Pokemon dreamteam challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
This is kind of open for people to bring up challengers. I have been looking for somebody with a Pokemon team that can best my Crystal team made up purely of level 100s with all of their stats maxed out. I challenge you all to post your greatest team to combat mine:

1. Typhlosion
Flamethrower
Thunderpunch
Earthquake
Sunny Day

2. Lapras
Ice Beam
Surf
Confuse Ray
Body Slam

3. Electabuzz
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Cross Chop
Thunder Wave

4. Marowak
Bone Rush
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Swords Dance

5. Umbreon
Faint Attack
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Psychic
6. Alakazam
Psychic
Ice Punch
Recover
Shadow Ball

Again, post the strongest you have ever actually had in any version to challenge me.

BloodRain
Reckon I could beat that with Tyrnitar, Jolteon and Lucario.

NotAllThatEvil
With a fast enough breloom and swampart, shouldn't be too difficult.

MooCowofJustice
1. Haxorus
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Dragon Tail
Earthquake

2. Primeape (though I usually lead with this guy)
Focus Punch / Acrobatics
Outrage
Fire Punch
Close Combat

3. Stantler
Megahorn
Earthquake
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

4. Torkoal (but nowadays I can give him Shell Smash! big grin)
Explosion
Body Slam / Stealth Rock
Lava Plume
Protect / Curse

5. Blissey
Seismic Toss
Toxic
Softboiled / Gravity
Counter

6. Blastoise
Protect
Toxic
Surf
Rapid Spin

I don't know that this is my strongest ever, but It's not horribad. I've had a shitload of teams, so I couldn't remember my best even if I wanted to. Truth be told, I don't even think this is a team. It's probably just a meshing of Pokemon I've had over the years.

jmoul
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
With a fast enough breloom and swampart, shouldn't be too difficult.

One Ice Beam from Lapras, which is holding Nevermeltice, would take out Breloom pretty quickly and my Alakazam could take Swampert down steadily, with repeated Psychics and Recovers.

No offense, but try again.

Forgot to mention held items, so here is my list:

Typhlosion: Charcoal

Lapras: Nevermeltice

Electabuzz: Magnet

Marowak: Thick Club

Umbreon: Blackglasses

Alakazam: Twistedspoon

jmoul
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
1. Haxorus
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Dragon Tail
Earthquake

2. Primeape (though I usually lead with this guy)
Focus Punch / Acrobatics
Outrage
Fire Punch
Close Combat

3. Stantler
Megahorn
Earthquake
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

4. Torkoal (but nowadays I can give him Shell Smash! big grin)
Explosion
Body Slam / Stealth Rock
Lava Plume
Protect / Curse

5. Blissey
Seismic Toss
Toxic
Softboiled / Gravity
Counter

6. Blastoise
Protect
Toxic
Surf
Rapid Spin

I don't know that this is my strongest ever, but It's not horribad. I've had a shitload of teams, so I couldn't remember my best even if I wanted to. Truth be told, I don't even think this is a team. It's probably just a meshing of Pokemon I've had over the years.

Can Stantler actually learn Megahorn? If so why teach it that, since it wouldn't get a STAB and it isn't particularly effective against much other than Dark and Grass

The Scenario
Originally posted by jmoul
One Ice Beam from Lapras, which is holding Nevermeltice, would take out Breloom pretty quickly and my Alakazam could take Swampert down steadily, with repeated Psychics and Recovers.

No offense, but try again.

Breloom is faster than Lapras, so unless Breloom's switching in, that Lapras or anything you switch to just got Spore'd. Or Bullet Seed OHKO's 70% of the the time.

Swampert tanks Alakazam's Psychic and one shots it with Earthquake.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

Here's the calculator, it's fun.

Now, a team I've actually had? One of my more recent ones is from White 2. Let's see if I remember what items these guys had.

Froslass (Timid) w/Focus Sash
-Taunt
-Spikes
-Destiny Bond
-Ice Beam

Magnezone (Calm) w/Light Clay
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Ground
-Light Screen
-Reflect

Gallade (Adamant) w/I don't recall
-Psycho Cut
-Shadow Sneak
-Close Combat
-Swords Dance

Roserade (Timid) w/Life Orb
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Synthesis

Flygon (Jolly) w/Choice Band
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw
-Faint Attack
-Earthquake

Guarados (Adamant) w/Leftovers
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Taunt
-Bounce

This team has a relatively simple idea behind it: Froslass leads, lays down a layer of spikes, and then Destiny Bonds to remove the opponent's lead. At which point Magnezone comes in, sets up dual screens, and then Volt Switches to one of 4 sweepers as appropriate. I'm overly fond of my Gyarados, as it gets both Reflect and Intimidate, which is hopefully enough defense to allow him to pull off a Dragon Dance and then rampage through everything.

Against your team, I can see a few things happening, assuming you start with Typhlosion. So first, Froslass comes in, outspeeding Typhlosion and laying down Spikes. Here I guess Typhlosion uses Flamethrower, which Froslass only survives due to Focus Sash. Next turn Froslass Destiny Bonds, Typhlosion attacks, and both faint.

Here it gets tough to predict since I don't know who you'd send in next. I'll assume Lapras only since it's listed next. Anyway, Magnezone comes in and is outsped by Lapras, but Surf does little damage and Magnezone Light Screens. Lapras will have a terrible terrible time damaging Magnezone after that (like, 4HKO terrible), so best bet is probably switching to Marowak. Either way, Magnezone would successfully Reflect.

Next, it's at this point part of my plan backfires, as Magnezne can't Volt Switch on Marowak so I have to do it the old fashioned way, but then again I switched to Gyarados. If you used Earthquake to try to KO Magnezone, Gyarados would come in unscathed. On the other hand, if you predicted the switch and used Rock Slide, Gyarados would take maybe 1/3 of its HP since Reflect is up and Marowak is Intimidated. I'd use a Dragon Dance here, since Marowak is unlikely to KO Gyarados, and Gyarados could one shot Marowak, Electabuzz, and Alakazam with Waterfall after the boost. (Alakazam is fast enough to go first even after Dragon Dance, but Light Screen would prevent him from KOing Gyarados before getting a Waterfall in the face, assuming it's still up.) Umbreon would survive 1 hit, and Lapras' Water Absorb would heal it and completely wall Gyarados. I'd probably use Gallade to Close Combat the Lapras if that happened.

That's all I'm really willing to guess on, since I don't know how you fight. Heck, you could Sunny Day on the first turn for all I know, or switch to something other than Lapras after Froslass brings Typhlosion down with it. Still, do not under any circumstances allow Gyarados to Dragon Dance. It is a monster.

