Strength contest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman-Prime
Inspired by DCNU Supes vs SS.

Who can....

....lift the greatest weight

....destroy the largest object

....punch through the hardest object

Max Herald level beings (WBH as trans is an exception).

Silent Master
If mad enough, the Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Purely strength? Then Hulk in all.

Batman-Prime
What about going by feats in each category, who has displayed the best feat in each category?

celeyhyga17
Too complicated...
Can u give even more specific rules?

Batman-Prime
I try^^.

Who can....

....lift the greatest weight (who has the best lifting feat)

....destroy the largest object (who has the best busting feat)

....punch through the hardest object (who has the best penetration feat)

LeonBuco666
Potentially the hulk, but by feats, probably superman.

Galan007
As far as lifting feats are concerned: definitely Superman.

As far as 'busting' and 'penetration' feats are concerned: definitely Hulk.

...Unless we are talking about lifting, busting and penetrating Robin's ass... In which case: definitely Batman. thumb up

Batman-Prime

FEATS:
Ultraman lifting infinity, or if you want a more logical one, Superman benchpressing earth.

FEATS:
Grey Hulk destroying an asteroid twice the size of earth.

FEAT:
Dunno^^

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Galan007

...Unless we are talking about lifting, busting and penetrating Robin's ass... In which case: definitely Batman. thumb up

laughing out loud

Ok you have an dirty mind uhuh

But maybe that was really my fault...

ODG
As far as lifting feats are concerned: definitely Superman. wat

If it's the book of infinite pages thing you're relying on, he had Captain Marvel's help. And Ultraman basically sh@t on both of them by not only lifting it up on his own but walking around with it. If it's the benching Earth thing in DCnU, that's more of a pressing feat than a lifting feat. In which case, if pressing feats are fair game, Hyperion basically sh1ts on that.

JBL
Originally posted by ODG
wat

If it's the book of infinite pages thing you're relying on, he had Captain Marvel's help. And Ultraman basically sh@t on both of them by not only lifting it up on his own but walking around with it. If it's the benching Earth thing in DCnU, that's more of a pressing feat than a lifting feat. In which case, if pressing feats are fair game, Hyperion basically sh1ts on that. 100% true.

Galan007
Originally posted by ODG
If it's the benching Earth thing in DCnU, that's more of a pressing feat than a lifting feat.

In which case, if pressing feats are fair game, Hyperion basically sh1ts on that. Yes, I was referring to the earth-pressing feat. Although I suppose pre-Flashpoint Supes lifting infinity is far more impressive... And Ultraman lifting infinity is...well...infinitely more impressive still.

At any rate, you're right in saying that Hype's multi-universal pressing feat >g_infinity Superman's earth-pressing feat. Tbh, I'd forgotten all about Hype. thumb up

Batman-Prime
^holding something apart by being there =/= lifting/pressing it up and down.

Batman-Prime
Punching hard requires, speed, strength and technique.

Hulk punches with strength alone, yet by feats he has a lesser lifting strength and speed then Superman. He has the better punching feats though. How can that be, does he have an innate technique but is in truth weaker then Superman or is Superman just unskilled or holding back so much?

Superman being stronger and Hulk punching harder, that's interesting.

ODG
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/3015158/the-miz-and-alex-riley-laugh-o.gif

Batman-Prime
^facepalm

That's actually trolling by a butthurt sad guy^^.

pym-ftw
Herc.

Hulk.

Hulk.

Badabing

...Unless we are talking about lifting, busting and penetrating Robin's ass... In which case: definitely Batman. thumb up You're cruisin' for a bruisin' with this Batman hate. sneer

Silent Master
Originally posted by Badabing
You're cruisin' for a bruisin' with this Batman hate. sneer

Will he be as bruised as Robin? evil face

Galan007
Originally posted by Badabing
You're cruisin' for a bruisin' with this Batman hate. sneer g_nannerbone

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/3015158/the-miz-and-alex-riley-laugh-o.gif

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Its what Batman Prime does.

Going by objects being lift by pure brute strength alone... Hulk wins this.

carver9
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Herc.

Hulk.

Hulk.

Herc has some nice strength fts as well. I would put him up there with the best.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Its what Batman Prime does.

Going by objects being lift by pure brute strength alone... Hulk wins this.

What object did the Hulk lift that is heavier then what Superman lifted?

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
What object did the Hulk lift that is heavier then what Superman lifted?

What object did Superman lift?

Batman-Prime
What object did Superman lift?

