Task Master gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Task Master is trying to upgrade his fighting skills and has just finished watching a movie marathon consisting of the Matrix Trilogy, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, The One, Drunken Master, Ong Bak, Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2, and The Five Deadly Venoms.

1. Dare Devil
2. Batman
3. Black Panther
4. Beast
5. Dead Shot
6. Gamora
7. Captain America
8. Spiderman
9. Spiderman with Black Costume

pym-ftw
Stops @8

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Stops @8

Perfect. This is correct. And Brock great thread for my quite possibly favorite street leveler.

Brockalizer
Stops @8 Is it because of Spiderman's speed or strength? IMO the movies should boost Task Master's speed enough for him to to keep up with Pete, I'd even contend that he could get past the first Spiderman, but the additional amps provided by the symbiote would be too much for him to clear the gauntlet.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Perfect. This is correct. And Brock great thread for my quite possibly favorite street leveler. I like TM too, but in retrospect should've used Ozymandias rather than Gamora, but I couldn't decide if I should put him before or after Dead Shot.

Bouboumaster
Stop at 6 and wtf is Gamora doing this low?
She would murder everyone else on the gauntlet at the same time.

comicfan11
Question, does Taskmaster get his stats upgraded or is he at best peak human?
He can copy for example the skill of Gamora, but can he copy her metahuman stats as well?

Warlord
just moves/skill

comicfan11
Originally posted by Warlord
just moves/skill

Then he has serious troubles at 2 and stops hard at 3.
Panther fillets him.

pym-ftw
TaskMaster is legitimately low meta stat wise, probably right around Cap level.

comicfan11
TaskMaster is legitimately low meta stat wise, probably right around Cap level.

Even so (although I have never seen confirmation of Taskmaster being a metahuman), Panther's tech and stats should be more than enough. And he also has all the knowledge from previous Panthers. Tasky might copy the moves but not the knowledge, cunning and experience of all previous Panthers.

Also any issue numbers or scans that state Taskmaster as metahuman?

pym-ftw
He stalemated Cap & Bucky Cap at the same time.

Marvel doesn't use the term meta human often, but by feats Tasky is well above peak human.

RedX1852
WOO WOO WOO Cap stands just as much of a Chance as Spiderman he Held his own with Taskmaster Before and i Bet TaskMaster could Beat Spiderman, Remember PHOTOGRAPHIC REFLEX'S

comicfan11
He stalemated Cap & Bucky Cap at the same time.

Marvel doesn't use the term meta human often, but by feats Tasky is well above peak human.

Well BP has been stated as metahuman recently and in combination with his standard gear (teleporter, armor, vibranium knives) I can't see Tasky surviving Tchala. He showed some superspeed under Hickman and he only needs to land a couple of hits with the vibranium knives to take this.

I believe he can do this quite easily against Taskmaster.
Either by superior speed or teleporter.

deathslash
Originally posted by comicfan11
Well BP has been stated as metahuman recently and in combination with his standard gear (teleporter, armor, vibranium knives) I can't see Tasky surviving Tchala. He showed some superspeed under Hickman and he only needs to land a couple of hits with the vibranium knives to take this.

Either by superior speed or teleporter. You might want to check you facts bro. Taskmaster can still do his times 2 speed moves and that could potentially offset Panther's speed and teleporter advantages. Also, isn't Taskmater's shield made out of Adamantium? If so, then that could help him potentially offset Panther's Vibranium suit and he's managed to throw down with the likes of Daredevil and Spider-man multiple times before (both of which are physically around where Panther currently is). Even If Panther does win this, it won't be easy.

dial J for Josh
Wow I completely glanced over Gamora, and didn't even see her. Yeah that is a mismatch, Tony is in serious trouble there.

Originally posted by deathslash
You might want to check you facts bro. Taskmaster can still do his times 2 speed moves and that could potentially offset Panther's speed and teleporter advantages. Also, isn't Taskmater's shield made out of Adamantium? If so, then that could help him potentially offset Panther's Vibranium suit and he's managed to throw down with the likes of Daredevil and Spider-man multiple times before (both of which are physically around where Panther currently is). Even If Panther does win this, it won't be easy.

Nope, taskmasters shield is actually made out of a slightly less durable alloy than Vibranium/adamantium. But still he can definitely contend with T'challa.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Stop at 6 and wtf is Gamora doing this low?
She would murder everyone else on the gauntlet at the same time. You're right, that's why I previously stated that I should have left her out and replaced her altogether.