MooCowofJustice
Can Stantler actually learn Megahorn? If so why teach it that, since it wouldn't get a STAB and it isn't particularly effective against much other than Dark and Grass

For type coverage. Normal STAB isn't particularly effective against a lot, I see it better to go for super effective damage from the other moves. Bug lets me have super up against Grass, Dark, and Psychic.

Scenario, we should battle some time. I'm betting you're damn good. I'm not, but it'll be fun.

BloodRain
Going to type up a full team later. You guys should join me on PO :3

jmoul
My Typhlosion is normally my lead, and, depending on the type of your lead, I have use any of his attacks accordingly, (eg, if it's water, I use sunny day then thunderpunch, which has OHKOed Red's Blastoise on multiple occasions).

Also, I don't think you read the portion that said all of my pokemon have their stats MAXED OUT, meaning that it is the highest any can go.

Lastly, while my Lapras is not faster than a Breloom, it has taken a Solarbeam from Red's Venusaur, and he barely lost more than 1/3 of his health. I think he can take a bullet seed from a Breloom.

MooCowofJustice
My Typhlosion is normally my lead, and, depending on the type of your lead, I have use any of his attacks accordingly, (eg, if it's water, I use sunny day then thunderpunch, which has OHKOed Red's Blastoise on multiple occasions).

Also, I don't think you read the portion that said all of my pokemon have their stats MAXED OUT, meaning that it is the highest any can go.

Lastly, while my Lapras is not faster than a Breloom, it has taken a Solarbeam from Red's Venusaur, and he barely lost more than 1/3 of his health. I think he can take a bullet seed from a Breloom.

Red is an ingame NPC, far inferior to a real opponent's capabilities. Use the damage calc they linked to, and you'll be surprised.

Your Pokemon's stats can't be as high as they can all go, that would be an illegal hacked Pokemon. You can max two stats with full EV investment, and no more.

jmoul
It's still hard AF to one-hit any of his pokemon, due to their insane levels. And I did check, it still works as a one-shot, even with a Player's pokemon. And, surviving the most powerful attack of a type (at that time) with the user getting a STABed attack, with a super-effective attack, is also nearly impossible, especially with only losing 1/3 of the HP.

Also, now that I think about it, I will admit that I kind of assumed that they were at the highest it could possibly go, since I gave each of my pokemon so many proteins, irons, calciums, carbos, and HP Ups that their stats couldn't go any higher.

The Scenario
Scenario, we should battle some time. I'm betting you're damn good. I'm not, but it'll be fun.

Nah, I'm not that good at competitive and I don't do it often. The team I posted up there was mostly a breeding project to see if I could do it in game. It's got a few too many weaknesses to things like priority, and I depend too much on my sweepers and dual screens to do much else. Breeding that Gallade and some Gardevoir is how I got my shiny Ralts, though.

Still, a team of Froslass, Magnezone, and Gyarados does pretty well in the PWT, though I prefer doubles. Gliscor, Rotom, Gastrodon and Metagross wreck faces in a double battle.

I read it, though I'm not sure how much difference it makes since mine are IV bred and EV trained in their best stats. Your team strikes as the one you went through the game with, so their stats probably aren't actually the highest possible. If you just fed them vitamins like protein, their EV are probably spread out and aren't at their maximum, either.

That's one thing I hate about Pokemon. IV's just pointlessly declare that one Pokemon can never be as good as possible because it lost the genetic lottery. Too much realism in mah Pokemans.

Anyway, it's time for POKEMON MECHANICS WITH SCENARIO (tm). IVs, or Individual Values, are like a Pokemon's genes. Each stat has an IV that can range from 0 to 31, and that number determines how high the Pokemon's stats can get. It's pretty simple: at level 100, a Pokemon with a 31 in its Attack IV will have 31 more points in Attack than a Pokemon with 0 in Attack. IVs are determined randomly for each stat when a Pokemon is generated. Since it's random, the possibility exists to have bad IVs, so a certain Pokemon may just get the short end of the stick.

Through breeding, and the power of ARTIFICIAL SELECTION, it is possible to pass down some IVs. It's a rather time consuming process, but at least it's just an afternoon instead of millions of years. Each of my Pokemon have been painstakingly bred to have a 31 in their main stats. With EV training, each of them will have their stats at the absolute maximum.

Now EVs, or Effort Values, are pretty cool, as you have almost complete control over them. Each Pokemon can have up to 510 EV points spread across their 6 stats, though each stat can only have a maximum of 255 EVs in it. For every 4 EVs, a stat gets a 1 point boost at level 100, so it's better to only put 252 points in a single stat as its a multiple of 4. So a Gyarados with 252 EVs in Attack has an extra 63 points of Attack. With a 31 Attack IV, this Gyarados has an extra 94 points of Attack, and with an Attack increasing nature like Adamant (more on Natures later) it will hit the absolute maximum its Attack stat can be. IT. IS. A. MONSTER.

Anyway, there are essentially 2 ways to increase your Effort Values: Vitamins such as Protein, and by fighting other Pokemon. Vitamins are convenient in that they instantly increase an EV by 10 points, but they have a problem. See, Vitamins can only give up to 100 points in a single stat. When you see that "It won't have any effect" message, it means that stat has reached 100 EVs and the vitamin won't work anymore. However, since the actual maximum is 255, that means a Pokemon just given vitamins is not actually at its maximum in that stat. Now you have to train it the old fashioned way.

Like I said, there are 2 ways to increase EVs, and the other is through Pokemon battles. It's a bit different from just normal leveling up. You can think of like this: fighting strong Pokemon makes your Pokemon stronger, and fighting faster Pokemon makes your Pokemon faster. KOing defensive mons increases Defense and so on. Each Pokemon has what's called an EV Yield, which is how many EV points it gives when defeated. Let's use Gyarados again because I love Gyarados you guys. When defeated, Gyarados gives however many Experience points, but also 2 EV in Attack. So if you fight a bunch of Gyarados, whichever Pokemon you used will be gaining a lot of points in Attack. It will be super strong.

Unfortunately, since every Pokemon gives EVs when defeated, if you go through the game normally your EV will be crazy, with the points spread out everywhere. You pretty much have to train against just one species of Pokemon in order to get your EVs to an appreciable level. I usually don't bother with this in-game.

So there, mechanics rant more or less over. I was going to go over Natures, but the OP team is in Crystal and none of them have Natures yet. This post is lost enough enough anyway.

TL;DR: Pokeymans are Serious Business.

NemeBro
You guys are gay.

NotAllThatEvil
Gay for POKESCIENCE!

NotAllThatEvil
Bullet seed?

jmoul
What about bullet seed?

NotAllThatEvil
Why would you teach breloom bullet seed? Breloom is possibly the greatest pokemon in existence, it needs moves that reflect that.

jmoul

NotAllThatEvil
Well then sit back and let me learn you a little something something.
Breloom has the highest base attack stat out of every single grass type. He hits harder than all your venosuars and sawabucks. You know how many pokemon can learn spore( the ONLY 100% sleep inducer)? Three lines. Breloom being the strongest of them. Being part fighting type, they can also learn strong stabs such as dynamic and focus punch.

