Galactus as he was in FF 48 appears in Marvel Now!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Turkey Pie
Imagine for a moment all events have taken place in Marvel up to Now except Galactus has never come to Earth and neither has the Surfer. Events will have played out slightly differently but somehow in this alternatative Marvel Now! The line ups and experience of all the major Super teams are as they are now when Norrin Radd as he was in 1966 appears to herald Galactus as he was then in the post Infinity Marvel Now!

http://www.reocities.com/marvel_villain/galactus/galactus_watcher.jpg

What do the Avengers make of this Silver Alien and how quickly do they make it of him. How will this battle hardened Earth be able to respond to the Giant man with the Giant pink skirt, hat and G.

What happens next?

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by Turkey Pie
Imagine for a moment all events have taken place in Marvel up to Now except Galactus has never come to Earth and neither has the Surfer. Events will have played out slightly differently but somehow in this alternatative Marvel Now! The line ups and experience of all the major Super teams are as they are now when Norrin Radd as he was in 1966 appears to herald Galactus as he was then in the post Infinity Marvel Now!

What do the Avengers make of this Silver Alien and how quickly do they make it of him. How will this battle hardened Earth be able to respond to the Giant man with the Giant pink skirt, hat and G.

What happens next?

This thread should be great!

DarkSaint85
This thread should be great!

In some parallel universe, maybe.

Only the Watcher will ever know.

Flyattractor

What happens next?
The Thing makes a joke about the way the 2 giant guys are dressed and the village?

Endless Mike
Is this Galactus as he was originally conceived by Stan and Jack back then, or Galactus with all of his canon information, powers, and backstory, just minus having ever visited/interacted with Earth before?

MF DELPH
Too many variables.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Is this Galactus as he was originally conceived by Stan and Jack back then, or Galactus with all of his canon information, powers, and backstory, just minus having ever visited/interacted with Earth before?

As he and the Surfer were originally concieved, including style of dialogue and dress.

Endless Mike
Well he was originally intended to be significantly weaker than Odin I think

Turkey Pie

I heard that once and don't know where it came from. Do you know?

Endless Mike
Back in the early 60s Odin was the top dog of Marvel, he not only had better feats than any other character but basically no characters were implied to be above him.

carver9
Except the Celestials and its still like that.

Turkey Pie
Back in the early 60s Odin was the top dog of Marvel, he not only had better feats than any other character but basically no characters were implied to be above him.

You see Galactus isn't from the early 60's his first appearance is 1966.
I think the tide was changing and the cosmic side of Marvel was starting to emerge. Mighty Galactus, the world devourer always seemed beyond the puny gods of one world in scope....

zopzop

What happens next?
This has already been done before on panel (retro outfits and all).

Galactus beat the living PHUCk out of the FF and Avengers (with Thor and Herc in their line up). Then he ate the Watcher. All this while starving.

Galactus stomps.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by zopzop
This has already been done before on panel (retro outfits and all).

Galactus beat the living PHUCk out of the FF and Avengers (with Thor and Herc in their line up). Then he ate the Watcher. All this while starving.

Galactus stomps.

Doctor Strange!

Anyway that was then, the world has moved on and this is not that Galactus this is the 1966 Galactus.

zopzop
Doctor Strange!

Anyway that was then, the world has moved on and this is not that Galactus this is the 1966 Galactus.
Yes, a STARVING 1966 Galactus destroyed the entire FF and Avengers lineups AND ate the Watcher. Dr. Strange ain't doing sh|t to him.

Galactus wins.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by zopzop
Yes, a STARVING 1966 Galactus destroyed the entire FF and Avengers lineups AND ate the Watcher. Dr. Strange ain't doing sh|t to him.

Galactus wins.

Did he do this to the modern characters?

Utrigita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-9RdmSm1yI&list=PL1E0556C92ADC2AD8

07:10

Jack Kirby

So I don't quite think so, but it was Kirbys intention to never use Galactus again.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by Utrigita
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-9RdmSm1yI&list=PL1E0556C92ADC2AD8

07:10

Jack Kirby

So I don't quite think so, but it was Kirbys intention to never use Galactus again.

I vaguely remember reading that as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.