Mshinu
Gamora and BP are the biggest threats here, unsure how Tasky would do against them but he can definately contend.

He takes the rest (including Ozzy if he is switched for Gamora).
Spidey dies to five step exploding heart technique evil face

DarkSaint85
Question, does Taskmaster get his stats upgraded or is he at best peak human?
He can copy for example the skill of Gamora, but can he copy her metahuman stats as well?

Apparently, if he watches it at high speed, he can do the moves at high speed.

http://individual.utoronto.ca/will/taskmaster/4-19b.jpg

Magnon
Below, wins means TM wins, loses means TM loses.

1. Dare Devil - wins
2. Batman - wins
3. Black Panther - wins
4. Beast - loses
5. Dead Shot - wins
6. Gamora - loses
7. Captain America - wins
8. Spiderman - loses
9. Spiderman with Black Costume - loses

Batman-Prime
Stops at Batgod, spite uhuh

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Magnon
Below, wins means TM wins, loses means TM loses.

1. Dare Devil - wins
2. Batman - wins
3. Black Panther - wins
4. Beast - loses
5. Dead Shot - wins
6. Gamora - loses
7. Captain America - wins
8. Spiderman - loses
9. Spiderman with Black Costume - loses Loses to Beast? To each his own I guess.

Uriel005

Either by superior speed or teleporter. that armbar stops heralds.

comicfan11
Originally posted by Uriel005
that armbar stops heralds.

The (totally ridiculous PISfull) armbar has nothing to do with Black Panther's actual power level.
It's more than enough to beat Taskmaster.

But after seeing the scan where he can somehow repeat moves at the speed he watches them (that's what I was asking about - seems like a metahuman ability - cheers DarkSaint85), I'd say Panther still wins, but after a more even fight.

Panther still has better overall equipment and mystical mojo, overall stats (can Tasky also copy strength and stamina?) going on for him (currently at least).

Bentley
Stops at Daredevil, the Gorgon smasher, the Ultron buster, who one-shots Wolverine with ease. All these examples written by different writers so you know this is not inconsistent with DD's history flirt

DarkSaint85
The (totally ridiculous PISfull) armbar has nothing to do with Black Panther's actual power level.

But after seeing the scan where he can somehow repeat moves at the speed he watches them (that's what I was asking about - seems like a metahuman ability - cheers DarkSaint85), I'd say Panther still wins, but after a more even fight.

Panther still has better overall equipment and mystical mojo, overall stats (can Tasky also copy strength and stamina?) going on for him (currently at least).

He can'tcopy strength or durability....and going at 2x speed tires himout quickly.

DarkSaint85

He can'tcopy strength or durability....and going at 2x speed tires himout quickly.

comicfan11
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Thx fro the info.
At least tiring faster makes sense for his speed copying but very impressive skill anyway.

Bentley
Btw, since the movies are actually displaying actors I don't think Task Master would learn much from looking at them.

AlmightyKfish
Also, seeing as he's been shown to know borderline every martial art anyway, watching films would basically do nothing for him.

Stops at Gamora, BP's tech and stats make it a hard fight for him, but I reckon he'd be able to grab the win there.

RedX1852
Taskmaster can possibly clear the list if he isn't F#@%!NG Around and what's with people saying he lose's to Spiderman he's to Overrated IMO if Tony aint screwin around or Jobbin he ends Spiderman. and saying he Beats Captain America is Ridiculous, In Earth 616 Captain America Beat the Hulk while Spiderman on the Other Hand couldn't and was S&%!T!NG his pants while Cap dealt some nasty Blows to him and then Spidey grew some B@!!S and together delivered the Final KO Blow. wait till i find the Scans

Brockalizer
Originally posted by RedX1852
Taskmaster can possibly clear the list if he isn't F#@%!NG Around and what's with people saying he lose's to Spiderman he's to Overrated IMO if Tony aint screwin around or Jobbin he ends Spiderman. and saying he Beats Captain America is Ridiculous, In Earth 616 Captain America Beat the Hulk while Spiderman on the Other Hand couldn't and was S&%!T!NG his pants while Cap dealt some nasty Blows to him and then Spidey grew some B@!!S and together delivered the Final KO Blow. wait till i find the Scans I know which one you're talking about. I don't have them myself, but I know I remember Pete talking about it and there being a flashback during "The Death of Captain America", if that helps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.