In short, they're stronger than other grass types and more versatile than fighting types. Also he's a dinosaur.

jmoul
Didn't say Breloom wasn't awesome, just saying that I think there are many more pokemon that are better overall.

I just don't use him all that often because Breloom has a quad weakness to flying, along with the weakness to fire, ice, psychic, and poison. Fire, ice, and psychic are pretty popular, and with Breloom's generation, he also has to deal with Rayquaza (flying/dragon) and Kyogre (water with insanely strong ice attacks) for legendary pokemon, which I think, if given the option, everybody uses.

The Scenario
Breloom has an base Attack stat of 130 and gets Technician. Technician boosts an attack with less than 60 base power by 50% and Bullet Seed has a base power of 25. So it then becomes a move with 37 base power that always hits at least twice (so actually 74 BP) and potentially up to five times. On average (3 hits) it's more powerful than Seed Bomb, Breloom's next best grass STAB move.

All it takes for Breloom to KO Lapras is for Bullet Seed to hit at least 3 times, even on a Lapras with full HP and Defense investment. Seed Bomb can only 2HKO Lapras like that.

Believe it or not, Bullet Seed is one of Breloom's most powerful moves.

Ehhhhh. DynamicPunch has terrible 50% accuracy, if it misses Lapras will destroy Breloom with Ice Beam.

Now Focus Punch is good if you're running Substitute as well, but it telegraphs exactly what you're doing and only really works if an opponent is switching in.

Just my take, I don't really use Breloom often.

Cyner
This team is from Platinum so it needs some updating but here it goes:

Froslass: Timid/Snowcloak
Hail
Blizzard
Thunderwave
Spikes

Drifblim: Bashful/Aftermath
Stockpile
Toxic
Thunderbolt
Baton Pass

Mismagius: Timid/Levitate
Hidden Power(Fire)
Nasty Plot
Pain Split
Shadow Ball

Spiritomb: Modest/Pressure
Substitute
Dark Pulse
Pain Split
Curse

Gengar: Timid/Levitate
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power(Ground)
Explosion

Dusknoir: Brave/Pressure
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Rest
Pain Split

I forgot what items to use.

jmoul
Originally posted by Cyner

Hail
Blizzard
Thunderwave
Spikes

Stockpile
Toxic
Thunderbolt
Baton Pass

Hidden Power(Fire)
Nasty Plot
Pain Split
Shadow Ball

Substitute
Dark Pulse
Pain Split
Curse

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power(Ground)
Explosion

Brick Break
Ice Punch
Rest
Pain Split

Lots of Ghost, Dark, and Poison.

Gengar loses to Umbreon, Alakazam, or Marowak. Since Dusknoir and Mismagius are pure ghosts, then Umbreon takes them down. For Drifblim, I would use Electabuzz, for the flying portion, or Umbreon for the Ghost. Froslass would probably lose to Umbreon or Typhosion, due to the Ghost/Ice deal. Now for Spiritomb, which has no real weaknesses, I'd probably have Umbreon use Toxic and Confuse Ray, just to annoy the s**t out of you, and, hopefully, not lose Umbreon in the process. If I do lose him, I could send out anybody but Alakazam to take him down (by the way, thanks for not putting Wonder Guard on Spiritomb, that would've been hard AF to try to beat).

Also, I personally would rethink Hidden Power. While it gives a different type for attacks, it doesn't have that much base power (70) and it doesn't receive a STAB, so even with high Atk./Sp. Atk. it still doesn't do that much damage.

The Scenario
Why would Wondertomb even be a thing here, that is an illegal ability that requires hacking to have.

jmoul
It's actually available in an event, so it's possible to get.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by The Scenario
Nah, I'm not that good at competitive and I don't do it often. The team I posted up there was mostly a breeding project to see if I could do it in game. It's got a few too many weaknesses to things like priority, and I depend too much on my sweepers and dual screens to do much else. Breeding that Gallade and some Gardevoir is how I got my shiny Ralts, though.

Still, a team of Froslass, Magnezone, and Gyarados does pretty well in the PWT, though I prefer doubles. Gliscor, Rotom, Gastrodon and Metagross wreck faces in a double battle.

Same here, I am extremely not good. I just think of goofy shit to do for fun. Like, for ****s sake, if you know anything about the Metagame, and I know you do, you know that Torkoal and Stantler are not choices that normal people make. And I have both of them on my team. ****, I used to lead with Torkoal, and sweep teams with Stantler because nobody ****ing knew what to expect. And I even have a suicide lead with Focus Punch. Like, the ****? Who does that?

The Scenario
It's actually available in an event, so it's possible to get.

Which event?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spiritomb#In_events
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ List_of_local_Japanese_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distribu
tions_in_Generation_V#Cynthia.27s_Spiritomb

The only event Spiritomb I can find is Cynthia's Spiritomb, and that one has Pressure.

That is, unless you're talking about this: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/BW_Mall_Tour_plagued_with_hacked_distribution

In which case it's still hacked.

The Scenario
Same here, I am extremely not good. I just think of goofy shit to do for fun. Like, for ****s sake, if you know anything about the Metagame, and I know you do, you know that Torkoal and Stantler are not choices that normal people make. And I have both of them on my team. ****, I used to lead with Torkoal, and sweep teams with Stantler because nobody ****ing knew what to expect. And I even have a suicide lead with Focus Punch. Like, the ****? Who does that?

Yeah, same. I enjoy gimmicky teams too much. I've got a Gravity based team, and one that's joint Sandstorm/Trick Room. Not even counting my themed teams like the one where every Pokemon had Regenerator, or the All Weather Team that consisted of Politoed, Ninetales, Abomasnow, Hippowdon, and Dragonite. Never did find a 6th for that one.

Looking forward to some XY craziness. You getting it?

jmoul
To be 100% honest, I've never played any Pokemon game after 3rd Gen, so the only way I knew of Wondertomb is by word of mouth. Some of my friends just told me that there were Spiritombs with Wonder Guard, and that it was possible through an event. I never knew anything more specific than that.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, same. I enjoy gimmicky teams too much. I've got a Gravity based team, and one that's joint Sandstorm/Trick Room. Not even counting my themed teams like the one where every Pokemon had Regenerator, or the All Weather Team that consisted of Politoed, Ninetales, Abomasnow, Hippowdon, and Dragonite. Never did find a 6th for that one.

Looking forward to some XY craziness. You getting it?

I had my preorders paid off months ago. Can't wait to see how this Fairy type works in, all the new 'mons in combat, the works. Gonna be so legit.

And lol, your teams still have more strategy behind them than mine. I've built entire teams around "Hmm, what's something weird and mostly useless I can do with THIS guy?"

