless, even Penelope from Criminal Minds is a far better hacker than she is. Also I constantly laughed out loud when they kept on saying "its classified"..

Kazenji
Calm down Bruce.

BruceSkywalker
Calm down Bruce.

im fine until next week's ep stick out tongue

nimbus006
Anyone pick up the "he's acting like a robot version of himself" foreshadow? shifty

janus77
Originally posted by nimbus006
Anyone pick up the "he's acting like a robot version of himself" foreshadow? shifty
Yes, the LMD thing was sort of 'suggested' by the first episode.

He has wounds and seems to have emotional scars too, so I'm guessing it's not an LMD, atleast I hope now.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch for SHIELD to be able to heal the injuries Loki inflicted.

nimbus006
Yes, the LMD thing was sort of 'suggested' by the first episode.

He has wounds and seems to have emotional scars too, so I'm guessing it's not an LMD, atleast I hope now.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch for SHIELD to be able to heal the injuries Loki inflicted.

Him being an LMD just for the sake of it would be kind of pointless. There has to be something more to it. You don't think they're hinting at him possibly being Vision?

janus77
Originally posted by nimbus006
Him being an LMD just for the sake of it would be kind of pointless. There has to be something more to it. You don't think they're hinting at him possibly being Vision?
Nah, I think that'd be risky, bearing in mind the possibility of there being a Vision in the next Avengers movie. You don't want to dampen the excitement with him appearing in MAOS for a few episodes.

Also, don't really think anything is specifically pointing that way, more like LMD (at the most) or just a poorly executed hinting of the internal turmoil going on as a result of his "near death experience".

LMD makes sense in that the others hint at him not knowing exactly what's happened to him, that he has less information than they do. It would be reasonable to go from there to the idea that they uploaded his brain pattern/conscience/mind into an LMD and he thinks he was in Tahiti recovering from the Loki-poky.

Inhuman
Hes been throwing a lot of hints in every show.

"im a bit rusty", "my iron level is a little high" etc

he also keeps saying "Tahiti is a magical place".

They can be going for a LMD/android/tech approach OR Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch, the ancient one or another magic user that could pave the way for the introduction of "magic". (being the way he was saved)

Firefly218
Its pretty obvious Dr. Strange healed coulson using magic

BruceSkywalker
Its pretty obvious Dr. Strange healed coulson using magic

no it isn't since people tune out each week stick out tongue

DARTH POWER
Ok glad I watched 1 more. This was much better.

Firefly218
Shouldnt this thread be in the TV forum. You know, since its a TV show

CPT Space Bomb
Here is a sneak peak of the next episode, and it is directly tied to the aftermath of Thor: The Dark World...pretty neat. http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/180371-see-the-fallout-of-thor-the-dark-world-in-new-agents-of-shield-clip

CPT Space Bomb
Wow. I really enjoyed this episode!
The entire episode revolved around Asgardian lore/tech and it's effects on our culture and ourselves.... Seeing Ward "Hulk out" at the end, and finding out the Professor was actually an Asgardian himself....awesome. I was disappointed with Ward going for agent "I am a robot" May at the end; though, I suspect it may have had something to do with the staff....

roughrider
Wow. I really enjoyed this episode!
The entire episode revolved around Asgardian lore/tech and it's effects on our culture and ourselves.... Seeing Ward "Hulk out" at the end, and finding out the Professor was actually an Asgardian himself....awesome. I was disappointed with Ward going for agent "I am a robot" May at the end; though, I suspect it may have had something to do with the staff....

Yeah, I think it might have been the best episode to date! See how current and in sync Marvel is, setting this right after the end of Thor: The Dark World, which opened only two weeks ago. Lots of cute wisecracks about Asgard needing to send the God Of Cleaning Up After Yourself for once, as SHIELD is cleaning up the ruins of Greenwich. Also relevant that it's a Norwegian Hate Group that got ahold of the Berserker staff; reminds me of that Norwegian extremist who was gunning down people there a couple of years ago, claiming his fascist stance was the tip of the iceberg.

janus77
Good episode. May's being given something to emote now. Which is good, since she's definitely going to be part of the crew. Less Skye = better smile.

Ward, even though he took centre stage, wasn't really interesting and his childhood trauma is sooooooo boring. Embarrassing, really.

Coulson and the biscuit was excellent stuff, Coulson's beginning to solidify all those vague hints at something being off...

Simmons ... not enough Simmons sad Nor Fitz, but mostly not enough Simmons.

BruceSkywalker
the thorcentric ep,, writing was ok,, acting still of pornstar variety..

brett dalton overacts, the two foreign actors need to go.. i could not buy peter macnichol as an asgardian at all

CPT Space Bomb
the thorcentric ep,, writing was ok,, acting still of pornstar variety..

brett dalton overacts, the two foreign actors need to go.. i could not buy peter macnichol as an asgardian at all Lol, Okay. laughing out loud

The Sorrow
Good stuff, enjoyed the new episode. More plotlines from the films and the cinematic universe should be tied into the series imo. Not necessarily the driving point of the episode, but at least with some kind of relevance.

May is a badass. Favourite member of the team. Simmons is growing on me lol I still don't care for Ward or Skye, her especially she grates on me pretty much everytime shes on screen. Ward I can tolerate because he can fight and has real uses to the group.

