Dark Phoenix vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
How does Jean Grey Dark Phoenix matchup against a legit skyfather.

Magnon
Dark Phoenix > Galactus > Odin

Endless Mike
Phoenix

TheGodKiller
Based on hyperbole: Phoenix.

Based on actual feats: Odin.

Warlord
phoenix

Igniz
Dark Phoenix did destroy a galaxy after all.But she was stopped by Prof X and Jean in a sort a Psi-war.And I reckon Odin can TP his way to beat the Dark Phoenix.

Endless Mike
That's because Jean was fighting back against the possession.

abhilegend
DP wins.

TheGodKiller
^Based on?

abhilegend
Her feats.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by abhilegend
Her feats.
Aren't superior to Odin's. So, I'll ask again: based on what does she win?

wolverinos
Originally posted by TheGodKiller

and those feats would be? DP destroyed a galaxy...

janus77
Originally posted by wolverinos
Odin destroyed a barrel of ale.

TheGodKiller
I seriously hope you're joking. Only a newbie, a troll or someone specifically ignorant of Odin's on-panel feats would make such a statement and not feel utterly dumb/retarded/stupid for doing so.

wolverinos
I seriously hope you're joking. Only a newbie, a troll or someone specifically ignorant of Odin's on-panel feats would make such a statement and not feel utterly dumb/retarded/stupid for doing so.

dude answer the question or shut the hell up... geez

TheGodKiller
dude answer the question or shut the hell up... geez
1)Phoenix has never destroyed a galaxy.
2)Odin, on the other hand, has done so, multiple times for it to considered his standard level of power.

Odin's feats are far and away better than anything 616-Phoenix has accomplished, and this much is an indisputable fact, not up for debate.

So, back to the more relevant part of this discussion: which one are you, a troll, a newbie or a Thor/Odin-hater?

guy222
Phoenix

wolverinos
2)Odin, on the other hand, has done so, multiple times for it to considered his standard level of power.

Odin's feats are far and away better than anything 616-Phoenix has accomplished, and this much is an indisputable fact, not up for debate.

So, back to the more relevant part of this discussion: which one are you, a troll, a newbie or a Thor/Odin-hater?

first of all dark phoenix did destroy a galaxy.
second of all you did not give any feats for odin at all to top that, you are basically being trollish and butthurt.

as i said earlier present some feats or STFU.

Dumb fanboys like you make me wish there was a slap button to slap you over your head for such a stupidity.
by your logic if i ask feats for Odin because he is facing someone who can destroy galaxies i am an Odin hater? go shove some rubber model of mjolnir up your anus.

Batman-Prime
Didn't DP fought Galactus and looked better then Odin?

The Phoenix force is an abstract while Odin is "just" a Skyfather.

ODG
second of all you did not give any feats for odin at all to top that, you are basically being trollish and butthurt.

Dumb fanboys like you make me wish there was a slap button to slap you over your head for such a stupidity.
by your logic if i ask feats for Odin because he is facing someone who can destroy galaxies i am an Odin hater? go shove some rubber model of mjolnir up your anus. Honest question: did you accidentally sh1t your undies while typing this post?

zopzop
Originally posted by Batman-Prime

DP Jean never fought Galactus. Only time PF Jean fought Galactus was from a What If.

Now regarding DP Jean's power level :
http://s24.postimg.org/7z6r6zhy9/UX135_Heroes.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/qssk3zg69/1175125_dark_phoenix_destroys01.jpg
Reed's instruments said her power level was approaching that of Galactus and this was when she wasn't even at full power! She admits as such on the next page.

DP Jean could take this.

Batman-Prime
^thumb up Thanks. I agree, she should take this.

Odekahn
I thought it was Rachel Summers who went up against big G, and wasn't galactus hungry?

operator616
^ different instance. Rachel went against Galactus in Excalibur. While the scans provided are of an alt. Galactus from a what if? issue. Galactus also said that he could destroy her.

wolverinos
Originally posted by ODG
Honest question: did you accidentally sh1t your undies while typing this post?

Honest question, did you just stained your undies with anal bleeding while reading my post, of anger that someone dares to question the asgard familia?

Igniz

Forgive me for the misdirection GK.I'm at fault for saying Dark Phoenix destroyed a galaxy.It wasn't a galaxy Dark Phoenix destroyed.It was only a star system she destroyed as seen in this scan.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/56904/1791791-xmtdps133rf2_001.jpg

If this is the Dark Phoenix mentioned by the thread starter, I must say Odin takes this since DP wasn't actually at full power.

