Marvel vs. Dc...in court

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
Judge: Judge Dredd
Executioner: Punisher armed with a gun from saint of killers

Trials has a limit of 1 month to reach a verdict
1 month limit for preliminary investigation

Marvel Legal Team: Matt Murdock, Jennifer Walters
Investigation: multiple man
DC Legal Team: Kate Spencer, a sane Harvey Dent
Investigation: Ralph Dibney and Question

P: prosecutor
D: defense

Case 1: Hulk's property destruction/ p=dc d=marvel
Case 2: Wonderwoman killing Max Lord/ p=marvel, d=dc
Case 3: Otto Octavius murdering Peter Parker via body takeover /p=marvel, d=dc
Case 3: Cyclops murdering Charles Xavier/ p=dc, d=marvel

dynamix
Going with team Marvel. Jen served as an attorney for some kind of Cosmic triall right?

Inhuman
Originally posted by dynamix
Going with team Marvel. Jen served as an attorney for some kind of Cosmic triall right?

but matt is blind

Odekahn
Honestly, I'm more impressed with Marvel's legal team. Enough so that they get the win.

DarkSaint85
Case 1: DC wins (Hulk gets sent down, maybe).
Case 2big grinC wins. (Wonder Woman is let off)
Case 3: Marvel wins (Otto is found guilty)
Case 4: DC wins (Cyclops is guilty).

For cases 1,2 and 4, the question and Ralph can just go to the afterlife and ask the victims directly. In case 1, depends on whether you believe Cho....whixh would upgrade it ftom property damage to murder. In case 2, the footage of Max Lord admitting under the lasso of truth can be used.

In case 3, multiple man would find it out easily.

In other words, I place more faith in the investigators.

Q99
On case four, 'possession by a cosmic entity' is a known defense in DC, so that will be a hard case to push. It will be easy to cite the precedent of Hal Jordan and Parallax.

Wonder Woman's case is too easy- the only complication is she doesn't want to use all the evidence, but the circumstance of an imminent danger and the defendant using a magic anti-lie power to tell that the deceased believed the only way to stop him was to kill him... it's not the hardest defense to make.

ares834
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Case 1: DC wins (Hulk gets sent down, maybe).
Case 2: DC wins. (Wonder Woman is let off)
Case 3: Marvel wins (Otto is found guilty)
Case 4: DC wins (Cyclops is guilty).

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Q99
On case four, 'possession by a cosmic entity' is a known defense in DC, so that will be a hard case to push. It will be easy to cite the precedent of Hal Jordan and Parallax.

Wonder Woman's case is too easy- the only complication is she doesn't want to use all the evidence, but the circumstance of an imminent danger and the defendant using a magic anti-lie power to tell that the deceased believed the only way to stop him was to kill him... it's not the hardest defense to make.

True - but against that, Cyclops had for months prior been taking more of a militant mutant stance, which was contrary to X's ideals - he even had a Hell Lord, a White Queen, the on/off terrorist nation leader Namor, an avatar of destruction and Magneto on his payroll, as part of his 'Extinction' team.

The defence will have a fairly hard time with that, and it of course depends on the judge. And based on what I've seen of Dredd, he'd likely enforce the letter of the law.

Q99
Yes, but still fighting legit villains and such. Former villains is not a disqualifier.

While it may be brought up, I think their pre-phoenix actions make for a fairly solid defense of them.

Which I think may side on either side here- hanging out with former criminals, yes, but not being involved in criminal acts pre-possession, and as the head of state of the island he had the right to allow them in.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Q99
Yes, but still fighting legit villains and such. Former villains is not a disqualifier.

While it may be brought up, I think their pre-phoenix actions make for a fairly solid defense of them.

Which I think may side on either side here- hanging out with former criminals, yes, but not being involved in criminal acts pre-possession, and as the head of state of the island he had the right to allow them in.

True.

Cyclops may be iffy, then, as the investigators wouldn't be able to turn up anything conclusive (short of Prof X testifying that he did indeed feel the original Scott as the guiding hand behind his murder - which is unlikely).

Without the hard facts, then it would be down to the lawyers. And I rate Team Marvel's lawyers over DC's.

Q99
Additionally, Professor X has worked with every last one of Cyc's crew and declared them ok.

Flyattractor
You made the judge JUDGE DREDD!?

I can guarantee you it HE wouldn't let this run on for more then 10 minutes and they are all gonna wind up doing time regardless of who the lawyer is....Hell the Laywers are gonna get fined guily too!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.