Doctors vs. Reeds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Doctor Strange (classic)
PC Dr. Fate
Doctor Doom
Doctor Who
The Doctor
Dr. Manhattan

Vs.

Reed Richards (616)
Reed Richards (Ultimate)
Council of Reeds

1 week of prep for both teams

Who wins?

juggerman
The mulitverse implodes

Digi
laughing out loud

This is me not biting. Let's just say there's too much abstract potential here to make an accurate determination, and call it a day, yeah?

Originally posted by juggerman
The mulitverse implodes

thumb up

Magnon
Doom is not a doctor.

Reed's Ph.D. work got him and his friends to the stars, gave them cool superpowers, and won Reed a hot girl.

Doom's attempted Ph.D. work blew up, ruined his face, and got him kicked out of the university.

Reeds FTW.

Golgo13
Doom and fate.

Uriel005
too many variables. Each side will Deus Ex eachother. Have to say that team 1 has a major advantage due to time manip, future precog, and magic. Reed can definitely counter what team 1 has to offer but conversely between The Doctor, Doctor Who, and Doom most of what they prep can be either countered on the spot or precognitively countered as such a thing would most definitely register on the wibbly wobbly of space time and team 1 has people who can pick up on that. Furthermore with wildstorms Doctor they have a reality manipulator who is intelligent enough to basically deliver any and all resources needed to team 1. But then team 2 probably has enough counters built in with all the Reeds.

TLDR the whole thing is a moot point. Either team can wipe the other in a heartbeat under the stips. Less prep time say 10 minutes team 1 definitely takes it though.

Digi
Wildstorm Doctor isn't a reality manipulator. The way his powers work, it seems like he is, but trust me that he isn't. Powerful matter and time manipulator, yes. But that's all.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Digi
Wildstorm Doctor isn't a reality manipulator. The way his powers work, it seems like he is, but trust me that he isn't. Powerful matter and time manipulator, yes. But that's all. for all intents and purposes he is... but the point is moot anyways he still can provide team 1 with any and all resources they could ever want.

Digi
Originally posted by Uriel005
for all intents and purposes he is... but the point is moot anyways he still can provide team 1 with any and all resources they could ever want.

Fair enough.

Mindset
Originally posted by Magnon
Doom is not a doctor.

Reed's Ph.D. work got him and his friends to the stars, gave them cool superpowers, and won Reed a hot girl.

Doom's attempted Ph.D. work blew up, ruined his face, and got him kicked out of the university.

Reeds FTW. Actually, Ben Grimm messed with Doom's machine.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Magnon
Doom is not a doctor.
His title says otherwise. Also, the fact that being the head of Latveria, he can just easily award himself with a doctorate anytime of the day he feels like.

TheGodKiller
@everyoneElse: As far as Doctor Who goes, don't listen to anything Digi has to say. He is to the Doctor, what quan is to Thanos, amplified a quadrillion times. Without a shadow of a doubt. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
@everyoneElse: As far as Doctor Who goes, don't listen to anything Digi has to say. He is to the Doctor, what quan is to Thanos, amplified a quadrillion times. Without a shadow of a doubt. thumb up

I heard he doesn't even read comics thumb up

Insane Titan
If the council of reeds have access to there stuff they shit stomp

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I heard he doesn't even read comics thumb up
Yeah. That guy is the most reliable source of false propaganda when it comes to the good ol' Doctor.

Digi
Originally posted by TheGodKiller

Good story brah.

laughing out loud

This is me not biting. Let's just say there's too much abstract potential here to make an accurate determination, and call it a day, yeah?

TheGodKiller
^Clearly a deceptive tactic to lure in innocent newbies for you to troll and drain dry of their pure, innocenty innocence.

Ugh, you're such a sick monster. sick

Uriel005
Originally posted by Insane Titan
If the council of reeds have access to there stuff they shit stomp Tardis is technically it's own dimension universe so Dr. Who matches the council there. As far as feats goes he matches most of Reed's feats that he would pull off in an entire story arch in an episode or two spanning a few days... or if you want to talk comics Dr. Who within an issue or two rather than an event. It's just the nature of the character. Dr. Who does not operate in a universe of problem solvers there may be perhaps 2 or 3 other active players in the Who universe so when a universal threat/multi-universal threat shows up guess WHO has to deal with it.

So to be fair it's really not a fair comparison considering that the current Dr. enemy in the TV series is actually Yog-Sothoth of Lovecrafts Great Old Ones as it has been turned into the Great intelligence. This is actually cannon the Great Intelligence was Yog before being cast out by the other Great Old Ones.

