Iron Man (Extremis) Vs Iron Man (Bleeding Edge)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Stark battles his younger self.

To make the battle fair, current Stark forgets everything he ever knew about Extremis, so no weakness exploitations.

Who wins?

StiltmanFTW
Forgets everything? That'd make it hard for him to use Bleeding Edge armor in battle because it's basically Extremis Plus...

Galan007
Bleeding Edge wins 10/10.

Extremis got its shit pushed in by Thor, and was trounced by pretty much any Thor-level foe it ever faced.
Bleeding Edge stalemated Thor, and has also beaten a few Thor-level foes.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Forgets everything? That'd make it hard for him to use Bleeding Edge armor in battle because it's basically Extremis Plus...

Basically, he can't use his knowledge of Extremis to get the cheap win. If selective memory loss is too convoluted, lets say he thinks he's fighting a Skrull or imposter, and straight up tries overpowering it instead of shutting it down through engineering trickery..

ShadowFyre
When did he stalemate a Thor that was actually trying. Not saying your makin it up just unaware of this. Can you post some scans please. Thanks

wolverinos
well which armor is better for playing GTA 5?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
Extremis got its shit pushed in by Thor

To be fair, Thor had the Odinforce at that time.

Originally posted by cdtm
Basically, he can't use his knowledge of Extremis to get the cheap win. If selective memory loss is too convoluted, lets say he thinks he's fighting a Skrull or imposter, and straight up tries overpowering it instead of shutting it down through engineering trickery..

Extremis may have more feats, but BE has more impressive ones. E+ ftw.

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
When did he stalemate a Thor that was actually trying. Not saying your makin it up just unaware of this. Can you post some scans please. Thanks

Iron Man/Thor mini-series.

cdtm

Extremis got its shit pushed in by Thor, and was trounced by pretty much any Thor-level foe it ever faced.

Extremis also almost killed Graviton.

Galan007
In addition to stalemating Thor himself, Bleeding Edge was able to thrash Ulik(amped by the High Evolutionary), who was no less than equal to Thor. Bleeding Edge also did quite well against Grey Gargoyle /w/ Serpent amp(aka. Mokk), who was also Thor-level(Tony basically scapled him, in fact.) Bleeding Edge has also owned Rulk and Wonder Man, to name a few more.

Extremis has a bunch of good showings, don't get me wrong. However, the Bleeding Edge is simply a tier(or 5) above Extremis overall-- not surprising given that Tony compared the BE's power source to that of "a man-made star."

maxivitopowe
Iron man in a complete stomp

Warlord
Bleeding edge for all the reasons Galan described. The question is why Tony ditched this armor for his current (unnimpressive) one

StiltmanFTW
Black and gold armor? Or the one he uses for his space adventures?

Black and gold armor withstood partying hard with Indestructible Hulk and one-shotted Spiderman like a slow, weak nerd (in the latter example, Punisher was controlling the armor with no experience). Wouldn't call it unimpressive.

cdtm

Black and gold armor withstood partying hard with Indestructible Hulk and one-shotted Spiderman like a slow, weak nerd (in the latter example, Punisher was controlling the armor with no experience). Wouldn't call it unimpressive.

Stark copied Parker Spidey Sense in Civil War though. And can nullify Peter's, or send false positives. He should win every time with that and his other advantages..

StiltmanFTW
Stark copied Parker Spidey Sense in Civil War though. And can nullify Peter's, or send false positives. He should win every time with that and his other advantages..

Not relevant to the post you quoted which was off-topic.

Even if Extremis was unique in that regard (which makes little sense since BE is Extremis Plus), you're overrating SS a lot. It won't do shit to prevent him from getting trapped in a forcefield (that managed to hold alternate Apocalypse) or spammed with AoE weapons, sorry.

DarkSaint85
A surprised Tony Stark didn't post here; would be interesting to know his opinion.

Galan007
His brain would implode before an answer could be given.

cdtm
Not relevant to the post you quoted which was off-topic.

Even if Extremis was unique in that regard (which makes little sense since BE is Extremis Plus), you're overrating SS a lot. It won't do shit to prevent him from getting trapped in a forcefield (that managed to hold alternate Apocalypse) or spammed with AoE weapons, sorry.

? My only point was on black and gold punking Spidey. It came after Extremis, right? So any future armors would have the same ability.