Kazenji
Setting this right after the end of Thor: The Dark World, which opened only two weeks ago.

Depending on where you live of course

but yeah this ep was pretty good

reading the season finale's episodes takes place after The Winter Soldier

http://screenrant.com/captain-america-2-agents-of-shield-connections/

Mindship
...God Of Cleaning Up After Yourself...This had me rotf. Probably the best line that's going to come from this series.

GOCUAY.

Gold, Jerry. Gold.

Firefly218
episode was still kinda average overall, I'm disappointed in the wasted potential

roughrider
Originally posted by Mindship
This had me rotf. Probably the best line that's going to come from this series.

GOCUAY.

Gold, Jerry. Gold.

Yeah, Coulson should remember his place! Asgardians: "We're saving the universe constantly, puny mortals! We haven't the time to clean up your planet. Besides, you should see the damage to the realm eternal!" stick out tongue

bats2jm
Good episode I actually like MAOS but man does this show get hate on the net.

Firefly218
I like it, but I'm just saying that it could be so much better

Inhuman
I like it, but I'm just saying that it could be so much better

What would you change/add to make it better?

DARTH POWER
Good episode. They need to keep the show at this level of entertainment.

BruceSkywalker
Good episode. They need to keep the show at this level of entertainment.

if they did that then there would be nothing for us to complain about big grin

BruceSkywalker
this show continues to be written poorly.. Either Joss Whedon should fire himself or whoever the alleged writers are.. I nearly spit out my green tea that i was drinking when Skye said she didn;t believe people who could read minds/ move things with their minds doesn't exist.. Like hello you twit the battle of New York, Extremis which has been mentioned all throughout previous episodes, just last week with the Thorcentric episode.. still porn star quality acting .. no wonder people tuned in to watch Rudoplh last night

bats2jm
ratings is up that's good.

bats2jm

honestly why are you even watching this show?

Firefly218
Show continues to get better
watch out DC

DARTH POWER
I don't know about ratings. SHEILD just started off really high with ratings whilst Arrow did not iirc. But I terms of Quality, Arrow's so far ahead of this show it's ridiculous.

bats2jm
I don't know about ratings. SHEILD just started off really high with ratings whilst Arrow did not iirc. But I terms of Quality, Arrow's so far ahead of this show it's ridiculous.
Why when anyone talks about MAOS people always bring up and compare it to Arrow what does Arrow have to do with shield? This happen all over the internet. Are they even the same type of show?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by bats2jm
Why when anyone talks about MAOS people always bring up and compare it to Arrow what does Arrow have to do with shield? This happen all over the internet. Are they even the same type of show?

Read the comment I was quoting.

Arrow is the big DC show on atm.

It's the same reason people going on about how lame DC heroes are on the big screen on a Thor movie thread.

bats2jm
Read the comment I was quoting.

Arrow is the big DC show on atm.

It's the same reason people going on about how lame DC heroes are on the big screen on a Thor movie thread.
So you retaliate by say how lame marvel show or on tv got it, don't really care about marvel vs dc bs. I watch them both I like them both.

DARTH POWER
So you retaliate by say how lame marvel show or on tv got it,

Lol was hardly a retaliation. If someone was putting Marvel characters down I'd respond the same. Just nowadays seems to be a lot of DC hate going around. But fact is I'm not that impressed with SHIELD. Found it a bit of a disappointment tbh. So SHIELD fans saying "DC better watch out," sounds kind of laughable to me.

But surprisingly I've checked and SHIELD had more viewers than Arrow. Even though Arrow's supposed to be the most watched show on CW I believe.

Cool same here. But I actually want them to compete so we get better shows and movies.

bats2jm
Lol was hardly a retaliation. If someone was putting Marvel characters down I'd respond the same. Just nowadays seems to be a lot of DC hate going around. But fact is I'm not that impressed with SHIELD. Found it a bit of a disappointment tbh. So SHIELD fans saying "DC better watch out," sounds kind of laughable to me.

But surprisingly I've checked and SHIELD had more viewers than Arrow. Even though Arrow's supposed to be the most watched show on CW I believe.

Cool same here. But I actually want them to compete so we get better shows and movies.
thumb up

CPT Space Bomb
Can we all get back on track please....

Anyway, last episode was pretty awesome. Good humor (not as over the top as it's been) and an interesting plot.

Seeing May finally show some personality was cool too. All in all a very good episode and interested to see what the next one has in store.

Kazenji
A leader of a Hindu organization is calling on ABC Television Network and Marvel to apologize after an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. suggested the god Vishnu could be an alien

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/11/29/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-upsets-hindu-group/

just stupid.....as someone said elsewhere

don't see the Norwegian's pissed about Thor.

bats2jm
A leader of a Hindu organization is calling on ABC Television Network and Marvel to apologize after an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. suggested the god Vishnu could be an alien

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/11/29/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-upsets-hindu-group/

Saw this but its silly and to be honest Vishu does look like what we think and alien would look like ( she is blue with four arms).

DARTH POWER
Show's more like what I was originally expecting of it now. Sort of like Alphas, but with the agents being non-super powered themselves of course.

Still feel they need to put effort into making the characters more lovable. And this show could also do with a good ongoing villain and plot (something more that just "what happened to Coulson?"wink.

Firefly218

Difference is hindus still believe in that mythology, its there religion

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>