ODG
Yes, I sh@t myself. Good to know. thumb up

wolverinos
Originally posted by ODG
can i sniff your underwear to find out?

no you cant no expression

ODG
Dumb fanboys like you make me wish there was a slap button to slap you over your head for such a stupidity. I'd settle for slapping your mother.

abhilegend
Sigh.

leonidas
laughing out loud

anyway, gk said it right: dp based on talk, odin based on feats. if it happened, i'd take dp as i think she has reserves deeper than odin.

janus77
Odin gets DP'd.

wolverinos
Originally posted by ODG
I'd settle for slapping your mother.

mama jokes? U MAD?
funniest thing is that i see you got the last word syndrome and i am having fun treating you like a step child by working on your mental disability big grin
go ahead dogie bark again...

Tornatic

Exactly. Dark Phoenix is at a much higher level than any skyfather.

deathlife

Sounds right.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by zopzop
DP Jean never fought Galactus. Only time PF Jean fought Galactus was from a What If.

Now regarding DP Jean's power level :
http://s24.postimg.org/7z6r6zhy9/UX135_Heroes.jpg http://s24.postimg.org/qssk3zg69/1175125_dark_phoenix_destroys01.jpg
Reed's instruments said her power level was approaching that of Galactus and this was when she wasn't even at full power! She admits as such on the next page.

DP Jean could take this.
ODG, your cue to jump in and start the "The Eternal, Internal Conflict of ZopZop's Flip-Flops"show here.

by your logic if i ask feats for Odin because he is facing someone who can destroy galaxies i am an Odin hater? go shove some rubber model of mjolnir up your anus.
http://i1.r7.com/data/files/2C95/948F/37FF/C295/0138/0051/7F21/57FE/irony-meter.gif

Nope. Phoenix-Rachel did fight him, but that was a weakened version of Galactus that was rapidly losing power throughout their fight.

Sundipped
Originally posted by janus77
Odin gets DP'd.

A flaming hot DP at that. thumb up

the Darkone
by feats Odin

ODG
mama jokes? U MAD?
funniest thing is that i see you got the last word syndrome and i am having fun treating you like a step child by working on your mental disability big grin
go ahead dogie bark again... Coming from the guy who wrote this post: Originally posted by wolverinos

by your logic if i ask feats for Odin because he is facing someone who can destroy galaxies i am an Odin hater? go shove some rubber model of mjolnir up your anus. How hard do you try to be this retarded and this ironic? Or maybe it just comes naturally to you. Like you were born with this innate talent for uncontrollably sh1tting yourself on internet forums.

Have you even posted a scan of Dark Phoenix destroying a galaxy yet in response to all the scans showing Dark Phoenix only destroying a star system? Or are you just hoping that we are just too distracted by how pointlessly angry you are?

wolverinos
Originally posted by ODG
Coming from the guy who wrote this post: How hard do you try to be this retarded and this ironic? Or maybe it just comes naturally to you. Like you were born with this innate talent for uncontrollably sh1tting yourself on internet forums.

Have you even posted a scan of Dark Phoenix destroying a galaxy yet in response to all the scans showing Dark Phoenix only destroying a star system? Or are you just hoping that we are just too distracted by how pointlessly angry you are?

whats the matter one dumb goat i hit a nerve? Lol.

i am enjoying indeed your last word syndrome and laughing my ass over here at how hard you are trying to get back at me.

as for the so called discussion i stated a feat for dark phoenix and asked for something odin did to top that, not only because i do believe dark phoenix is more powerful but overall i wonder maybe there is something i missed about odin.
however insecure people like yourself interpret it in a whole other way, insacure people like yourself see it as some kind of call for internet battle just because you gather all your emotions deep inside and release it on the internet...sad ....just sad.

the Darkone
DP destroyed solar system, as where Odin has destroyed galaxies, reignite suns and galaxies in battles. Odin caused shock waves through out the multiverse just for sh** and giggles. Seriously to this day SA Odin has better feats than most of the cosmic hierarchy and that's a fact.