I had an attacking Regigigas built for doubles and Mummy transfer in singles. Lmao. As well as a Crit Sweep Zangoose attempt, and a OHKO machine Ursaring. That Stantler? A beastly revenge killer. I had one guy I battled ask me "What the hell is that thing? I've never seen that Pokemon. Is it good?"

jmoul
I kind of enjoy playing pokemon with the unknown or unused pokemon, it adds challenge, and it bugs the crap out of the people who think that only the really strong, and well-known pokemon should be trained.
I can remember when I trained a Heracross, a Skarmory (in Crystal), a Sunkern/Sunflora (I don't recommend doing so it was hard AF to level Sunkern to the right level before evolving him, and both his and Sunflora's stats are garbage.), an Octillery, a Lanturn, and, finally, an Aipom (Crystal). They were all in separate games, but when I used them, people had no clue how to battle them because they weren't mainstream, so I wound up winning a nearly I winnable match just because of them.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Cyner

Hail
Blizzard
Thunderwave
Spikes

Stockpile
Toxic
Thunderbolt
Baton Pass

Hidden Power(Fire)
Nasty Plot
Pain Split
Shadow Ball

Substitute
Dark Pulse
Pain Split
Curse

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power(Ground)
Explosion

Brick Break
Ice Punch
Rest
Pain Split

Do you main Ghost types?

jmoul

The Scenario
Yeah, the signature was made before Charizard X was revealed, and we thought he had only one Mega Evolution. So my sig is technically wrong, but no one had any way of knowing that at the time.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Legendaries are allowed right? If so, this is the team I utilized in FireRed. Not my best team, but the only one I have memorized off the top of my head:

Mewtwo
Shadow Ball
Psychic
thunderbolt
flamethrower

Salamence
dragon claw
dragon dance
Crunch
Fly

Gengar
Shadow Ball
Nightmare
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

Registeel
Iron Defense
Amnesia
Earthquake
Zap Cannon

Milotic
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance
Recover
Ice Beam

Venusaur
Giga Drain
Toxic
Sludge Bomb
Protect

jmoul
Legendaries are allowed, but just realize that I, personally consider them to be very cheap due to their god-like stats

jmoul
Yeah, the signature was made before Charizard X was revealed, and we thought he had only one Mega Evolution. So my sig is technically wrong, but no one had any way of knowing that at the time.

Still a sweet signature.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ah ok, I won't be a cheap-o. Lemme get my FireRed and see whom I can replace Mewtwo with. I consider registeel a minor legendary, and is beat-able by all standards

Edit: Instead of Mewtwo:

Alakazam
Psychic
Reflect
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball

Anyways, how does this team stack up against yours?

jmoul
It is fair to keep Registeel.

Although I could still beat Mewtwo with Umbreon, since his best attack (Psychic) does nothing to Umbreon. The only problem is, if Mewtwo has maxed-out Special Attack, than flamethrower and thunderbolt will be something to worry about.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well I usually send out Gengar first anyways, as somewhat of a hindrance, especially with nightmare.

Edit: Yeah my Registeel has maxed out physical def/spec. def, and my alakazam has maxed out spec atk./physical defense.

jmoul

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Assuming that you follow exactly the way I want you to, here's how I see it going.

Gengar is faster than your Lapras, as he has maxed speed/spec. atk. He would put Lapras asleep, and use the deadly combination of nightmare/shadow ball to take him down. If in this event he wakes up, it would already be too late by then, and I believe shadow ball would finish him off. You send out Alakazam, and I get 1 clean hit with shadow ball before inevitably getting OHKO by psychic. I then send out Registeel to finish it, and u then attempt to recover. I actually take this chance to use Iron defense/Amnesia to literally make my Registeel near-invincible. After you realize the plan, you send out Typhlosion to get the job done. Unfortunately at this point it'll be too late, and regi will 2HKO typhlosion with earthquake, and take severe damage in the process, although it will still require 2 more hits to bring him down with any pokemon other than Marowak. You send in Marowak to finish off regi, and milotic OHKO's Marowak with hydro pump. You send in Electabuzz to 2HKO Milotic with thunder, taking severe damage in the process, and possibly even being defeated, depending on the speed difference. If Milotic does faint, I send in Alakazam to finish off elactabuzz with psychic. You send in Umbreon, and I use reflect to preserve my future pokemon. you faint my Alakazam, and I send in Salamence. While you attempt to defeat salamence, I have ample time to use 2-3 dragon dances, and I take out umbreon in 2-3 hits. Ultimately at this point the rest of your team gets defeated my salamence's newfound speed and attack power.

As in your prediction, this is if everything goes as planned.

jmoul
You forget something. If a pokemon faints, then that is a turn. Also, something you should know, I never lead with Lapras, instead I lead with Typhlosion normally.

Going in the order that you listed:

Against Gengar, Typhlosion would be the faster of the two, and Earthquake would be Typhlosion's first attack. Even without a STAB, this has a chance to OHKO Gengar, if not 2, unless Hypnosis hits (I'll assume it doesn't for this one). Then with Registeel, the same problem with speed arises for you, and Typhlosion uses Sunny Day, then a Flamethrower, which will be a 1 or 2 HKO, depending on whether you use Iron Defense or Amnesia first. Milotic, being faster than Typhlosion, would likely use Rain Dance to take away Sunny Day's affect, followed by Typhlosion using Thunderpunch. Milotic loses at least 1/3 of his health, but responds with a Hydro Pump, taking out Typhlosion. I send Electabuzz (his speed is maxed-out) out to finish it with a Thunderbolt (I prefer the accuracy along with the STAB), which takes out the rest of Milotic's health. You then send Alakazam out, who, being faster than Electabuzz and has no real weakness to him, beats Electabuzz, placing a Reflect with a few Psychics, but takes a lot of damage in the process. I send Umbreon to finish it, and hopefully stall until the Reflect fades. Then, you send in Salamence, who does inevitably defeat Umbreon, but must then deal with Lapras. Salamence could win this if reflect is still in place, or if you use Fly effectively, but it is more likely that Lapras hits him with one or two Ice Beams and wins. If you beat Lapras, Marowak will come in, and use Rock Slide to take out Salamence's remaining health.

Same restrictions as I said last time

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
My Gengar is faster, as it it has a naturally higher speed stat, and has maxed speed. you have also made one grave mistake: Gengar has levitate. In this case, you use earthquake, but it doesn't affect gengar, and I put you to sleep. Put at this huge disadvantage, you ultimately lose the match due to the first fatal flaw you executed.

jmoul
Shoot, forgot about levitate, I was talking like a Crystal player.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
meh, it happens to all of us.

jmoul
In that case, Alakazam leads, just to use the speed and type advantage over Gengar.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
that would work, except you say that you usually lead with typhlosion in the first place. In that case, I could start out with salamence and take advantage of Alakazam's poor defense stat.

jmoul
Did I neglect to mention that my Alakazam has his Special Attack and His Defense maxed-out? He can take quite a beating. He even took a Body Slam from a Snorlax (in a link battle) without losing anymore than 1/3 of his HP (>300).

