Your favorite character VS Your least favorite character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolverinos
its the character you love the most vs the character you hate the most.
who wins?

Brockalizer
Thanos vs Wonder Woman. The Titan makes wish she never left the kitchen.

StiltmanFTW
It'd be a fun sight, Thanos wearing the Infinity Gauntlet and forcibly fisting her holes.

Nibedicus
Spiderman and Spiderman

StiltmanFTW
You hate him and love him at the same time? stick out tongue

Brockalizer
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It'd be a fun sight, Thanos wearing the Infinity Gauntlet and forcibly fisting her holes. He'd wink at Hippolyta while donkey punching Diana.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You hate him and love him at the same time? stick out tongue

Yep.

Silent Master
Wonder-man vs Wolverine.

Simon wins 10/10

Batman-Prime
Batman vs Joker
Superman vs Lex Luthor
Magneto vs Red Skull

DarkSaint85
Hulk wins.

Mindship
Surfer vs Reggie Mantle. Board to back of RM's head ftw.

Digi
Spider-Man vs. Hulk

Spider-Man wins, of course.

yes

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Digi
Spider-Man vs. Hulk

yes

He already beat Hulk 1 on 1.

celeyhyga17
Nova Prime (Rider) vs Nova (Alexander)

U were right all along dmills. This character is a useless turd who should be killed off ASAP!

Bring back the one and only true Nova!

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Mindship
Surfer vs Reggie Mantle. Board to back of RM's head ftw.

There are few pure trolls in comics like Reggie Mantle laughing out loud

carver9
Spider-Man vs. Hulk

yes

What reason do you not like the Hulk?

jitay
Spock vs superman

I don't hate Supes but he's my least Gabe character and with prep like an hours Spock could take big grin

-Pr-
Cyclops pre Fraction vs Cyclops post Fraction.

Draw, probably.

Digi
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
He already beat Hulk 1 on 1.

Exactly.

thumb up

Originally posted by carver9
What reason do you not like the Hulk?

He's a one-dimensional caricature of what he used to be - an embodiment of the lonely internal struggle with one's quiet rage that seeps into and poisons relationships and meaningful endeavors, and the ostracization that ensues when others can't cope with or understand your struggle. Anymore, he's mostly walking fan-service for the hormonal, angsty teen demographic who get off to irrational feats instead of nuanced character development. And the often logic-defying application of his powers in comics, and the level at which he operates, requires more suspension of disbelief than any character since pre-original-crisis days.

I think that hits the major points.

-Pr-
He's a one-dimensional caricature of what he used to be - an embodiment of the lonely internal struggle with one's quiet rage that seeps into and poisons relationships and meaningful endeavors, and the ostracization that ensues when others can't cope with or understand your struggle. Anymore, he's mostly walking fan-service for the hormonal, angsty teen demographic who get off to irrational feats instead of nuanced character development. And the often logic-defying application of his powers in comics, and the level at which he operates, requires more suspension of disbelief than any character since pre-original-crisis days.

That's mostly true, though I think ever since Pak left the book, they've been slowly retreating from that, even if it's very ****ing slow.

carver9
Exactly.

thumb up

Lol...understandable but we can say all of this about every mainstream character with a lot of popularity. Hulk isn't the only character that does things outside of his powerset but the thing about it is, a good explanation can be made regarding some of the things he's done on panel...especially since the character isn't as one dimensional as most think.

Digi
Lol...understandable but we can say all of this about every mainstream character with a lot of popularity.

Not at all.

Hulk isn't the only character that does things outside of his powerset but the thing about it is, a good explanation can be made regarding some of the things he's done on panel...especially since the character isn't as one dimensional as most think.

You're talking about feats and power levels, which is honestly the least of his offenses. It's also why I listed that stuff last. The other stuff is far more important, and has basically been forgotten in his books for years.

Silent Master

The last half of your post could also be applied to Wolverine. thumb up

Starscream M
Originally posted by Silent Master
The last half of your post could also be applied to Wolverine. thumb up or thor

Digi
The last half of your post could also be applied to Wolverine. thumb up

Nah, not nearly as much. I actually don't mind Logan. They haven't forgotten to give the character some heart and to write compelling stories for him on occasion. X-Force is a great example.

He's just overexposed.

-Pr-
Lol...understandable but we can say all of this about every mainstream character with a lot of popularity. Hulk isn't the only character that does things outside of his powerset but the thing about it is, a good explanation can be made regarding some of the things he's done on panel...especially since the character isn't as one dimensional as most think.

