Orion (pre Flash) vs Ironfist (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Ironfist has the strength of Colossus.

Orion is unarmed. No Mother Box or Astro Harness.

They are just testing themselves out, and will fight only until the other is KO'd how does this go down?

Battle takes place in an enclosed arena that will not allow either to exit until the battle is done.

Who wins?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Stoic
Ironfist has the strength of Colossus.

Orion is unarmed. No Mother Box or Astro Harness.

They are just testing themselves out, and will fight only until the other is KO'd how does this go down?

Battle takes place in an enclosed arena that will not allow either to exit until the battle is done.

Who wins?
Does he still have his durability?

cdtm
So Iron Fist is downgraded? evil face

Stoic
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Does he still have his durability?

No he would be upgraded to a being of Colossus' strength level. he would have all of his fighting moves, and agility, with higher speed due to his increased strength. His chi output would likely be greater as well due to having more stamina I suppose as well.

pym-ftw
So still downgraded...

Weakened Danny kills him

comicfan11
Orion accidentally kills the ColosoIF during the training match, while holding back.

Cogito
Realistically, Colossus isn't even on the same planet as the ballpark Orion's in. We won't even get into speed or durability

The only thing Danny has going is a (probably) skill advantage, but Orion is the most skilled New God. His skill and the training he underwent were portrayed as being pretty boss in his solo series.

Galan007
Orion is an excellent h2h combatant, but I'd say Danny definitely has a skill advantage-- MA is what he does, after all. That being said, Orion regularly tanks Superman-level punches without so much as slowing down. Colossus-level punches would be a minor nuisance-- they'd have no significant effect.

Give them the same level of strength/durability, and Danny would take the majority, imo. As it is, however, Orion wins... He still has an enormous strength advantage, and top-notch h2h skills.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Orion is an excellent h2h combatant, but I'd say Danny definitely has a skill advantage-- MA is what he does, after all. That being said, Orion regularly tanks Superman-level punches without so much as slowing down. Colossus-level punches would be a minor nuisance-- they'd have no significant effect.

Give them the same level of strength/durability, and Danny would take the majority, imo. As it is, however, Orion wins... He still has an enormous strength advantage, and top-notch h2h skills.

yep. orion does some some good skill showings but he's certainly not danny in terms of overall skill. i put him in the same league as ww maybe. but he'd still have a significant power advantage here. i mean he's beaten darkseid in straight h2h. darkseid is a little above colossus.

Uriel005
pre-flashpoint doesnt he need motherbox to keep him from berserking...

leonidas
yeah, if he gets frustrated he CAN go "red orion". that would seriously hinder his skill, but then he'd be even tougher for IF to hurt.

Uriel005
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, if he gets frustrated he CAN go "red orion". that would seriously hinder his skill, but then he'd be even tougher for IF to hurt. kind of my point I think Fist could exploit the rage and honestly the strength doesn't amp him all that much considering his Chi based attacks are much more effective and seem to do just fine against cosmic forces so I wouldn't expect Orion's godhood to be that much of an issue and I see the berserk being an extreme detriment to his ability to fight someone like IF effectively.

Stoic
At this level of strength Danny would be much stronger than he is normally. Who are you guys kidding? Hiroim decked him with one punch. Orion would do the same if I didn't give him a strength boost here. Everyone except Luke Cage's stamina is higher than a normal human's stamina, and this includes Peter. Ironfist would be beastly with that amount of strength going for him, and unlike Peter he would be hitting with not only the added strength, but those same hits would be laced with chi as well. i don't see how Orion wouldn't be pushed in this fight.

cdtm
At this level of strength Danny would be much stronger than he is normally. Who are you guys kidding? Hiroim decked him with one punch.

True, but Danny also knocked Rulk across the battlefield.

Then there's Shang taking a punch on his bare hands better then Danny did through his amped Iron Fist. I realize Hirami's at least Savage Hulk level, but Danny's never, ever hurt himself punching a super durable type, including Hulk himself, yet he hurt himself against Hirami's fore arm, setting him up for the KO shot.