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Maybe, but with my salamence's max attack plus stab dragon claw, plus if I get any uses of dragon dance (which I think I can), i'm pretty sure he'll have a good chance of OHKO'ing Alakazam. BTW I do think your team is alot more well thought out and at the very least equal to mine, which is impressive considering that's one of the oldest pokemon games ever.

jmoul
You did say that you normally lead with Gengar as well, but it would be a good match to see how it ends up.

And thanks, your team is well thought-out as well.

BTW, you didn't say what levels are your team members?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Oh they're all 100's. I played FireRed/Ruby for months, then traded multiple Ruby Pokemon to FireRed.

jmoul
Then that would be a very tough battle. It took me about a year of going back and forth between Red and the Elite Four in Crystal (who got no better in the repeats) to get all of them to level 100. As you can imagine, it got really boring.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That must have sucked. In FireRed, they actually get better in the repeats, and the champion gets far better exp-boosting pokemon, like Tyranitar.

jmoul
Yeah, I've heard.

I am Vegeta
Sandslash
Dig
Sand attack
Earthquake
X-scissor

Dragonite
Thunder
Fire punch
Dragon claw
Dragon Dance

Blastoise
Ice Beam
Surf
Rapid spin
Withdraw

Poliwrath
Hypnosis
Waterfall
Body slam
Payback

Gengar
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Shadow ball
Giga Drain

Aerodactyl
Aerial ace
Stone edge
Earthquake
Ice Fang

They are not in any particular order but this is my team

I am Vegeta
I challenge you to a battle.

jmoul
Originally posted by I am Vegeta
Sandslash
Dig
Sand attack
Earthquake
X-scissor

Dragonite
Thunder
Fire punch
Dragon claw
Dragon Dance

Blastoise
Ice Beam
Surf
Rapid spin
Withdraw

Poliwrath
Hypnosis
Waterfall
Body slam
Payback

Gengar
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Shadow ball
Giga Drain

Aerodactyl
Aerial ace
Stone edge
Earthquake
Ice Fang

They are not in any particular order but this is my team

I'll go in the order you gave. This time, as a rare exception, I will lead with Lapras. Lapras uses Surf for a one-shot on Sandslash, then Ice Beam to one-shot Dragonite as well, losing at about 1/2 his health in the process. Next, your Blastoise will probably finish Lapras. So I respond with Electabuzz, and Thunderbolt Blastoise, taking the rest of his HP. You send Poliwrath to try to save the match, to which I use a Thunderbolt, utilizing Electabuzz's superior speed and the super-effective STABed attack to either one, or two-shot Poliwrath. Next you use Gengar, who, bein faster, will likely put Electabuzz to sleep, then takes the rest of his HP. I respond with Umbreon, which uses Faint Attack to one-shot Gengar with no trouble. Finally, you use Aerodactyl, which takes the rest of Umbreon's HP. I decide to play the risk, and use Typhlosion. Typhlosion hits Aerodactyl with a thunderpunch, effectively halving Aerodactyl's HP, and potentially paralyzing him. Typhlosion then uses Flamethrower to end Aerodactyl's reign.

I am Vegeta
I'll go in the order you gave. This time, as a rare exception, I will lead with Lapras. Lapras uses Surf for a one-shot on Sandslash, then Ice Beam to one-shot Dragonite as well, losing at about 1/2 his health in the process. Next, your Blastoise will probably finish Lapras. So I respond with Electabuzz, and Thunderbolt Blastoise, taking the rest of his HP. You send Poliwrath to try to save the match, to which I use a Thunderbolt, utilizing Electabuzz's superior speed and the super-effective STABed attack to either one, or two-shot Poliwrath. Next you use Gengar, who, bein faster, will likely put Electabuzz to sleep, then takes the rest of his HP. I respond with Umbreon, which uses Faint Attack to one-shot Gengar with no trouble. Finally, you use Aerodactyl, which takes the rest of Umbreon's HP. I decide to play the risk, and use Typhlosion. Typhlosion hits Aerodactyl with a thunderpunch, effectively halving Aerodactyl's HP, and potentially paralyzing him. Typhlosion then uses Flamethrower to end Aerodactyl's reign. First thats not the order they go in cause then you can just place your pokemon wherever you wanted in a real battle i think i could win.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
jmoul, on the last part of your analysis, that is definitely not what would happen. typhlosion is slower than dactyl, so he'd one shot typhlo with stone edge. Then he would proceed to 1-2 shot your alakazam with stone edge, unless dactyl has lost enough HP so that alakazam can one shot with psychic. His aerodactyl is a very good trump card in this match.

Nephthys
First thats not the order they go in cause then you can just place your pokemon wherever you wanted in a real battle i think i could win.

I agree that its unrealistic and kinda stupid to think that he'll be able to predict which pokemon you'll use at the start and throughout. Also he doesn't seem to think that you'll ever switch pokemon when faced with a type advantage.

Also why would you use Blastoise instead of Aerodactyl who's faster than Lapras and Blastoise and can probably one-shot it with stone edge? And why the **** would you send out Poliwrath against Electabuzz? Thats just asking to get owned. Instead of, again, Aerodactyl who can outspeed and take Electabuzz down with an Earthquake.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is right, datyl can take out most of the team by itself and is faster than all of them so it probably can.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is right, datyl can take out most of the team by itself and is faster than all of them so it probably can.

I wouldn't go as far as that, however it could prolly take out 2-3 of j's pokemon. Umbreon and Lapras could probably both take Aerodactyl, as both are extremely bulky, and Lapras can one-shot dactyl after taking an almost-lethal stone edge

Edit: I just noticed the only extremely potent offensive move Umbreon has is psychic, which does regular damage and doesn't even have stab. So unless that umbreon has maxed special attack, he'll die by aerodactyl's hand. Also, Marowak could possibly swords dance/rock slide one-shot aerodactyl, depending on the former's defense/attack and the latter's defense/attack

Just looked up aerodactyl's bst. He has sorely lacking defensive stats, so even maxxed it may not survive marowak's sword dance rock slide.

Nephthys
But it has a good chance against Marowak since it has ice fang, which Marowak's weak to. So really it has a chance against Typhlosion, Electabuzz, Marrowak, Umbreon and Lapras.

wakkawakkawakka

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Meh, if Marowak has maxxed defense he can tank 2 hits, especially since ice fang is non-stab. It may have a chance against Lapras, but again that would be decided if Lapras can tank a stab stone edge, where Aerodactyl would be inevitably one-shotted.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
/double post

jmoul
I agree that its unrealistic and kinda stupid to think that he'll be able to predict which pokemon you'll use at the start and throughout. Also he doesn't seem to think that you'll ever switch pokemon when faced with a type advantage.