Not really. Did you even read his post?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Starscream M
or thor

How so?

Digi
or thor

Thor: God of Thunder begs to differ. Name me a Marvel title in the last five years that has managed to inspire as much sublime awe in critical reception, while staying true to the character and who he is.

Such titles do exist. But they're few and far between.

And if you're talking only about feats, well, everyone has their opinion. It's not the level of the Hulk's feats but the nature of them that often makes no sense. I have no issue with any character going "outside" their limits now and then for the sake of the story. It just needs to remain consistent with what the character should believably be able to accomplish given their power set.

Hyperion Prime
Thanos vs Wolverine
Thanos vs Superman

I would love to see Thanos crush these two.

carver9
Not at all.

You're talking about feats and power levels, which is honestly the least of his offenses. It's also why I listed that stuff last. The other stuff is far more important, and has basically been forgotten in his books for years.

Its the same Savage Hulk though. I agree with one thing though, writers lately has been focusing more on plot with the character instead of focusing on characterization. I can see where you are coming from but imo I just think a lot of your post applies to people like Thor, Superman, Surfer, Spiderman, Wolverine, etc...as well.

dial J for Josh
Exactly.

thumb up

Perfectly said. When I was a teen I was relatively content, but like most teens I dealt with problems of insecurity and hidden anger for not meeting or exceeding my own expectations. While contemplating these thoughts of negativity I would at times reminisce the Hulk. The quintessential embodiment of rage itself and it would help relieve me in stressful times. Hell after school I would play the free roaming Hulk Ultimate Destruction and just wreck the city and anything that would dare desire me to yield to it. For hulk was everything I aspired to be. So psychologically it was not hulk destroying the city it was me in control the entire time while hulk was simply my pawn in order to relinquish all ill-minded thoughts. So I am very thankful for hulk providing me with therapy during those dark times. But for reasons that digi did an excellent job stating above is one of the key reasons why I grew out of love with the character as I matured. Hulk has served his purpose for me in the past, so no matter what he will always have an angry vice-grip on a small portion of my heart.

Digi
Its the same Savage Hulk though. I agree with one thing though, writers lately has been focusing more on plot with the character instead of focusing on characterization. I can see where you are coming from but imo I just think a lot of your post applies to people like Thor, Superman, Surfer, Spiderman, Wolverine, etc...as well.

Very little is terribly nuanced at the main companies. So to an extent, you have a point. But none of the other characters have had their persona inverted so fully for the sake of appeasing a fan base. Hulk is literally unrecognizable as a character compared to what originally made him unique.

Lobo was created as a parody of Wolverine. He was intended to be over-the-top absurd. Then fans fell in love with him, so they kept it. At least Lobo retained a healthy sense of irony in his titles. Hulk basically became a roid rage parody, but with none of the levity.

Silent Master
Nah, not nearly as much. I actually don't mind Logan. They haven't forgotten to give the character some heart and to write compelling stories for him on occasion. X-Force is a great example.

He's just overexposed.

He's way overexposed and let's face it, based on his powers he should be the underdog in any fight with someone above cl 5, but given the " logic-defying application of his powers in comics" when was the last time him being written as the underdog could be considered the norm?

Digi
Also, carver, I don't mind discussing this, and don't want you to think this is an attack on you for liking the Hulk. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. I'm just very apathetic toward him, for reasons stated.

-Pr-
Also, carver, I don't mind discussing this, and don't want you to think this is an attack on you for liking the Hulk. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. I'm just very apathetic toward him, for reasons stated.

Do you not like the Hulk as he was when Peter David wrote him? Or even Pak's early work?

Digi
He's way overexposed and let's face it, based on his powers he should be the underdog in any fight with someone above cl 5, but given the " logic-defying application of his powers in comics" when was the last time him being written as the underdog could be considered the norm?

He does have adamantium as a trump card. It allows him, imo, to believably harm and threaten otherwise superior threats.

Basically, I'm ok with characters going out of their weight class, so to speak. I'm not ok with using physical strength to defy the laws of physics, even the more-nebulous world of comic physics, which Hulk is guilty of on more than one occasion.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Do you not like the Hulk as he was when Peter David wrote him? Or even Pak's early work?

Goodness, you're asking me to dig back to individual writers. I can't say my memory is perfect with this stuff...I tend not to pay attention to writers with even some of my favorite characters.

