Who's done the most to defeat darkness in SW?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
Yoda's called 'the greatest foe the darkness has ever known,' but, despite this, he obviously didn't defeat the forces of the dark side. He more kept the forces of good running for awhile.

Who's actually done the most to defeat the Sith and other evil forces?

Doesn't have to be force users, though I suspect they'll dominate the list. Accomplishments, not personal power. List your top ten!

I figure Luke'll probably be first.

Allankles
Yoda pretty much. A lot of the NJO jedi have caused more heart ache tbh. They hesitate when they should attack, and attack when they should hesitate. Also, becoming family men has made them weak kneed andeven psychotic/sociopathic to a degree. Jedi were not supposed to form such attachments but should have been warriors dedicated to keeping the peace.

Q99
What did Yoda do? He didn't beat any major sith lords or such. This isn't a question of who formed the least attachments, after all, this is who accomplished the most.

I mean, another one who's way up there: The Exile. Meetra beat not one but three powerful sith lords and brought to an end a period of war that'd gone on for a decade, allowing for the revival of the Jedi order.

Intrepid37
Obi did a good job.

Q99
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Obi did a good job.

Hm, lesse, he did hold Luke's metaphorical hand on the trench run, which scores some points.

S_W_LeGenD
Most prominent ones (in no specific order):-

- Revan
- Hero of Tython
- Barsen'thor
- Luke Skywalker
- Satele Shan
- Meetra Surik
- Orgus Din

Honorable ones (in no specific order):

- Odan Urr
- Nomi Sunrider
- Bastilla Shan
- Cade Skywalker
- Tol Braga
- Jaric Kaeden
- Gnost Dural
- Unknown Jedi who participated in the Force Wars.

Q99
Here's a prominent one: Lando Calrissian, slayer of the DS2.

ares834
Luke, of course.

After all most heroes are involved in maybe one or two wars. But in the post-RotJ Eu a new galactic war pops up every few years and Luke has played a critical role in almost all of them.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Q99
Here's a prominent one: Lando Calrissian, slayer of the DS2. thumb up

Lando defeated the Emperor, Vader, the Death Star and the Executor.

Nephthys
Its really between Luke and the HoT.

Q99
Another one: Antares Draco.

He prevented Coruscant from being virus-bombed with a disease that would wipe all non-Sith life from it and pretty much deliver the galaxy into Sith hands.

Originally posted by ares834
Luke, of course.

After all most heroes are involved in maybe one or two wars. But in the post-RotJ Eu a new galactic war pops up every few years and Luke has played a critical role in almost all of them.

Yea, Luke has: The Emperor and Vader

The Clone Emperor.

The Vong.

The Lost Tribe of the Sith.

Abeloth.

And a bunch of other darksiders and other threats.

Tython beat Vitiate, which is rather major.

Cade killed Krayt and destroyed Muur, a potential galaxy-threat, once and for all.

Nomi Sunrider was the primary figure responsible for bringing the Exar Kun war to an end.

Lord Hoth is perhaps worth including- while he wasn't the one who actually wiped the Sith, he did corner the Sith, forcing their downfall.

Lesse, I think my list at this point is:

Luke
Tython
Exile
Cade
Nomi
Barsen'thor
Draco
Lando
Lord Hoth

I hesitate to include Revan because he helped cause so many of the problems he fixed ^^

The_Tempest
Luke's numero uno by a long shot and a half.

Q99
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Luke's numero uno by a long shot and a half.

You could split Luke's feats in half and both would still be around the top smile

Nephthys
The Hero didn't just defeat Vitiate and stop him from consuming the galaxy, although that alone puts her near the top. She also saved Coruscant from the Prison Planet weapon, which would allow the Empire to conquer Coruscant again, stopped the planetary annihilation of Tatooine by the Shock Drum, prevented Tython from being blasted to fiery ruin by the Desolator, foiled Executor Krannus from destroying Belsavis through volcanic genocide and lastly helped kill Sel-Makor and stop it from being unleashed on Voss and consuming all life.

Allankles
Originally posted by Q99
Hm, lesse, he did hold Luke's metaphorical hand on the trench run, which scores some points.

laughing

It's pretty much Yoda, he trained a good portion of the Jedi who were able to keep the peace for 1000 years. So yeah, Yoda by landslide!!!