Igniz
Originally posted by the Darkone
DP destroyed solar system, as where Odin has destroyed galaxies, reignite suns and galaxies in battles. Odin caused shock waves through out the multiverse just for sh** and giggles. Seriously to this day SA Odin has better feats than most of the cosmic hierarchy and that's a fact.

thumb up

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149743/2913894-1852118-odin_galaxy_seth_super.jpg
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/odin-vs-pegasus-seiya-23818.jpg

Lets add the fact Odin battled beings who can destroy Galaxies like Surtur.And Dark Phoenix destroying a star system is actually a representation that she's not at full power yet at the time.So Odin can still win this smile

Odekahn
Originally posted by Igniz
thumb up

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149743/2913894-1852118-odin_galaxy_seth_super.jpg

Lets add the fact Odin battled beings who can destroy Galaxies like Surtur.And Dark Phoenix destroying a star system is actually a representation that she's not at full power yet at the time.So Odin can still win this smile

Where did that fight take place?

Igniz
Originally posted by Odekahn
Where did that fight take place?

Journey Into Mystery#513.

maxivitopowe
Odin

h1a8
It's funny how the Odin wankery here is rooted from the galaxies feat. When ever someone talks about or posts the feat then Odin automatically wins the forum fight (or it becomes spite).

Even using that feat as a basis of the exact power Odin will come into EVERY forum fight then one must know that it was a shared feat, Odin didn't destroy galaxies with a single blast but multiple blasts (by both) that lasted for the entire fight (a long time), and that there are different levels of destroy (shatter in two, shatter in many pieces, vaporize, etc.).

TheGodKiller
as for the so called discussion i stated a feat for dark phoenix.....Odin to top that
Except you missed the part where said feat doesn't exist, as confirmed by other posters on this very thread.

And who goes about claiming that destroying a galaxy is impressive in retrospect to Odin anyways? Odin goes about doing the very same sh1t in like every fight that he's fought.

Like I said, claiming that DP destroyed a galaxy(which is clearly a lie) and demanding what Odin has done to top that reeks of 12 levels of sheer retardation, trollery and/or ignorance of Odin's feats that are more or less common knowledge even among newbies on this forum.

You still haven't specified which one are you.

Magnon

cdtm
thumb up

Not taking a thing away from this feat..

But you've got to love how all the collateral damage happens everywhere except the point of origin. laughing out loud

Thor: "So we're at war with the multiverse, and you want to start a Skyfathers invitational slugfest?

Odin: Trust me, son. The multiverse won't even exist by the third round.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Magnon

Phoenix has always had the upper hand vs. Galactus, in their AU and
616 encounters, whereas Odin is pretty consistently established to be
below him.

Conclusion: Dark Phoenix wins.
Interesting, I'd like to see where/when did Phoenix ever defeat 616 Galactus?
Oh, I hope you weren't referring to Rachel defeating a Hungry Galactus? smile

Some scans of an AU Phoenix destroying THE UNIVERSE (according to narration),

and of the 616 Phoenix holding the galaxy (or the universe, according to narration) in her hands:

Actually the First scan is a "What If" .. so Non-Canon over here parts, therefore inadmissible.
(Jean Grey also dies there so the feat is useless)

The Second scan is reality-15104 Jean (WPotC). Neither the Phoenix
Force bio or 616 Jean Grey's bio recognize HCT as ever happening.
Also she's not holding an actual universe, it's rather Morrison symbolism,
its more of a visualization of reality-15104 (possible 616-future)
which she can peer into and see/exploit at-least individuals within time (WHR is a Nexus)
like how she manipulated Scott.

Sundipped
Phoenix Vulcan one shot the Shiar star system incenerating heralds in the process and the PF was outright destroying galaxies one by one solo on panel. Yeah I know...this is DP Jean but the potential is there.

ODG
whats the matter one dumb goat i hit a nerve? Lol. Well, clearly you haven't just revealed yourself to be a bitter sock who's primary account has been banned by referring to my old username from years ago. Even though you supposedly joined this forum a few months ago.

Real smooth. Originally posted by wolverinos
i am enjoying indeed your last word syndrome and laughing my ass over here at how hard you are trying to get back at me. This isn't last word syndrome. It's a conversation. Typically, during a conversation, one person talks, and then the other person talks. Somehow, this concept is beyond you. Originally posted by wolverinos
as for the so called discussion i stated a feat for dark phoenix and asked for something odin did to top that, not only because i do believe dark phoenix is more powerful but overall i wonder maybe there is something i missed about odin.
however insecure people like yourself interpret it in a whole other way, insacure people like yourself see it as some kind of call for internet battle just because you gather all your emotions deep inside and release it on the internet...sad ....just sad. Why do you even try to bother pretending to discuss comics? You haven't read any. All you are, is some schmuck who got banned from these forums, created a sock account because you couldn't do without the attention, and are pretending to be somebody else. Seriously? As you sit there having accused other posters of being sad folks, reflect on your own current situation.

