delete me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Windu
delete me.

Corran
Hmmm, well put together, you appear to have put a lot of thought into this. But why wasn't the Emporer able to listen to the force?

Ushgarak
Sorry, buddy, but that theory has been advanced several times already. It's no good because in the whole history of the Galaxy there would have already been such Jedi who would have therefore vanished into the Force. But there has not- the whole Ghost Trick thing is unheard of, as GL has explained. Therefore there must be more to it than any simple list of pre-requisites like that. It has probably something far more to do with Anakin as the Chosen One.

QGJ didn't think he was going to die at all. He was just meditating to stay calm. He intended to WIN that fight and raise Anakin himself. Also Obi-Wan was clearly trying to get back to the Falcon until he saw that it was clearly impossible. He doesn't WANT to die, as such, just he knew that it wouldn't be as much of a disadvantage, as it were, as Vader thought it would be.

And also the implication is that QGJ was the only one who paid any heed to the Living Force at all. That is not true; you need the Living Force (again, according to GL) to be sensitive to others, to sense minds, to use the mind trick... clearly all the Jedi are in touch with the Force in this way, just QGJ just prioritised it more than the others- FAR more than Obi-Wan and Yoda did at the points they died. If QGJ's attitude to the Living Force is vital to the ghost trick then Yoda and Obi-Wan do not qualify.

Finally, GL has also stated that Destiny is the province of the COSMIC Force, the greater part of the Force, not the Living. So this focus on the Living Force and Destiny for all this is a mis-match.

"It's been several years of isolation for Obiwan and he has had years to prepare himself and be one with the living force."- I assume you accidentally put this in quote marks.

I recommend that people check out back threads where this thing has been discussed way beyond this point before- it will prevent a lot of unncessary repetition of argument.

Evil Windu
Ok.. I might as well delete the whole theory.. since its already been thought of...

Ushgarak
I don't think that is necessary. And I do believe QGJ has certain insights that other Jedi do not that leads to him ebing able to do something- like be heard by Yoda in AOTC. But it is still a REAL pain for such theories that his body did not disappear into the Force. Of course, plot-wise GL couldn't have him disappear in TPM because then everyone from Obi-Wan to Yoda (and more importantly, to Palpatine and Anakin, two people who must not know this is possible) would have been going "Bloody Hell, why did THAT happen???" which is not quite the subtle build-up he wanted.

But putting the theory into definites as presented is fraught with problems. There are logical contradictions to just about anything that can be advanced at this stage.

Julie
eh I don't get it.

Evil Windu
I posted an Theory on the Jedi Disappearing Trick and then Ushgarak told me that this has been posted before etc etc.. so I just deleted it.. I guess that would be my last theory EVER posted here !!

GordonSkywalker
Evil Windu I implore you to reconsider your departure. I like almost all the ideas you have shared with us. All but one I think. You have a great mind to figure these things out. Please do not leave.

GordonSkywalker
Guys we need to be more open to other ideas that are not our own.

cookies2006
Once again well said Gordon.

GordonSkywalker
The Moderators will not think so. I expect them to appear any moment now.

cookies2006
No, they dont get on till about 7 on my watch.

GordonSkywalker
Either way they're coming.

Evil Windu
lol no.. I was never leaving.. what I ment by ' delete me' is delete this thread or lock it.. but never again im going to post one of my 'bogus' theorys here in these boards.. anyways im gone .

Ushgarak
The mods are on just as much as any of you guys are- they are from around the world. There is no set time that 'they' come on, like we are some single entity.

And I am sorry, but ideas advanced must be subject to possible criticism. If you do not like that then most certainly things should not be posted.

I also dislike the insinuation that simply because ideas are subject to such criticism that people are therefore unrecepetive to new ideas. This is manifestly not the case.

Well, as Windu deleted his own theory I guess this thread has no point. But I am afraid that similar theories HAD been advanced before and it did indeed go against several things George Lucas had said. If people want to delete their own advanced ideas whenever this is the case then that is their own business but to conclude that this place is therefore unreceptive is absurdly sensitive.

Now closing,

Member.
wait what? delete ur name or...man im so confused...sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.