Superman sundipped for 10 days 60 second Heat vision burst

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Turkey Pie
A lot of characters seem downplayed on this forum. It seems to have a solidly Marvel bias. Superman in particular seems hated here.

Superman's heat vision is his most devastating attack. It has feats far higher than say Black Bolts scream in terms of devastation.

Imagine Superman has sundipped for ten days, who is in a state to fight back if caught with a 60 second, full power, sundipped heat vision burst.

Hulk
Thor (he is caught and could not block with Mjolnir in time)
Blackbolt
Hercules
Wakanda
Marvel Earth

carver9
What's Superman best showing with his heat vision vs Heralds? Also, lol at KMC being Marvel biased.

Turkey Pie
Well it can cut off General Ealings limbs, hurt Darkseid, Orion and Wonder woman to name a few in very short bursts. It burns much hotter than a star. If fired full power at the Earth would ignite the Atmosphere.

carver9
Originally posted by Turkey Pie
Well it can cut off General Ealings limbs, hurt Darkseid, Orion and Wonder woman to name a few in very short bursts. It burns much hotter than a star. If fired full power at the Earth would ignite the Atmosphere.

Bombs from Enchantress and Batman took off Eiling limbs. I agree, it can hurt Darkseid. Wonder Woman withstood it from a Superman that was trying to kill her. I agree, it could hurt Heralds.

ABHI...can you provide some fts.?

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by carver9
Bombs from Enchantress and Batman took off Eiling limbs. I agree, it can hurt Darkseid. Wonder Woman withstood it from a Superman that was trying to kill her. I agree, it could hurt Heralds.

As I remember the heat vision did it the time after with Ealing when he was working with Luthor and Co. It hurt Wonderwoman and she became desperate because of it.

abhilegend
He kills them all and destroys earth.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9

Why? You placed me on ignore list.

mhm

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by abhilegend
He kills them all and destroys earth.

Agreed

/thread

DarkSaint85
He powers up the Big Bang.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Quite possibly smile

carver9
As I remember the heat vision did it the time after with Ealing when he was working with Luthor and Co. It hurt Wonderwoman and she became desperate because of it.

confused

bluewaterrider
A lot of characters seem downplayed on this forum. It seems to have a solidly Marvel bias. Superman in particular seems hated here.

Superman's heat vision is his most devastating attack. It has feats far higher than say Black Bolts scream in terms of devastation.

Imagine Superman has sundipped for ten days, who is in a state to fight back if caught with a 60 second, full power, sundipped heat vision burst.

Hulk
Thor (he is caught and could not block with Mjolnir in time)
Blackbolt
Hercules
Wakanda
Marvel Earth

There seems to be a limit to how fast Superman can level up and to the amount of energy, even solar energy, that he can contain.
Even in the instance of moving war world it was described as him already being overloaded and burning from the effort. Doubtful that any length of time spent dipping beyond that our worlds at war episode would increase his power further.

Given that he apparently survived a collision whose shockwave literally destroyed a planet, I can see World Breaker Hulk surviving this, especially since far, far weaker versions have endured million-degree nova blasts from The Human Torch and gone on to win.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
There seems to be a limit to how fast Superman can level up and to the amount of energy, even solar energy, that he can contain.
Even in the instance of moving war world it was described as him already being overloaded and burning from the effort. Doubtful that any length of time spent dipping beyond that our worlds at war episode would increase his power further.

Given that he apparently survived a collision whose shockwave literally destroyed a planet, I can see World Breaker Hulk surviving this, especially since far, far weaker versions have endured million-degree nova blasts from The Human Torch and gone on to win.

Ummmmm....... You know who this is? How he got his uber powers?

carver9
Is that even canon to the real Supes?

wolverinos

if you lack the knowledge to discuss the subject please dont say anything.
you know who golden superman 1 million is? you know he became godlike being who was able to empower a whole dynesty of supermans that each was superior to average superman? you know how he got those powers? here is a clue... he was dipped longer than 1 minute...

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by wolverinos
if you lack the knowledge to discuss the subject please dont say anything.
you know who golden superman 1 million is ...?

Do you know how LONG it took golden Superman to BECOME golden Superman?

It wasn't a span measured in days, no matter what else you'd like to think.

Read more carefully what I actually wrote:

There seems to be a limit to how FAST Superman can level up ...

abhilegend

facepalm

Still spewing the same nonsense?Originally posted by carver9
Is that even canon to the real Supes? Yes.

bluewaterrider
Ummmmm....... You know who this is? How he got his uber powers?

I'm not convinced you yourself know how Supes One Million got his power. It wasn't just sun dipping. There's a pretty complicated back story for his ascension that involves the gathering of multiple boons and additional powers. Do you remember why he was extremely resistant to magic, for instance? How he was able to grant power to others?
Ressurect his wife? None of that has anything to do with the standard Kryptonian power set as we know it, sun dipping or no sun dipping.

Nor was that an ordinary sun, if the following is anything to go by:

http://imageshack.us/a/img221/2015/sm3ac0.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by abhilegend
Sigh.

pym-ftw
Hulk & Thor both survive, lulz @ Superman 1mil being discussed

wolverinos
Do you know how LONG it took golden Superman to BECOME golden Superman?

It wasn't a span measured in days, no matter what else you'd like to think.

