Hellraiser remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
And Doug Bradley is returning as Pinhead

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=89068

Lestov16
I am so glad to see that there is no originality anymore. Barker could have created a brand new horror franchise, even cast Doug Bradley in it. But nope, why do something that requires effort when we can just remake a classic? Why does it even need to be remade? I can already predict that the extravagant CGI won't come near to the terrifying practical effects of the original.

So this is what, the 2 billionth unnecessary sequel/remake/adaptation of a past franchise? 3 billionth?

Mindship
Comics reboot; films get remade.

I'm still waiting for the 2001: a space odyssey remake, where Hal is an ipod. As he dies, he slowly sings Michael Jackson's Thriller...

Kazenji
People found the original terrifying ?.....i got bored of the first one. Had more enjoyment from the sequels

Originally posted by Lestov16
I am so glad to see that there is no originality anymore. Barker could have created a brand new horror franchise, even cast Doug Bradley in it. But nope, why do something that requires effort when we can just remake a classic? Why does it even need to be remade? I can already predict that the extravagant CGI won't come near to the terrifying practical effects of the original.

That's like how i remember reading somewhere David Cronenberg wanted to remake his Fly movie.

erik.dansereau
I'm torn, there are movies out there that I want remade or franchises rebooted, but yes, there is something to be said of the lack of originality in hollywood

focus4chumps
im actually interested in this so long as clive barker is writing it.

jinXed by JaNx
This is one of those franchises that doesn't need a remake. Aside from the first sequel each movie can be viewed as a stand alone movie. However, i'm a sucker for these movies. Each time a new, Hellraiser movie releases I always watch it and even though i'm always disappointed I look forward to the next one lol Nice to here, Bradley is returning though

BruceSkywalker
depending on the cast, might see..

steverules_2
Thought this got cancelled? Hmmm anyways it'll be nice to see a new one, somehow I managed to sit through the whole of hellraiser revelations(?), think thats the name...but yeah that movie...was soooo bad that words can't explain how awful it was

focus4chumps
you're all acting like the franchise wasnt destroyed utterly long ago with the release of hellraiser 3 and every crappy movie afterward.

steverules_2
Are we?

Kazenji
Originally posted by erik.dansereau
I'm torn, there are movies out there that I want remade or franchises rebooted,

And yet people continue on like remaking or rebooting movies is a new thing, which its not they've been doing it for years

Wouldn't be surprised if its hard to do now, Without it having based on a novel, Comic/Graphic Novel or even something that's influenced by something else.

-Pr-
Hellraiser is my absolute favourite horror series, so I'd like to see what they can do with a remake.

That said, I'm wary as ****.

steverules_2
After Hellraiser revelations anything would be better, could be Douglas Bradley as pinhead on the toilet and it'd be better erm

Galan007
This is a horror series that is in drastic need of updated effects/acting. I'm stoked for the remake. thumb up

steverules_2
The effects in the original were actually pretty good, I mean the monster that kept chasing Kirsty was a bit shit looking sure but other than that the effects were pretty damn amazing. I'm wondering this time if they'll follow the book more closely, I'm glad Dougs coming back for it cause he is pinhead.

Galan007
The effects were good for the time(this was back in '87 remember), but they just don't hold up, imo.

I've never read the book. What are some differences between it and the original film?

steverules_2
The ending was different

And in the book Kirsty wasn't Rory's daughter, she was a friend of Rory's and I think she had maybe a bit of an attraction to him

The effects are a little dated yeah but still I think they do sorta hold up. Pinhead looks amazing, of course in the book he's just called the lead cenobite. The one with the chattering teeth was pretty cool too smile the lady freaked me out quite a bit, the fat guy was just kinda...meh. And the mutilated bodies looked so disgusting in that film with the maggots coming out. It'd be interesting to see what it would look like today, but Nightmare on elm street ended up using CGI for Freddy and it didn't look as good as Freddy originally looked in the original, so if they use todays effects it may look pretty damn awful but hopefully that won't be the case and perhaps they could make some pretty damn cool things happen.

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
The ending was different

Which is odd when Clive also directed & did the script with the original one.

steverules_2
I think I read somewhere that he didn't like the pinhead name

I think the ending was changed so they could have a sequel but then again the ending of the book left it open for a sequel too, it woulda been nice to see maybe a different puzzle box that opened another door

Patient_Leech
Depending on who directs it, I think a remake of this isn't such a bad idea. I like the original, but it is perhaps a little dated. It still has some cool practical effects, though. Just don't let Michael Bay have anything to do with it... that didn't seem too bode well for A Nightmare On Elm St. Hopefully they'll do it right and use Pinhead baby... lol

http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Baby_Pinhead_10_25_13.jpg

Kazenji
Pretty sure Clive Barker is smarter then that letting Michael Bay near this.

steverules_2
If Michael Bay gets near it pinhead will be an alien and pretty much everything will explode

Kazenji

wilco

wilco
I don't understand the forum..............I am accused for being spammer. I really don't why you I am a spammer!!!!!!!!!!!!! F**k them

wilco

wilco
Originally posted by wilco
I was going to apologize..WHY! Bummer if I know! 3 years age I was in a coma on deaths door...............you are the last person I would apologize and I have never met you!~ You're up your self, plain and simple! laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.