I fully expect that you'll sit there, pause for a moment, twitch suddenly, have a brain aneurysm, and then sob uncontrollably. Eventually, you'll wipe the tears from your keyboard and post a really retarded retort that makes no sense and causes you to sh1t yourself again. Because, well... if past is prologue and all that jazz... Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Except you missed the part where said feat doesn't exist, as confirmed by other posters on this very thread.

And who goes about claiming that destroying a galaxy is impressive in retrospect to Odin anyways? Odin goes about doing the very same sh1t in like every fight that he's fought.

Like I said, claiming that DP destroyed a galaxy(which is clearly a lie) and demanding what Odin has done to top that reeks of 12 levels of sheer retardation, trollery and/or ignorance of Odin's feats that are more or less common knowledge even among newbies on this forum.

You still haven't specified which one are you. Trick question: he can be both.

wolverinos
Originally posted by ODG
Well, clearly you haven't just revealed yourself to be a bitter sock who's primary account has been banned by referring to my old username from years ago. Even though you supposedly joined this forum a few months ago.

Real smooth. This isn't last word syndrome. It's a conversation. Typically, during a conversation, one person talks, and then the other person talks. Somehow, this concept is beyond you. Why do you even try to bother pretending to discuss comics? You haven't read any. All you are, is some schmuck who got banned from these forums, created a sock account because you couldn't do without the attention, and are pretending to be somebody else. Seriously? As you sit there having accused other posters of being sad folks, reflect on your own current situation.

as i mentioned before i was reading posts here on KMC before i ever decided to open an account so no... and your name wasnt one dumb goat as i recall but i might be wrong.

actually it is last word syndrome, look at the scrolls you are typing in order to prove something to me.why do you care what i think about you? your personality is weak my friend with a lot of complexes.

a conversation suppose to have a meaning, if our so called conversation began from you trying to insult me and was dragged on by you trying to be the last one to reply this is no conversation, this is the last word syndrome you are having.

well.... sharlock holmes you are not, got wrong on all your strikes, i do enjoy comics and read them, the shmuck around here is the guy who interfered a discussion about feats and just began to troll out of nowhere which happens to be you.and thank god my life is great thank you very much for your concern.
now seriously grab a beer and chill... just chill

ODG
^ Really? You're still trying to pretend you aren't a sock?

Hilarity.

Let us know when you can figure out what a conversation between two people entails. Hint: two people talking and responding to each other.

Also, let us know when you find those scans of Dark Phoenix blowing up galaxies. Because not only are you a useless sock, trying to sustain a rather pointless charade, you also don't know sh1t about what you're talking about. Even when others take the time to provide you the scans. U mad?

wolverinos
Originally posted by ODG
^ Really? You're still trying to pretend you aren't a sock?

Hilarity.

Let us know when you can figure out what a conversation between two people entails. Hint: two people talking and responding to each other.

Also, let us know when you find those scans of Dark Phoenix blowing up galaxies. Because not only are you a useless sock, trying to sustain a rather pointless charade, you also don't know sh1t about what you're talking about. Even when others take the time to provide you the scans. U mad?

if i am a sock you got to be a troll.

thats the technical definition of a conversation, however the more philosophical and mathematical aspect of a conversation state that there has to be a subject for the conversation.
the things happening here is a ping pong of words which effect nothing, therefor its nothing more than your attempt to satisfy your poor ego.

here is a hint: if you got inferiority complex to the point you feel you must prove everybody you wont back down and it works against you then simply dont start shit with people, cuz you will just find yourself in a situation similar to this.
and no just for the heck of it i wont stop, i will work on your syndrome every single day and you will reply back and forth and wish me to stop already because i want to teach you a lesson.
you will thank me smile

Magnon
Originally posted by Mr Master
Interesting, I'd like to see where/when did Phoenix ever defeat 616 Galactus?
Oh, I hope you weren't referring to Rachel defeating a Hungry Galactus? smile

Actually the First scan is a "What If" .. so Non-Canon over here parts, therefore inadmissible.
(Jean Grey also dies there so the feat is useless)

The Second scan is reality-15104 Jean (WPotC). Neither the Phoenix
Force bio or 616 Jean Grey's bio recognize HCT as ever happening.
Also she's not holding an actual universe, it's rather Morrison symbolism,
its more of a visualization of reality-15104 (possible 616-future)
which she can peer into and see/exploit at-least individuals within time (WHR is a Nexus)
like how she manipulated Scott.