Also why would you use Blastoise instead of Aerodactyl who's faster than Lapras and Blastoise and can probably one-shot it with stone edge? And why the **** would you send out Poliwrath against Electabuzz? Thats just asking to get owned. Instead of, again, Aerodactyl who can outspeed and take Electabuzz down with an Earthquake.

I meant I was responding to what he gave in the order that he listed them. I have no delusions that I would be able to predict it, and I just made it simple for myself and ignored the shifting-out option for this post.

jmoul
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I wouldn't go as far as that, however it could prolly take out 2-3 of j's pokemon. Umbreon and Lapras could probably both take Aerodactyl, as both are extremely bulky, and Lapras can one-shot dactyl after taking an almost-lethal stone edge

Edit: I just noticed the only extremely potent offensive move Umbreon has is psychic, which does regular damage and doesn't even have stab. So unless that umbreon has maxed special attack, he'll die by aerodactyl's hand. Also, Marowak could possibly swords dance/rock slide one-shot aerodactyl, depending on the former's defense/attack and the latter's defense/attack

Just looked up aerodactyl's bst. He has sorely lacking defensive stats, so even maxxed it may not survive marowak's sword dance rock slide.

Umbreon has maxed Sp. Atk and Sp. Def., and Marowak has maxed Attack and Defense. Lapras has never taken a Stone-Edge (since he was from Crystal), but he has taken a Zap Cannon from a Zapdos in a link battle with one of my friends (Zapdos was level 95, not sure about his stats), and he survived, but barely (like with 5 HP left), and ended up winning with an Ice Beam on that turn.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Stone edge wins if his aerodactyl has maxxed atk. Spec def. is irrelevant as aerodactyl uses physical attack. In that case, Marowak can take dactyl

Edit: what level is marowak?

jmoul
First thats not the order they go in cause then you can just place your pokemon wherever you wanted in a real battle i think i could win.

I realize, I'm just going with what I was given, and I wasn't in the mood to make it where you were as unpredictable in your order as I normally am. I'm just giving my own analysis on what you gave me.

I do give you props for that team, it is really strong, and the movesets are planned out to prevent vulnerability to any one type. I will say, in a real battle, depending on your team's levels, I would get a serious run for my money.

jmoul
Stone edge wins if his aerodactyl has maxxed atk. Spec def. is irrelevant as aerodactyl uses physical attack. In that case, Marowak can take dactyl

Edit: what level is marowak?

I said in the OP, my entire team is at 100

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
it's impossible to predict the actual outcome of a battle. Lemme formulate a new team right now...

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I said in the OP, my entire team is at 100

k

jmoul
it's impossible to predict the actual outcome of a battle. Lemme formulate a new team right now...

Agreed, too many factors go into an actual battle. I'm just analyzing based on what we can determine.

jmoul
Also, so long as Cross Chop doesn't OHKO each Tyranitar (leaving a sixth for Lapras to Surf away) then a team of those massive, dark-rock monsters, with different movesets each, would be formidable indeed. Just be wary that the opposing team doesn't have a fighting, water, grass, or ground type.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
All are level 100:

Rampardos: max attack (398)
Zen headbutt
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge

dragonite: Max attack (376)
Fly
Earthquake
bulk up
outrage

Electivire: Max attack (323)/Speed (287)
thunderbolt
substitute
earthquake
thunder wave

Gengar: Max spec. attack (331)/Max speed (310)
hypnosis
shadow ball
dream eater
nightmare

Registeel: Max defense (401)
Explosion
Iron Head
Amnesia
Stealth Rock

Volcarona: Max spec. Attack (314)
Hurricane
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz

jmoul
Who do you lead with in this team?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Electivire

jmoul
Then I will lead with Marowak (sorry, it's just good business). I'm going to assume that you will use earthquake, since substitue will just leave you with less health, and leave you more vulnerable to Marowak's attacks, and you have nothing else to affect him. Marowak, with maxed def. takes the hit with relatively low damage, responding with an earthquake of his own, potentially one-shoting Electivire. You then send out Dragonite, using the original pseudo-legendary to take Marowak out for the count with Outrage. I send Lapras out. You either continue with Outrage, or get confused, but I'll assume it hits, but it takes only 1/4 of Lapras's HP. Lapras then one-shots Dragonite with Ice Beam. You then send Gengar to put Lapras to sleep, use Nightmare, and then finish it with dreameater. I send out Umbreon, and use faint attack, and if that doesn't one-shot Gengar, I will use Psychic to end it, since you dare not use hypnosis if we include special abilities in this (because Umbreon has Synchronize). You then send out Volcarona to use bug buzz, taking out Umbreon. So I send in Electabuzz and use thunderwave to slow Volcarona down, and then I will use thunder to take care of it. Last, you send out Registeel, who takes a Cross Chop, losing at least half his health. He earthquakes Electabuzz, taking out the rest of his HP. I send out Typhlosion, who uses flamethrower to take the rest of registeel's health.

It would be a tough battle, but I think, ultimately, I'd win out.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1/4 of Lapras's HP? You serious? I forgot to mention Dragonite has choice Band, increasing his attack to 564, plus outrage is a powerful stab attack, it's base damage being 120. Thunder wouldn't take out Volcarona, and if I get even 1 quiver dance, fiery dance is an insta kill.

ares834
Then I will lead with Marowak (sorry, it's just good business). I'm going to assume that you will use earthquake, since substitue will just leave you with less health, and leave you more vulnerable to Marowak's attacks, and you have nothing else to affect him. Marowak, with maxed def. takes the hit with relatively low damage, responding with an earthquake of his own, potentially one-shoting Electivire. You then send out Dragonite, using the original pseudo-legendary to take Marowak out for the count with Outrage. I send Lapras out. You either continue with Outrage, or get confused, but I'll assume it hits, but it takes only 1/4 of Lapras's HP. Lapras then one-shots Dragonite with Ice Beam. You then send Gengar to put Lapras to sleep, use Nightmare, and then finish it with dreameater. I send out Umbreon, and use faint attack, and if that doesn't one-shot Gengar, I will use Psychic to end it, since you dare not use hypnosis if we include special abilities in this (because Umbreon has Synchronize). You then send out Volcarona to use bug buzz, taking out Umbreon. So I send in Electabuzz and use thunderwave to slow Volcarona down, and then I will use thunder to take care of it. Last, you send out Registeel, who takes a Cross Chop, losing at least half his health. He earthquakes Electabuzz, taking out the rest of his HP. I send out Typhlosion, who uses flamethrower to take the rest of registeel's health.