Book with infinite pages and Earths weight smile. What did the Hulk lift?

Btw, Is it rude to answer a question with a question.

carver9
Book with infinite pages and Earths weight smile. What did the Hulk lift?

Superman didn't lift that. Superman and Captain Marvel lifted that. What "solo" lifting ft does Superman have?

Batman-Prime

carver9

Batman-Prime
Thats not a lifting ft, that is a pressing ft. What else you got?

Go to the gym Carver and benchpress a weight, that's exactly like lifting it.

So it counts. Now what do you got? Nothing?

carver9
Go to the gym Carver and benchpress a weight, that's exactly like lifting it.

So it counts. Now what do you got? Nothing?

Thats not a lifting ft. What lifting fts do you have? Would you like for me to post a scan starting it off?

Batman-Prime
Thats not a lifting ft. What lifting fts do you have? Would you like for me to post a scan starting it off?

That is lifting... jesus. You don't have to lift something over your head, just off the ground. I can lift more then I can benchpress.

So what do you have that is greater then Earth weight? Nothing? I thought so.

thanos-prime
A press is absolutely a lift. -_-

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by thanos-prime
A press is absolutely a lift. -_-

Works the same way, you use your strength to move an object/weight against earths gravity.

Silent Master
It's been a while, but IIRC Superman was in a sitting position during the test...how is that a lift?

carver9
That is lifting... jesus. You don't have to lift something over your head, just off the ground. I can lift more then I can benchpress.

So what do you have that is greater then Earth weight? Nothing? I thought so.

Thats not a lifting ft but lets start off at low strength fts and move our way on up.

Hulk lifts a truck.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkLifting18v22.jpg

Your turn.

Batman-Prime
Works the same way, you use your strength to move an object/weight against earths gravity.

For example, I can Deadlift 180 kg, I can benchpress 115 kg. So benchpressing is harder?^^

thanos-prime
laughing out loud

Batman-Prime
Thats not a lifting ft but lets start off at low strength fts and move our way on up.

Your turn.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114723/3303818-8459678866-31438.jpg
Superman lifting/pressing earthweight.

Your turn.

carver9
@Batman Prime,

Not a lifting ft but lets keep it going. Hulk lifts a mountain that is twice the size of the Appalachians.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12259403/Hulk2.jpg.html

Your turn.

Silent Master
Looks like I misremembered the scene...that said, why can't you post a normal sized scan?

Edit:Thank you

Batman-Prime
@Batman Prime,

Not a lifting ft but lets keep it going. Hulk lifts a mountain that is twice the size of the Appalachians.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12259403/Hulk2.jpg.html

Your turn.

Same, pure strength, Mountain <<<<<< Earthweight. Try again, harder.

Odekahn

Yeah, I lol'd.

carver9
Same, pure strength, Mountain <<<<<< Earthweight. Try again, harder.

Since we are not talking about who can bench the most. Here we have Hulk lifting Fing Fang and tossing him to the moon.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkLifting22HulkvsFinFangFoom1.jpg

Odekahn
Since we are not talking about who can bench the most. Here we have Hulk lifting Fing Fang and tossing him to the moon.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkLifting22HulkvsFinFangFoom1.jpg

Carver, stop bro. It's obvious you've never been in a gym in your life lol. Not trying to insult you, I'm actually trying to help you. Bench pressing is lifting. You have to lift it repeatedly off of your chest and into the air via the same muscles you use to punch. You are embarrassing yourself.

carver9
Originally posted by Odekahn
Carver, stop bro. It's obvious you've never been in a gym in your life lol. Not trying to insult you, I'm actually trying to help you. Bench pressing is lifting. You have to lift it repeatedly off of your chest and into the air via the same muscles you use to punch. You are embarrassing yourself.

What lifting ft scans do you have?

Branlor Swift
Jesus...

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Jesus...

I'm not accepting that scan because I know he made this thread as a bate thread to use that scan as evidence that Superman is stronger.

-Pr-
I'm not accepting that scan because I know he made this thread as a bate thread to use that scan as evidence that Superman is stronger.

You don't like feats that support Superman. Got it.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
You don't like feats that support Superman. Got it.

No, he is making bait threads.

-Pr-
No, he is making bait threads.

Because you never do that, right?

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Branlor Swift
I'm not accepting that scan because I know he made this thread as a bate thread to use that scan as evidence that Superman is stronger. Well, if being stupid helps farther your point, I guess you might as well go Down's syndrome

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Well, if being stupid helps farther your point, I guess you might as well go Down's syndrome

Sigh.

bluewaterrider
Pushing the Earth or "lifting" the Earth isn't the same as lifting anything else.