Read more carefully what I actually wrote:

dude... you were basically trying to troll and go "prove superman can amp more than he did by staying longer in the sun", thats what your post meant, and after you got facts exploding in your face you are trying to find a way out of this by twisting words thats lame bro.

wolverinos
I'm not convinced you yourself know how Supes One Million got his power. It wasn't just sun dipping. There's a pretty complicated back story for his ascension that involves the gathering of multiple boons and additional powers. Do you remember why he was extremely resistant to magic, for instance? How he was able to grant power to others?
Ressurect his wife? None of that has anything to do with the standard Kryptonian power set as we know it, sun dipping or no sun dipping.

Nor was that an ordinary sun, if the following is anything to go by:

http://imageshack.us/a/img221/2015/sm3ac0.jpg

it was straight up stated he got his powers due to the fact he was dipped for all those years in the sun, learn to read geez.

bluewaterrider
it was straight up stated he got his powers due to the fact he was dipped for all those years in the sun, learn to read geez.

When you actually have an answer to the questions I posed earlier which is able to explain away how having a 5th dimension queen named Gzntplzk adding in her powers to the mix has no bearing on the story, I'll start listening.

bluewaterrider
dude... you were basically trying to troll and go "prove superman can amp more than he did by staying longer in the sun", thats what your post meant, and after you got facts exploding in your face you are trying to find a way out of this by twisting words thats lame bro.

That's NOT what my post meant.

Why do you think I bothered typing something about how FAST Superman could level up of it was? Why not simply write the sentence without that phrase? Your assertion doesn't make much sense before the fact.
And you can tell from the lack of any editing subscript that I made no changes to it afterwards.

Rao Kal El
All of them get reduced to ashes.

He is sundipped for 10 days.

Lets see, no mental blocks he easily penetrates the probes armors
He sundips for a little time and he is already emmiting plasma and is capable of heat up earth in seconds

In OWAW he was sundipped for less and owned b13 who previously stalemated no mental block superman

If he sundips for 10 days this becomes a stomp, imo.

bluewaterrider
http://www.screwattack.com/news/how-powerful-superman-prime

Somebody already went through the trouble of proving Superman One Million did not gain all his power from the sun and sun dipping. Most relevant portions; use "ctrl + f" and the words "imp" and/or "Source" to find:

http://www.screwattack.com/news/how-powerful-superman-prime

Endless Mike

http://i.imgur.com/jhQIavB.gif

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Hulk & Thor both survive, lulz @ Superman 1mil being discussed
You don't know what you're talking about.

-Pr-
Yeah, this thread isn't a mess at all. Any reason not to close it?

h1a8
Going by strength scaling and feats then Superman evaporates the Earth with everyone on it. Hell primes hv went through superman like a ghost. Superman is more durable than an any of those beings.

Cogito
Unfortunately there's absolutely no precedent to go on, any answer would be total speculation.

We know (sort of) what a very brief sundip does, and we know (sort of) what hanging out in the sun for tens of thousands of years does, but we have no idea what effect any amount of time would have on HV, let alone 10 minutes.

DarkSaint85
Exactly. It could be linear (which everyone is assuming) or it could be exponential, or not.

Endless Mike
That's why it's always best to go by feats and interpolation of what characters have actually accomplished

Rao Kal El
That is a very good point, we do not know what effects it will have sundipping for 10 days.

But judging by how he heated earth on the canibal planet arc it does not matter at all if the sundip lasted for 10 minutes or 10 days as soon as Superman starts emmiting plasma is game over.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That's why it's always best to go by feats and interpolation of what characters have actually accomplished

But how would you interpolate between two points (1 minute and 10,000 years)?

It could be a step change - so 10 days makes him the same as the 1 min sundip. Then after 11 days, it steps up to the next level.

Or it might take a year.

So a bit difficult to say. I guess we can take the low end of the sundip scale to be how he was against Manchester Black (1 minute) and the high end, Superman 1M (for all we know, 10 days might make him very near equal to S1M).

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by -Pr-

Because it's fun?

carver9
ABHI...

What's the issue and issue number of the scans you posted?

abhilegend
Justice League Elite 9, 11 and 12.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
All of them get reduced to ashes.

He is sundipped for 10 days.

Lets see, no mental blocks he easily penetrates the probes armors
He sundips for a little time and he is already emmiting plasma and is capable of heat up earth in seconds

In OWAW he was sundipped for less and owned b13 who previously stalemated no mental block superman

If he sundips for 10 days this becomes a stomp, imo.

Rao you are so predictable lol. BTW I know he isn't in the thread but Hyperion takes this with ease and ask for more whistle

Silent Master
Originally posted by -Pr-

Well, the line about Superman being downplayed and hated on this board was rather funny...but that probably isn't the kind of reason you were looking for.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Rofl.

Sixth_Winged

It has?

abhilegend
Yes, it does.Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Rofl.
Its not amusing to Dan Jurgens who recounted the exact same scene later in Doomsday Wars as it happened in Zero hour.

wolverinos
When you actually have an answer to the questions I posed earlier which is able to explain away how having a 5th dimension queen named Gzntplzk adding in her powers to the mix has no bearing on the story, I'll start listening.

what the hell? you got everything confuced.
the 5 IMP queen had nothing to do with golden prime.
5 IMP queen added powers to kal kent but it has nothing to do with the golden prime who empowers the entire dynasty as well as kal kent, you got everything mixed... thats what happens when you dont read comics and search characters on wikipedia.
you searched superman 1 million and it gave you kal kent ROFL.

Jynocidus
Hulk and Thor contain the HV with their palm while walking towards him laughing

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Rao you are so predictable lol. BTW I know he isn't in the thread but Hyperion takes this with ease and ask for more whistle

Hyperion takes it in the butt too. big grin

-Pr-
Closed for the usual reasons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.