Furthermore it is assumed the Doctor is in fact The Other who is one of the 3 major founders of Time Lord Lore the others being Omega and Rassilon. Mind you Omega was essentially a Demon Lord in terms of his power in the anti-matter universe and even while material had a gauntlet weapon capable of throwing galaxies. Rassillon was the ruler and lord President of the Time Lords. The Other is generally accepted to be superior to either... Furthermore the Dr. Has all of space and time running through his head should he choose to access it. He can see every choice that has been made, could be made, and must not be made. His greatest limitation is himself because he fears what he would do with his great pride.

LeonBuco666
The doctor owns hard. Simple

Digi
I actually think Uriel is overstating the Doctor's power a little bit. That stuff about being able to see all of time and space at once is - I'm pretty sure - false (but I know where you're getting the idea, Uriel, I just think it's an incorrect interpretation). But most of what he said is correct, though.

Uriel005
I actually think Uriel is overstating the Doctor's power a little bit. That stuff about being able to see all of time and space at once is - I'm pretty sure - false (but I know where you're getting the idea, Uriel, I just think it's an incorrect interpretation). But most of what he said is correct, though. kinda not really. it comes from a few books and the shows not just a one off deal. He can see it all he chooses not too also it would make him more than a little crazy. Still possible for him

Digi
kinda not really. it comes from a few books and the shows not just a one off deal. He can see it all he chooses not too also it would make him more than a little crazy. Still possible for him

But then when he took the time-space entirety into himself (Eccelston's regeneration) he burned up.

The one time he references it in the show (that I remember) it was more about seeing the "lines" of time, in reference to fixed points in history (It was in the Fires of Pompeii). It wasn't about knowing every possible outcome.

Mindset
Uriel is wrong.

Digi is right.

Uriel005
But then when he took the time-space entirety into himself (Eccelston's regeneration) he burned up.

The one time he references it in the show (that I remember) it was more about seeing the "lines" of time, in reference to fixed points in history (It was in the Fires of Pompeii). It wasn't about knowing every possible outcome. Bad writing needed because 9th wanted out. In general he can see time as it occurs and every deviation thereof it's been in a few of the comics and its been more and more common in the television series. 10th doctor in particular it comes up several times that he is seeing all time lines simultaneously. Of particular note off the top of my head was the christmas special the waters of mars when he saves the life of the few crew members he sees the newspaper changes remembers it and sees every variation thereof. Also it came up in the comics midway through the 10th doctor run. not sure if I even still have the Who comics but I'll check when I get home in December.

Mindset
Uriel is lying.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Mindset
Uriel is lying. he even explains it outright to Donna as well as she's burning out just from being a timelord. The process of moving from childhood to adulthood is looking into the untempered schism... and that is a much bigger rip than the little one sitting at the heart of the tardis which allows the timelords to experience well... everything kinda what everyone thought drove the Master mad before it was discovered to be Rassillon dickery. Also what was killing Rose was not just the vortex. It was the entity of the Tardis itself combined with gazing into time itself... Something that had the power to sustain a microcosm in a collapsing universe and keep looping time as it exploded again and again and again is not meant to be in a human head.

Bouboumaster
Reeds stomp.

Utrigita
Reeds ftw.

Endless Mike
I'm pretty sure team 1 can come up with something at least as dangerous as those mad Celestials.

Digi
he even explains it outright to Donna as well as she's burning out just from being a timelord. The process of moving from childhood to adulthood is looking into the untempered schism... and that is a much bigger rip than the little one sitting at the heart of the tardis which allows the timelords to experience well... everything kinda what everyone thought drove the Master mad before it was discovered to be Rassillon dickery. Also what was killing Rose was not just the vortex. It was the entity of the Tardis itself combined with gazing into time itself... Something that had the power to sustain a microcosm in a collapsing universe and keep looping time as it exploded again and again and again is not meant to be in a human head.

In none of the instances you mention is it clear that he can see every potential outcome beforehand. In a couple cases, it's even self-refuting, because he doesn't "see" the one lady killing herself at the end of Waters of Mars. And the schism isn't the same as as the entirety of space-time being inside you at all times. He can perceive time as it unfolds, and see things like fixed points. That's about as far as we can say without getting wildly speculative.

What you're talking about is omniscience, which is silly even by the Doctor's standards.

Lastly, "lol bad writing" doesn't change primary canon by the most influential showrunner in the show's history. I refuse to concede the Eccelston point.

Bouboumaster
One Reed would do something crazy, try to think what a bunch of Reed, bent on murder and destruction, would do.

This shit is so insane that I can't even think of something. Like, they would make an Anti-Living Tribunal suit with Ultimate Nulliefer at the ends of every single fingers, or something like that. And they would put guns. A lot of guns. And then put guns on top of the guns.

There's not enough ray guns for a Reed Richards. Let alone for a bunch of them.

Digi
You're talking to yourself at this point, I think, Boubou.

Magnon
Originally posted by Mindset
Actually, Ben Grimm messed with Doom's machine.

Good point. Are Reeds allowed to use Ben Grimm in this fight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.