Lifting is moving an object against the force of Earth's gravity in ordinary speak.
The Earth is the ground, it is attracting the object, and you raise the object off the ground to some height despite Earth's attraction to that object.

But ... what exactly does that mean ... when there's no ground?
What force are you resisting in that case?

Where are you going to move your object (the Earth in this case) TO?
How would someone who does not possess what we term "flight" in comicspeak ever pull off the "lifting" of a planet?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Pushing the Earth or "lifting" the Earth isn't the same as lifting anything else.

Lifting is moving an object against the force of Earth's gravity in ordinary speak.
The Earth is the ground, it is attracting the object, and you raise the object off the ground to some height despite Earth's attraction to that object.

But ... what exactly does that mean ... when there's no ground?
What force are you resisting in that case?

Where are you going to move your object (the Earth in this case) TO?
How would someone who does not possess what we term "flight" in comicspeak ever pull off the "lifting" of a planet?

It is impossible to lift the earth or push the earth from the ground.

Lifting an object that lies on earth while standing or lying on the ground and pushing it up against the gravity of earth requires strength and is the same, the second being harder.

The earth would have to be on a huge planet that dwarves it for someone to be able to lift or push it if you want a classic, lift/push off the ground kind of feat. That's why the infinity book feat and the benchpress earth feat are so perfect. Superman is on earth and still lifting/pushing the earthweight.

Carv this is no bait thread, I was inspired by the discussions and wanted to hear the people opinions, there is no one I wanted to bait. As far as I know you try to bait a special person if you make a bait thread and I can't think of a single one. I wanted the opinion and insight of some posters to get the general idea.

DarkSaint85
Lifting: Superman as a baby when he lifted the 5th dimension.

Honorary mention: his mother.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

What?

celeyhyga17

DarkSaint = Abhi

ShadowFyre
First off grey hulk busting the asteroid is not a strength feat it is if anything a durability feat since he was basically shot into it. And Thor lifting the Midgard serpent away from the Earth is more impressive than benching the earth itself by far. That being said Supes and Ultramans infinity feats are obviously thebbest since thenword infinitebwas used. Thor pushing Yggdrasil or the world engine kinda craps on everyone but Hyperion.
Penetration? Not sure on feats but I would think Majestic with creation blades would be.

deathlife
What?

That was the gospel according to abhi.

Until he realized that Grant Morrison's stories are generally meth and/or cannabis inspired.

ShadowFyre
First off grey hulk busting the asteroid is not a strength feat it is if anything a durability feat since he was basically shot into it. And Thor lifting the Midgard serpent away from the Earth is more impressive than benching the earth itself by far. That being said Supes and Ultramans infinity feats are obviously thebbest since thenword infinitebwas used. Thor pushing Yggdrasil or the world engine kinda craps on everyone but Hyperion.
Penetration? Not sure on feats but I would think Majestic with creation blades would be.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
DarkSaint = Abhi

But funnier, prettier and all round his better.

abhilegend
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thor lifting midgard serpent?

laughing out loud

That got busted months ago. Also the book consisted the whole multiverse.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14776824_wholeexistanceinthebook.jpg

JBL
Wow! bench pressing is far far different than lifting weight. A bench press is aided by a support that gives leverage, the construct that superman was on acted as a counter force to aide him, common knowledge amount us gym nerds. Its the same as pushing ( pressing ) against a car and not being able to move it, then placing your back against a wall and pushing the car away. I would go into detail about 4 feats that shits on supermans benching feats, but as you know, it will be seen as hate. But here are the names of the four characters with the greater feats. Hyperion, Hulk, Gladiator and Thor.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Wow! bench pressing is far far different than lifting weight. A bench press is aided by a support that gives leverage, the construct that superman was on acted as a counter force to aide him, common knowledge amount us gym nerds. Its the same as pushing ( pressing ) against a car and not being able to move it, then placing your back against a wall and pushing the car away. I would go into detail about 4 feats that shits on supermans benching feats, but as you know, it will be seen as hate. But here are the names of the four characters with the greater feats. Hyperion, Hulk, Gladiator and Thor. laughing out loud

Sure buddy, sure.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Wow! bench pressing is far far different than lifting weight. A bench press is aided by a support that gives leverage, the construct that superman was on acted as a counter force to aide him, common knowledge amount us gym nerds. Its the same as pushing ( pressing ) against a car and not being able to move it, then placing your back against a wall and pushing the car away. I would go into detail about 4 feats that shits on supermans benching feats, but as you know, it will be seen as hate. But here are the names of the four characters with the greater feats. Hyperion, Hulk, Gladiator and Thor.