The rest of these guys became normies and lost touch with the higher principles.

Lord Lucien
Keeping the peace isn't the same as defeating the darkness. The Dark Side still overwhelmed Yoda and his peacekeepers, and according to Yoda himself, it's because he was totally unprepared for it.

Stealth Moose
Jaden Korr defeated Ragnos. Otherwise, there would be no Jedi post-JA. He is therefore the most important Jedi ever because he averted a Sith victory of unparalleled domination. And he built his own lightsaber without help. I mean, shit, it's a wonder he didn't do anything else and faded into obscurity beside Luke.

Nephthys
He has a book now. He fights an Rakatan entity and stuff.

Stealth Moose
Is it any good or is it rubbish?

Nephthys
Dunno. Read it and find out I guess?

Stealth Moose
That's why I asked you, sir. Delegation is a form of leadership expression.

Nephthys
I haven't read it. I only recalled it because Allankles brought it up recently in this thread.

Stealth Moose
I hate post-RotJ EU like rats. I'll have to wait.

Q99
Originally posted by Allankles
laughing

It's pretty much Yoda, he trained a good portion of the Jedi who were able to keep the peace for 1000 years. So yeah, Yoda by landslide!!!

The rest of these guys became normies and lost touch with the higher principles.

He's not the only Jedi master to keep the peace for centuries, and in that time he only faced one big dark side takeover and lost. We actually don't know of any galactic-level threats he faced.

Luke fought a stream of threats, as did Tythy. The Exile faced a pack of Sith lords on her own. Cade Skywalker faced both the current Sith ruler of the galaxy and a Sith who'd bring nigh-unstoppable plagues to sweep across it. Etc..

Allankles
War doesn't do it. It's like you guys don't get it. You don't "defeat" darkness through war: defeating evil by martial means is only a reprieve before it comes back.

Yoda and his cohorts tried to defeat it preemptively, by recruitment and teaching. If war undermined the Jedi at the end of his reign... it wasn't for a lack of trying. Combat feats don't mean nothin with regards to defeating evil.

Also, stopping crisis without lethal force - a thing that many a Jedi in Yoda's time was able to accomplish.

Lord Lucien
Yoda and his cohorts tried to defeat it preemptively, by recruitment and teaching. If war undermined the Jedi at the end of his reign... it wasn't for a lack of trying. Ermagawd you guyz, there's a great quote I can throw in your face right here, but I just can't think of it.

Allankles
I hope Episode 7 and the new trilogy deal with some of these issues. It's time the Jedi were peace keepers again, not just reactionary generals.

Q99
War doesn't do it. It's like you guys don't get it. You don't "defeat" darkness through war: defeating evil by martial means is only a reprieve before it comes back.

Mind you, it can prevent a massive number of people from being killed in that time.

And then during the reprieve, you can work to prevent it from returning from other means.

The act of defense is still a vital one if big threats occur.

Still, there is the matter there were no attempted Sith takeovers during that time, and it wasn't because of Yoda specifically, it was all the Jedi. Nor did they preemptively stop what happened during the Clone Wars, even though two of the three key Sith were once Jedi (Dooku and Anakin).

Luke put out dozens of brushfires before they became big wars. He turned several darksiders good- like Kam Solusar and Kyp Durron, and Darth Vader, he turned the galaxy to light not through his skills with a saber but by convincing one of the Sith to turn.

He did a lot of preventative and a lot of direct reaction.

Or there's Nomi Sunrider, who helped end the Exar Kun war by turning Ulic Qel-Doma back to the light.

And there's tons of Jedi who've ruled during times of peace, even ones for centuries.

Yoda doesn't rank in the top for turning people to light.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Q99
What did Yoda do? He didn't beat any major sith lords or such. This isn't a question of who formed the least attachments, after all, this is who accomplished the most.

I mean, another one who's way up there: The Exile. Meetra beat not one but three powerful sith lords and brought to an end a period of war that'd gone on for a decade, allowing for the revival of the Jedi order.

Yeah, and than Karpyshyn nerf'd the hell out her.

Q99
Quite true. She's still way up there in accomplishments.

---

Hm, should we place Vader on the list... ? Sure, he created tons of problems himself, but he killed Dooku, Grievous, and finally Palpatine himself.

Dolos
Luke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.