Silent Master
He does have adamantium as a trump card. It allows him, imo, to believably harm and threaten otherwise superior threats.

Basically, I'm ok with characters going out of their weight class, so to speak. I'm not ok with using physical strength to defy the laws of physics, even the more-nebulous world of comic physics, which Hulk is guilty of on more than one occasion.

Adamantium claws might allow him to hurt or threaten otherwise superior threats. however it does nothing to stop him from taking damage from attacks. yet supposedly his healing factor has two different levels...one for when he fights people on his level, where you can see him getting injured and it takes time to heal the injuries and the other for when he gets hit by people cl 10 and above, where his organs should be tuned to paste after every hit...yet sed hits rarely even slow him down.

JayDaDon
or thor

Lol, wrong. WRONG.

tkitna
Sentry vrs Namor

Oh wait,it already happened. Namor survived so it looks like a decent feat for him. Urgh.

Odekahn
Hal Jordan vs John Stewert

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry vrs Namor

Oh wait,it already happened. Namor survived so it looks like a decent feat for him. Urgh.
He also knocked him out in Avengers/Invaders.

laughing out loud

Superman vs Wonder Woman. Already happened.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/016-SupermanBatman015Rembrandt-DCP.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/017-SupermanBatman015Rembrandt-DCP.jpg

Endless Mike
Doctor Strange vs. Wolverine

Sadly, I have a feeling this has probably been done at least once and Logan shanked him or something.

psycho gundam
I can't say my memory is perfect with this stuff...I tend not to pay attention to writers with even some of my favorite characters. this should have preceded the stuff you said before

carver9
Very little is terribly nuanced at the main companies. So to an extent, you have a point. But none of the other characters have had their persona inverted so fully for the sake of appeasing a fan base. Hulk is literally unrecognizable as a character compared to what originally made him unique.

Lobo was created as a parody of Wolverine. He was intended to be over-the-top absurd. Then fans fell in love with him, so they kept it. At least Lobo retained a healthy sense of irony in his titles. Hulk basically became a roid rage parody, but with none of the levity.

I agree with everything you've said. In regards to his persona being flipped, that has always been a part of the character, since the beginning. Again, I can understand why you dont like the character because everything you've stated has always been and to like Hulk, you have to accept all of the above. I think Marvel should have stayed with WWH, but, whataver...I guess they want to have options on when to use and when not to use the character.

I agree with Lobo as well but I think he is as broken as the Hulk is, hell, I think it could possibly be on a higher level.

As for your other comment, I'm not taking this serious...this is a friendly debate. I think I know you enough to know that you are a cool guy to debate with. I have enever seen you go on the deep end with someone, even during a deep discussion. I still think you need to read a lil more Hulk though...you'll probably end up liking the character again because honestly, he is far away from being one dimensional.

Yamcha
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsca6ca92f.jpg

VS

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps75b5c25a.jpg

MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL >_>.

Estacado
Thanos vs Hulk wanna see Banner getting the shit beaten out of him.
Bane vs Joker
Darkness vs Captain America
Havok vs Wolverine

pym-ftw
Pym vs Lazy Superman writing?

Superman bench presses the microverse.

Creel vs Logan
Typhoid Mary vs Robin (Steph)
Iron Fist vs Venom
Cage vs Black Widow
Man Thing vs Ghost Rider
Ronan vs Terrax
Enchantress vs Wonderman
Avengers Academy vs Young Avengers.

Firefly218
Spiderman vs captain planet

Spidey kicks his ass

janus77
Sadly, even in the realms of the purely hypothetical, I suspend disbelief long enough to imagine a coherent scenario where my favourite hero (or anyone, at that) beats that bland shield-maiden Captain America sad.

jitay
Originally posted by Inhuman
Found the Original pic, unaltered.

http://i.imgur.com/0Kid0ZN.jpg

JayDaDon
Originally posted by abhilegend
He also knocked him out in Avengers/Invaders.

laughing out loud

Superman vs Wonder Woman. Already happened.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/016-SupermanBatman015Rembrandt-DCP.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/017-SupermanBatman015Rembrandt-DCP.jpg

I do however approve of that outfit on Diana.

jitay
Originally posted by Yamcha
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsca6ca92f.jpg

VS

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps75b5c25a.jpg

MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL >_>.

Isn't she a depowered mutant vamp now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.