Batman VS DOOM:WILLPOWER

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Batman- Pre-Flashpoint

VS

DOOM- Classic

Battle of willpower!

Dark Knight or DOOM?

Brockalizer
They both have iron wills, but if you're trying to gauge who would use a GL ring more effectively then I'm going with Batman based on willpower and bravery.

Nietzschean
Doom.

he doesnt give a f*ck. he would lop off his own arm to show bats how much will power he has over him and not even whimper.

Mindset
Originally posted by Brockalizer
They both have iron wills, but if you're trying to gauge who would use a GL ring more effectively then I'm going with Batman based on willpower and bravery. Doom has better feats of will by far.

So basically, you just like Batman more.

NOOB.

Cogito
Batman has incredible will, but has also broken.

Doom does not break.

janus77
No contest. Doom is superior.

The way he trumped The Marquis Of Death demonstrated insane willpower.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom has better feats of will by far.

NOOB. Actually Doom is one of my all time favorites, but this isn't a popularity contest. Megalomania, ambition, and avarice are not the same as willpower. Doom sets a goal and gets thwarted on a regular basis, whereas Batman accomplishes almost everything he sets his mind to.

Estacado
Doom easily.

Silent Master
Actually Doom is one of my all time favorites, but this isn't a popularity contest. Megalomania, ambition, and avarice are not the same as willpower. Doom sets a goal and gets thwarted on a regular basis, whereas Batman accomplishes almost everything he sets his mind to.

Like cleaning up Gotham?

Mindset
Actually Doom is one of my all time favorites, but this isn't a popularity contest. Megalomania, ambition, and avarice are not the same as willpower. Doom sets a goal and gets thwarted on a regular basis, whereas Batman accomplishes almost everything he sets his mind to. Doom has accomplished every one of his goals.

Nice to see you ignore actual feats of willpower though.

Also:

Originally posted by Silent Master
Like cleaning up Gotham? Owned.

Brockalizer
Doom has accomplished every one of his goals.
No he hasn't, unless his goals are constantly being second best to Reed Richards, giving Bond villain speeches, or getting stopped by the Fantastic 4 or Avengers when he acts up. Sometimes he does win, but that victory is usually short lived, the Secret War is a good example. However, he loses more than he wins. Batman wins a lot more than he loses.
When Vic did achieve all his goals t was because Franklin Richards created an alternate universe specifically for Doom, it wasn't because of something Doom did himself.
Like cleaning up Gotham? It would be pretty stupid to have a super hero with no villains to go up against, Arkham is full of people that tried to fight the Batman and lost. It's not his fault that they can't keep people locked up.

Silent Master
IOW, he's failed to clean up Gotham.

Brockalizer
IOW, he's failed to clean up Gotham. Time will tell on that one. Like I pointed out earlier, Arkham has a revolving door. He locks one up, they let one out. He didn't create the system, he just has to work with what he's got.

Silent Master
Batman comics have been around since 1939 and Gotham is still a sh!thole, do you actually think that's going to change?

Mindset
No he hasn't, unless his goals are constantly being second best to Reed Richards, giving Bond villain speeches, or getting stopped by the Fantastic 4 or Avengers when he acts up. Sometimes he does win, but that victory is usually short lived, the Secret War is a good example. However, he loses more than he wins. Batman wins a lot more than he loses.
When Vic did achieve all his goals t was because Franklin Richards created an alternate universe specifically for Doom, it wasn't because of something Doom did himself.
It would be pretty stupid to have a super hero with no villains to go up against, Arkham is full of people that tried to fight the Batman and lost. It's not his fault that they can't keep people locked up. Name one goal that Doom has failed to accomplish.

Batman is a hero, of course he'll win more.

Neither of these things has anything to do with Doom having better feats of willpower. I'll wait for you to post superior Batman feats than Doom has.

Mindset
Batman comics have been around since 1939 and Gotham is still a sh!thole, do you actually think that's going to change? Double owned.

Silent Master
Name one goal that Doom has failed to accomplish.

Batman is a hero, of course he'll win more.

Neither of these things has anything to do with Doom having better feats of willpower. I'll wait for you to post superior Batman feats than Doom has.

Well, there is that time that Batman ended up taking venom because he had trouble lifting a big rock. that takes a lot of willpower, right?

Mindset
If Batman could resist molesting boys I'd give him the nod, but that's never going to happen.

Nietzschean
Doom has better feats of will by far.

NOOB. i voted for Doom. confused

Mindset
Ok?

