Stargirl (JSA's Courtney Whitmore) vs Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

beatboks
Stargirls and easily. Completely different power levels.

With her cosmic rod she can easily put up shields to stop his blasts not to mention just manipulate his energy.

You are aware that the Cosmic rod is a power device pretty close to that of a GL ring right??? Stargirl has that plus her Cosmic converter belt.

She's able to fight and match god's that give Powergirl a hard time. If it was courtney when she was just Star Spangled kid with only the Cosmic converter belt this would be closer but with both it's a stomp. I've seen threads that put her against powerhouses like Hulk and Thor and it's been heavily debated.

Digi
boks is overstating her potential quite a bit, but I agree with the outcome.

Warlord
stargirl

Q99
Originally posted by beatboks
Stargirls and easily. Completely different power levels.

With her cosmic rod she can easily put up shields to stop his blasts not to mention just manipulate his energy.

You are aware that the Cosmic rod is a power device pretty close to that of a GL ring right??? Stargirl has that plus her Cosmic converter belt.

Though to be fair, it's normal performance is a lot lower than a GL ring, and Court often fights as a fairly simple flying blaster.

When was that?

beatboks
Originally posted by Digi
boks is overstating her potential quite a bit, but I agree with the outcome.

Overstateing potential???

Using an older less powerful star rod ( Ted's first power device) Ted matched Alan Scot and caused pain to Ian Karkull when even Classic Fate could not (one of many times the star rod has done what Fate's power couldn't - I'll get to that).

The star rod was stated by Sylvester Pemberton SSK in All Star Comics 69 to be less powerful than his cosmic converter belt (Ted even conceded the fact but won because of greater experience). Courntey wears the belt and has the newer more powerful and greatly updated (not to mention larger) Cosmic rod.

Some feats for the Star rod

In All Star 59 Syl when he used the star rod used it to cause counter earth tremors to seal a fissure

In All Star 61 after Dr Fate's blasts did nothing to Vulcan he used the star rod to track him down then form Ice around him ( removing all the heat with his energy manipulation) followed by making the rail road tracks wrap around him ( using the energy manipulation of the magnetic field). He then finished of with a full poweered blast from the rod that obliterated Vulcan. It completely vaporised him when even Classic Fate's most powerful blasts could not.

In All Star Squadron 41 (retelling of Ted's orogin) we see a neophyte Ted Knight use the star rod to trace power emanations, prevent mind control, melt a 4to 5 inch thick vault door to slag, deflect energy blasts back at their source

Feats for the Comic rod

Used by Jack Knight in Starman v2 #8 to actually defeat the demons three

There is no way I'm overestimating the power in the hands and subject to the mental control of Courtney Whitmore.

beatboks
Originally posted by Q99
Though to be fair, it's normal performance is a lot lower than a GL ring, and Court often fights as a fairly simple flying blaster.

When was that?

She is often shown as a simple blaster but does have some instances of using the energy manipulation capabilities. Plus she has actually used IIRC the Cosmic Converter Belt's stars to override an adversaries synapses and overload their brain ( agaisnt teh Injustice Society in JSA Classified if I'm not mistaken.

I'm pretty sure it was in JSA All Stars but may have been in Powergirl's solo. I'll have to dig it up I have it somewhere

She is also the only one who has wielded the rod who has shown mental control over it from a distance due to it being attuned to her.

beatboks
Originally posted by Q99

When was that?
http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Starman%20girl/fightinggods.jpg.html?sort=3&o=18

I found where I saved the scan. I checked through my PG solo issues and it wasn't from her appearances in them so much have been JSA All Stars. PG was copping a hiding before she showed up. Once she was there the tide turned big time, she was doing damage to the when PG couldn't

also as for all the other feats I mentioned ^ ^ I posted links to the scans on the strgirl vs Vulcan thread http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t586900.html I couldn't be bothered posting them twice and copy and pasting URL's never seems to work here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.