Erm...you do realise when you lift something, there's an opposite force acting through your feet against the ground, right? To aid you?

carver9
Hulk wins this, like usual.

JBL
Erm...you do realise when you lift something, there's an opposite force acting through your feet against the ground, right? To aid you? Thats different. Go look at bench pressing and a dead lifting contest. Then switch the contestants around and see what happens.

psycho gundam
a bate thread

bluewaterrider

Who can....

1) Pre-Crisis Karate Kid
(punched through inertron, if memory serves ... a material even pre-Crisis Superboy and pre-Crisis Mon-el found difficult to breach or shape)

2) Kara Zor-el, 2006, under Mark Waid.
Tackled Mon-el through Probability Conversion fields with allegedly GREATER durability than inertron, in Legion of Super-Heroes #25.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14258380
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14258386
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14258388
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14258398

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Legion of Superheroes #25, Volume 3
Writer: Mark Waid
Pencillers: Adam DeDraker and Barry Kitson
Date: February 2007
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Supergirl_and_the_Legion_of_Super-Heroes_Vol_1_25

bluewaterrider
(Click-able link version.)

Who can....

1) Pre-Crisis Karate Kid
(punched through inertron, if memory serves ... a material even pre-Crisis Superboy and pre-Crisis Mon-el found difficult to breach or shape)

2) Kara Zor-el, 2006, under Mark Waid.
Tackled Mon-el through Probability Conversion fields with allegedly GREATER durability than inertron, in Legion of Super-Heroes #25.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14258380
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14258386
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14258388
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=14258398

Source: Legion of Superheroes #25, Volume 3
Writer: Mark Waid
Pencillers: Adam DeDraker and Barry Kitson
Date: February 2007
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Supergirl_and_the_Legion_of_Super-Heroes_Vol_1_25

celeyhyga17
I try^^.

Who can....

1. DCnU Clark - bench pressing earth weight for five days without proper sunlight (with ease)... That's like pre-crisis shiet right thurr!

2. Thor Now - INDIRECTLY shattering celestial bodies while getting turned into Swiss cheese.. What was Jason Aaron thinking?!

3. Beats me. Maybe DCnU Clark. Anytime u penetrate a frigid bietch like Diana, that is feat worthy...

In any case, Hype prolly has the best strength feat of any herald ever.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JBL
I know it was in a controlled environment, but u make it seem like it was a trivial feat. Try benching 200lbs. for five days devoid of sleep and sustenance.

Clark's feat is right up there with the best of them and was simply ridiculous!

DarkSaint85
And as all you gym rats know, if he was able to bench that weight for five days etc etc, then his one rep max is likely to be far far in excess of that!

Something like.....80 Earth weig....

Oh shit. H1a8 is actually writing comics!

celeyhyga17
And as all you gym rats know, if he was able to bench that weight for five days etc etc, then his one rep max is likely to be far far in excess of that!

Something like.....80 Earth weig....

Oh shit. H1a8 is actually writing comics!
Lol.. Imagine what his max would have been? Jupiter weight!
Lol...

carver9
Hulk punching through a wall that was completely indestructible...

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16636619_Indestructible_Hulk_13_008.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16636620_Indestructible_Hulk_13_009.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16636621_Indestructible_Hulk_13_010.jpg

Stated that nothing could penetrate the force field...lets not forget, the guy in this scan had a sword that cut through time pages later (and was stated as being capable of cutting through anything).

carver9
Hulk punching someone in the stomach causing planetary damage.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/10173009/The_Incredible_Hulk_03_011.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/10173017/The_Incredible_Hulk_03_012.jpg.html

The shockwaves from Hulk punches is sending Heralds flying off.

http://m647.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/biensalsa/Marvel%20Comics/Hulks%20limits/IncredibleHulks634021.jpg.html?o=393

Hulk punch part of a city and a hundred foot tall Wendigo and Bi Beast out of Orbit.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/7815988/Incredible_Hulks_631_018.jpg.html

emporerpants
So people are STILL trying to lowball Supes's earth pressing feat? Seriously? Just accept that it was an awesome feat and move on.

ODG
^ Agreed. And it still doesn't have sh1t on Hyperion keeping two universes apart.