Silent Master
If Batman could resist molesting boys I'd give him the nod, but that's never going to happen.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/092010/1284123330_chris-hansen-gif.gif

janus77
Batman's resisted Batgirl for quite some time, right?

Silent Master
Originally posted by janus77
Batman's resisted Batgirl for quite some time, right?

He didn't have to.

janus77
He didn't have to.
That never stopped him with Robin shifty

Mindset
Batman is disgusted by the female body, much like our resident vigilante masterbruce.

Wei Phoenix
Doom's willpower. Time to one up this one Batfans. http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Doom%20Stats/DoomWill06507.jpg.html

LordofBrooklyn
Could a mod add a poll to this thread?

Brockalizer

Only one? That's too easy. Here are a few. I don't have a scanner so you're S.O.L there. In "Infinity War" his goal was to steal the Magus' cosmic power source and keep it for himself. Result fail. In "The End" his goal was to travel to the past and replace Akenhaten, before he received his power from the Celestial Order, did he fail or succeed? Answer fail. In "Venom Bomb" he failed when tried to outsmart Tony by getting back to the future with a demon army and defeating the Avengers, only to fall short once again. What about the #1 consistent goal Doom has has for the entire tenure of his existence, proving to be smarter than Reed Richards? Success or Failure, answer failure.

I'll wait for you to post superior Batman feats than Doom has. You want superior feats, how about routinely going up against villains that have committed unspeakable acts of brutality against societies most innocent and resisting the urge to kill them. How about going up against villains that are physically his superior and beating them himself, rather than asking Superman or one of the other JLA members to take care of it for him. How about being born with a silver spoon up his ass and rather than turning into megalomaniacal tyrant he devotes himself to making his community a better place.

Batman comics have been around since 1939 and Gotham is still a sh!thole, do you actually think that's going to change? And how many reboots has he gone through in that time? Like I said earlier, he beats the bad guy, Arkham lets one or two out. Batman has absolutely nothing to do with Arkhams revolving door policy. You're also forgetting that while yes Gotham still is a sh@thole, it has gotten much better than it was before Bruce took on the mantle of the bat.

Silent Master
Not really, before Batman took the mantle there were very few if any supervillians running aroud, IMO it'd be fair to say that Gotham has actually gotten more dangerous since Batman showed up.

Wei Phoenix
Only one? That's too easy. Here are a few. I don't have a scanner so you're S.O.L there. In "Infinity War" his goal was to steal the Magus' cosmic power source and keep it for himself. Result fail. In "The End" his goal was to travel to the past and replace Akenhaten, before he received his power from the Celestial Order, did he fail or succeed? Answer fail. In "Venom Bomb" he failed when tried to outsmart Tony by getting back to the future with a demon army and defeating the Avengers, only to fall short once again. What about the #1 consistent goal Doom has has for the entire tenure of his existence, proving to be smarter than Reed Richards? Success or Failure, answer failure.

You want superior feats, how about routinely going up against villains that have committed unspeakable acts of brutality against societies most innocent and resisting the urge to kill them. How about going up against villains that are physically his superior and beating them himself, rather than asking Superman or one of the other JLA members to take care of it for him. How about being born with a silver spoon up his ass and rather than turning into megalomaniacal tyrant he devotes himself to making his community a better place.

And how many reboots has he gone through in that time? Like I said earlier, he beats the bad guy, Arkham lets one or two out. Batman has absolutely nothing to do with Arkhams revolving door policy. You're also forgetting that while yes Gotham still is a sh@thole, it has gotten much better than it was before Bruce took on the mantle of the bat.

Such weak examples and arguments. How does your examples trump the Hell feat I posted compliments of ODG?

ilikecomics
the only way Batman would win is if doom mind transferred with him and won in his body, he would then probably ass phuck robin better than bats and show superior striking force by finally destroying the most indestructible item in comicdom, robin's anus. the end.

cdtm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/22_zps498b8867.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/27_zps3ad21784.jpg

Kind of hard to think of a better feat of will than fighting on while getting ripped in half.. Especially when your opponent is someone who swatted away Galactus like a fly.

quanchi112
Doom, head and shoulders above Bats.

Mindset

You want superior feats, how about routinely going up against villains that have committed unspeakable acts of brutality against societies most innocent and resisting the urge to kill them. How about going up against villains that are physically his superior and beating them himself, rather than asking Superman or one of the other JLA members to take care of it for him. How about being born with a silver spoon up his ass and rather than turning into megalomaniacal tyrant he devotes himself to making his community a better place.