It would be a tough battle, but I think, ultimately, I'd win out.

lol

You're whole "strategy" requires xsupreme to play like an idiot.

Nephthys
Its also extremely unfair that you get to pick which pokemon you send out first based on which one he does, giving you an immediate advantage. You asked him which pokemon he'd start with then picked the one that resists all its attacks and is capable of one-shotting it. How is that not complete bullshit?

Furthermore, if you sent out Marowak against my Electivire the first thing I'd do would be to switch to Gengar and roflstomp you.

jmoul
Fine, one of you analyze my team with one of yours and you do so in a way that does any better. Also, I lead with Marowak more than anybody in my team, other than Typhlosion. So if you'd rather have me start each battle with Typhlosion (then say I'm an idiot for doing so because I'd lose my strongest early), then I will do it, and I'm still likely to win.

Also, Nephthys, two can play at the "switch out then roflstomp" game. So you switch to Gengar, I switch to Umbreon, and then I see how hard you think you can roflstomp me, because you won't.

I am Vegeta
If your marowak and Typhlosion start my blastoise could take them out. Your lapras would them come out and beat my blastoie but not easily then I would send out Aerodactyl who has max attack and use stone edge. Your electabuzz would probably lose if I hit it with Earthquake or stone edge. your Umbreon would finish my Aerodactyl but I would send out my Gengar put it to sleep and hit it with Dream eater and shadow ball. Your alakazam could probably beat my Gengar but not easily and i doubt he be able to beat my Poliwrath, Sandslash, and Dragonite

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
^ yeah both of our teams have a very good chance of beating j's, if we were to do an actual battle

jmoul
If your marowak and Typhlosion start my blastoise could take them out. Your lapras would them come out and beat my blastoie but not easily then I would send out Aerodactyl who has max attack and use stone edge. Your electabuzz would probably lose if I hit it with Earthquake or stone edge. your Umbreon would finish my Aerodactyl but I would send out my Gengar put it to sleep and hit it with Dream eater and shadow ball. Your alakazam could probably beat my Gengar but not easily and i doubt he be able to beat my Poliwrath, Sandslash, and Dragonite

I'd never send Lapras out against Blastoise, but I may not need more than Typhlosion to take him out (he has survived a Hydro Pump augmented by Rain Dance from a level 100 Blastoise before, only to Thunderpunch him to win a link match). Even if you beat Typhlosion, Electabuzz goes out next, where he would take the rest of Blastoise's HP with 2 thunderbolts maximum. Next, with Aerodactyl, Electabuzz could take 2/3 of his HP with Thunder or 1/2 with Thunderbolt before taking an Earthquake. This would likely beat Electabuzz, but without a STAB, it's not certain. This is where Marowak comes in, he takes an Ice Fang (not sure how strong this is, info please) taking a lot of damage (not as much as a STABed attack would do) but his maxed Defense keeps him alive. He uses a Rock Slide to take the rest of Dactyl's HP. Next you send out Gengar. You will attempt a Hypnosis, if (a) it hits, then Marowak is done for, but (b) should it miss, Marowak will use Rock Slide again. I'll go with option (a). So I send out Umbreon, as you predicted. The only problem with your prediction in this portion is that you forget that Umbreon has Synchronize (if you don't mind me giving a Crystal pokemon his later generation abilities) so if you put him to sleep, Gengar goes with him. You, being a smart trainer, go for shadow ball, which is not very effective. I respond with a Faint Attack, at least halving your HP. You try with Shadow Ball again, but it doesn't do much, Umbreon then finishes it with another Faint Attack. You send out Poliwrath, who has the type advantage. Umbreon uses Psychic to cause as much damage as possible before you pummel Umbreon with Payback. I send out Alakazam to use his Psychic, much more powerful than Umbreon's which finishes Poliwrath off. Next you send out Sandslash, who plays on Alakazam's lack of physical defense to win, but loses at least half his health. Lapras comes out here. He hits Sandslash with a Surf, takin the rest of his HP. You use your Dragonite now, bit he has a severe type-disadvantage. He gets one Outrage off before getting hit with an Ice Beam. This is likely to one-shot Dragonite, but, for the sake of a battle, it leaves him with barely any health. Dragonite uses another Outrage, which takes Lapras to half his health, but Lapras ends it with an Ice Beam.

jmoul
^ yeah both of our teams have a very good chance of beating j's, if we were to do an actual battle

I've said before, they would be really tough battles if they were to actually happen. Only problem is the Generation differences. I give those who have full teams of level 100s on this thread a lot of credit, because it is hard AF to raise even one Pokemon to level 100, let alone 6 or more.

If it was possible, I'd gladly battle both of you, it would be a great match up.

I am Vegeta
I'd never send Lapras out against Blastoise, but I may not need more than Typhlosion to take him out (he has survived a Hydro Pump augmented by Rain Dance from a level 100 Blastoise before, only to Thunderpunch him to win a link match). Even if you beat Typhlosion, Electabuzz goes out next, where he would take the rest of Blastoise's HP with 2 thunderbolts maximum. Next, with Aerodactyl, Electabuzz could take 2/3 of his HP with Thunder or 1/2 with Thunderbolt before taking an Earthquake. This would likely beat Electabuzz, but without a STAB, it's not certain. This is where Marowak comes in, he takes an Ice Fang (not sure how strong this is, info please) taking a lot of damage (not as much as a STABed attack would do) but his maxed Defense keeps him alive. He uses a Rock Slide to take the rest of Dactyl's HP. Next you send out Gengar. You will attempt a Hypnosis, if (a) it hits, then Marowak is done for, but (b) should it miss, Marowak will use Rock Slide again. I'll go with option (a). So I send out Umbreon, as you predicted. The only problem with your prediction in this portion is that you forget that Umbreon has Synchronize (if you don't mind me giving a Crystal pokemon his later generation abilities) so if you put him to sleep, Gengar goes with him. You, being a smart trainer, go for shadow ball, which is not very effective. I respond with a Faint Attack, at least halving your HP. You try with Shadow Ball again, but it doesn't do much, Umbreon then finishes it with another Faint Attack. You send out Poliwrath, who has the type advantage. Umbreon uses Psychic to cause as much damage as possible before you pummel Umbreon with Payback. I send out Alakazam to use his Psychic, much more powerful than Umbreon's which finishes Poliwrath off. Next you send out Sandslash, who plays on Alakazam's lack of physical defense to win, but loses at least half his health. Lapras comes out here. He hits Sandslash with a Surf, takin the rest of his HP. You use your Dragonite now, bit he has a severe type-disadvantage. He gets one Outrage off before getting hit with an Ice Beam. This is likely to one-shot Dragonite, but, for the sake of a battle, it leaves him with barely any health. Dragonite uses another Outrage, which takes Lapras to half his health, but Lapras ends it with an Ice Beam. I know i did what you did fought your pokemon in order but you said marowak and Typhlosion started and I went from there. Also my blastoise has taken several electric moves from Raichoo who was also a level 100. Btw my pokemon are all level 100 to if you didnt know.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Also, not sure what's up with lapras wank. Dragonite outrage only takes away 1/4 of Lapras's hp? Sounds like a bit of bs imo.

jmoul
My Lapras's HP is over 400, and Both his Special Defense and Defense are damn near maxed out, he could take an Outrage, even from a level 100 Dragonite with about 1/4 of his HP lost.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
not a choice-banded dragonite with max attack and stab outrage (which has a base power of 120).