AU = alternative universe. So you see, I did differentiate the 616 and AU feats in my post. However, the Phoenix force is supposed to be a unique force in all universes so the feats do carry some impact.

Also, I haven't seen the WPotC being retconned anywhere. As fas as I know, that *is* the actual 616-originated Jean.

Rachel owned a hungry Galactus, and she was also able to throw a well-fed and prepared Galactus and his herald Nova around like rag dolls.

We have also seen the Shi'ar, and others, claim (Dark) Phoenix to be a greater threat to the Universe than Galactus.

h1a8
Originally posted by h1a8
It's funny how the Odin wankery here is rooted from the galaxies feat. When ever someone talks about or posts the feat then Odin automatically wins the forum fight (or it becomes spite).

Even using that feat as a basis of the exact power Odin will come into EVERY forum fight then one must know that it was a shared feat, Odin didn't destroy galaxies with a single blast but multiple blasts (by both) that lasted for the entire fight (a long time), and that there are different levels of destroy (shatter in two, shatter in many pieces, vaporize, etc.).

Bottom line: It is how one destroys something, and not the fact that he destroyed something, that determines one's power output. Odin used many blasts along with help to destroy galaxies. Also, together, they destroyed galaxies on a very low level (not a high level such as vaporize).

Finally, many use that feat as a basis of the exact power level Odin will enter every forum battle. Even when he many times failed to kill or vaporize high heralds with his attacks (like Surfer). I guess I can use Superman's greater than 50 Earth weights of force feats as a basis to his strength in every forum fight.

Mr Master

AU = alternative universe. So you see, I did differentiate the 616 and AU feats in my post. However, the Phoenix force is supposed to be a unique force in all universes so the feats do carry some impact.
Thereofe non-canon, therefore inadmissible.

Also, I haven't seen the WPotC being retconned anywhere. As fas as I know, that *is* the actual 616-originated Jean.
If you say so, regardless her Two feats in HCT:

1) Telekinetically extracting Sublimes atoms from reality 15104. (with 7 pages of prep)

2) Telepathically accessing Scott in 616 via the White Hot Room (a nexus)
and mind raping his decision 150 years in the Past, so that reality 15104 never exists,
since it was Scott that created reality 15104 via a decision in Present 616.

Rachel owned a hungry Galactus,

and she was also able to throw well-fed and prepared Galactus and his herald Nova around like rag dolls.
Rachel owned a Hungry Galactus, that's true.

Throwing around a "well-fed and prepared Galactus?" ... Anyway,
Rachel and the Phoenix Force itself were nearly erased from existence by Galactus in their second encounter, in fact,
Galactus decided to allow the PF to live.

We have also seen the Shi'ar, and others, claim (Dark) Phoenix
to be a greater threat to the Universe than Galactus.
Empty claims mean little friend.

Shiar also shattered the PF to pieces after forcibly reconstituting it.

eaebiakuya
Rachel and the Phoenix Force itself were nearly erased from existence by Galactus in their second encounter, in fact,

Can you post those scans ?

Magnon
Yep, Galactus came to Phoenix-Rachel with the sole purpose to fight her and destroy her. Rachel wasn't prepared for the fight but was doing just fine. Galactus was only able to harm Rachel once he had blackmailed Phoenix to surrender (their fight would have caused the death of innocents).

And the reason Galactus had to let PF live was that her death would have meant the death of the universe, all living beings in it... and therefore, also the death of Galactus (no food, no Galactus).

Here you can see how easily Rachel matched Galactus & Nova at the same time:
http://whencallsgalactus.com/files/2013/07/GalactusPhoenix_0002.jpg

And here you can see Rachel surrendering because THE COST OF WINNING would have been too high (implying that she would have won if she wanted to).

