Magic Heirarchy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
Nico Minoru (sister grimm of runaways)
John Constantine
Scarlet Witch
Zatanna
Shaman
Loki
Tim Hunter
Manitou Raven

Rate them below based on:

Resources
Skill
Power
Formidability

ill start

John Constantine
R: 50
S: 100
P: 30
F: 70

Cogito
Interesting. There's some issues to hammer out.

What does max level 100 mean? For example, is 100 the best possible of any character that exists, or is 100 the best of those listed?

Are we talking average? Highs? Tim Hunter, at least, got progressively more powerful as I understand it (not a Tim Hunter expert).

Sixth_Winged
100 is high herald level

anything beyond well just put it as 100 as well

operator616
Originally posted by Cogito

Tim Hunter, at least, got progressively more powerful as I understand it (not a Tim Hunter expert).

Tim's potential is multiversal. Since becoming the Merlin he's become an essential part of creation itself.

Galan007
I'd probably have Constantine maxed out in every category aside, perhaps, from raw power output.

Put him in a comic with any of the other characters listed, and I could see him outclassing them.

Uriel005
The problem with a lot of magic is that their power output can depend on what god/helldeity they have backing them at the moment. If we're talking about solo power no outside forces Tim Hunter is probably topping the chart at 100 in power. Also here's how I'd rate Constantine

Resources: 65-100
the man is wired into the magic community and it all depends on how they feel towards him at the moment. If he's got backing then his resources as part of the trench coat brigade+ all the favors he's owed can really put him over the top in this department.

Skills: 100
This is the archetypical skills guy for magic. He doesn't rely much on power, he relies on his knowledge, research ability, raw balls i.e. selling his soul to so many hell deities they aren't sure who owns his ass and dick sleight of hand that would make any real world magicians head spin as his enemies realize just what sort of plotting he went through to completely and royally screw them.

Power: 40-100

If I remember correctly he's no slouch in the power department and he definitely knows his stuff however if he's allowed to call in deity backing his power is whatever it needs to be and in all likelyhood could finangle his way into a position to topple Tim 1 on 1 in raw power. So on his own 40 out of 100 give him time and a drive to get more raw power or the universe collapses I'd give him a month to go beyond elder god level.

Formidability: 100

He's the Reed Richards of magic don't mess with him

Golgo13
Originally posted by Cogito
Interesting. There's some issues to hammer out.

What does max level 100 mean? For example, is 100 the best possible of any character that exists, or is 100 the best of those listed?

Are we talking average? Highs? Tim Hunter, at least, got progressively more powerful as I understand it (not a Tim Hunter expert).

Operator has pics of Tim in this thread. He was friggen uber.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=579081&pagenumber=1

Uriel005
bump honestly interested in opinions

Warlord

Sixth_Winged
Ah probably should have defined the attributes better.

Resource - artifacts, weapons, talismans, external magic source, deities to back them up, familiars, magical territory, books, scrolls and minions at their disposal.

Skill - Their competency in using spells to live up to their potential. Think of them doing as much as they can with as little they have.

Power - Their own magical power, abilities that doesn't require external aid or outside help to be optimal.

Formidability - Their worth at combat and against other aspects compared to other magical users.

TheGodKiller
Zatanna
R: 100
P: 100
F: 0

beatboks
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Zatanna
R: 100
P: 100

GOD NOOOOO!!! Zee has many limitations. For decades the extensive use of her power limited her to elemental magic only for just a start.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Ah probably should have defined the attributes better.

Resource - artifacts, weapons, talismans, external magic source, deities to back them up, familiars, magical territory, books, scrolls and minions at their disposal.

Skill - Their competency in using spells to live up to their potential. Think of them doing as much as they can with as little they have.

Power - Their own magical power, abilities that doesn't require external aid or outside help to be optimal.

Formidability - Their worth at combat and against other aspects compared to other magical users. by this standard my list for John is still fairly accurate. Resource wise he has the connections and favors to pretty much get what he wants iirc he was able to legitimately get his hands on a spark of creation but don't quote me on that. That said he's got favors and friends all over the world, underworld, heaven, neutral purgatories, etc etc. He has access to a hell of a lot of resources but its also dependent on who is not trying to kill him at the moment as he has the bad tendency to get put on people's shit list. The others stay the same imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.