JBL
Originally posted by emporerpants
So people are STILL trying to lowball Supes's earth pressing feat? Seriously? Just accept that it was an awesome feat and move on. People are not lowballing the feat, it a great feat, but as stated, there are better feats from other characters, its that superman fans think supermans feat is the feat that ends all feats. wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by JBL
People are not lowballing the feat, it a great feat, but as stated, there are better feats from other characters, its that superman fans think supermans feat is the feat that ends all feats. wink I agree with you.

Batman-Prime
So, Hyperion, Hulk, Superman and Thor are the strongest there are. Not surprising though it's interesting that people like Captain Marvel, MM or Drax don't have so much support of feats that put them there. But then again, they don't appear in comics so often.

carver9
Gladiator as well.

Mindset
Hulk is the strongest there is.

That's canon.

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset
Hulk is the strongest there is.

That's canon.

Preach it. Happy Dance

Warlord

2. Thor Now - INDIRECTLY shattering celestial bodies while getting turned into Swiss cheese.. What was Jason Aaron thinking?!

wait what???

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by ODG
wat

If it's the book of infinite pages thing you're relying on, he had Captain Marvel's help. And Ultraman basically sh@t on both of them by not only lifting it up on his own but walking around with it. If it's the benching Earth thing in DCnU, that's more of a pressing feat than a lifting feat. In which case, if pressing feats are fair game, Hyperion basically sh1ts on that.

I like you.

Mindset
Keep it in your pants.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Warlord
wait what???
Huh?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I actually think Drax crushing a star with his bare hands in more impressive than some of the stuff named here.

Branlor Swift
So, Hyperion, Hulk, Superman and Thor are the strongest there are. Not surprising though it's interesting that people like Captain Marvel, MM or Drax don't have so much support of feats that put them there. But then again, they don't appear in comics so often. Although Billy is easily stronger than everyone you named, Mar-Vell once had enough energy in him to create an entire star.

It could be assumed that he also weighed the same too.

ODG
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I actually think Drax crushing a star with his bare hands in more impressive than some of the stuff named here. He tore apart a star's core with his bare hands causing it to go nova, actually. He didn't crush it.

Magus the Technarch did, however, literally tear apart an entire star with his bare hands and chucked half of it across a solar system when he was chasing his son Warlock around. At those levels, he's probably beyond herald levels though.

quanchi112
So, Hyperion, Hulk, Superman and Thor are the strongest there are. Not surprising though it's interesting that people like Captain Marvel, MM or Drax don't have so much support of feats that put them there. But then again, they don't appear in comics so often. Out of the heroes Hulk is. He is stronger than all of the rest. Hulk is the benchmark and has dynamic strength unlike the others.

-Pr-
Superman or Hulk.

JBL
Hulk in a clean sweep.

celeyhyga17
What is Hulk's best lifting feat?

Batman-Prime
What is Hulk's best lifting feat?

Something less impressive then Supermans benchpressing or Thors midgard serpent feat.

celeyhyga17
Something less impressive then Supermans benchpressing or Thors midgard serpent feat.
Are WBH feats fair game?

Batman-Prime
Are WBH feats fair game?

Sure, his destruction potential is indisputable. Lifting wise I haven't seen something as impressive as those two mentioned.

carver9
Are WBH feats fair game?

Depends on what you are looking for...

Here we have Hulk pressing through planetary energy...enough to knock planets off course.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/MindlessHulkPressing03.jpg

Presses through energy that have enough power to knock a planet off course.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/SavageHulkEnergy04TTA089.jpg

Or him pressing against an elder of the universe and overpowering him. Then, he throws the gem through the core of the planet.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/SavageHulkPressing10248.jpg

I can post him powering through and ripping through a field that was powerful enough to hold the entire Celestial race at bay (which would make this ft greater than anything here) but it isnt a lifting or pressing ft.

KuRuPT Thanosi
People do seem to confuse lifting and pressing... they aren't the same thing... a press in question.. required support from a stucture/maching.. to allow superman to stay and place and have support to lift the earth.. not sure how you even lift the earth from inside the earth.. but whatever. Point is, there is a clear distinction between lifting and pressing.

Mr Master

I can post him powering through and ripping through a field that was
powerful enough to hold the entire Celestial race at bay
I'm gonna have to go ahead and call that hyperbole my friend. (if based on statements)

Unless On Panel the "field" actually did "hold" a Celestial (or better yet) the entire race,
and Then Hulk performed his feat, ... proving the claim.

Otherwise, absolute hyperbole imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.