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/56904/1260568-phoenix_excalibur_galactus_06.jpg

comic_book_fan
Originally posted by the Darkone
professor x's battle with the phoenix said similar things to scale it was also fought on nearly every plain of existence.

guy222
Still Jean

operator616
Originally posted by comic_book_fan
professor x's battle with the phoenix said similar things to scale it was also fought on nearly every plain of existence.

the Odin fight was stated to be multiversal (though i myself have a big question mark on that feat, it's probably a hyperbole) the Phoenix/Xavier battle was stated to be on infinite planes of existence (and was a mental battle, only) which doesn't necessarily mean it's multiversal, at all. Might as well be a hyperbole, considering the very next issue opens with Uatu saying: PF is second only to the creator.......which is completely wrong.

zopzop
Originally posted by operator616
the Odin fight was stated to be multiversal (though i myself have a big question mark on that feat, it's probably a hyperbole) the Phoenix/Xavier battle was stated to be on infinite planes of existence (and was a mental battle, only) which doesn't necessarily mean it's multiversal, at all.
Why not? Infinite planes of existence sounds multiversal and beyond.

You know 616 Uatu said the exact same thing years later when narrating What If Jean Grey had not died.

operator616

You know 616 Uatu said the exact same thing years later when narrating What If Jean Grey had not died.

plane of existence is generally referred to a plane inside a singular reality. Unless the issue mentions something like "multiversal plane" or "omniversal plane" like for example it did in the iron man/xo manowar comic where it's mentioned that "omniversal plane goes to nothingness" or something like that

Yeah, i was just commenting about that particular story (the X/Phoenix battle and the Uatu statement happened in uncanny x men #136 and 137 respectively.

TheGodKiller

Aphrodite and Venus are multiversal and beyond.

zopzop
Aphrodite and Venus are multiversal and beyond.
So are Uatu and Aaron the Rogue! thumb up

TheGodKiller
So are Uatu and Aaron the Rogue! thumb up
Have Uatu and Aron ever done this?
http://www.4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/venuskiss.jpg
If not, then the narrative of their battle should be treated strictly as hyperbole.

zopzop
If not, then the narrative of their battle should be treated strictly as hyperbole.
sick

TheGodKiller
sick
Homophobe. thumb down

leonidas
l. o. l.

Igniz

Xplosive
DP

Mr Master

plane of existence is generally referred to a plane inside a singular reality.
thumb up ... right on opr, and there's really only 3 in Marvel:

Body/Universe (physical plane)
Mind/Thought (sub-conscious plane)
Soul/Ethereal (astral plane)

So, ... "infinite" planes of existence, ... that statement's senseless, or hyperbole.

Surtur can destroy a Galaxy without the twilight sword.
Wut up Ig, I always saw it as, Surtur destroyed the center of that galaxy,
or rather, the super massive star core of that galaxy to shape Twilight.
The galaxy itself is still in-tact as Surtur is forging the sword within it.

Odin overstated Surtur's feat imo.

zopzop
I agree with this 1000%. On panel it was stated he blew up a galactic core/center of a galaxy and then this fact is restated in Surtur's handbook entry. I posted both a while back.

operator616
^ Yeah well, there are several other handbooks saying that Surtur destroyed a galaxy:

OHOTMU mystic arcana:

http://i.imgur.com/gTkDOzJ.jpg?1

Thor: Asgard's Avenger handbook:

http://i.imgur.com/REHQ8m3.jpg?1

All new OHOTMU #2:

http://i.imgur.com/8z88iyG.jpg?1

i could provide more references if you want, but that should be enough, i presume.

there's really only 3 in Marvel:

Body/Universe (physical plane)
Mind/Thought (sub-conscious plane)
Soul/Ethereal (astral plane)

Setting aside the fact that "infinite planes of existence" has been mentioned more than once, there are other stories that tell us there are higher and lower planes of existence within the reality (X-Man #65):

http://i.imgur.com/mmwBhit.jpg?1

Later on in the series (X-Man), they introduce us to the "brilliant city" and its inhabitants (one of which Qabiri), who are located on higher planes of existence, and thus, they're more powerful, far more powerful. And it's also shown that there are beings who, in turn, dwarf the Brilliant city inhabitants which reside on even higher planes of reality.

Kind of like higher dimensions are shown in DC, imo.

Mr Master

Yeah well, there are several other handbooks saying that Surtur destroyed a galaxy:
OHOTMU mystic arcana:
Thor: Asgard's Avenger handbook:
All new OHOTMU #2:

Yea but On Panel, Surtur destroyed the galactic Core (supermassive star) of the galaxy.
He then proceeded to forge Twilight within said galaxy.