I am Vegeta
My Lapras's HP is over 400, and Both his Special Defense and Defense are damn near maxed out, he could take an Outrage, even from a level 100 Dragonite with about 1/4 of his HP lost. My dragonite was able to take 3 icebeams from an articuno

Nephthys
My magikarp beat a lv 100 Arceus.

jmoul
not a choice-banded dragonite with max attack and stab outrage (which has a base power of 120).

I've never been against anything with a choice-band with this team, since this is from Crystal. I fought a guy's Dragonite with max Special Attack, with a massive Attack as well. Lapras took an Outrage from that, and survived. Again, not choice banded.

I am Vegeta
My magikarp beat a lv 100 Arceus. thats one badass cocoon

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I've never been against anything with a choice-band with this team, since this is from Crystal. I fought a guy's Dragonite with max Special Attack, with a massive Attack as well. Lapras took an Outrage from that, and survived. Again, not choice banded.

Well, choice band makes my Dragonite's base attack go up to 564 thumb up

jmoul
Well, choice band makes my Dragonite's base attack go up to 564 thumb up

Well F**k, that thing is more powerful than a Mewtwo with maxed out Special Attack.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well F**k, that thing is more powerful than a Mewtwo with maxed out Special Attack.

Imagine Mewtwo with a choice item.

But yeah the weakness with choice items is that you can only use one of your 4 moves.

jmoul
So, that is completely cheap in my opinion (the Mewtwo situation). I still think that I can pull this off, but Lapras will lose quite a bit more health than I thought at first, but it now seems more likely that I will lose to Dragonite unless I one-shot him with Ice Beam.

ares834
You won't if he is packing multiscale.

And while your team can win, it generally won't.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, pokemon has evolved vastly since crystal with the abilities/items and such

jmoul
But he isn't (or he at least didn't say he is), so there is still a chance for me to succeed, again it would be a close match.

jmoul
Yeah, pokemon has evolved vastly since crystal with the abilities/items and such

I realize that, I'm just really unfamiliar with those changes, and I am so far behind, I'd really rather not learn it anymore than I have to now.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
But he isn't (or he at least didn't say he is), so there is still a chance for me to succeed, again it would be a close match.

Except my team doesn't just revolve around Dragonite (which could almost sweep your entire team barring Lapras), it has other hard-hitters such as Volcarona with quiver dance.

ares834

Not really, His team simply outclasses yours. You could win, but it's not likely to happen if he plays smart.

jmoul
Okay, I'll say that his team is solid, but it doesn't "outclass" mine. My team is actually a lot better than what you give me credit for. It was in crystal, which I agree, has been left in the pokemon Stone Ages. Also, I know how to play smart, not too many people can beat me, be it in Fire Red, Emerald, Crystal, Yellow, or any other version. In all honesty, in a link battle, I've never actually lost once. I have seen a lot of powerful teams, pushing me to the limit, but I still won every time. So I don't know of any team that really outclasses my teams.

I am Vegeta
Okay, I'll say that his team is solid, but it doesn't "outclass" mine. My team is actually a lot better than what you give me credit for. It was in crystal, which I agree, has been left in the pokemon Stone Ages. Also, I know how to play smart, not too many people can beat me, be it in Fire Red, Emerald, Crystal, Yellow, or any other version. In all honesty, in a link battle, I've never actually lost once. I have seen a lot of powerful teams, pushing me to the limit, but I still won every time. So I don't know of any team that really outclasses my teams. Same here undefeated my strategy has lead me to victory every time.

jmoul
^nice touch. (Goku is still stronger though)

I am Vegeta
^nice touch. (Goku is still stronger though) I know but then again vegeta at level 2 did better against bills then Goku at level 3. But lets get back on topic shall we.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
. So I don't know of any team that really outclasses my teams.

Palkia
Dialga
groudon
Mewtwo
Arceus
Zekrom

cool

jmoul
I meant non-legendary. Anybody can win with legendaries because of their god-like stats and often signature attacks.

It takes true skill to win without legendaries.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I meant non-legendary. Anybody can win with legendaries because of their god-like stats and often signature attacks.

It takes true skill to win without legendaries.

1. No. Not when your opponent is utilizing legendaries as well along with utilizing an efficient strategy to match.

2. No. Not when your opponent is utilizing legendaries as well along with utilizing an efficient strategy to match.

jmoul
Name one legendary in my team.

I allowed Registeel because he isn't as overpowered as Rayquaza, Kyogre, Palkia, Dialga, or most other legendaries. Unless their use is agreed upon beforehand they are really for those who don't know how to win without having something win just because they have stats at an unbeatable level.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I was simply countering when you said "it takes no skill to win with legendaries."

MooCowofJustice
Why is this thread still going? Your dreamteam isn't bad man, but it's not great by any means. I think you've seen a number of challenges that could easily defeat you.

Dramatic Gecko
MAGIKARP!

jmoul
^He's just too overpowered to even consider in any team. We've all seen that meme, so I don't even have to go into those details.

ares834
A team I used the other day.

Azelf
Focus Sash, Adamant, Max Speed and SpA
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Explosion
U-Turn

Smeargle (Own Tempo)
Focus Sash, Timid, Max Speed and HP
Shell Smash
Spore
Baton Pass
Destiny Bond

Dragonite (Multiscale)
Life Orb , Adamant, Max Attack and Speed
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Superpower

To lazy to post the other three....

But anyway, this is a really simple set, albeit fairly easy to counter.

Azelf is my lead. If against another entry hazard user I taunt, otherwise I lay stealth rocks. With focus Sash I am pretty much guaranteed to survive and then explode hopefully taking out the other lead or at least critically injuring it.

Then I said out Smeargle. The other Pokemon attacks but Smeargle survives due to focus sash I then shell smash (If it's not a typical priority user otherwise I spore). With the speed boost I go first then Spore. Then I baton pass to Dragonite who proceeds to almost always perform a flawless sweep.

Looking at your team you have no entry hazards or ways to counter my Smeargle. In other words, I can easily pull of the shell smash/baton pass combo and nothing you can do can prevent it. Dragonite then outspeeds your entire team and can OHKO everything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.