Not saying Danny could beat Hiromi, but given all the other stuff I mentioned, I think he should have had a better showing.

That said, does Danny even have a speed edge over Orion? Considering how he caught a bullet and tossed it back into the gun that shot it. And while blinded. (His eyes were ripped to shreds prior..)

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
True, but Danny also knocked Rulk across the battlefield.

Then there's Shang taking a punch on his bare hands better then Danny did through his amped Iron Fist. I realize Hirami's at least Savage Hulk level, but Danny's never, ever hurt himself punching a super durable type, including Hulk himself, yet he hurt himself against Hirami's fore arm, setting him up for the KO shot.

Not saying Danny could beat Hiromi, but given all the other stuff I mentioned, I think he should have had a better showing.

That said, does Danny even have a speed edge over Orion? Considering how he caught a bullet and tossed it back into the gun that shot it. And while blinded. (His eyes were ripped to shreds prior..)

Actually Danny nearly broke his hand when he hit Savage Hulk if I remember correctly(This happened a long time ago, so forgive me if i am off a bit). the Hulk also palmed his punch with ease, and caused his chi strike to reflect back on him. now aside from the Hulk, chi strikes are known to often ignore defense, and become super nerve strikes. Orion isn't the Hulk, and what applies to one doesn't really apply to the other.

I think Danny would be able to hurt Orion with the added strength, durability, and speed that he would gain from a stronger physical body. Under normal circumstances i think Orion is probably faster than Danny in term of running speeds, but perhaps not as fast in terms of fighting speeds. I'm really not sure, and don't want to put that much into trying to prove it.

cdtm
tbh, I'm not 100% on the Fist grab/smothering example.. I think he did get hurt, but by a feedback. Since the Hulk can rip up energy like it's a solid thing, I guess it's a Hulk specific feat.

Here's what happened when he struck him full on the chest:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/MarvelTeam-UpAnnual03-31_zps51bd6907.jpg

Doesn't look like he hurt himself. Or Hulk, for that matter.

And in off topic scans:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/MarvelTeamUp105-06_zpsc72cbb5d.jpg

Iron Fist accidentally defeats Hulk. big grin

He does have a hypnotic fist now... New Gods are supposed to be immune to tp (Established by Ostrander) below Darkseid's own, and Orion probably has some kind of further immunity from his time with the ALE, but since it's hypnotism, it might work on Orion, maybe..

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
tbh, I'm not 100% on the Fist grab/smothering example.. I think he did get hurt, but by a feedback. Since the Hulk can rip up energy like it's a solid thing, I guess it's a Hulk specific feat.

Here's what happened when he struck him full on the chest:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/MarvelTeam-UpAnnual03-31_zps51bd6907.jpg

Doesn't look like he hurt himself. Or Hulk, for that matter.

And in off topic scans:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/MarvelTeamUp105-06_zpsc72cbb5d.jpg

Iron Fist accidentally defeats Hulk. big grin

He does have a hypnotic fist now... New Gods are supposed to be immune to tp (Established by Ostrander) below Darkseid's own, and Orion probably has some kind of further immunity from his time with the ALE, but since it's hypnotism, it might work on Orion, maybe..

You do recall in that scan how Danny needed time to recharge his chi attack right? Well with a stronger body, he would likely be able to throw several of those same hits. You're right it was feedback, and as you stated the Hulk has a way with exotic energy forms. Orion is more comparable to Thor imo than the Hulk. Hulk is closer to Superman, as they are both solar powered with slight differences in how their bodies deal with certain forms of solar radiation. I wonder if the Hulk would actually make Superman stronger by just being near him... hmmm.
big grin

Mindset
Doesnt doesn't need time to recharge now even without Colossus's power.

celeyhyga17
No he would be upgraded to a being of Colossus' strength level. he would have all of his fighting moves, and agility, with higher speed due to his increased strength. His chi output would likely be greater as well due to having more stamina I suppose as well.
Nvm.. I read it wrong.

Orion wins. Even with the upgrade, IF is not on the same level.

Mindset
IF wins with his normal powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.