And how many reboots has he gone through in that time? Like I said earlier, he beats the bad guy, Arkham lets one or two out. Batman has absolutely nothing to do with Arkhams revolving door policy. You're also forgetting that while yes Gotham still is a sh@thole, it has gotten much better than it was before Bruce took on the mantle of the bat. The goal of each of those would be the end result of either world domination or being the strongest person alive, he didn't succeed in those specific examples, but he has already achieved both of those goals. Success:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/DoomArmor43-ArtificialIntelligence2.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/DoomGenius07350.jpg

Lmao, how do these measly feats compare to Doom's? Doom beats people that would kill the entire JLA alone.

Badabing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Doom, head and shoulders above Bats. Shut up. Go home. You're a false Trekkie. Link >>>> True Blood.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Shut up. Go home. You're a false Trekkie. Link >>>> True Blood. I am the Nublood of a dead fanbase which needed a new left Ventricle to pump blood to the arteries. Say hello to the left Ventricle.

Russell Edgington>>>legend of Zelda.

carver9

Picking up Thor hammer. As for the thread, Doom stomps.

WhiteWitchKing
Only one? That's too easy. Here are a few. I don't have a scanner so you're S.O.L there. In "Infinity War" his goal was to steal the Magus' cosmic power source and keep it for himself. Result fail.

Not sure about the other ones because I haven't read them but he was successful in this one. Magus was down and was handing him the Gauntlet until the Tribunal activated it's powers again. That was a force far beyond what Doom could forsee or stop. He and Kang got to Magus before even Galactus or the heroes did. The Cosmic Cubes were stolen, during Doom/Magus fight, by the Goddess. He stomped both Magus and Adam in the encounter. His goal was stopped by a deus ex machina.

Mindset
Originally posted by carver9
Picking up Thor hammer. As for the thread, Doom stomps. Carver, shut up.

Odekahn
IOW, he's failed to clean up Gotham.

... That's because the story hasn't ended yet. It's batman's war on crime, an ongoing thing, but Batman almost always wins his battles. That's the difference.

carver9
Carver, shut up.

laughing out loud

Jynocidus
Batman

leonidas
well, i know better than to question mindset, so i won't. but i will throw out a question that has me curious: we all know doom has crazy willpower, but for the sake of a discussion, let's reverse the situation for a moment: if DOOM'S parents were killed by a gunman, and doom found them, would he have enough willpower NOT to kill them? iow--does it take more willpower to achieve a sought after goal saying "to hell with who dies or HOW i do it," or does it take more willpower to actively stay within moral boundaries even if it means NOT accomplishing your goal?

Cogito
Originally posted by leonidas
well, i know better than to question mindset, so i won't. but i will throw out a question that has me curious: we all know doom has crazy willpower, but for the sake of a discussion, let's reverse the situation for a moment: if DOOM'S parents were killed by a gunman, and doom found them, would he have enough willpower NOT to kill them? iow--does it take more willpower to achieve a sought after goal saying "to hell with who dies or HOW i do it," or does it take more willpower to actively stay within moral boundaries even if it means NOT accomplishing your goal?

I think Doom could stop himself, but he wouldn't. It's not just a matter of willpower, it's absolutely also a matter of morals. It takes willpower to stay within your moral boundaries, but willpower has nothing to do with what those moral boundaries are, and Doom's are...significantly broader than Bruce's.

MF DELPH
Hmm...

If it served his purposes, yes, Doom would. Just like it served his purposes to forego becoming the Sorcerer Supreme and check his ego in order to have Dr. Strange aid him in his scheme to save his mother's soul from hell, even though it meant losing his mother's love and being rejected by her in order to save her.

Though, I think in Doom's case it's more of a self serving determination than it is a 'moral' will. I also don't think 'morality' is a requisite for will.

Bouboumaster

Being better than Reed Richards.
He failed this one miserably.

MF DELPH
Not necessarily. Reed is arguably a better scientist but Doom is a better strategist and also a top rank sorcerer. If you add all of Doom's attributes up he is actually superior to Reed, but he's misguided and can't let the beef go because of his ego. Megalomania mixed with an inferiority complex.

leonidas
then i suppose that begs the question: if bruce were as utterly immoral as doom, could he have accomplished all the things doom has? and i don't think morality is a requisite for willpower either--i simply used bruce's SENSE of morality as a testament to his own willpower. staying within a moral boundary does indeed require great willpower--especially when it's NOT self-serving.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Odekahn
... That's because the story hasn't ended yet. It's batman's war on crime, an ongoing thing, but Batman almost always wins his battles. That's the difference.