Setting aside the fact that "infinite planes of existence" has been mentioned more than once, there are other stories that tell us there are higher and lower planes of existence within the reality (X-Man #65):
http://i.imgur.com/mmwBhit.jpg?1
Later on in the series (X-Man), they introduce us to the "brilliant city" and its inhabitants (one of which Qabiri), who are located on higher planes of existence, and thus, they're more powerful, far more powerful. And it's also shown that there are beings who, in turn, dwarf the Brilliant city inhabitants which reside on even higher planes of reality.
I understand, but it's either planes of existence or planes of reality. (two separate things)
I don't recall that arc so I can't comment much but it seems he's comparing these "planes" to alternate universes, so he can't be suggesting these higher/lower planes are within a solitary universe imo cause he did say Alternates are Parallel (left/right)
& Planes are above/below (up/down). Yet perhaps this writer is interchanging the terms.

There are only 3 planes of existence withIN a universe, that I've seen actively affected, that is to say, 3 states of being/sentience.
**Mind-Body-Soul = Sub-Conscious - Physical - Spiritual** (real world as well)
One quick memory comes to mind is when Starhawk battled Korvac in every Plane of Existence,
and these "Planes" were the three I just highlighted.

Kind of like higher dimensions are shown in DC, imo.
I'd like to read this arc fully before commenting further.
From what I know Marvel's had a dimensional stack for years,
like Dweller in Darkness' reality and/or Nightmare's universe which is higher than many, including 616, ...
but really ... who's Nightmare?

Imo, if he is referring to higher/lower universes/dimensions,
then they're Planes of Reality, which could be other types of universes (not alternates)
Like what Reed and an alternate Reed visited in Hickman's run,
they were both as big as a star, but only because they were in some "higher dimension."

So you may have a point there actually.

Igniz
Wut up Ig, I always saw it as, Surtur destroyed the center of that galaxy,
or rather, the super massive star core of that galaxy to shape Twilight.
The galaxy itself is still in-tact as Surtur is forging the sword within it.

big grin Doing great!Thanks for asking.Although I have to say that destroying the core of a galaxy itself has dire consequences.Although in the case of Surtur, he seemed to have used other parts of the Galaxy to create a portal.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor/Bill toss their hammers and destroy Surtur's portal forged out of the remnants of a Galaxy (It dwarfed Planets/Stars):
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16134742_Thor_V1340_p04.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16134743_Thor_V1340_p12.jpg

I guess you could say Surtur isn't the type of guy to leave left overs of a Galaxy.He even creates portals using the Galaxy's own materials for his demonic hordes.

jitay

Aren't Aphrodite and Venus the same thing?

operator616

Mr Master

operator616
As much as I wish that was canon, it's not, and never was.

Ok. But opr, Korvac/Starhawk 1978 ... Human Torch/Strange Tales 1962.

Which is why I originally stated that Nightmare's universe is higher than 616 or even the 6th Dimension, and Nightmare's really a nobody.
I pointed out the Reed incident to give your opinion possibility.

All (megaversal) crossovers happen on earth 7642 (2011 handbook):

http://i.imgur.com/lsiDLq7.jpg?1

So while the characters may be alternate versions, the same concepts are used across all the marvel omniverse (regardless of the earth designation)
But that particular crossover also involves earth 616 (go to the comments part).

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/earthcrossoverall.htm

The Strange Tales issue was in 1962, but the Marvel saga/ official history of MU, was in 1986, and that's the one which specifically says that it's a "plane of existence".

I know.

Sprinkler
Originally posted by Epicurus

Based on writer's statements - Phoenix BLINKSTOMPS
Based on actual feats - Phoenix BLINKSTOMPS

a statement is either true or false. Writer's statement is absolute truth. hyperboles are false statement.

If you aren't aware of his feats then just STFU. Phoenix is 2nd most powerful in marvel comics as stated by watcher who knows all, sees all and he was talking to us(readers) so its not a lie. It Doesn't matter if there are contradictions as its fiction, it doesn't need to make sense.

Before you ask for scans, i would say Do more research yourself. I am not going to provide you scans since i don't care about retarded phoenix haters like mr master or you.

after reading watcher's statement, i made my mind and i am not going to read any replies against it so don't bother to post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.