It's not even Extremis specific, Stark developed his anti spider sense protocols from analyzing Spider Armor data.

Warlord

black and gold. the hulk thing was cool I agree. tagging spidy not so much considering the techstark has build in the past. In any case both Extremis and Bleeding edge seem more powerful not to mention cooler. hopefully the space one will be more impressive

carver9

What Thor level foes have he beaten? When did he stalemate Thor?

Galan007
Iron Man/Thor mini-series.

StiltmanFTW
? My only point was on black and gold punking Spidey. It came after Extremis, right? So any future armors would have the same ability.

It's not even Extremis specific, Stark developed his anti spider sense protocols from analyzing Spider Armor data.

Ah. For some reason I thought you quoted the wrong post and meant to use SS as Extremis' advantage vs. BE here. My bad.

Yes, future suits *should* have the same ability. But there's one important fact -- Tony needed Extremis enhancements to actually fight in the Extremis suit. Without them, it was hard to perform even the mundane tasks (lifting, flying, etc.), as shown in his solo series.

The Punisher is a non-enhanced human and yet he was able to deal with Parker with just 1 blast. It can be easily argued that the only tech that helped him to do that was the standard reflexes augmentation that comes with pretty much every IM suit. I seriously doubt he'd be able to access the artificial Spider Sense without specific enhancements (Extremis being a necessary requirement in this case). Frank even comments he can "barely fly the damn thing" or something akin to that. Not to mention that Castle had no idea of that ability (SS).

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Warlord
black and gold. the hulk thing was cool I agree. tagging spidy not so much considering the techstark has build in the past. In any case both Extremis and Bleeding edge seem more powerful not to mention cooler. hopefully the space one will be more impressive

If Tony had been in the suit, then it wouldn't have been anything great or what we haven't seen before ("strike one! strike two!" scene comes to mind), agreed. But it was the Punisher who could barely operate it.

Shows what a great reaction boost the suit can grant. Or maybe it's just me stick out tongue

Power-wise it was a good showing, too... because, iirc, it was a single blast from one repulsor glove that put Pete down. As much as I love to lowball him, his durability is actually really good for a low-meta category he's usually placed at.

jitay
If Tony had been in the suit, then it wouldn't have been anything great or what we haven't seen before ("strike one! strike two!" scene comes to mind), agreed. But it was the Punisher who could barely operate it.

Shows what a great reaction boost the suit can grant. Or maybe it's just me stick out tongue

Power-wise it was a good showing, too... because, iirc, it was a single blast from one repulsor glove that put Pete down. As much as I love to lowball him, his durability is actually really good for a low- high meta category he's usually placed at.

cdtm

Power-wise it was a good showing, too... because, iirc, it was a single blast from one repulsor glove that put Pete down. As much as I love to lowball him, his durability is actually really good for a low-meta category he's usually placed at.

Good points.

Was it in this suit that Stark had trouble with Mandarin's son? That says a lot about Temugin, if Stark tech's basic auto reflex's are beyond Peter now..

Warlord

don't get me wrong I agree in general and Parker has a good record against energy blasts and everything. It's just Extremis and especially BE armors have much better showings than this.
In any case BE ftw and both of these armors were infinitely cooler than the black gold one. Writters YU NO keep previous armor???? mad

StiltmanFTW
Good points.

Was it in this suit that Stark had trouble with Mandarin's son? That says a lot about Temugin, if Stark tech's basic auto reflex's are beyond Peter now..

I'm not aware of any new encounters between Tony and Temugin (black/gold armor is quite new).

Anyway, even the classic red/gold suit gave Tony enough speed to surprise Nefaria once. So Temugin was definitely fast, having fought a much newer model.

Originally posted by Warlord
don't get me wrong I agree in general and Parker has a good record against energy blasts and everything. It's just Extremis and especially BE armors have much better showings than this.
In any case BE ftw and both of these armors were infinitely cooler than the black gold one. Writters YU NO keep previous armor???? mad

Haven't been following Marvel much lately, but I guess you're right. Superior feats in both quantity and quality.

DrDeadpool
Bleeding edge is far more stronger, but i think his new space armor (godkiller)
Is better than bleeding edge IMO.

carver9
His new armor IS better and far more versatile imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.