Yet he's even further away from his goal than when he started, that doesn't sound like something to be proud of.

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas
then i suppose that begs the question: if bruce were as utterly immoral as doom, could he have accomplished all the things doom has?

Probably not.

Mainly due to technical limitations. Bruce is smart, but not Doom smart in the tech department. (That kind of goes for DC science in general, though. You have to look towards the Legion of Super Heroes to really compare to the best Marvel super science..)

Celestial killing guns and Big G power jacking plans are some of the things I'm talking about. These things Reed and Doom cobble together on their own time, while Batman or the JLA would need a plot device from some external source to have a chance at defeating such beings, and it would end up being a close shave...

80sBaby
This is simple. Batman's been broken by Emperor Joker while Doom doesn't even scream while being tortured in Hell.

Doom wins, easily.

Brockalizer
Delusions or grandeur and willpower are not the same thing. A true test of ones willpower is setting realistic goals, knowing ones limitations,acknowledging the possibility of failure, and proceeding anyway. When Batman sets out to fight crime he doesn't harbour any allusions that he will completely eradicate all crime within the city. He knows his limitations, overcomes tremendous odds and maintains a realistic attitude. Doom on the other hand assumes that he will win simply because he is Doom. He creates unrealistic goals for himself and when he fails he acts like a Scooby Doo villain and blames everyone but himself for his failure.

Silent Master
Realistic goals, like cleaning up Gotham?

80sBaby
Delusions or grandeur and willpower are not the same thing. A true test of ones willpower is setting realistic goals, knowing ones limitations,acknowledging the possibility of failure, and proceeding anyway. When Batman sets out to fight crime he doesn't harbour any allusions that he will completely eradicate all crime within the city. He knows his limitations, overcomes tremendous odds and maintains a realistic attitude. Doom on the other hand assumes that he will win simply because he is Doom. He creates unrealistic goals for himself and when he fails he acts like a Scooby Doo villain and blames everyone but himself for his failure.
Realistic goals or attitude have nothing to do with willpower.

Again, Bruce has been broken whereas Doom has not. Doom wins.

Mindset
Delusions or grandeur and willpower are not the same thing. A true test of ones willpower is setting realistic goals, knowing ones limitations,acknowledging the possibility of failure, and proceeding anyway. When Batman sets out to fight crime he doesn't harbour any allusions that he will completely eradicate all crime within the city. He knows his limitations, overcomes tremendous odds and maintains a realistic attitude. Doom on the other hand assumes that he will win simply because he is Doom. He creates unrealistic goals for himself and when he fails he acts like a Scooby Doo villain and blames everyone but himself for his failure. What's a realistic goal for Doom?

He has beaten Odin, SS, Reed, Galactus, Beyonder, MoD, taken over the world multiple times, etc.

Anyway, his showings of willpower: Taking Beyonder's powers, no sold a amped Purple Man, and coming back from being tossed back in time to own MoD, among other things trumps Batman absolutely.

Idk why you refuse to accept the fact that Doom is superior.

TheGodKiller
Doom, without a shadow of a doubt.

Warlord
Doom is willpower noobs

Sixth_Winged
The reason Green Lanterns are based on willpower is because Green is the color of Dooms Cape. Somehow GL creators foretold of the future where a legendary character's willpower is so strong, they became unwitting organic doombots.

Oh and batman is impotent compared to Doom.

Batman-Prime
Batman

Based
All Doom has to do is threaten a newborn baby to death and Bats willpower is gone.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Batman Based on ?

TheLordofMurder
Surtur wins

Based on?

tkitna
Limitations are for lesser beings.

Doom wins of course.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Based on? That is Thanos' whipping boy. What does he have to do with this ?

Enzeru
If Batman had a fraction of Doom's will power, he would have resurrected his parents long time ago as well cleaned Gotham City up during his first patrol.

Aakla
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
The reason Green Lanterns are based on willpower is because Green is the color of Dooms Cape. Somehow GL creators foretold of the future where a legendary character's willpower is so strong, they became unwitting organic doombots.

Oh and batman is impotent compared to Doom.

lol

Mshinu
Doomie wins, not even close.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-zo/THF9ehJ6U5I/AAAAAAAAOmo/SgGieBaMerc/s640/drdoomPurpleMan.jpg

Turkey Pie
Based on ?

How often Doom chokes.

Dooms willpower and determination always seem to leave him when he is on the cusp of final victory... Almost like he knows he is a loser.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.